Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big news coming out of the club? 17:57 - Jun 15 with 59882 viewsGloucs_R

No I don't know what it is but the Twitterarti all seem to be getting very excited.

Anyone know anything??
[Post edited 15 Jun 2023 17:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:09 - Jun 16 with 2825 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:57 - Jun 16 by Hayesender

Charlie Austin getting in on the act. Not a good look imo

Amazing if he's rteferring to Les.
The bloke could barely trap a ball last time he was here, and was out of shape and slower than Chris Martin. The club did the right thing and his fury was ludicrous.

Bare bones.

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:12 - Jun 16 with 2754 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:57 - Jun 16 by Hayesender

Charlie Austin getting in on the act. Not a good look imo

Looking forward to hearing how it was Les Ferdinand’s fault he still looked like Russell Grant ten games into his second stint with us.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 11:14]
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:15 - Jun 16 with 2698 viewsHayesender

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:12 - Jun 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Looking forward to hearing how it was Les Ferdinand’s fault he still looked like Russell Grant ten games into his second stint with us.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 11:14]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:17 - Jun 16 with 2670 viewsrobith

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

In their defence, the news was hyped by fan accounts, not the club
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:18 - Jun 16 with 2664 viewsBAWHoops

The Austin thing is pretty childish, however he isn't the first player to say Les didn't treat him well when his contract ended.
VERY worried that the statement makes no reference to the fact a new DOF is being sought

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:18 - Jun 16 with 2650 viewsQPunkR

I'm sad it's ended this way for a bona fide Clkub legend. The disrespect and personal attacks he suffered from the (increasingly numerous and vociferous) numptier elements of our fanbase were as depressing as they were unsurprising. I'm certain most of those attacking him for the past few years have no clue what a 'DoF' does.

Looking forward to see who the next lightening rod for our fanbase is going to be. Jude, anyone?

QPR - "shit but local"

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:20 - Jun 16 with 2632 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:18 - Jun 16 by QPunkR

I'm sad it's ended this way for a bona fide Clkub legend. The disrespect and personal attacks he suffered from the (increasingly numerous and vociferous) numptier elements of our fanbase were as depressing as they were unsurprising. I'm certain most of those attacking him for the past few years have no clue what a 'DoF' does.

Looking forward to see who the next lightening rod for our fanbase is going to be. Jude, anyone?

Ainsworth already getting the treatment online.
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:20 - Jun 16 with 2628 viewsrobith

As someone who think Les probably did a 6/10 job and his role had become untenable - I think a lot of fans are going to have a short sharp shock that their binary view of our systemic issues doesn't immediately change everything
Login to get fewer ads

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:31 - Jun 16 with 2485 viewsDejR_vu

My concern is for the future of QPR. In my view this is long-overdue because, imo, LF was either very poor at his job, or was providing a smokescreen, allowing owners who have been shown to be clueless, to continue to run a wrecking ball through the club. I suspect it was a combination of both where LF made a lot of the decisions but then stood by when the owners overrules him in making others. Fine if the decisions turn out to be correct and the club is successful, but when you're the 'football guy' and the suits keep messing it up, there must come a point where you make a stand and make it clear that you won't stand by and allow that to happen, for the good of the club and your own reputation. That time, isn't after 9 or 10 years, imo.

This is half the job though. What comes next is critical. The only option is a strong-minded, well qualified DoF. Anything else will just show this up for what it is, always has been and always will be.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 2431 viewsEastR

He's not the first person this week to jump before he was pushed.
Irrespective of past achievements it was time to go.

At least he's sorted the new suit for future interviews

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:36 - Jun 16 with 2405 viewsDavieQPR

Strange how staff and players can go from the worst to best ever at any hint of their leaving. Yes he is a nice bloke but if you look at his record for the job he was meant to be doing it was left wanting.
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:37 - Jun 16 with 2361 viewsLblock

Be interesting to see which novice they get in next.

They'll be "cheap" in the crazy world of football. That is for sure.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:38 - Jun 16 with 2374 viewsTonto

I think it was time. the whole purpose of the DoF was to provide continuity -managers, style of play, transfers. but for whatever reason thats been abandoned, more than once now under his watch. That partly meant his position was probably untenable, but also we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

As others have pointed out, for a long time it appeared to be working, the transition from the Redknapp disastrous era into a more frugal, but still competitive era and it looked good. then fell apart in the last year.

i too wish Les well. I still like him as a person and a great player. but we need to move on.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:38 - Jun 16 with 2371 viewsAntti_Heinola

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:36 - Jun 16 by DavieQPR

Strange how staff and players can go from the worst to best ever at any hint of their leaving. Yes he is a nice bloke but if you look at his record for the job he was meant to be doing it was left wanting.

Can't see a single post saying anything of the sort that he was the best ever. Not one.

Bare bones.

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:42 - Jun 16 with 2276 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:31 - Jun 16 by Rangersw12

Ferdinand only appointed Warburton and Beale

The rest were the board .

Awful news if we're gonna be giving Ainsworth the keys to the sweet shop

Really. And you know that how? Please share the evidence that categorically proves that during 8 years at the club Les only appointed Warburton and Beale.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 11:47]
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:45 - Jun 16 with 2215 viewsE15Hoop

WLS have just posted this update:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-gallen-a-contender-for-qpr-role-aft
Definitely an interesting development, and once I think we should be genuinely enthusiatic about, if its got the legs that WLS clearly think it has.
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:45 - Jun 16 with 2215 viewsconnell10

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:05 - Jun 16 by daveB

Thats piss poor from Charlie if he's talking about us but could be anything

Charlie by all accounts was treated bad by the club ...sooooo.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:45 - Jun 16 with 2199 viewsstevec

Great player for us, wonderful to see him play, an outstanding centre forward. We should remember him for that.

As a DOF though, he’s been shocking. From the Les/Ramsey fiasco to the present day it’s been nothing more than damage limitation and his only supporters amongst the fan base clinging to some idea that keeping us out of league one was an achievement.

As for a new DOF, if we get one he will only be dealing with the same clique that worshipped at the feet of LF. If that regime remains there is no point bothering with another DOF at this stage. Give GA the reigns for next season and then think about whether we actually need a DOF.
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:46 - Jun 16 with 2212 viewsjoe90

Massively over hyped announcement. Can only assume Talking Rangers was playing to the gallery, which is how it goes with social media.

I think the main issue isn't the fact Les is leaving but how the responses reflect the divided views among the fan base. To be clear, it's not the views I don't agree with that I object to, it's how they're expressed.

There's an unbelievable amount of conjecture when it comes to the DOF role. Objectively yes, Les's tenure doesn't look like a great success, but what were the contributing factors? What about the wider club structure and strategy etc?

Now's a good time to listen to the podcasts in this thread and take note:

https://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/298614/sad-but-true/#28
[Post edited 16 Jun 2023 12:13]
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:51 - Jun 16 with 2119 viewsRangersDave

Big news coming out of the club? on 05:33 - Jun 16 by earthdweller

Coincidentally , i'm seeing OMD tomorrow night at Let's Rock Leeds 👍😀

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 2086 viewsRangersDave

Big news coming out of the club? on 06:15 - Jun 16 by Wilkinswatercarrier

When you put it like that then its difficult to argue. I think Les has done Ok considering what a mess the club was in, but the DoF role still isn't working correctly and that blame ultimately needs to be on the owners.
The past 12/18 months have been an almost complete disaster though and Les should probably go. Still a legend in my eyes.

For what it's worth the big news is either a new ground, Warburton back in some role, or a big damp squid.

Arent squids damp anyway? Free the squid 8!

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 2080 viewsBluce_Ree

Tony Scully to return as player-manager.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:53 - Jun 16 with 2932 viewsconnell10

My feelings are , I loved Les as a player and for the first few years he did a good job as DOF , but the last few years have seen us slide and think it's about time we parted ways. I met him a couple of times and he came across as a great bloke. I wish him well in the future and he will always be a legend in my eyes!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Big news coming out of the club? on 11:54 - Jun 16 with 2895 viewsBklynRanger

Big news coming out of the club? on 10:57 - Jun 16 by E15Hoop

That depends on what the phrase "Following discussions with..." actually covers, and why that was significant enough for Les to feel he had to resign.
I would suggest that this wasn't simply about individual targets, but about what the DoF role actually covers now, and who gets the final say in deciding what and why on the footballing operations side.

Absolutely - it also throws Ainsworth under the bus a bit. In the sense that there will be so much more behind this than a disagreement over 2 or 3 mid twenties journeymen.

All the best to Les anyway - he was a Rolls Royce of a player and I never doubted his commitment as DoF in a very difficult role.
Big news coming out of the club? on 11:54 - Jun 16 with 2890 viewsRangersDave

Big news coming out of the club? on 09:31 - Jun 16 by dmm

There will be another 'evil Les' soon enough on whom to blame the club's misadventures. It's what we do.

Get rid of 'evil Warbs', no good can come of him! 😉

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024