Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today's Rumour Mill 21:18 - Jul 11 with 1867 viewsSaintNick

Dont shoot the messenger Im only compiling the rumours

Shea Charles Man City midfielder is near completion

Che Adams staying.

Bologna forward Sydney van Hooijdonk close , a goal every other match.

Dragan pumped in another 18 million today. SR have put in £155m since they took over.

informed speculation is Ward Prowse staying.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Today's Rumour Mill on 21:48 - Jul 11 with 1815 viewsButty101

No one can complain about Dragon putting his money where his mouth is. It was just a very obviously floored plan.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Today's Rumour Mill on 22:24 - Jul 11 with 1766 viewsBuggalugs

Today's Rumour Mill on 21:48 - Jul 11 by Butty101

No one can complain about Dragon putting his money where his mouth is. It was just a very obviously floored plan.

I’m sure you’ll find a way.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Today's Rumour Mill on 23:01 - Jul 11 with 1727 viewsPatfromPoole

If I was Ward Prowse, I would stay, I think.

Far more exciting challenge to try and get us promoted than to get Brentford and Fulham (or even West Ham) to finish 12th.

If it was Newcastle or Liverpool, then fair enough, that’s a different level.

He isn’t going to get a look-in for England at the Euros. Bellingham and Rice are the future for the next 5 years at least, and then there are others coming through the Under-21’s.

I eagerly await the scorn of Mr. Iwould….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today's Rumour Mill on 08:38 - Jul 12 with 1557 viewsA1079

Today's Rumour Mill on 23:01 - Jul 11 by PatfromPoole

If I was Ward Prowse, I would stay, I think.

Far more exciting challenge to try and get us promoted than to get Brentford and Fulham (or even West Ham) to finish 12th.

If it was Newcastle or Liverpool, then fair enough, that’s a different level.

He isn’t going to get a look-in for England at the Euros. Bellingham and Rice are the future for the next 5 years at least, and then there are others coming through the Under-21’s.

I eagerly await the scorn of Mr. Iwould….

I would tend to agree with you. Though Brentford and Fulham have done well and better than many may have expected there is a ceiling with them that eventually will be eroded - not dissimilar to us. If it was a truly large enough club that is going to make a difference to his career I would get it - West Ham - they are sort of on the cusp of becoming a regular top 8 club but whether they can make that jump long term remains to be seen - putting aside their derisory offer.

JWP could be the useful experience we could do with now at Championship level.
Today's Rumour Mill on 08:42 - Jul 12 with 1551 viewsA1079

I appreciate your updates Nick. Whether they come to fruition or not is always a guessing game until it happens - its a bit like a BBC story sometimes! You can only relay what you hear or know.

SR financial input is not so much questioned it is more about their decision making which has been questionable at so many levels. But, I am hoping that they have learnt their lessons and things will be more favourable in the year/years ahead - only time will tell!
Today's Rumour Mill on 09:29 - Jul 12 with 1488 viewsericofarabia

JWP staying is an interesting one. As mentioned the quality of the clubs linked so far isn't something that sets the pulse racing. Brentford and Fulham's bubble could quite easily burst as teams suss them out. Maybe if Brighton, Newcastle, Spurs or even maybe Villa might be enough of a step up.
If the rumours are true that he isn't subject to a paycut, then maybe being part of the new project could be an option for him avoiding any family upheavel etcand no big expectations from new club fans if we manage to hold out for 30 mill or more.
Today's Rumour Mill on 10:00 - Jul 12 with 1458 viewsIfonly

"Dragan pumped in another 18 million today"

What matters is HOW he put it in. Is it equity or is it directors loans? Does anyone know? It makes a big difference. Director's loans just saddle the club with more debt and create a problem when it comes time to sell the club (which will happen one day).
Today's Rumour Mill on 13:22 - Jul 12 with 1342 viewsButty101

Today's Rumour Mill on 22:24 - Jul 11 by Buggalugs

I’m sure you’ll find a way.

Aren’t you just a desperate tart seeking attention

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Today's Rumour Mill on 14:14 - Jul 12 with 1287 viewssaintmark1976

J W P has scored most of his goals from free kicks and penalties. He is viewed by many as the best dead ball kicker in the world.

Last season I thought that the opposing teams had sussed his abilities and decided that the easiest way to negate them was not to give free kicks anywhere near their goal. I gained the impression that teams had instructions to simply let our players shoot rather than foul them as there was every chance their keeper would save the shot or alternatively the ball would end up in row Z of the stand.

If my thoughts are correct then it’s not difficult to see why at 28 years old none of the top teams appear to be interested in purchasing J W P. In my opinion aside of his dead ball kicking J W P is nothing other than an average Premiership midfielder.

In any event, if the suggestion is correct and his salary will not be reduced because of relegation then why would he wish to move on even if a sufficiently large bid acceptable to S R is forthcoming ?
Today's Rumour Mill on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 1225 viewsPatfromPoole

Today's Rumour Mill on 14:14 - Jul 12 by saintmark1976

J W P has scored most of his goals from free kicks and penalties. He is viewed by many as the best dead ball kicker in the world.

Last season I thought that the opposing teams had sussed his abilities and decided that the easiest way to negate them was not to give free kicks anywhere near their goal. I gained the impression that teams had instructions to simply let our players shoot rather than foul them as there was every chance their keeper would save the shot or alternatively the ball would end up in row Z of the stand.

If my thoughts are correct then it’s not difficult to see why at 28 years old none of the top teams appear to be interested in purchasing J W P. In my opinion aside of his dead ball kicking J W P is nothing other than an average Premiership midfielder.

In any event, if the suggestion is correct and his salary will not be reduced because of relegation then why would he wish to move on even if a sufficiently large bid acceptable to S R is forthcoming ?

"Last season I thought that the opposing teams had sussed his abilities and decided that the easiest way to negate them was not to give free kicks anywhere near their goal. I gained the impression that teams had instructions to simply let our players shoot rather than foul them as there was every chance their keeper would save the shot or alternatively the ball would end up in row Z of the stand."

I laughed at that paragraph far more than I should have done, but sadly spot on, I fear.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Today's Rumour Mill on 15:35 - Jul 12 with 1219 viewsMattFinish

We’ve bought a full back, we’re strongly linked with other defenders and defensive midfielders but the two positions we’ve needed for probably 3 or 4 seasons ie centre forward and keeper and there’s still no additions
Today's Rumour Mill on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 1156 viewsarfurdent

Today's Rumour Mill on 15:35 - Jul 12 by MattFinish

We’ve bought a full back, we’re strongly linked with other defenders and defensive midfielders but the two positions we’ve needed for probably 3 or 4 seasons ie centre forward and keeper and there’s still no additions

business as usual

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Today's Rumour Mill on 20:21 - Jul 12 with 1030 viewsinthebox

Today's Rumour Mill on 16:20 - Jul 12 by arfurdent

business as usual

I suppose the thinking is we already have Championship forwards in Adams and Armstrong. We bought championship players surprise surprise we're in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024