Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROD looks to be off 09:33 - Jun 26 with 9257 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

ROD looks to be off on 20:18 - Jun 26 with 3375 viewsEllDale

ROD looks to be off on 19:14 - Jun 26 by finberty

Bazunu and Sanchez were both loan players.

Both were goalkeepers.

There the similarity ends.

I think I’ve made the point before that Bazunu was 18 and had never been outside the bubble of the City Academy (rather like Slicker) whereas Sanchez was a couple of years older and more streetwise having already had a loan spell at Forest Green.
There’s a world of difference in experience.
No more rookie 18 year olds please.
ROD looks to be off on 22:33 - Jun 26 with 3112 viewsturnthescrew

Great clubman, but not my favourite keeper by a long way. Has been very poor in some games, though excellent in others, though too few. Can only see him warming the bench at Blackpool. .
ROD looks to be off on 22:48 - Jun 26 with 3052 viewsClivert

ROD looks to be off on 20:18 - Jun 26 by EllDale

I think I’ve made the point before that Bazunu was 18 and had never been outside the bubble of the City Academy (rather like Slicker) whereas Sanchez was a couple of years older and more streetwise having already had a loan spell at Forest Green.
There’s a world of difference in experience.
No more rookie 18 year olds please.

We had a rank bad manager in BBM who should have been sacked during that season, he handled Bazunu terribly.

As for ROD, the more players that leave the club from last season's squad the better for me.
ROD looks to be off on 22:50 - Jun 26 with 3053 viewsseasidedale

Brian Clough once said that a good goalkeeper is worth 20 points a season
ROD looks to be off on 23:45 - Jun 26 with 2977 viewsDaleFan7

ROD looks to be off on 22:48 - Jun 26 by Clivert

We had a rank bad manager in BBM who should have been sacked during that season, he handled Bazunu terribly.

As for ROD, the more players that leave the club from last season's squad the better for me.

I think Bazunu has been overhyped by someone at City and they had Southampton's pants down getting ÂŁ12m for him. He was part of our relegation team, he was at Portsmouth when they had their lowest finish in league one since going back up. Now relegated with Southampton having let in 73 goals and only keeping 4 clean sheets all season. He made the PL worst XI this season. He may well improve given he's only 21, though but I feel like he contributed to us being relegated from League One that season.
ROD looks to be off on 23:48 - Jun 26 with 2969 views49thseason

ROD looks to be off on 22:50 - Jun 26 by seasidedale

Brian Clough once said that a good goalkeeper is worth 20 points a season

I said 10- 15 for a decent keeper but if Brian said 20 I am probably underestimating, especially when you consider how many games we lost by a single goal last season.... and often as a result of poor defending when teams threw the kitchen sink at us in the last 10 minutes. Good goalkeepers are loud-voiced organisers, they see everything going on in front of them all the time, its one of the major differences between the merely competent and excellent keepers. Taller, heavier ones are better than short skinny ones.
ROD looks to be off on 07:36 - Jun 27 with 2794 viewsIOMDale

Thinking about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if O’Donnell was one of those squad players transfer listed at the end of the season, if only to try and shift his (reportedly) high wage off the budget.

UTDNFS

ROD looks to be off on 08:32 - Jun 27 with 2721 viewsSaxonDale

ROD looks to be off on 23:45 - Jun 26 by DaleFan7

I think Bazunu has been overhyped by someone at City and they had Southampton's pants down getting ÂŁ12m for him. He was part of our relegation team, he was at Portsmouth when they had their lowest finish in league one since going back up. Now relegated with Southampton having let in 73 goals and only keeping 4 clean sheets all season. He made the PL worst XI this season. He may well improve given he's only 21, though but I feel like he contributed to us being relegated from League One that season.

Southampton made the same mistake as we did. As good a keeper as Bazunu may become, he simply wasn't ready for the level we or Southampton were playing when either of us signed him. He should've been in League 2 the season we signed him and probably Championship last season.
Login to get fewer ads

ROD looks to be off on 09:00 - Jun 27 with 2675 viewssurb_dale

ROD looks to be off on 07:36 - Jun 27 by IOMDale

Thinking about it, I wouldn’t be surprised if O’Donnell was one of those squad players transfer listed at the end of the season, if only to try and shift his (reportedly) high wage off the budget.

Yes agree that is probably the case along with the likes of Ball, EEL, John and Campbell. Maybe Rodney as well if he is one of the higher earners.
ROD looks to be off on 09:27 - Jun 27 with 2611 viewsD_Alien

ROD looks to be off on 08:32 - Jun 27 by SaxonDale

Southampton made the same mistake as we did. As good a keeper as Bazunu may become, he simply wasn't ready for the level we or Southampton were playing when either of us signed him. He should've been in League 2 the season we signed him and probably Championship last season.

I agree

A major contributor to both relegations

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

ROD looks to be off on 13:03 - Jun 27 with 2292 viewsHullDale

Confirmed - one year deal. No mention of a fee so guessing it was mutual to get a wage off the books?
ROD looks to be off on 13:06 - Jun 27 with 2279 viewsTomRAFC

If we get a quality replacement, and his larger wage can fund 2 smaller wages, then it could be a decent deal.

If we don't get a quality replacement, and his wages don't go into the transfer budget, then it could be a shite deal.

Time will tell.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

ROD looks to be off on 13:34 - Jun 27 with 2176 viewsEllDale

Thanks for your efforts.
You seemed a decent bloke who showed plenty of enthusiasm.
Unlike some others who shared the same dressing room.
ROD looks to be off on 12:30 - Jun 29 with 1479 viewsAtThePeake

ROD looks to be off on 23:45 - Jun 26 by DaleFan7

Tbf to Bazunu (and I was no fan of him at Dale) I don't think he could be blamed for Portsmouth's lowest finish since going back up. He had a great season there and won both Players' Player and Fans' Player of the Season.

Tangled up in blue.

ROD looks to be off on 12:33 - Jun 29 with 1475 viewsAtThePeake

ROD looks to be off on 13:54 - Jun 26 by sxdale

The time must surely be now for Brad Kelly he's been around the first team for a while, plus the fact we've dropped a division and he's been loaned out at national league north level. If we aren't going to give him a chance now then he may as well move on.

Kelly has only been out on loan once - to Airbus UK in the Welsh Premier League last season where he played 1 game. Not sure if he picked up an injury or something but given that they conceded 66 goals and picked up just 2 points in 22 league games last season you'd have to hope it was an injury that kept him out of that team.

Tangled up in blue.

ROD looks to be off on 12:51 - Jun 29 with 1410 viewsTVOS1907

ROD looks to be off on 16:01 - Jun 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Whatever happened to City Slicker last season, if he had not gone AWOL we might not have acquired Eastwood and all his problems?

He didn't go AWOL. He went back to City due to having ideas above his station.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

ROD looks to be off on 09:53 - Jun 30 with 1185 viewssxdale

ROD looks to be off on 12:33 - Jun 29 by AtThePeake

Kelly has only been out on loan once - to Airbus UK in the Welsh Premier League last season where he played 1 game. Not sure if he picked up an injury or something but given that they conceded 66 goals and picked up just 2 points in 22 league games last season you'd have to hope it was an injury that kept him out of that team.

I had it in my head that he had gone to a club in the North East, but I see that was actually Ethan Brierley who went to Spennymoor, apologies for the fake news, I really need to fact check my posts
ROD looks to be off on 10:49 - Jun 30 with 1062 viewsAtThePeake

ROD looks to be off on 09:53 - Jun 30 by sxdale

I had it in my head that he had gone to a club in the North East, but I see that was actually Ethan Brierley who went to Spennymoor, apologies for the fake news, I really need to fact check my posts

Tbf I think there's been a few fans that have confused Kelly with Wade who had a couple of loan spells at Guiseley before he was released.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024