Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? 11:05 - Jun 8 with 10810 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60323/mullarkey-set-to-join

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 11:45 - Jun 8 with 6404 viewsSuddenLad

Massive loss. He knows the NL better than any other player we have. Can only hope a replacement is already lined up, of equal ability. TM was one of the few players who showed he was up for a challenge. I wish him well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:04 - Jun 8 with 6348 views49thseason

Hope we are getting our money back (that we probably owe Blackburn) and are making some sort of profit to cover his wages. For the sake of just 12 games its hard to say its a loss but it means finding a replacement hopefully with similat comittment and energy. Over to you Mr McNulty.....
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:07 - Jun 8 with 6349 viewsChaffRAFC

McNulty didn't select him, think he played once after Bentley was sacked. I suspect he wasn't in McNulty's plans anyway and he may have had a relegation release clause allowing him to move on.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 6225 viewsmikehunt

Yeah but we thought that was due to injuries. He was one of my big hopes for a half-decent team.
Who’s next to go I wonder.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 6225 viewsTalkingSutty

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:07 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

McNulty didn't select him, think he played once after Bentley was sacked. I suspect he wasn't in McNulty's plans anyway and he may have had a relegation release clause allowing him to move on.

Criminal if that's the case, yet another example of us not picking our strongest team. The clubs a joke at the moment. If any other manager had done what you are suggesting there would be all hell to play. If managers are playing a deliberately weakened team when we still have a chace of avoiding relegation the fans should be refunded a portion of their entrance fee, we had all this with Brierley. Instead McNulty is rewarded with a two year contract.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 19:37]
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 6223 viewssxdale

Not particularly happy about this news as his signing seemed to be the most positive thing in an otherwise awful season and probably would have been one of the better players in this new division however not surprised either.
Really need some good news out of the club very soon I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find any enthusiasm for the coming season.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:57 - Jun 8 with 6110 viewsNorthernDale

We are running out of saleable assets, I would say we have Odoh and Rodney, of the two, I would rather keep Rodney and let Odoh go.

It would be nice, if we had an update on recruitment from the board, whats happening with Lloyd, Graham, Kelly and Keohane are the signing or not for example.

But if Mullarkey is going to Grimsby, good luck to him.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 13:08 - Jun 8 with 6044 viewsSuddenLad

Pretty certain you can forget Lloyd. He'll get offers from EFL clubs and who'd blame him for going?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 13:26 - Jun 8 with 5944 viewsHullDale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 13:08 - Jun 8 by SuddenLad

Pretty certain you can forget Lloyd. He'll get offers from EFL clubs and who'd blame him for going?

I thought it was telling that, as soon as the 1st June came, Lloyd's social media bios removed any reference to RAFC. Think its safe to say he won't be here next season.

If, as expected, Mullarkey goes today, this is our current squad:

GK Richard O'Donnell - Summer 2024
GK Brad Kelly - Summer 2024

CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024

CM James Ball - Summer 2024
CAM/CF Tyrese Sinclair - Summer 2024
AM Abraham Odoh - Summer 2024

CF Tahvon Campbell - Summer 2024
CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024
CF Ian Henderson - Summer 2024
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:31 - Jun 8 with 5720 viewsHopwoodblue

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:37 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

Criminal if that's the case, yet another example of us not picking our strongest team. The clubs a joke at the moment. If any other manager had done what you are suggesting there would be all hell to play. If managers are playing a deliberately weakened team when we still have a chace of avoiding relegation the fans should be refunded a portion of their entrance fee, we had all this with Brierley. Instead McNulty is rewarded with a two year contract.

Think it’s getting way beyond being a joke now TS.
In the past we had BOD’s (not counting the one before this one)
who run the club off raw passion and made decisions based on the heart.
We are now run by bean counters and I for one have long ago stopped believing
RAFC is their passion, it’s just an unwanted job the mistakenly agreed to do.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:37 - Jun 8 with 5681 viewsD_Alien

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:31 - Jun 8 by Hopwoodblue

I think there's pretty much a consensus starting to form around that, hwb

That certainly doesn't warrant the abuse they're getting, but the question is this:

What the hell do we do about it??

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 5665 viewselectricblue

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:31 - Jun 8 by Hopwoodblue

I cannot see the BoD leaving any of their positions unless.
Their shares are bkught at what they paid for them
Or
They are voted off.

But like somebody said in another post, who then takes over.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:47 - Jun 8 with 5642 viewsChaffRAFC

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 12:37 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

All a matter of opinion isn't it.

And if, as rumoured, Mullarkey had a release clause then we were powerless anyway. For what it's worth, I thought he started well but beyond that, did ok in a really poor team. I don't think we'd miss him massively but again, all down to opinions.

People have to start to realise where we are. We've got down to non-league, our contracted players who might be able to offer something are going to be snatched. We have done it before with Akpa-Akpro and Widdowson at Grimsby, Lancashire and Vincenti at Aldershot etc.

Would he have made a difference to the outcome? Not at all. he started one game under McNulty which we lost 3-0 and came on with 5 minutes left in a 4-2 win over Walsall. In the other games we fared better than when he was in the team.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:03 - Jun 8 with 5587 viewsBrierls

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:47 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

All a matter of opinion isn't it.

And if, as rumoured, Mullarkey had a release clause then we were powerless anyway. For what it's worth, I thought he started well but beyond that, did ok in a really poor team. I don't think we'd miss him massively but again, all down to opinions.

People have to start to realise where we are. We've got down to non-league, our contracted players who might be able to offer something are going to be snatched. We have done it before with Akpa-Akpro and Widdowson at Grimsby, Lancashire and Vincenti at Aldershot etc.

Would he have made a difference to the outcome? Not at all. he started one game under McNulty which we lost 3-0 and came on with 5 minutes left in a 4-2 win over Walsall. In the other games we fared better than when he was in the team.

"People have to start to realise where we are. We've got down to non-league, our contracted players who might be able to offer something are going to be snatched. We have done it before with Akpa-Akpro and Widdowson at Grimsby, Lancashire and Vincenti at Aldershot etc."

Read that, people. Then read it again!

Re Mullarkey. If he wasn't starting ahead of Keohane, who himself was carrying an injury, then there's something that McNulty didn't like. That rings alarm bells on McNulty, not Mullarkey. Would I rather have Mullarkey here and playing? Absolutely. He's one of very few in the squad that know what this league is about.

But as Chaff said, that doesn't matter anyway if he's got a relegation/release clause. For those who think there shouldn't be a clause, that's probably the only reason we were able to sign him due to the league position we were in. I suspect the clause would allow Mullarkey to speak to a league club and the fee would be the same or more than what we paid in January.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:23 - Jun 8 with 5525 viewsPorlicks

Isn't it time to sell the ground and go somewhere else?

It's much too big for us
It's in a poor location
Other than muddy relegation deciders, there isn't much history
It seems to be surrounded by cemetaries

Who are YOU with?

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:30 - Jun 8 with 5470 viewsD_Alien

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:23 - Jun 8 by Porlicks

It's much too big for us
It's in a poor location

Going off recent events, i've a sneaking suspicion that's what RMBC would like us to do

Somewhere like Kingsway might suit them, and whilst i wouldn't have entertained the idea even two or three years ago, now it does need to be given some consideration

I don't agree with your point about history at all, but the world has changed beyond what might've been imagined before the internet, and that process isn't going to stand still for our benefit

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:41 - Jun 8 with 5421 viewsJames1980

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:30 - Jun 8 by D_Alien

Going off recent events, i've a sneaking suspicion that's what RMBC would like us to do

Somewhere like Kingsway might suit them, and whilst i wouldn't have entertained the idea even two or three years ago, now it does need to be given some consideration

I don't agree with your point about history at all, but the world has changed beyond what might've been imagined before the internet, and that process isn't going to stand still for our benefit

I was told that the town/area plan includes provision for a sports stadium on the outskirts of town.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:45 - Jun 8 with 5392 views49thseason

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:23 - Jun 8 by Porlicks

It's much too big for us
It's in a poor location

I for one would say yes, Kingsway would be ideal , easy from the Motorway, lots of weekend and evening parking and away from the complaints of local residents. It would signal the end of an era and the start of a new one, ... none of this "New Chapter" BS. the thing is we would need the new stadium before we quit the old one .. financially tricky I imagine
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 16:03 - Jun 8 with 5320 viewssurb_dale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:45 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

I for one would say yes, Kingsway would be ideal , easy from the Motorway, lots of weekend and evening parking and away from the complaints of local residents. It would signal the end of an era and the start of a new one, ... none of this "New Chapter" BS. the thing is we would need the new stadium before we quit the old one .. financially tricky I imagine

A ground holding around 6k with a decent home terrace at one end and fully enclosed at all corners a bit like Wimbledon would be good. Now were in non league we could also install a 4G pitch that can be rented out on non matchdays to maximise use and revenue of the facility. Or is that showing a lack of faith that we'll bounce back to the Efl quickly! If we could also include some surrounding 5 a side pitches and have a decent bar or two similar to a Goals type facility then it could be a decent income earner and a community facility.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 16:07 - Jun 8 with 5295 viewsPorlicks

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:45 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

A multi-sport arena with adjoining facilities/retail/entertainment really isn't much more of a risk than doing nothing.

Who are YOU with?

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:17 - Jun 8 with 5021 viewssxdale

I would not like to see us move. I would hate to see us in some souless breeze block stadium in an industrial estate like Chester.
As long as we didn't go for the cheapest option and if we managed something with a bit of architectural merit, Dartford is a great example then I suppose I could be persuaded. We could also have decent training facilities.
Maybe even hold events without local councillors feeling the need to throw a spanner in the works for a couple of extra votes.
Better transport links to/from the motorway and metrolink stop nearby would also be beneficial.
Looks like I've convinced myself it could be good for us but like all these things, the devil is in the detail and the budget.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:49 - Jun 8 with 4894 views49thseason

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 16:07 - Jun 8 by Porlicks

A multi-sport arena with adjoining facilities/retail/entertainment really isn't much more of a risk than doing nothing.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for it especially if RMBC was onboard. I have had thoughts about getting Crown Oil to build a filling station / truck stop, a Hilton hotel and a training facility. I can also envisage a facility that could be used for concerts and conferences / exhibitions like the NEC, ( unfortunately I can't imagine that anyone on the council has any idea how many jobs and how much money an exhibition hall, concert venue, football ground etc. could add to the local economy).
Its not just the Football Club that needs a reset, our politicians need one too.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:54 - Jun 8 with 4861 viewsHullDale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:49 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for it especially if RMBC was onboard. I have had thoughts about getting Crown Oil to build a filling station / truck stop, a Hilton hotel and a training facility. I can also envisage a facility that could be used for concerts and conferences / exhibitions like the NEC, ( unfortunately I can't imagine that anyone on the council has any idea how many jobs and how much money an exhibition hall, concert venue, football ground etc. could add to the local economy).
Its not just the Football Club that needs a reset, our politicians need one too.

I drove past one of the Crown Oil offices last week, & noticed they have a new brand - "Crown Power".

They have a more modern logo than their oil counterpart, and they seem to focus on gas / power sources other than just oil.

If we are looking at any new infrastructure (be it stadium, training ground, retail unit) then it would be a great opportunity for them to get their new brand all over it - especially as I believe we already have a relationship with CO until 2026.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:01 - Jun 8 with 4810 views49thseason

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:54 - Jun 8 by HullDale

I drove past one of the Crown Oil offices last week, & noticed they have a new brand - "Crown Power".

They have a more modern logo than their oil counterpart, and they seem to focus on gas / power sources other than just oil.

If we are looking at any new infrastructure (be it stadium, training ground, retail unit) then it would be a great opportunity for them to get their new brand all over it - especially as I believe we already have a relationship with CO until 2026.

Haven't they also developed a " green" diesel fuel too?
Just checked... saves 90% of emissions
"Crown Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil fuel is available for delivery across the UK within 48 hours of order. We also offer flexible trial packages which include a sustainable fuel station loan. Call us on 0330 107 1452 to discuss the various options available."
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:11 - Jun 8 with 4755 viewsHullDale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:01 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

Haven't they also developed a " green" diesel fuel too?
Just checked... saves 90% of emissions
"Crown Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil fuel is available for delivery across the UK within 48 hours of order. We also offer flexible trial packages which include a sustainable fuel station loan. Call us on 0330 107 1452 to discuss the various options available."

There would definitely be something in working with Crown Oil / Crown Power (if they wanted to) for any infrastructure projects.

'Green' is the in thing at the minute - if we were to move to a new stadium or training facility, the development and running of it being at least carbon neutral would be a huge win. I wouldn't be surprised if there were substantial grants available for that kind of project too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024