Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Tickets Announced 16:06 - May 26 with 9026 viewsHullDale

Season Tickets Announced on 16:36 - May 26 with 5430 viewsDaleiLama

Bit more meat on the bone here

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/tickets/202324-season-cards/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Tickets Announced on 17:10 - May 26 with 5293 viewsdalemark

I really, really wanted to love this. I wanted it to be a fresh start, to show progress and forward thinking from the club with regards to off the pitch activities, and I wanted it to be a sign that the powers that be just 'get it'. Sadly, none of these have materialised.

Firstly, the positives:

- Prices not increased
- Seats for Schools is an attempt at engaging with potential younger fans
- Junior age bracket upped by 3 years should help keep the habit with existing younger fans

Everything else:

- The tone - its almost apologetic, accepting our fate, no fight. 'Here's what we had' rather than 'Here's what to look forward to'

- The colour scheme - it either looks like a Great Gatsby themed invite (carriages?) or an in memorium feature... if we are going above the line with advertising, what about black, gold & grey links in any way to Dale? Where is the branding? If this is on digital billboards, how is it obvious to POTENTIAL customers that its related to RAFC? Its absolutely aimed at existing card holders (& even for us its not great!) and in no way relates to 'Brand Rochdale' for potential new customers

- The timing - is this what we've been holding out for? Its weeks since the chairman said prices would remain the same... what has been the delay in getting this info out, and maybe then getting them on sale sooner. Other clubs have had cards on sale for weeks, sold decent amounts, and that has maybe helped them entice a better calibre of player earlier than they could otherwise have done

- The video - with all due respect to whoever made that, and came up with the theming, its something I'd expect from a media / cultures study student. Think back to last year - we had the slick video above Spotland, it was upbeat, it was blue, black and white. This is a media centre template fitted with clips lifted from Youtube and vlog background music that wouldn't be out of place on one of those features at the Baftas remembering actors who passed in the previous year. Does this video make you excited to go and part with Ā£200?

- The add ons / voucher booklet is a nice touch, but a missed opportunity. People on here, in private and social media have indicated they would pay more for their season ticket this year. If the planning and costing had gone in for that voucher booklet at existing price, why not offer the standard season card without it, or 'all of these extra benefits for only an extra Ā£25'. If 1,000 people went for it, that is Ā£25K in the coffers that we don't now have.

Its no secret that fans have been worried about off the field operations for a while, but this to me shows two things:

- The club is clearly lacking in commercial / marketing nous. There is no branding, no obvious association to the club, no uplifting message, no call to arms to buy in the video, no excitement. If you saw the black and gold main image on a digital billboard, a paper billboard, an online advert, what about it entices you to click or interact with it if you're not already a Dale fan?

- It feels again like marking your own homework. Somebody, somewhere came up with 'The Next Chapter' and ran with it. Hence the colour scheme, hence the tone, hence the 'this is your life' type video. I can't believe for a second that anybody challenged that decision to come up with something better.

The Trust held 3 really productive meetings with fans, all well attended and lots of great ideas and feedback shared. What, out of all that feedback, was used by the club to shape this campaign? Its beginning to feel like lip service is being paid to the trust and fans, whilst those at the club continue to do as they please as 'they see best'. This post will be viewed as critical, I'm sure, especially when we probably sell the same amount of season tickets as we always have and always will (even if the tickets for schools are included in that number), but there was a real chance this year to reset and do something different... do something positive.
Season Tickets Announced on 17:20 - May 26 with 5249 viewskel

The club have suddenly found my email address. Never get the newsletter emails people speak of but as soon as they want money they canā€™t wait to fire out information.
Season Tickets Announced on 17:37 - May 26 with 5184 viewsZac_B

Season Tickets Announced on 17:10 - May 26 by dalemark

I really, really wanted to love this. I wanted it to be a fresh start, to show progress and forward thinking from the club with regards to off the pitch activities, and I wanted it to be a sign that the powers that be just 'get it'. Sadly, none of these have materialised.

Firstly, the positives:

- Prices not increased
- Junior age bracket upped by 3 years should help keep the habit with existing younger fans

Everything else:

- The tone - its almost apologetic, accepting our fate, no fight. 'Here's what we had' rather than 'Here's what to look forward to'

- The colour scheme - it either looks like a Great Gatsby themed invite (carriages?) or an in memorium feature... if we are going above the line with advertising, what about black, gold & grey links in any way to Dale? Where is the branding? If this is on digital billboards, how is it obvious to POTENTIAL customers that its related to RAFC? Its absolutely aimed at existing card holders (& even for us its not great!) and in no way relates to 'Brand Rochdale' for potential new customers

- The timing - is this what we've been holding out for? Its weeks since the chairman said prices would remain the same... what has been the delay in getting this info out, and maybe then getting them on sale sooner. Other clubs have had cards on sale for weeks, sold decent amounts, and that has maybe helped them entice a better calibre of player earlier than they could otherwise have done

- The video - with all due respect to whoever made that, and came up with the theming, its something I'd expect from a media / cultures study student. Think back to last year - we had the slick video above Spotland, it was upbeat, it was blue, black and white. This is a media centre template fitted with clips lifted from Youtube and vlog background music that wouldn't be out of place on one of those features at the Baftas remembering actors who passed in the previous year. Does this video make you excited to go and part with Ā£200?

- The add ons / voucher booklet is a nice touch, but a missed opportunity. People on here, in private and social media have indicated they would pay more for their season ticket this year. If the planning and costing had gone in for that voucher booklet at existing price, why not offer the standard season card without it, or 'all of these extra benefits for only an extra Ā£25'. If 1,000 people went for it, that is Ā£25K in the coffers that we don't now have.

Its no secret that fans have been worried about off the field operations for a while, but this to me shows two things:

- The club is clearly lacking in commercial / marketing nous. There is no branding, no obvious association to the club, no uplifting message, no call to arms to buy in the video, no excitement. If you saw the black and gold main image on a digital billboard, a paper billboard, an online advert, what about it entices you to click or interact with it if you're not already a Dale fan?

- It feels again like marking your own homework. Somebody, somewhere came up with 'The Next Chapter' and ran with it. Hence the colour scheme, hence the tone, hence the 'this is your life' type video. I can't believe for a second that anybody challenged that decision to come up with something better.

The Trust held 3 really productive meetings with fans, all well attended and lots of great ideas and feedback shared. What, out of all that feedback, was used by the club to shape this campaign? Its beginning to feel like lip service is being paid to the trust and fans, whilst those at the club continue to do as they please as 'they see best'. This post will be viewed as critical, I'm sure, especially when we probably sell the same amount of season tickets as we always have and always will (even if the tickets for schools are included in that number), but there was a real chance this year to reset and do something different... do something positive.

My initial thoughts on the video, were that someone saw the Dale Alt Comms relegation video and thought 'that'll do'
Season Tickets Announced on 17:48 - May 26 with 5144 viewselectricblue

I received the email and started to read it and noticed the daft graphics etc..
Terrible looks like a 7yr as been on his parents laptop...

Missed opportunity to have a blue, black, white club colour theme and adding the associated club sponsors into it aswell...

Ok the message is season tickets the same as last season with a brucie bonus of vouchers.
Is the idea of the vouchers to bring in more season card sales....!

Not inspiring at all.....
[Post edited 26 May 2023 19:44]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season Tickets Announced on 17:52 - May 26 with 5130 viewsNewbury_Dale

Season Tickets Announced on 17:10 - May 26 by dalemark

Firstly, the positives:

- Prices not increased

Everything else:

Would you have been pleased with anything the club tried to do ?My reading of your post is that you wouldn't.
Season Tickets Announced on 17:56 - May 26 with 5114 viewsdalemark

Season Tickets Announced on 17:52 - May 26 by Newbury_Dale

Would you have been pleased with anything the club tried to do ?My reading of your post is that you wouldn't.

Yes.

Something upbeat, in club colours, that felt professionally produced, had a clear association to RAFC, gave a clear reason to buy (ie something to look forward to) and that considered innovative ways to drive additional revenue. Something that was clearly 'brand Rochdale', that would entice new customers rather than just rely on existing ones, and that showed some forward thinking.
Season Tickets Announced on 18:08 - May 26 with 5059 viewsBrierls

Season Tickets Announced on 17:52 - May 26 by Newbury_Dale

To be fair to dalemark, I feel the same way.

The message should have been ā€œthe cheapest ticket in the National League and National League Northā€ and ā€œwe understand money is hard to come by and weā€™ve kept the prices low because we value our fansā€. Instead we get a Downton Abbey production that is more school project than Dale specific.

Season ticket prices are too cheap but the club were in a poor situation as they couldnā€™t raise prices having just been relegated. What they didnā€™t need to do was offer the additional benefits for free. A tiered pricing was suggested on social media, though I appreciate this may have come too late to be included this season. But the club have screwed themselves over for next season cause now because theyā€™ve included most of what youā€™d expect in the second tier for an extra Ā£25 for example.

Iā€™ll be getting a season ticket, but thatā€™s due to my loyalty (and habit!) not the piss poor marketing and media from the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Tickets Announced on 18:25 - May 26 with 4997 viewsEllDale

Anyone else notice that buried among the detail was the news that season ticket holders in certain areas of the Pearl Street Stand will have to relocate to accommodate visiting supporters?
As Iā€™ve said before I would have paid an extra Ā£25 to enjoy all the fringe benefits but I suppose Iā€™m lucky enough to be able to say that.
Season Tickets Announced on 18:38 - May 26 with 4959 viewsjudd

Would it be an idea for those willing to pay Ā£25 for the extras to actually do so?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Tickets Announced on 18:50 - May 26 with 4916 viewsJames1980

Good to see prices haven't increased. I expect they would've got grief for being upbeat and positive as well to be fair. Look at the pelters Hartlepool got for trying to put a positive spin on going into non league. https://fanbanter.co.uk/fans-demand-for-hartlepool-to-delete-embarrassing-nation

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Tickets Announced on 18:55 - May 26 with 4892 viewsEllDale

Iā€™m more than happy to do so. Or make a donation to the club to the value of those benefits.
I havenā€™t added them up eg programme, free drink etc but Iā€™m sure someone could calculate the value.
Season Tickets Announced on 18:56 - May 26 with 4883 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 18:25 - May 26 by EllDale

Anyone else notice that buried among the detail was the news that season ticket holders in certain areas of the Pearl Street Stand will have to relocate to accommodate visiting supporters?
As Iā€™ve said before I would have paid an extra Ā£25 to enjoy all the fringe benefits but I suppose Iā€™m lucky enough to be able to say that.

Not exactly buried, but worth noting since that's sorted my strategy for next season

Wasn't going to renew due to wishing to alternate stands. It'll be mainly Pearl St but for those games where away fans are accommodated in there, i'll revert to the Sandy

Overall, no complaints

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Tickets Announced on 19:08 - May 26 with 4844 views442Dale

Two questions:

Did the club approach the Trust for a full breakdown of all the ideas from supporters after the meetings?

If not, did the Trust provide these to the club and what was taken on board with regards to season tickets?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Tickets Announced on 19:10 - May 26 with 4835 viewsjudd

Season Tickets Announced on 19:08 - May 26 by 442Dale

Two questions:

Did the club approach the Trust for a full breakdown of all the ideas from supporters after the meetings?

If not, did the Trust provide these to the club and what was taken on board with regards to season tickets?

That's 3 questions

Season Tickets Announced on 19:11 - May 26 with 4832 viewsDalenet

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. It does look a bit amateurish but it is aimed at the cohort of fans who are likely to buy in any case.

We knew that prices were to be frozen so given the club's costs etc they remain great value. Bit surprised that you only 5 days to buy your ticket if you want to keep your seat. That needs to be made much clearer so people who might be planning on being away don't miss out.

I think the club has missed a trick in keeping cash prices so high for non league. Who will pay Ā£24 on the day? Madness. But they must have evidence that I am wrong.
Season Tickets Announced on 19:12 - May 26 with 4831 viewsTrev

Cheap season tickets. If you want to pay more, pay more. Nice weather this weekend, enjoy it. Life's not that bad.
Season Tickets Announced on 19:13 - May 26 with 4826 viewsjudd

Season Tickets Announced on 19:08 - May 26 by 442Dale

Two questions:

Other things that were discussed including the season ticket launched that will happen soon which could be slightly delayed as the Club look at options proposed to them from within the fanbase over the past few days, and plans that the Club already have in place for next season at growing the fanbase that will be discussed further in the next few weeks

Season Tickets Announced on 19:16 - May 26 with 4809 viewsD_Alien

Season Tickets Announced on 19:10 - May 26 by judd

That's 3 questions

He's riled due to the colour scheme

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Tickets Announced on 20:01 - May 26 with 4653 views442Dale

Season Tickets Announced on 19:13 - May 26 by judd

Other things that were discussed including the season ticket launched that will happen soon which could be slightly delayed as the Club look at options proposed to them from within the fanbase over the past few days, and plans that the Club already have in place for next season at growing the fanbase that will be discussed further in the next few weeks

Yeah, thatā€™s what I meant. Which ideas were taken on from the Trust? There doesnā€™t seem to be any mention from the clubā€™s side about what work has been done and the results of this either with regards to the season cards or future plans.

One of the big things that came from the meetings was supporters being away of a structure where we could see action on ideas and questions. It has to be evident. Thatā€™s not to say it hasnā€™t happened here, but is it evident?

Season Tickets Announced on 20:29 - May 26 with 4570 viewsturnthescrew

Christ on a bleedin' bike. The club have offered us fantastic value season cards in the most difficult of circumstances when we've all had a very, very tough economic year.

They are to be applauded for that, and it can't have been easy to do.

I'm not faintly bothered about graphics, colours, fonts but I am concerned about value for money and thisisas good as anyone could expect.

Well done and thank you.
Season Tickets Announced on 20:33 - May 26 with 4564 viewsblackdogblue

Season Tickets Announced on 20:01 - May 26 by 442Dale

Yeah, thatā€™s what I meant. Which ideas were taken on from the Trust? There doesnā€™t seem to be any mention from the clubā€™s side about what work has been done and the results of this either with regards to the season cards or future plans.

One of the big things that came from the meetings was supporters being away of a structure where we could see action on ideas and questions. It has to be evident. Thatā€™s not to say it hasnā€™t happened here, but is it evident?

1. Same price as last year as a League Club
2. Last season was slightly cheaper than it was in League 1
3. Bringing back offers such as a shirt discount? Where has that been for a good few years? .. one example
4. No Dale Trust feedbackā€¦
5. No thanks
[Post edited 26 May 2023 20:34]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Season Tickets Announced on 20:40 - May 26 with 4541 views442Dale

Season Tickets Announced on 20:29 - May 26 by turnthescrew

Christ on a bleedin' bike. The club have offered us fantastic value season cards in the most difficult of circumstances when we've all had a very, very tough economic year.

I'm not faintly bothered about graphics, colours, fonts but I am concerned about value for money and thisisas good as anyone could expect.

Well done and thank you.

Value for money cannot be argued and the club are rightly receiving praise for that.

If keeping the current prices allows us to carry on moving forwards within a planned budget, not adding extra financial pressures whilst looking to grow the fanbase then itā€™s a great plan.

The other areas which raise questions, something the Trust as the largest shareholder have acknowledged as important and the club who are looking to reengage the fanbase will presumably welcome, are also valid because itā€™s about establishing visibile structures and progress on the aims of both organisations. All to the benefit of the football club
[Post edited 26 May 2023 20:44]

Season Tickets Announced on 06:05 - May 27 with 4139 viewsfrenzied

Season Tickets Announced on 20:29 - May 26 by turnthescrew

Well done and thank you.

ditto.....
Season Tickets Announced on 08:13 - May 27 with 4036 viewssooty_dale

I would agree that freezing the prices does represent good value (depending on what gets served up on the pitch!) so the club should be congratulated for that. I'm also pleased they've brought back some of the vouchers as a perk to getting a season card.

In terms of engaging new fans, the current strategy seems to be having very cheap season cards and hoping that will encourage new fans to buy one. The problem with that is that's it highly unlikely someone will go from not coming at all to committing to a whole season, regardless of us being comparatively cheaper. This is where the pay on the day pricing comes in. Committing to a season card happens when you are in the habit of coming to games. The current pricing structure is prohibitive of getting people in the habit of coming or trying it out. If we want to attract new fans these prices need to be lowered. This can be achieved whilst still ensuring value for those buying a season card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024