Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Board Update 12:38 - Mar 28 with 11273 viewsChaffRAFC

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Board Update on 12:46 - Mar 28 with 6170 viewsKingstdale

This can only be a good move. MRKT are respected player in this field,,and in effect,,the board are saying "We need help".
Granted,,it's too late for EFL survival,,but it's a positive step.
Board Update on 13:09 - Mar 28 with 6031 viewsjoecooke

Board Update on 12:46 - Mar 28 by Kingstdale

This can only be a good move. MRKT are respected player in this field,,and in effect,,the board are saying "We need help".

Surely the board knew they needed help from the outset as no one had any experience running a football club.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Board Update on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 5979 viewsfourfourtwo

"As always, the club welcomes feedback and supporter consultation in these and any other areas"

Does it???
Board Update on 13:18 - Mar 28 with 5972 viewsKingstdale

Board Update on 13:09 - Mar 28 by joecooke

Surely the board knew they needed help from the outset as no one had any experience running a football club.

Well yes,,of course,but at least they've taken a step. We cannot just be negative about everything.
Board Update on 13:20 - Mar 28 with 5955 views442Dale

Thanks to the club for an update.

Of course it raises further questions as we now head off in yet another direction.

On the part where they say they welcome feedback and supporter consultation any areas, including season cards, presumably they be are to provide details on when there will be meetings arranged with supporters (as previously) ahead of the Season Cards being released?
As they do welcome supporter consultation, could they not arrange another fans forum to go through this change in approach as it wasn’t mentioned at the last one that took place last month?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Board Update on 13:21 - Mar 28 with 5949 viewsDaleiLama

Board Update on 13:18 - Mar 28 by Kingstdale

Well yes,,of course,but at least they've taken a step. We cannot just be negative about everything.

The first step was acknowledging there is a problem.

The second is doing something about it. Which is an on-going, and in some respects, a never ending process. Continuous improvement.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Board Update on 13:24 - Mar 28 with 5918 views442Dale

Board Update on 13:18 - Mar 28 by Kingstdale

This is very true, and nor should the club view any constructive opinion and criticism as negative.

They welcome feedback and supporter consultation in any area so it will be interesting to hear their plans on how they will gather and action this.

Board Update on 13:32 - Mar 28 with 5855 viewsDale2017

do you think theres any chance the club will release the findings from this club review?

Just with there being a lot of fans and obviously the trust holding a large number of share, it would be an interesting read.
Login to get fewer ads

Board Update on 13:33 - Mar 28 with 5838 viewsD_Alien

Board Update on 12:46 - Mar 28 by Kingstdale

You seem to know something about MRKT

Could you expand on why this move should be welcomed, and if possible, provide examples of where it's materially helped other clubs, thanks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Board Update on 13:34 - Mar 28 with 5827 viewsJames1980

Once again another example of damned if they do damned if they don't.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Board Update on 13:37 - Mar 28 with 5794 views442Dale

Board Update on 13:34 - Mar 28 by James1980

Not at all, James. It was a necessity they did and they’ve acknowledged the role of supporters consultation within it.

For DAlien and others on MRKT, found this:

https://associationofsportingdirectors.com/mrkt-insights-the-football-fans-turne

Board Update on 13:37 - Mar 28 with 5788 views49thseason

Board Update on 13:33 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

Could you expand on why this move should be welcomed, and if possible, provide examples of where it's materially helped other clubs, thanks

mrktinsights.com.. just had a quick look, they have case studies and an interesting blog. Their work with Brighton is particularly interesting.
Board Update on 13:37 - Mar 28 with 5789 viewsfitzochris

What is that in response to, James? Anything done by those running the club will be scrutinised by paying customers - especially now when so many paying customers are shareholders too. That's exactly how it should be.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Board Update on 13:38 - Mar 28 with 5790 viewsKnavesmireBob

I think that's a good update. Pleased to see some key areas for improvement being identified and getting some external help. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it. We are where we are, positive signs the last couple of days.
Board Update on 13:38 - Mar 28 with 5778 viewsD_Alien

Let's just hope one of the recommendations isn't to axe the academy

There will be costs involved in this exercise

I've seen enough examples of "respected" management consultants doing considerable long-term damage in the NHS to be wary, rather than negative

Board Update on 13:44 - Mar 28 with 5734 viewsjoecooke

They have been in post for the best part of two years. Why has it taken so long would be my question.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Board Update on 13:47 - Mar 28 with 5703 viewsD_Alien

Board Update on 13:37 - Mar 28 by 442Dale

Not at all, James. It was a necessity they did and they’ve acknowledged the role of supporters consultation within it.

For DAlien and others on MRKT, found this:

https://associationofsportingdirectors.com/mrkt-insights-the-football-fans-turne

Thanks for finding that

It'd be interesting to get a perspective from the supporters Trusts of those clubs mentioned

Board Update on 13:50 - Mar 28 with 5678 viewsBrierls

I've not even looked at responses Twitter, I'm not sure I can handle it. The statement could have been structured better, I think it's a little too business like for the majority of our fanbase.

I think it's a positive step, assuming there is a genuine agreement that output from the report will form the basis of a roadmap for the short, medium and long term. I'd much rather hear of actions like this than "we'll roll our sleeves up, work really hard, and sort this out".

It's important to acknowledge that there's a rather large admission of accountability from the BoD here. They're basically admitting they don't know what they're doing from a football perspective and need help. Granted, they've needed that from the start, but we're all too aware of the distractions and siege mentality those distractions created.

The services of a football consultancy won't come cheap, but I'd argue we can't afford not to take the opportunity for a full review when we're at rock bottom (hopefully). It's the perfect time to do it.
Board Update on 13:51 - Mar 28 with 5676 viewsKingstdale

Board Update on 13:33 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

To be honest,,I don't personally,,but my son has worked in Analysis at an EFL club and speaks well of them. I trust his opinion and judgement in these matters.
Board Update on 13:59 - Mar 28 with 5626 viewsTalkingSutty

If somebody was looking to buy a football club would they request a full review of it before parting with their money?
Board Update on 14:06 - Mar 28 with 5583 viewsBrierls

Board Update on 13:59 - Mar 28 by TalkingSutty

If somebody was looking to buy a football club would they request a full review of it before parting with their money?

Due diligence you mean? ;)

"MRKT Insights provide a consultancy service for those looking to invest in club football. We can provide footballing due diligence at league level or club level. We have completed projects for potential investors interested in UK, European, and South American club football."

FWIW I think this has come from the BoD applying what they'd do if their own business had declined. On the flip side, if this is driven from a potential investor, I think that reflects well on them too.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 14:11]
Board Update on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 5575 viewselectricblue

As a supporter and what as happened over the recent years i can only see this as a beneficial move by the BoD...

This should have been done towards the end of last season...

Dale are stumbling into a new era and help of this nature will be of a huge benefit for the new season know matter what league Dale are in..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Board Update on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 5573 viewsD_Alien

Board Update on 14:06 - Mar 28 by Brierls

Due diligence you mean? ;)

"MRKT Insights provide a consultancy service for those looking to invest in club football. We can provide footballing due diligence at league level or club level. We have completed projects for potential investors interested in UK, European, and South American club football."

FWIW I think this has come from the BoD applying what they'd do if their own business had declined. On the flip side, if this is driven from a potential investor, I think that reflects well on them too.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 14:11]

If this is the case (not saying it is, but TS has a point...), then it's the club paying for the due diligence

[Post edited 28 Mar 2023 14:08]

Board Update on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 5576 viewsfourfourtwo

Board Update on 13:38 - Mar 28 by D_Alien

Let's just hope one of the recommendations isn't to axe the academy

There will be costs involved in this exercise

I've seen enough examples of "respected" management consultants doing considerable long-term damage in the NHS to be wary, rather than negative

The Academy will be one of the first things to go if our stay in Non-League proves to be lengthy.

I believe it is predominantly funded by The EFL & that money will dry up.
Board Update on 14:08 - Mar 28 with 5575 viewsJames1980

My comment was in response to early comments in the thread. Anyway an over reaction by me. I agree with those that see these moves as positive. We don't know why a company like this wasn't employed sooner but now they have been hopefully working with them has the desired improvements.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024