Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window 10:00 - Jun 30 with 944 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60404/how-many-of-the-so

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:01 - Jun 30 with 939 viewssaints__fan__73

All the rubbish ones?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:03 - Jun 30 with 913 viewsSaintNick

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:01 - Jun 30 by saints__fan__73

All the rubbish ones?

Thank you for your informative and constructive contribution to this thread, as always it is much appreciated

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:06 - Jun 30 with 903 viewsarfurdent

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:03 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

Thank you for your informative and constructive contribution to this thread, as always it is much appreciated

I think 73s comment was accurate, the problem is spotting which of last seasons squad wasn't

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:07 - Jun 30 with 897 viewssaints__fan__73

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:03 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

I like to provide some balance to your mindless optimism.

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:09 - Jun 30 with 892 viewsSaintNick

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:06 - Jun 30 by arfurdent

I think 73s comment was accurate, the problem is spotting which of last seasons squad wasn't

The problem wasn't the quality of the squad, it was leadership both on and off the pitch, players like Salisu and Bella-Kotchap who barely broke sweat and who constantly left players unmarked are the subject of interest from big clus,

Bazunu got stick for the number of goals let in, but a hefty percentage were scored by someone unmarked from close range, so who is the poor player the keeper or the man who couldn't be bothered marking his man

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:21 - Jun 30 with 870 viewsarfurdent

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:09 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

The problem wasn't the quality of the squad, it was leadership both on and off the pitch, players like Salisu and Bella-Kotchap who barely broke sweat and who constantly left players unmarked are the subject of interest from big clus,

Bazunu got stick for the number of goals let in, but a hefty percentage were scored by someone unmarked from close range, so who is the poor player the keeper or the man who couldn't be bothered marking his man

They were supposed to be highly paid professionals. Hiding behind the poor management excuse does not fly.

Think my former bosses would have accepted that because they were t0ssers I could do fook all. Never understood those who justify not being bothered to perform blaming it on others.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 10:25]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:45 - Jun 30 with 847 viewsButty101

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:09 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

Nick the squad was poor, i really cant understand how you believe its a decent squad. It came bottom by a distance and lost to Grismby at home. The evidence is pretty damming.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 10:46 - Jun 30 with 846 viewsPatfromPoole

The keeper if the shot or header is straight at him, like Lallana’s header and a number of other shots.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 11:26 - Jun 30 with 811 viewssaints__fan__73

Incorrect. It was the quality of the squad. That's why we were by some distance the worst team in the PL over 38 games.

The players signed just were not good enough. (the younger ones may be later in their careers but were not last season).

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 11:54 - Jun 30 with 785 viewsSouthamptonfan

Nick what exactly is it you are trying to say? The defeat to league two Grimsby was because of a tactical issue? Or players were purposely not trying because they weren't motivated (because they weren't being led properly as you put it)? Adams handles the ball into net at Wolves from.one yard out and that's because he wasn't being led properly? Or is Adams himself a dopy donkey for that? In which case it's because he isn't good enough, right? When players left players unmarked, are you saying it's because our managers told them to just stand there and not mark players? Or did they have an attitude problem in which case the problem is with the player himself not the leadership. Romeu was a miss in the team because he was a better, more experienced, more aggressive player than anything we had. You have mentioned many times about the lack of leaders inthe team. So the quality of leaders we had on the pitch was lacking because the squad wasn't good enough and it wasn't good enough because we didn't have leaders on the pitch, we didn't have enough experience and we didn't have enough quality to.win games.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2023 12:03]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jun 30 with 778 viewssaint901

The question is not how poor were we last season (and the answer was "very" in every department from ownership, strategy, management and players), but how many players will we have in the coming season.

Firstly of course, it depends on whether any of them are wanted by another club and whether the price offered is enough. I'd say JWP and Lavia might well go.

Secondly, what does the new manager want? He plays a possession based game and therefore will want players who can pass, move, pass, move and who can keep the ball. He's not so interested in a game that sees players carrying the ball forward at their feet. That seems to say that Tino and KWP and perhaps AA are going to struggle with the system and may not get game time and therefore might see an exit.

Thirdly, do the players want to play? We've already seen tantrums from Salisu and Bednarek and others. In an ideal world, the club would tell them to be professional or if they don't want to be, don't play them but prevent them leaving for another club. However, the world is not ideal and a mardy tart unwilling to play at 100% is best shipped out.

Lastly, are we going to see the owners continue to press the manager to play inexperienced and unsuitable players just to increase their game minutes in the hope of making them more valuable? I hope not, but frankly they're not asking my opinion. I hear much about Ballard but have never seen him play. If he is young and gifted however, would I pitch him into a tough league without some form of gradual introduction etc?

Perhaps a starting line up, game 1, might be

McCarthy (heaven help us)
Bree
Caletta-Car
Bella Kotchap (made of glass) or Lyanco
Perraud
Aribo
Alcaraz
Diallo
Edozie
Adams
Onuachu
How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 12:04 - Jun 30 with 763 viewssaints__fan__73

How Many Of The Southampton Squad Will Still Be Here After Transfer Window on 11:58 - Jun 30 by saint901

The question is not how poor were we last season (and the answer was "very" in every department from ownership, strategy, management and players), but how many players will we have in the coming season.

Firstly of course, it depends on whether any of them are wanted by another club and whether the price offered is enough. I'd say JWP and Lavia might well go.

Secondly, what does the new manager want? He plays a possession based game and therefore will want players who can pass, move, pass, move and who can keep the ball. He's not so interested in a game that sees players carrying the ball forward at their feet. That seems to say that Tino and KWP and perhaps AA are going to struggle with the system and may not get game time and therefore might see an exit.

Thirdly, do the players want to play? We've already seen tantrums from Salisu and Bednarek and others. In an ideal world, the club would tell them to be professional or if they don't want to be, don't play them but prevent them leaving for another club. However, the world is not ideal and a mardy tart unwilling to play at 100% is best shipped out.

Lastly, are we going to see the owners continue to press the manager to play inexperienced and unsuitable players just to increase their game minutes in the hope of making them more valuable? I hope not, but frankly they're not asking my opinion. I hear much about Ballard but have never seen him play. If he is young and gifted however, would I pitch him into a tough league without some form of gradual introduction etc?

Perhaps a starting line up, game 1, might be

McCarthy (heaven help us)
Bree
Caletta-Car
Bella Kotchap (made of glass) or Lyanco
Perraud
Aribo
Alcaraz
Diallo
Edozie
Adams
Onuachu

Not a chance ABK will be here. I doubt he will even be expected to turn up for preseason.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024