Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T' 2023 LCCC season 16:33 - Apr 9 with 16402 viewsD_Alien

Decided to start a separate Lancs cricket thread

Surrey have had much the better of the opening game at OT, declaring to set Lancs 444 but after the earlyish loss of the openers, Bohannon (107no) and Croft are putting up a fight

At 234-2 with about 25 overs to go, not safe yet but to come out with a draw would be creditable

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T' 2023 LCCC season on 19:07 - Apr 9 with 10003 viewsisitme

After two fairly early wickets Bohannon and Croft did well to bat out pretty much the rest of the day against a high quality seam attack. Surrey's lack of a frontline spinner probably counted against them in the fourth innings. Hopefully Anderson will be available for the next game. Having Mitchell available would also be a bonus.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 04:38 - Apr 10 with 9872 viewsfrenzied

Hope that this season we can win something after being runners up in all competitions last season!!!
T' 2023 LCCC season on 13:10 - Apr 16 with 9654 viewsD_Alien

Lancs lower order have given Essex a right good tonking in the extended session up to lunch, reaching 351/7, a lead of 339

I expect them to declare (may wait till the end of the lunch break) setting a target of 5 an over with 68 overs remaining

Probably end in a draw but good to see some of the younger lads making important contributions

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 13:14]

T' 2023 LCCC season on 14:07 - Apr 16 with 9606 viewsD_Alien

And Jimmy gets Sir Alastair Cook (combined ages: 78) for a duck!

[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 14:08]

T' 2023 LCCC season on 13:43 - May 7 with 9372 viewsD_Alien

Lancs declare at lunch on 329/8 at Trent Bridge

Notts require 295 in 67 overs, 4.4 an over

T' 2023 LCCC season on 14:29 - May 7 with 9328 viewsisitme

Another rain affected game. Hartley has made a really good start to the season with the bat. Hopefully he can shine with the ball.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:09 - May 7 with 9324 viewsDorsetDale

Balderson going well with bat and ball. Victory in sight?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:43 - May 7 with 9298 viewsNigeriamark

T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:09 - May 7 by DorsetDale

Balderson going well with bat and ball. Victory in sight?

6 wickets in the session. 4 to take after tea with little chance of Notts getting the runs. 36 overs to do it so good chance of the first win this season.
Login to get fewer ads

T' 2023 LCCC season on 18:33 - May 7 with 9217 viewsD_Alien

Damn, 9 wickets down...

Feel Lancs should be taking these chances to win, otherwise mid-table this season

T' 2023 LCCC season on 08:03 - May 8 with 9065 viewsisitme

Apart from the game against Surrey Lancs have been on top but the weather has in the end just taken too much time out of the game. Mitchell in for Vilas should strengthen the batting. We have also got some of the so called lesser teams to play.

Balderston's recent performances have had me questioning why he has not been starting ahead of the big man.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 11:18 - May 8 with 9010 viewsDorsetDale

T' 2023 LCCC season on 08:03 - May 8 by isitme

Apart from the game against Surrey Lancs have been on top but the weather has in the end just taken too much time out of the game. Mitchell in for Vilas should strengthen the batting. We have also got some of the so called lesser teams to play.

Balderston's recent performances have had me questioning why he has not been starting ahead of the big man.

I put the mockers on that result!

Agree about Vilas but with Jennings out and Croft not certain to start, who'd be your captain?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

T' 2023 LCCC season on 11:25 - May 8 with 8989 viewsisitme

T' 2023 LCCC season on 11:18 - May 8 by DorsetDale

I put the mockers on that result!

Agree about Vilas but with Jennings out and Croft not certain to start, who'd be your captain?

Mitchell will start when available so either Vilas or deGrandhomme will have to make way. From the official site is seems Jennings is out for about another 3 weeks. Croft will start so give it him or I'm sure Wells or Bohannon could do it for a few games.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 07:44 - May 15 with 8729 viewsfrenzied

Another draw..

Onto the Vitality games for the next few weeks.

Why did Somerset bat that last day out rather than setting Lancs a target to chase?
T' 2023 LCCC season on 08:02 - May 15 with 8726 viewsD_Alien

T' 2023 LCCC season on 07:44 - May 15 by frenzied

Another draw..

Onto the Vitality games for the next few weeks.

Why did Somerset bat that last day out rather than setting Lancs a target to chase?

Good question

They entered the final day in a similar position as Lancs were in our last game against Notts, who ended up clinging on

Doesn't look good for Jimmy, with not much chance to regain full match fitness for the Ashes now

T' 2023 LCCC season on 11:21 - May 15 with 8661 viewsfrenzied

T' 2023 LCCC season on 08:02 - May 15 by D_Alien

Good question

They entered the final day in a similar position as Lancs were in our last game against Notts, who ended up clinging on

Doesn't look good for Jimmy, with not much chance to regain full match fitness for the Ashes now

Thanks D Alien,

Thought id missed somer tactical wizardry from Somerset.

Looking forward to the Vitality games..some great games for Lancs last season esp the Roses matches
T' 2023 LCCC season on 13:37 - May 15 with 8605 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

T' 2023 LCCC season on 14:25 - May 15 with 8586 viewsfitzochris

T' 2023 LCCC season on 11:21 - May 15 by frenzied

Thanks D Alien,

Thought id missed somer tactical wizardry from Somerset.

Looking forward to the Vitality games..some great games for Lancs last season esp the Roses matches

According to Craig Overton, Somerset offered Lancs a chase at the close of Day 3, but they refused to make a game of it. Probably conscious of the absence of Anderson for one.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:33 - May 15 with 8545 viewsD_Alien

T' 2023 LCCC season on 14:25 - May 15 by fitzochris

According to Craig Overton, Somerset offered Lancs a chase at the close of Day 3, but they refused to make a game of it. Probably conscious of the absence of Anderson for one.

Not sure i buy that

If Overton had wanted to make a game of it, he had all the options at his disposal to score runs more quickly up till lunch (possibly losing wickets) then put Lancs in, as we did against Notts. Anderson's absence would only have aided that strategy, and no need to consult Lancs at all

Spectators paying good money to turn up yesterday were in effect being short changed, and not by Lancs. Seemed more like he was content to let his younger batsmen make their tons, in Rew's case his second of the match and the other his maiden ton

T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:54 - May 15 with 8514 viewsfitzochris

T' 2023 LCCC season on 15:33 - May 15 by D_Alien

Not sure i buy that

If Overton had wanted to make a game of it, he had all the options at his disposal to score runs more quickly up till lunch (possibly losing wickets) then put Lancs in, as we did against Notts. Anderson's absence would only have aided that strategy, and no need to consult Lancs at all

Spectators paying good money to turn up yesterday were in effect being short changed, and not by Lancs. Seemed more like he was content to let his younger batsmen make their tons, in Rew's case his second of the match and the other his maiden ton

As I said, "according to Craig Overton". His words can be taken well salted.

It's been a frustrating start to the County Championship. I've watched all the games via the live streams and, while Lancs have been in control of several of them, they have been unable to force the issue. With the change in points awarded for a draw, our five draws have almost decimated any pre-season title challenge.

Keaton Jennings' absence will be a huge blow, but the other bats need to find some consistency. Our bowling attack looks tame too - especially without Anderson in it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

T' 2023 LCCC season on 19:36 - May 15 with 8422 viewsjonahwhereru

My pick up from the game is that Bohannon may be dealing with an injury. He turned his arm over regularly at one time. But was literally the only player not to turn his arm over in that game.
I do like Williams and although Anderson is a miss, I think Williams is one of the best first change bowlers in the country..
Sadly the financial pull of 1 day cricket has turned the Championship into a weather lottery.
My mate said of the Vitality and 100 “if I wanted to watch baseball I would watch baseball, rather than a derivation of it”. I to do not enjoy the alternative battle between bowler and ball.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 19:05 - Jun 1 with 8104 viewsD_Alien

Currently just 12C at Headingley for the start of the Roses Vitality Blast fixture, dropping further as the evening wears on. Not cricket weather, despite being in June

Strong Lancs team with Buttler back, Livingstone, Salt & Mitchell

17 conceded off the first over...

T' 2023 LCCC season on 21:18 - Jun 1 with 8048 viewsEllDale

Lancs 92-4 after 11 overs chasing 196
Looks like a tall order now after putting Yorkshire in to bat first on a decent track at Headingley.
T' 2023 LCCC season on 00:22 - Jun 2 with 8016 viewsDaley_Lama

Bloody awful that was.

Bowling.

Wood got smacked everywhere, so bowl him 17th and 19th overs? Awful captaincy.
Hartley. Despite both quickies going everywhere, scarcely bowled and only late on.

Fielding.

Poor, over-throws, dropped Malan, more over-throws. Gave them 10 runs.

Batting.

Caught at mid-off, first ball from Dom Bess? Hang your head, Jos Buttler.
Mis-timing it most shots? Bit different to the IPL eh Salty and Livingstone.
Really swinging at thin air. CDG (but forgiven for his bowling)

Croft, Wells, Hartley all batted at well above the batting rate BECAUSE they had to, due to ill-prepared superstars whose best effort was to give a single and get the lesser stars on strike. Then get out.

Well beaten by a team on paper we should have rolled.

Malan batted beautifully-he is an awesome player, effortless.

Poll: DF in or out

T' 2023 LCCC season on 05:46 - Jun 2 with 8000 viewsfrenzied

T' 2023 LCCC season on 00:22 - Jun 2 by Daley_Lama

Bloody awful that was.

Bowling.

Wood got smacked everywhere, so bowl him 17th and 19th overs? Awful captaincy.
Hartley. Despite both quickies going everywhere, scarcely bowled and only late on.

Fielding.

Poor, over-throws, dropped Malan, more over-throws. Gave them 10 runs.

Batting.

Caught at mid-off, first ball from Dom Bess? Hang your head, Jos Buttler.
Mis-timing it most shots? Bit different to the IPL eh Salty and Livingstone.
Really swinging at thin air. CDG (but forgiven for his bowling)

Croft, Wells, Hartley all batted at well above the batting rate BECAUSE they had to, due to ill-prepared superstars whose best effort was to give a single and get the lesser stars on strike. Then get out.

Well beaten by a team on paper we should have rolled.

Malan batted beautifully-he is an awesome player, effortless.

It was a poor performance by any standard ..never looked like winning

Reminded me of many Dale matches last season
T' 2023 LCCC season on 20:03 - Jun 4 with 7879 viewsDaley_Lama

Sack em all

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024