Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? 11:05 - Jun 8 with 10925 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/60323/mullarkey-set-to-join

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:34 - Jun 8 with 3282 views49thseason

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:11 - Jun 8 by HullDale

There would definitely be something in working with Crown Oil / Crown Power (if they wanted to) for any infrastructure projects.

'Green' is the in thing at the minute - if we were to move to a new stadium or training facility, the development and running of it being at least carbon neutral would be a huge win. I wouldn't be surprised if there were substantial grants available for that kind of project too.

I wonder if any of the Directors have made it their business to visit the main sponsors or to go and chat with other large companies / employers in the area? Zen, the new Amazon depot, JD sports, Hopwood Hall, Coates, McBrides, JW Lees, Takeuchi, C R Lawrence, British Vita, UK Car Group.........
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:12 - Jun 8 with 3176 viewsJames1980

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:34 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

I wonder if any of the Directors have made it their business to visit the main sponsors or to go and chat with other large companies / employers in the area? Zen, the new Amazon depot, JD sports, Hopwood Hall, Coates, McBrides, JW Lees, Takeuchi, C R Lawrence, British Vita, UK Car Group.........

Do the club still have a relationship with Zen considering they were the sponsor of the Sandy for a few seasons.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:23 - Jun 8 with 3168 viewsThreeLions

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 15:45 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

I for one would say yes, Kingsway would be ideal , easy from the Motorway, lots of weekend and evening parking and away from the complaints of local residents. It would signal the end of an era and the start of a new one, ... none of this "New Chapter" BS. the thing is we would need the new stadium before we quit the old one .. financially tricky I imagine

They will need to be quick if they want to build on there as most of it has been built on now. Think there's a few plots near the metro link station left which wouldn't be a bad idea
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:46 - Jun 8 with 3097 viewsTalkingSutty

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:47 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

All a matter of opinion isn't it.

And if, as rumoured, Mullarkey had a release clause then we were powerless anyway. For what it's worth, I thought he started well but beyond that, did ok in a really poor team. I don't think we'd miss him massively but again, all down to opinions.

People have to start to realise where we are. We've got down to non-league, our contracted players who might be able to offer something are going to be snatched. We have done it before with Akpa-Akpro and Widdowson at Grimsby, Lancashire and Vincenti at Aldershot etc.

Would he have made a difference to the outcome? Not at all. he started one game under McNulty which we lost 3-0 and came on with 5 minutes left in a 4-2 win over Walsall. In the other games we fared better than when he was in the team.

Disagree completely and your lack of ambition and acceptance of the situation is endemic throughout the club. Malarkey was our best defender and your reference to release clauses are making a excuse for Mc'Nultys decision not to play him. What's a release clause got to do with it when you still have a chance of avoiding relegation?
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:57 - Jun 8 with 3076 viewsSaxonDale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:46 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

Disagree completely and your lack of ambition and acceptance of the situation is endemic throughout the club. Malarkey was our best defender and your reference to release clauses are making a excuse for Mc'Nultys decision not to play him. What's a release clause got to do with it when you still have a chance of avoiding relegation?

McNulty’s decisions not to play him were based largely on him being injured or not fully-fit! He picked up an injury in the Crawley game before Jim took over and then mentioned again as injured for the Stockport game.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/report_crawleytownaway_250323/

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/report_stockportcountyaway_220423/
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:02 - Jun 8 with 3044 viewsJames1980

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 19:46 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

As has been said Mullarkey had been injured. Considering the miracle it was going to take to keep us up I can understand McNulty not wanting to take the risk with him.

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:38 - Jun 8 with 2959 viewsTalkingSutty

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:02 - Jun 8 by James1980

As has been said Mullarkey had been injured. Considering the miracle it was going to take to keep us up I can understand McNulty not wanting to take the risk with him.

It wasnt suggested he was injured. To suggest that Mularkey wasn't the best defender in the club is not knowing football properly, it was obvious. I get the impression that the love in with McNulty will reflect the one we saw with BBM, he should have been sacked after the Stockport cup game but still had his backers until he relegated us. Sometimes the obvious is staring you in the face, Mularkey and BBM are two good examples of that. I suspect Mc Nulty will be the same because I've seen the evidence, that's what I'm judging him on and I'm not alone in that. He's played for the club and is a nice chap and for some that clouds their judgement, it's the same with the clamour to sign ex players.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 20:40]
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:50 - Jun 8 with 2899 viewsTVOS1907

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:38 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

It wasnt suggested he was injured. To suggest that Mularkey wasn't the best defender in the club is not knowing football properly, it was obvious. I get the impression that the love in with McNulty will reflect the one we saw with BBM, he should have been sacked after the Stockport cup game but still had his backers until he relegated us. Sometimes the obvious is staring you in the face, Mularkey and BBM are two good examples of that. I suspect Mc Nulty will be the same because I've seen the evidence, that's what I'm judging him on and I'm not alone in that. He's played for the club and is a nice chap and for some that clouds their judgement, it's the same with the clamour to sign ex players.

Mullarkey was injured. McNulty mentioned it in an interview (Possibly the Stockport preview?). Also, at that Stockport game, Mullarkey was stood on the touchline wearing one of those big plastic boot things.

The AFC Wimbledon match was the only one before the injury when McNulty didn't have Mullarkey in the matchday squad.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:02 - Jun 8 with 2852 viewsD_Alien

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 20:50 - Jun 8 by TVOS1907

Mullarkey was injured. McNulty mentioned it in an interview (Possibly the Stockport preview?). Also, at that Stockport game, Mullarkey was stood on the touchline wearing one of those big plastic boot things.

The AFC Wimbledon match was the only one before the injury when McNulty didn't have Mullarkey in the matchday squad.

He could still have done a job at Stockport wearing the plastic boot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:10 - Jun 8 with 2810 viewsTVOS1907

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:02 - Jun 8 by D_Alien

He could still have done a job at Stockport wearing the plastic boot

So could me and thee!

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:38 - Jun 8 with 2750 viewsJames1980

But considering Crawley's win against Hartlepool we would have got relegated the day of Stockport game anyway.
Nothing about a love in for the manager just thinking that not rushing back a player who had been injured was the correct and sensible decision. Any buyout clause would have been agreed before JM became interim manager, TM might not have signed without a reasonable buyout clause in place, considering he signed when were neck deep in a relegation battle.

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:38 - Jun 8 with 2753 viewsD_Alien

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:10 - Jun 8 by TVOS1907

So could me and thee!

In fact, put 442 on the left and you've got a secure defence

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:57 - Jun 8 with 2693 viewsNorthernDale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:38 - Jun 8 by James1980

But considering Crawley's win against Hartlepool we would have got relegated the day of Stockport game anyway.
Nothing about a love in for the manager just thinking that not rushing back a player who had been injured was the correct and sensible decision. Any buyout clause would have been agreed before JM became interim manager, TM might not have signed without a reasonable buyout clause in place, considering he signed when were neck deep in a relegation battle.

Lets hope that there is no one else with a buy out clause in their contracts.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:09 - Jun 8 with 2669 viewsJames1980

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 21:57 - Jun 8 by NorthernDale

Lets hope that there is no one else with a buy out clause in their contracts.

Are you seriously having a dig about buyout clauses. Christ the board deserve some of the criticism levelled at them but for buyout clauses in player contracts

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:32 - Jun 8 with 2618 viewsEllDale

Tyrese Sinclair has been at some sort of training camp in Marbella run by a chap called Sam Carrillo who describes himself as a FIFA agent according to his Twitter account.
He certainly looks fit and full of running but is he after a move as well?
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:39 - Jun 8 with 2599 viewsfermin

I thought Mullarkey missed the game at Wimbledon as part of concussion protocol after the Crawley game. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/report_afcwimbledonaway_010423/
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:48 - Jun 8 with 2563 viewsDalliance

I did wonder about this and whether a stadium build would be a chance to showcase innovation that the Advanced Manufacturing and Productivity Institute in Rochdale is involved with.

Got to be honest though, what I know about manufacturing and the institute would fit on the back of a postage stamp. Could be the wrong type of making 😁
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 23:18 - Jun 8 with 2503 viewsTVOS1907

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:39 - Jun 8 by fermin

I thought Mullarkey missed the game at Wimbledon as part of concussion protocol after the Crawley game. https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/report_afcwimbledonaway_010423/

He did, so he wasn't in the matchday squad!

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 00:02 - Jun 9 with 2459 views49thseason

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 22:48 - Jun 8 by Dalliance

I did wonder about this and whether a stadium build would be a chance to showcase innovation that the Advanced Manufacturing and Productivity Institute in Rochdale is involved with.

Got to be honest though, what I know about manufacturing and the institute would fit on the back of a postage stamp. Could be the wrong type of making 😁

There are lots of initial trials taking place using graphene impregnated concrete. Apparently it requires about 30% less concrete and needs no rebar. It allows all sorts of impossible shapes to be 3D printed .A "concretene" floor can be ready for use within 24 hours of laying as it dries much more quickly. So I guess it is possible to print the components on site and just crane them into position... quicker , less concrete, no rebar needed therefore greener.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concretene
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 00:31 - Jun 9 with 2455 viewssxdale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 00:02 - Jun 9 by 49thseason

There are lots of initial trials taking place using graphene impregnated concrete. Apparently it requires about 30% less concrete and needs no rebar. It allows all sorts of impossible shapes to be 3D printed .A "concretene" floor can be ready for use within 24 hours of laying as it dries much more quickly. So I guess it is possible to print the components on site and just crane them into position... quicker , less concrete, no rebar needed therefore greener.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concretene

Or just use timber like Dartford. Total cost £7m including training pitches took a year to build opened in 2006.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 07:16 - Jun 9 with 2343 viewsTalkingSutty

I was responding to Chaffs original post which seemed to suggest that McNulty didn't fancy Mularkey, he didn't mention him being injured. Maybe i interpreted his post wrongly. The suggestion that we were a better team without him in the side is one that i have disputed, he was easily the best defender in the club from what i witnessed. Anyway, as Chaff alluded to it's all about opinions and disagreement is what keeps forums and discussions alive. Long may they continue.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2023 7:20]
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:55 - Jun 9 with 2045 viewsDaleiLama

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 00:31 - Jun 9 by sxdale

Or just use timber like Dartford. Total cost £7m including training pitches took a year to build opened in 2006.

If only we knew somewhere we could get a good deal on timber?

RAFC Sponsors:

Industry
Building Merchants

Website
https://www.castletontimber.com/

Bio
We Sponsor the Willbuts Lane Stand at Rochdale AFC

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:02 - Jun 12 with 1736 viewsAtThePeake

I really don't think there's a 'love-in' TS, I just think a lot of fans are willing to at least give him a proper chance before deciding he isn't up to the task, rather than considering 10 games with a squad that isn't his own that was 10 points adrift at the bottom of the table when he took over as a proper chance. Especially when the results given those obvious limitations were actually not bad.

I think you're unfair with the Stockport assessment too. We were 16th at the time, had lost just one in five and had put in a couple of very decent performances in the weeks before that game, especially the 2-2 draw with Sunderland. Sacking him after that Stockport game would've been very harsh and a knee-jerk reaction. We absolutely should've sacked him a month or two later and given ourselves a fighting chance of escaping relegation though - just in case you think I was one of his backers until he relegated us.

Tangled up in blue.

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 17:45 - Jun 12 with 1459 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 18:34 - Jun 8 by 49thseason

You can add Naylors to that list......(good match day parking if you are cheeky)...started off as a single fronted shop on Edenfield Road Cutgate, now "in bed" with Go Outdoors I think as they boast 17 outlets nationwide so I read today.
Mullarkey Set To Join Grimsby Town? on 14:33 - Jun 13 with 1090 viewsjonahwhereru

I think the ‘have it in brigade’ far outnumber the give him a chance crew as far as McNulty’s appointment is concerned. Let’s be honest the majority of the fan base didn’t want him to be appointed. If we are not in the top six after 6 games there will be calls to replace him in some quarters and open revolt in others. I really think this is a poison chalice and while I didn’t want the club to appoint him now he is there he will have my support until December provided we are not in the bottom 6.
But I really hope that he ‘sticks it’ to his detractors and assembles a side that competes for promotion. For the record I really don’t care if we have a side that passes teams of the park and produces an end product, or make John Beck look like Pep, as long as we can be competitive in this first season in the NL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024