Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news coming out of the club? 17:57 - Jun 15 with 56560 viewsGloucs_R

No I don't know what it is but the Twitterarti all seem to be getting very excited.

Anyone know anything??
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 17:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:20 - Jun 16 with 3382 viewsHooping_Mad

So we won't be seeing a batch of Columbian starlets arrive?

Colour me blue.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:21 - Jun 16 with 3358 viewsCateLeBonR

"I really hope the club have someone lined up to replace him"

Hopefully not Mark Hateley this time!

Cheers Les and all the best.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:23 - Jun 16 with 3286 viewsSakura

This is brilliant news!!! Very much worth celebrating as we can head into a new training ground and a new start with competent people in charge

Owners need to ensure whoever assumes the responsibilities of a DOF are competent. Then after that they step away. Pay the bills and have no more input

It's the DOF who defines and shapes the structure of the club. Les should have been sacked when he appointed Ramsey as manager for all the wrong reasons in which was a vital season for us.

He ends his tenure as a failure. No argument about that as last seasons mess is what he left us with

I wonder now will it be Warburton after he with a big coincidence left yesterday. But him and GA are so different

Could be that we save the £250k salary and GA assumes those responsibilities. Will see

Either way Les was crap and I am glad he is gone. Great player bad administrator
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:24]
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:24 - Jun 16 with 3300 viewsMonkey_Roots

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:12 - Jun 16 by daveB

will be interesting to find out did he walk or was it a club choice to change direction. Timing of it would suggest he has walked but who knows

Whether people think he did a good job or not he's a club legend who deserves far more respect than he gets

A playing legend, and it shouldn’t diminish his reputation in that sense.

How great would it have been if it worked out?

Sadly though, he has overseen a bit of a shambles, and had to to go.

I wonder what the knock on effect will be regarding coaches, strategy etc?
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:27 - Jun 16 with 3237 viewsJordanFoster

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:23 - Jun 16 by Sakura

This is brilliant news!!! Very much worth celebrating as we can head into a new training ground and a new start with competent people in charge

Owners need to ensure whoever assumes the responsibilities of a DOF are competent. Then after that they step away. Pay the bills and have no more input

It's the DOF who defines and shapes the structure of the club. Les should have been sacked when he appointed Ramsey as manager for all the wrong reasons in which was a vital season for us.

He ends his tenure as a failure. No argument about that as last seasons mess is what he left us with

I wonder now will it be Warburton after he with a big coincidence left yesterday. But him and GA are so different

Could be that we save the £250k salary and GA assumes those responsibilities. Will see

Either way Les was crap and I am glad he is gone. Great player bad administrator
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:24]

You almost must be a parody at this point.

You crucify and want explanation/rationale to anyone that has slightly a different opinion to yourself on nearly every topic yet are doing the exact opposite here.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:27 - Jun 16 with 3234 viewsTK1

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:13 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nothing to be celebrated IMO.

We’ll be here again soon enough.

Totally agree. Feel surprisingly sad about it, compounded by looking at twitter for two minutes and reading all the comments celebrating as if we've just received £10 million quid investment, rather than remove the only layer of upper management who a) knew football, b) understood the club, c) commanded external respect, d) is in any way qualified for his position. People forget what he took over. I dread to think where we'd be at this point without his appointment.

So, for now the club's absent chairman, absent board, and seemingly perpetually exhausted CEO are the only contact for a manager who appears as at odds with what's gone before as any in the club's history, who wants to rip everything up and build a new club in his image. Usually goes well.

What the club does next is about the biggest decision they've had to make: they've not had a great track record at big calls since 2012. But as usual, as they ALWAYS can be relied on to do, they've given the loudest fan voices exactly what they want to relieve the heat. Let's see what they do next.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:31 - Jun 16 with 3128 viewsdmm

There will be another 'evil Les' soon enough on whom to blame the club's misadventures. It's what we do.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:34 - Jun 16 with 3061 viewsGaryBannister86

I don't have a problem with Les being pushed or leaving but the first response I see on Twitter is "finally he is out of our club".

That sort of response makes me sick. Stupid child. He is a legend, whatever, and deserves respect. He's a league ahead of the rubbish you probably idolise like Bircham, Furlong, whoever.

Must be an age thing.
Login to get fewer ads

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:35 - Jun 16 with 3039 viewsParkRoyalR

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:12 - Jun 16 by daveB

will be interesting to find out did he walk or was it a club choice to change direction. Timing of it would suggest he has walked but who knows

Whether people think he did a good job or not he's a club legend who deserves far more respect than he gets

With official launch of new training ground being next Wednesday, timing all very odd.

Wish Les no ill will, local lad done good and always friendly.

However with owners being sons of wealthy fathers we really needed someone with a much wider skillset and range of experiences than Les in this role.

Hoping rumours are right in that the owners have wised up to the self publicists within our Academy set-up and have realised they backed the wrong side in the fall-out with Warburton.

I'm really hoping it's Warburton as our new DoF.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:38 - Jun 16 with 2938 viewsderbyhoop

Reported by WLS but not on any of the official channels?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:39 - Jun 16 with 2918 viewsSakura

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:27 - Jun 16 by JordanFoster

You crucify and want explanation/rationale to anyone that has slightly a different opinion to yourself on nearly every topic yet are doing the exact opposite here.

What rationale / explanation have I explained here that you don’t agree with want to challenge?

Les was rubbish. People talk about what he came into as an excuse but overlook the mess he left us in

They also overlook how important our first season post relegation was to get promoted and he gave the job to Ramsey who was massively under qualified

No doubt he was an all time great player for us but he has ultimately failed here as a DOF

You are the parody as you moan without any explanation. Just want people to go with your narrative
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:40]
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:39 - Jun 16 with 2924 viewsngbqpr

Everything about this saddens me.

That it didn't work.
Why it didn't work.
That another 24 carat club legend's rep is sullied.
The reaction from a type of fan I just don't understand.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:40 - Jun 16 with 2906 viewsStrawberryHillR

Les has committed a large chunk of his life to representing QPR, and whilst I'm sure he's done well personally out of it, he was a legend on the pitch and has helped steer the club through difficult times in his current role.

I hope the next DoF off the rank is an improvement, but then you hope that for every change of staff at the club, whether it's a reserve keeper or a high ranking board member.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:41 - Jun 16 with 2891 viewsdmm

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no DoF coming in but that Ainsworth and Dobson are handed the reigns with the expectation they would create the same club culture as they did at Wycombe.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:47 - Jun 16 with 2805 viewsWokingR

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:27 - Jun 16 by JordanFoster

Yeah, not sure what sort of person greets this as 'Brilliant News'
Successful or not, Les is an absolute club legend and has always given his best.
Sounds like the sort of person that goes to a funeral, kicks the coffin and then starts telling everyone why he hated the deceased.
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:48 - Jun 16 with 2780 viewsRangersw12

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:13 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nothing to be celebrated IMO.

We’ll be here again soon enough.

I'm not celebrating this but his position was untenable after the last 18 months but I do think overall he's done a decent job in very difficult circumstances

I actually think Hoos is far more culpable for the general malaise/drift of the club as he is LF boss and he also needs to go as we need someone to take the club by the scruff of the neck and be the best we can be rather than throwing hands up blaming everything on FFP
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:49 - Jun 16 with 2737 viewsJordanFoster

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:39 - Jun 16 by Sakura

What rationale / explanation have I explained here that you don’t agree with want to challenge?

Les was rubbish. People talk about what he came into as an excuse but overlook the mess he left us in

They also overlook how important our first season post relegation was to get promoted and he gave the job to Ramsey who was massively under qualified

No doubt he was an all time great player for us but he has ultimately failed here as a DOF

You are the parody as you moan without any explanation. Just want people to go with your narrative
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 9:40]

Perhaps I am, it's probably not worth going back and forth but your first point about the "new start with competent people involved". Are you including Ainsworth and 'Dobbo' in that? As it seems their recent performances should also be called into question?

You later go on to say "Could be that we save the £250k salary and GA assumes those responsibilities". Admittedly I am not sure whether you think thats the best route, but I would assume anyone with logic could identify it's probably not.

Regardless of what you think of Ainsworth and his style of play, surely we need someone that will preside over the duration of a manager's tenure - especially with our board?

I hope you're right, honestly, this is the one bad apple and now it's plain sailing from here. But let's see, regardless of anyone opinion on his performance, he certainly had a personal affinity to the club, which is more that a lot of the current management level have!
Big news coming out of the club? on 09:58 - Jun 16 with 2567 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:27 - Jun 16 by TK1

Totally agree. Feel surprisingly sad about it, compounded by looking at twitter for two minutes and reading all the comments celebrating as if we've just received £10 million quid investment, rather than remove the only layer of upper management who a) knew football, b) understood the club, c) commanded external respect, d) is in any way qualified for his position. People forget what he took over. I dread to think where we'd be at this point without his appointment.

So, for now the club's absent chairman, absent board, and seemingly perpetually exhausted CEO are the only contact for a manager who appears as at odds with what's gone before as any in the club's history, who wants to rip everything up and build a new club in his image. Usually goes well.

What the club does next is about the biggest decision they've had to make: they've not had a great track record at big calls since 2012. But as usual, as they ALWAYS can be relied on to do, they've given the loudest fan voices exactly what they want to relieve the heat. Let's see what they do next.

I'm not sure you can put this down to 'the loudest voices getting what they've asked for'.

Since Ferdinand has directed the football operations we've had a parachute payment advantage - which came to nothing, we've had a steady stream of questionable (at best) signings, we've had the financial advantage of the Eze sale and ultimately what we ended up with was last season's monstrosity.

His spell began when we were in the Premier League and we came within a hair's breadth of ending it in League One.

There have been good and bad and whether he's done a good job or a bad one is subjective but I hardly think he'd done enough to guarantee his position. His job absolutely HAD to be reviewed after last season's debacle.

He was given more than 8 years - Jurgen Klopp hadn't got to Liverpool, Luton and Plymouth were in League Two, Stuart Pearce was the manager at Forest, Ian Holloway at Millwall. He's a had a fair crack. I don't and won't defend the owners often but to paint this as a knee-jerk, 'give the loud voices what they want' reaction is unfair.
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:00 - Jun 16 with 2539 viewsMonkey_Roots

IMO, we definitely have to have a DOF.

A constant oversight who protects the board and the club from shisters like Harry and Hughes. He'll dictate the strategy and playing style and bring in players and managers that compliment that strategy and style.

Shame it didn't work, but I'm not going to sit here and say that this wasn't what I wanted. Les failed in his duty, and didn't stick to the plans and strategy he put in place.
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:03 - Jun 16 with 2479 viewsBostonR

This was coming and it’s the right decision. Hopefully, it’s the start of a clear-out across the senior positions at the club and a re-set which is badly needed.
The club needs new ideas, innovation on the stadium issue and the development side needs a wholesale review.
I love Les for what he has accomplished at the club but it’s time for a change.
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:04 - Jun 16 with 2421 viewsSakura

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:47 - Jun 16 by WokingR

Yeah, not sure what sort of person greets this as 'Brilliant News'
Successful or not, Les is an absolute club legend and has always given his best.
Sounds like the sort of person that goes to a funeral, kicks the coffin and then starts telling everyone why he hated the deceased.

Have a word with yourself mate. How did you end up at “sort of person who kicks a coffin”?!

I mean if that wasn’t so embarrassingly moronic a slur to make about someone I would be offended.

I will break it down extra simply to help you understand my view point:
- I believe Les was bad at his job as a DOF
- He has now left and I am hopeful his replacement will be better at the job
- That will be good for QPR
- Les record as a player remains unaffected
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 2379 viewsjeffranger

I can’t say good riddance Les as he brought this club back from the crazy years to a stable club, unfortunately the last 2/3 years it just hasn’t worked out & club is in turmoil, good luck in what you do Les & you are still a legend here
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:06 - Jun 16 with 2356 viewsSakura

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:49 - Jun 16 by JordanFoster

Perhaps I am, it's probably not worth going back and forth but your first point about the "new start with competent people involved". Are you including Ainsworth and 'Dobbo' in that? As it seems their recent performances should also be called into question?

You later go on to say "Could be that we save the £250k salary and GA assumes those responsibilities". Admittedly I am not sure whether you think thats the best route, but I would assume anyone with logic could identify it's probably not.

Regardless of what you think of Ainsworth and his style of play, surely we need someone that will preside over the duration of a manager's tenure - especially with our board?

I hope you're right, honestly, this is the one bad apple and now it's plain sailing from here. But let's see, regardless of anyone opinion on his performance, he certainly had a personal affinity to the club, which is more that a lot of the current management level have!

If you hold such a low opinion of GA and Dobson then that is something that supports the view that its good news that Les has gone.

He has switched from a Warburton, Beale and then Critchley style to GA style mid-season. Didn’t seem consistent with a DOF strategy which a positive of this role is often held up as ensuring a consistency of approach and style. Did Les think through that switch in a long term sense? I’m not sure he did.

Whether he had a personal affinity or not with the club I’m not to fussed. He picked up millions of pounds in wages as a DOF and leaving us on the edge of relegation was not a return I am going to celebrate or miss.

My whole viewpoint is centred on what is best for the club not for Les. He’ll be fine wherever he goes next. Don't worry you can be very confident that likes of me being happy he’s gone isn’t going to be a problem for him
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:08 - Jun 16 with 2338 viewsWokingR

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:04 - Jun 16 by Sakura

Have a word with yourself mate. How did you end up at “sort of person who kicks a coffin”?!

I mean if that wasn’t so embarrassingly moronic a slur to make about someone I would be offended.

I will break it down extra simply to help you understand my view point:
- I believe Les was bad at his job as a DOF
- He has now left and I am hopeful his replacement will be better at the job
- That will be good for QPR
- Les record as a player remains unaffected

I'm not sure that anyone would disagree with any of the points you have made there.
Your timing though, in announcing within seconds that this is Brilliant News shows a complete lack of class and respect.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 10:08]
Big news coming out of the club? on 10:10 - Jun 16 with 2284 viewsdaveB

Reported now that Les resigned, West London Sport added the following

And, following discussions with current head coach Gareth Ainsworth about transfer targets for the coming season, Ferdinand decided to stand down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024