Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment 11:30 - May 21 with 1667 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60255/saints-need-to-con

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:03 - May 21 with 1601 viewsRon11

As I commented elsewhere on here, I'm beginning to think that Selles is responsible for this whole sorry mess, right back into last season and when the high press seemed to fade out.
And I'd be the first to admit that I was one of many convinced he should have been given the job instead of Jones, that he was the one that Hassenhutl should have been listening to, when in reality it seems all his input was totally incompetent with almost zero coaching experience to back it up.
No wonder Ralph looked pissed off most of the time towards the end.
Selles' comment that he would only stay if he was manager I think says it all.

Selles should be gone, and gone now.
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:15 - May 21 with 1570 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:03 - May 21 by Ron11

As I commented elsewhere on here, I'm beginning to think that Selles is responsible for this whole sorry mess, right back into last season and when the high press seemed to fade out.
And I'd be the first to admit that I was one of many convinced he should have been given the job instead of Jones, that he was the one that Hassenhutl should have been listening to, when in reality it seems all his input was totally incompetent with almost zero coaching experience to back it up.

Glad to see your honest assessment. Ralph was the one guy in the club who genuinely cared about this club and its supporters. He showed passion and gave non-corporate proper honest answers in interviews. He was p!ssed off because of exactly what you say. And promising him a striker and not delivering, didn't help either.

Getting rid of him for Sport Republic's yes men, data driven, potential rubbish, was a big mistake. Results might have gone downhill at end of Ralph's management, but that's because Selles arrived, a load of useless coaches trying to influence the play on the pitch and Sport Republic started interfering with their stupid ideas. Be careful what you wish for. I honestly think that had Ralph been left alone to run the show, buy his own players, including a decent striker, bring in his own coaches, we wouldn't be in this mess now. Just my opinion that some will disagree with but that's what I think.

Now we are seeing what is really wrong at the club and has been since SR arrived, and that's the men at the very top. Things probably won't change until they are gone.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 12:24]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:36 - May 21 with 1531 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:15 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

Glad to see your honest assessment. Ralph was the one guy in the club who genuinely cared about this club and its supporters. He showed passion and gave non-corporate proper honest answers in interviews. He was p!ssed off because of exactly what you say. And promising him a striker and not delivering, didn't help either.

Getting rid of him for Sport Republic's yes men, data driven, potential rubbish, was a big mistake. Results might have gone downhill at end of Ralph's management, but that's because Selles arrived, a load of useless coaches trying to influence the play on the pitch and Sport Republic started interfering with their stupid ideas. Be careful what you wish for. I honestly think that had Ralph been left alone to run the show, buy his own players, including a decent striker, bring in his own coaches, we wouldn't be in this mess now. Just my opinion that some will disagree with but that's what I think.

Now we are seeing what is really wrong at the club and has been since SR arrived, and that's the men at the very top. Things probably won't change until they are gone.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 12:24]

Thought Seles arrived at the start of this season (but being based in Portugal for over 20 years I may be mistaken) ?
Ralph probably took the team as far as he could, the issue was obviously his replacement and of course the player trading. Saints has wasted so much money on players who didn´t fit a system of play or were just simply not good enough.
Maybe Wilcox will bring Pep with him from Citeh
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:59 - May 21 with 1499 viewswashington_saint

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:03 - May 21 by Ron11

Only one problem with your argument here Ron - Selles did not start with Saints until this season, he was not here last season!

No-one could get a tune out of this lot of players - as has been seen.

That being said I think Selles is too negative and his first thought is not to lose as opposed to wanting to win every game.
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 14:26 - May 21 with 1360 viewsNinja9

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 12:59 - May 21 by washington_saint

Only one problem with your argument here Ron - Selles did not start with Saints until this season, he was not here last season!

No-one could get a tune out of this lot of players - as has been seen.

That being said I think Selles is too negative and his first thought is not to lose as opposed to wanting to win every game.

Selles did not start until this season .
Remind me what season have we been relegated !!!
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 18:35 - May 21 with 1266 viewsBerber

I don’t think the owners or management for one minute think about making any concessions to what the fans want.
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 19:47 - May 21 with 1203 viewsUTS1885

Happy to blow millions on players that are not PL standard, but want a low budget manager. Why is that ? So they can dictate the show ?

Why arent we spending big on a manager ? we have the money.
Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 20:01 - May 21 with 1180 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 19:47 - May 21 by UTS1885

Happy to blow millions on players that are not PL standard, but want a low budget manager. Why is that ? So they can dictate the show ?

Why arent we spending big on a manager ? we have the money.

So that w Ankerson can have someone else to his hair with, compare notes on their dress, and look in the mirror pretending to be film stars?

He couldn't do that with big Sam, Dyche or managers like that.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Login to get fewer ads

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 21:02 - May 21 with 1140 viewsgrumpy

Saints Need To Connect With Their Fans With Managerial Appointment on 18:35 - May 21 by Berber

I don’t think the owners or management for one minute think about making any concessions to what the fans want.

Watch for the empty seats to grow then....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024