Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets Announced 16:06 - May 26 with 9226 viewsHullDale

Season Tickets Announced on 08:30 - May 27 with 2670 viewsJames1980

Season Tickets Announced on 08:13 - May 27 by sooty_dale

I would agree that freezing the prices does represent good value (depending on what gets served up on the pitch!) so the club should be congratulated for that. I'm also pleased they've brought back some of the vouchers as a perk to getting a season card.

In terms of engaging new fans, the current strategy seems to be having very cheap season cards and hoping that will encourage new fans to buy one. The problem with that is that's it highly unlikely someone will go from not coming at all to committing to a whole season, regardless of us being comparatively cheaper. This is where the pay on the day pricing comes in. Committing to a season card happens when you are in the habit of coming to games. The current pricing structure is prohibitive of getting people in the habit of coming or trying it out. If we want to attract new fans these prices need to be lowered. This can be achieved whilst still ensuring value for those buying a season card.

Probably a terrible idea but how about if someone attends 2 or more games before the end of September they can purchase a season ticket for the difference between one and tickets purchased? Or something similar involving the your card?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Tickets Announced on 09:16 - May 27 with 2603 viewselectricblue

Why dont the club bring in a monthly payment plan spread over the season with a deposit of 10% or what people can afford...
Surely this will help people rather than coughing a lump sum as afterall we are a situation which the cost of living is affecting everybody....

First payment in July.....
Take the main stand ticket as an example it is Ā£310.
Minus 10% Ā£31 leave Ā£279.
Leaves 9 payments of Ā£31.

No need for to apply for a credit broker etc just do it by D/D into the club.
Surely the club take D/D payments..

This might bring in possible new supporters..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season Tickets Announced on 10:21 - May 27 with 2513 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets Announced on 09:16 - May 27 by electricblue

Why dont the club bring in a monthly payment plan spread over the season with a deposit of 10% or what people can afford...
Surely this will help people rather than coughing a lump sum as afterall we are a situation which the cost of living is affecting everybody....

First payment in July.....
Take the main stand ticket as an example it is Ā£310.
Minus 10% Ā£31 leave Ā£279.
Leaves 9 payments of Ā£31.

No need for to apply for a credit broker etc just do it by D/D into the club.
Surely the club take D/D payments..

This might bring in possible new supporters..

Bolton Wanderers season tickets are payable on direct debit, you could purchase an adult season ticket for Ā£299 in the early bird window. Compared with this time last year they have sold 2400 more season tickets to first time customers. In total they have already sold over 14000, they started promoting the early bird prices/ direct debit etc in February.

When you look at our home form over the last four or five years I don't think the season tickets have been good value, the product on the pitch has been terrible and the entertainment value has been non existent in most games. I don't see that changing with McNulty in charge. I think i saw a stat a few weeks ago that showed our home form over the last few years to be worse than any other club in the EFL. Unless there
is a concerted effort from those running the club to improve the product on the pitch then there is very little chance of increasing attendances. I don't detect a hunger to have us challenging in the right half of the table next season otherwise we might have heard something from the Chairman, in a effort to boost sales. You'd have to be flush to pay Ā£24 on the day to watch what i fear could be a team made up of academy players, managed by a fella who has already revealed his hand when it comes to the style of football he will be serving up.

It will be interesting to see the drop off in season ticket sales this summer, i don't agree with the notion that numbers will remain consistent, i hope I'm wrong though.
[Post edited 27 May 2023 11:20]
Season Tickets Announced on 10:52 - May 27 with 2457 viewsRodingdale

Dale mark has perfectly articulated my thoughts on this. A great illustration of brand dilution - a big no no for anyone with any marketing experience. The excuse itā€™s not aimed at new customers doesnā€™t stack up, emails get forwarded the launch has happened a damp squib. Iā€™ll buy a season ticket when thereā€™s something done by the board to improve the on and off the field match day offer. Reminding us about 1962 - oh dear oh dear..
[Post edited 27 May 2023 12:56]
Season Tickets Announced on 11:19 - May 27 with 2389 viewsDalenet

Season Tickets Announced on 10:21 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

Bolton Wanderers season tickets are payable on direct debit, you could purchase an adult season ticket for Ā£299 in the early bird window. Compared with this time last year they have sold 2400 more season tickets to first time customers. In total they have already sold over 14000, they started promoting the early bird prices/ direct debit etc in February.

When you look at our home form over the last four or five years I don't think the season tickets have been good value, the product on the pitch has been terrible and the entertainment value has been non existent in most games. I don't see that changing with McNulty in charge. I think i saw a stat a few weeks ago that showed our home form over the last few years to be worse than any other club in the EFL. Unless there
is a concerted effort from those running the club to improve the product on the pitch then there is very little chance of increasing attendances. I don't detect a hunger to have us challenging in the right half of the table next season otherwise we might have heard something from the Chairman, in a effort to boost sales. You'd have to be flush to pay Ā£24 on the day to watch what i fear could be a team made up of academy players, managed by a fella who has already revealed his hand when it comes to the style of football he will be serving up.

It will be interesting to see the drop off in season ticket sales this summer, i don't agree with the notion that numbers will remain consistent, i hope I'm wrong though.

I think there is a world of difference between Bolton, an ex Premier League team with a historic good following and one that has just had a decent season, and us. Could you imagine if the club sold season tickets by monthly direct debit, budgeted for that income, we lose 4 o 5 games and people cancel their direct debits. The threat of losing your seat in what is a 60% empty stadium doesn't exist. The club would be left with all of the costs and a much reduced income. A recipe for going pop.

If we want new fans we have to start with better on the day offers. Ā£24 for non league football is the biggest deterent.
Season Tickets Announced on 11:30 - May 27 with 2352 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets Announced on 11:19 - May 27 by Dalenet

I think there is a world of difference between Bolton, an ex Premier League team with a historic good following and one that has just had a decent season, and us. Could you imagine if the club sold season tickets by monthly direct debit, budgeted for that income, we lose 4 o 5 games and people cancel their direct debits. The threat of losing your seat in what is a 60% empty stadium doesn't exist. The club would be left with all of the costs and a much reduced income. A recipe for going pop.

If we want new fans we have to start with better on the day offers. Ā£24 for non league football is the biggest deterent.

We have to start with appointing the right managers who are all about winning football matches and playing attacking football. Instead we yet again go for somebody in the same mold as BBM because he did well in the interview and impressed...they used that excuse when they appointed Stockdale. If people are entertained they will come back and tell their family and friends.

We already know what we are going to get next season before a ball is kicked and i doubt it will be edge of the seat stuff. We had a chance to bring a manager in with new ideas and somebody who would ignite the fan base, instead we end up with a squad player as the manager who has been associated with failure at the club for years and years.
Season Tickets Announced on 12:01 - May 27 with 2281 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 11:30 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

We have to start with appointing the right managers who are all about winning football matches and playing attacking football. Instead we yet again go for somebody in the same mold as BBM because he did well in the interview and impressed...they used that excuse when they appointed Stockdale. If people are entertained they will come back and tell their family and friends.

We already know what we are going to get next season before a ball is kicked and i doubt it will be edge of the seat stuff. We had a chance to bring a manager in with new ideas and somebody who would ignite the fan base, instead we end up with a squad player as the manager who has been associated with failure at the club for years and years.

You're both right

Dalenet makes very pertinent points about Bolton, direct debits and pay-on-the-day but if our ST sales falter it won't be because of the way they're being marketed but due to the product on the pitch, and the likelihood of it remaining uninspiring

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Tickets Announced on 12:33 - May 27 with 2221 views442Dale

If away fans are sometimes going to be housed in the Pearl St, and paying the prices there, it would be interesting to know the reasoning behind keeping the Main Stand on the day price at Ā£24.

In fact, itā€™s going to be interesting to hear what the ā€œFurther initiatives to help grow the fan base will be announced over the summerā€ are and what the announced consultation with the Trust will look like and how their input and that of their members fits alongside these ā€œinitiativesā€.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets Announced on 14:25 - May 27 with 2103 viewsJames1980

I understand Michael Bay wasn't available to direct the promotional video What a depressing thread. My questions about recruitment were met with in part, and quite rightly. Time to get behind Jim and the team. There is seems to be a distinct lack of that sentiment on this thread.

Season Tickets Announced on 15:01 - May 27 with 2065 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets Announced on 14:25 - May 27 by James1980

I understand Michael Bay wasn't available to direct the promotional video What a depressing thread. My questions about recruitment were met with in part, and quite rightly. Time to get behind Jim and the team. There is seems to be a distinct lack of that sentiment on this thread.

A fair percentage of the fan base have seen the style of football we've played under McNulty during his two spells as caretaker manager and haven't been impressed with what they've seen, i'm one of them. The appointment would always divide the fans but the Chairman knew that when he gave him the job.

I'm expecting training ground football next season with us fielding quite a few academy players, our own and also loans from other clubs. I'm expecting us to be outmuscled and brushed aside in many games and probably be involved in a relegation fight. I think our posession stats will be decent though. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and either way I will support McNulty until his time is clearly up, if he comes good then we all win but I don't see it happening James. Some fans will though.
Season Tickets Announced on 15:21 - May 27 with 2032 views442Dale

Season Tickets Announced on 14:25 - May 27 by James1980

I think that most people are willing to support the team and the manager, itā€™s that for the moment thereā€™s a general feeling of malaise that has to be acknowledged and addressed.

We are not visibly moving forward, despite the willingness of supporters to do so.

Season Tickets Announced on 17:02 - May 27 with 1924 viewsJames1980

Season Tickets Announced on 15:01 - May 27 by TalkingSutty

A fair percentage of the fan base have seen the style of football we've played under McNulty during his two spells as caretaker manager and haven't been impressed with what they've seen, i'm one of them. The appointment would always divide the fans but the Chairman knew that when he gave him the job.

I'm expecting training ground football next season with us fielding quite a few academy players, our own and also loans from other clubs. I'm expecting us to be outmuscled and brushed aside in many games and probably be involved in a relegation fight. I think our posession stats will be decent though. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and either way I will support McNulty until his time is clearly up, if he comes good then we all win but I don't see it happening James. Some fans will though.

It seems that McNulty's time is already up though before we have kicked a ball in the national league.
I'm concerned that the expectation of doom will be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Season Tickets Announced on 17:26 - May 27 with 1882 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 17:02 - May 27 by James1980

It seems that McNulty's time is already up though before we have kicked a ball in the national league.

That's not right, James

He either gets results, or he doesn't. A significant upturn in home wins in particular (to something approaching average) would provide him with all the room he needs to develop his career

Or not

Season Tickets Announced on 17:35 - May 27 with 1870 viewsJames1980

Season Tickets Announced on 17:26 - May 27 by D_Alien

That's not right, James

He either gets results, or he doesn't. A significant upturn in home wins in particular (to something approaching average) would provide him with all the room he needs to develop his career

Or not

But there's this expectation of failure already. If we lose the first game, having had majority possession and a greater number of passes. Shouts of 'I told you so' will ring across the message board and social media.

Season Tickets Announced on 17:54 - May 27 with 1845 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 17:35 - May 27 by James1980

But there's this expectation of failure already. If we lose the first game, having had majority possession and a greater number of passes. Shouts of 'I told you so' will ring across the message board and social media.

He won't be judged on one game (Hill lost his first game)

What matters is whether the style of football he puts out contributes to the chances of our winning games or not. If NL teams find it easy to counter that style and he's unwilling or unable to change it, he'll find himself in the same position as Robbie Stockdale last season, giving the board a decision to make

The same could happen with a different choice of manager. The majority of fans are very realistic, with no great expectations other than to come away from the ground having been entertained, whatever the result - that's our history - but lose games with possession-based football and he's as dead as a dodo
[Post edited 27 May 2023 17:56]

Season Tickets Announced on 18:01 - May 27 with 1836 viewsRodingdale

Season Tickets Announced on 17:35 - May 27 by James1980

Thereā€™s a simple reason for the feeling of malaise James, itā€™s because the club continues to do what hasnā€™t worked before. If you do what you always did and expect a different result you are going to get what you always got. The match day offering James, is poor , on and off the pitch. A change of approach is required from the board, without it the slide will continue. Cheerleading the leadership vacuum isnā€™t going to help, it just gives the board a sense of self importance.
Season Tickets Announced on 19:01 - May 27 with 1763 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Tickets Announced on 17:02 - May 27 by James1980

That's because quite a lot of the fans didn't want McNulty as manager, they had seen enough under his tenure to tell them that he wasn't the right man. His interviews also tell you that and contrary to what some suggest he did state that he doesn't look at league tables. His time isn't up though, it's his job to lose.
Season Tickets Announced on 11:55 - May 29 with 1199 viewswatford_dale

Season Tickets Announced on 12:33 - May 27 by 442Dale

If away fans are sometimes going to be housed in the Pearl St, and paying the prices there, it would be interesting to know the reasoning behind keeping the Main Stand on the day price at Ā£24.

In fact, itā€™s going to be interesting to hear what the ā€œFurther initiatives to help grow the fan base will be announced over the summerā€ are and what the announced consultation with the Trust will look like and how their input and that of their members fits alongside these ā€œinitiativesā€.

The average matchday price amongst the NL ranged from Ā£18 - 22 for entrance this season, problem we have is we have nothing to sell it on apart from a new beginnings promise in a captain-less ship. We are drifting along hoping to end up back in the league whilst half of us are praying we don't hit the NL North iceberg .

Season ticket good value - Oldham charge about Ā£280 a season. Need to focus on trying to maintain the current attendances we have, which will be compounded with the projected downturn in away attendance due to size of clubs that will be visiting.
Season Tickets Announced on 12:21 - May 29 with 1152 viewsEllDale

To be fair there are some pretty small away attendances in League Two.
The likes of Crawley, Harrogate, Salford and Sutton donā€™t bring many with them.
Ok, so we wonā€™t be playing Bradford City or Stockport next year but if Oldham or Chesterfield are going well they could fill a large chunk of the Willbutts Stand and Halifax and York should both have reasonable followings.
Season Tickets Announced on 12:38 - May 29 with 1135 viewsdalemark

Its now nearly 72 hours since we launched the ST campaign - in that time there have only been 2 tweets (announcement & video), 2 FB posts (identical to twitter) and 1 story on the official site.

All of these are aimed at existing supporters - I haven't seen anything external, or anything since the initial announcement.

It'd be easy to question if the club are even bothered about (a) media output or (b) ticket sales.
Season Tickets Announced on 12:47 - May 29 with 1118 viewsTVOS1907

Season Tickets Announced on 12:38 - May 29 by dalemark

Its now nearly 72 hours since we launched the ST campaign - in that time there have only been 2 tweets (announcement & video), 2 FB posts (identical to twitter) and 1 story on the official site.

All of these are aimed at existing supporters - I haven't seen anything external, or anything since the initial announcement.

It'd be easy to question if the club are even bothered about (a) media output or (b) ticket sales.

While youā€™re 100% right, the focus this weekend seems to have been on this Joe Thompson charity game, plus the season cards arenā€™t on sale until next Monday.

Iā€™d expect a full marketing onslaught for the rest of this weekā€¦.

Maybe!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Tickets Announced on 12:52 - May 29 with 1106 views442Dale

Picked up tickets for the game this afternoon, was going to go in the club shop, itā€™s not open.

The last time a crowd will be at the ground before Oā€™Neills take over as kit suppliers would have been a good chance to promote and sell off the last of the Errea stock.

At the same time they could be promoting season tickets with leaflets to those attending, presuming some have been done for across the borough. Which we will see at the game.

Season Tickets Announced on 13:03 - May 29 with 1078 viewsTVOS1907

Season Tickets Announced on 12:52 - May 29 by 442Dale

Picked up tickets for the game this afternoon, was going to go in the club shop, itā€™s not open.

The last time a crowd will be at the ground before Oā€™Neills take over as kit suppliers would have been a good chance to promote and sell off the last of the Errea stock.

At the same time they could be promoting season tickets with leaflets to those attending, presuming some have been done for across the borough. Which we will see at the game.

Not to mention other things in there theyā€™ll struggle to shift now, such as all the TVOSs that werenā€™t sold.

Give them to kids in a bundle; it might just pique their interest. (Not about TVOS, but about the team and club in general).

Season Tickets Announced on 13:13 - May 29 with 1055 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 13:03 - May 29 by TVOS1907

Not to mention other things in there theyā€™ll struggle to shift now, such as all the TVOSs that werenā€™t sold.

Give them to kids in a bundle; it might just pique their interest. (Not about TVOS, but about the team and club in general).

What happens to an unused TVOS?

Season Tickets Announced on 13:42 - May 29 with 1032 viewsTVOS1907

Season Tickets Announced on 13:13 - May 29 by D_Alien

What happens to an unused TVOS?

Shredded, like wheat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024