Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13 points... 13:28 - Apr 5 with 1156 viewsDorsetIan

To be honest, my last embers of hope faded away with the WH result. We keep doing the same things, we keep getting beaten and I can see no reason why it's going to change but...

Nine games to go and 13 points would get us to 36 and half chance of staying up.

Let's imagine a world where the Club could roll the dice one final time and secure the very very best PL manager to secure us through the remaining 9 games. Fergie in his prime, say, or maybe Bobby Robson, or Guardiola...

What exactly would they do to change things?

We all know the weaknesses in the team, but there is also talent there and somehow, although Selles has been an improvement on the previous clown, I can't help thinking that the very very best would find a way to get a bit more and those 13 points. I just don't know how...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

13 points... on 15:09 - Apr 5 with 1046 viewsdirk_doone

Practise passing forwards to team mates. Pochettino had an immediate effect with two simple instructions: one touch passing and always forward. He also doubled the training sessions to improve fitness so the players could cope with the relentless attacking. Of course, our strikers also need to be taught how to beat a goalkeeper in one on one situations by rounding him or chipping the ball over him into the net. At the moment, none of them seem to know how to do this.

All of our players also need to be taught to jump when the ball is crossed into the penalty area, especially from corners. At the moment they nearly all stay with their feet firmly planted on the ground and let the opposition players jump and win the ball unchallenged in the air.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 15:47]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

13 points... on 15:15 - Apr 5 with 1023 viewsRon11

Guardiola.
I wonder how he would be with a team that didn't have some of the best players in the world in it...
13 points... on 15:17 - Apr 5 with 1017 viewsSonicBoom

I just don't think these players are actually good enough. Fergie could tell them whatever he liked but if they don't have the ability compared to the opposition then they aren't going to win are they.
I honestly think if we survive now it would be the greatest escape ever and I include all those from the Dell. We've been bottom all season for a reason.
13 points... on 15:33 - Apr 5 with 997 viewsdirk_doone

13 points... on 15:15 - Apr 5 by Ron11

Guardiola.
I wonder how he would be with a team that didn't have some of the best players in the world in it...

He could try putting them on Nandrolone. That's what he took when he played for a poor team, Brescia, at the end of his career, but he did eventually get caught and banned for it.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024