Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly 11:34 - Jul 13 with 16576 viewsHullDale

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:45 - Jul 14 with 10109 viewsHullDale

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 15:56 - Jul 15 with 9544 viewsDaleFan7

We were poor in the first half. Doesnt seem to be much structure in the way we've played so far.

The right back on loan has been easily beaten every time the ball has gone down that side.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:44 - Jul 15 with 9218 viewsEllDale

Odoh has just scored “a fantastic curved effort” for Harrogate.
Unbelievable as Chris Kamara would say.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 16:50 - Jul 15 with 9142 viewsDaleFan7

If that's what we've got to look forward to this season it's going to be an awfully long one.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:52 - Jul 15 with 8666 viewsdavidab2202

Can any significance be drawn from the fact that Ball didn't feature at any stage today.Perhaps he was carrying a knock could also be a reason
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:57 - Jul 15 with 8640 viewsDale_Mike

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:52 - Jul 15 by davidab2202

Can any significance be drawn from the fact that Ball didn't feature at any stage today.Perhaps he was carrying a knock could also be a reason

Ball was sat in the main stand with the general public. He had full dale tracksuit on, I assumed he was injured.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:58 - Jul 15 with 8638 viewsspringfieldparka

Very disjointed display today and most disappointing . No real rhythm in the play , lack of movement and commitment , and poor passing/control cost us and meant we lost possession too often and too easily .

Only bright spots for me were keeper looked solid , triallist A looked to have something about him , and Dos Santos looked very comfortable when he came on playing at right back .

Interestingly James Ball was sat in the stands for the full 90 minutes plus all of half time ....... injured or excluded ?
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 18:16 - Jul 15 with 8493 viewsSuddenLad

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 17:58 - Jul 15 by springfieldparka

Very disjointed display today and most disappointing . No real rhythm in the play , lack of movement and commitment , and poor passing/control cost us and meant we lost possession too often and too easily .

Only bright spots for me were keeper looked solid , triallist A looked to have something about him , and Dos Santos looked very comfortable when he came on playing at right back .

Interestingly James Ball was sat in the stands for the full 90 minutes plus all of half time ....... injured or excluded ?

I guess Ball was injured. If he was 'excluded' why would he even be there?

Agree about the display today. No cohesion, poor decision making and all in all, it was a bore.

The loanee full back was skinned by their goalscorer, and didn't get any better. Tyrese Sinclair was lively, Trialist A also, but generally a lacklustre, disjointed performance.

Second half was similar, wholesale changes to the team and not much improvement. Too may players trying to over-complicate things when it was easier to take another option. Dos Santos the pick of the changed players. Not much else to write home about.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:43 - Jul 15 with 8125 viewsNorthernDale

I know it was a preseason game, but it was poor to watch, we seemed intent on playing out from the back or across the back four, but kept losing it through the inability to pass to somebody in a Dale shirt. If that is the standard or style of play that McNulty wants then we are in trouble,it was that terrible to watch.

Hopefully it was a preseason blimp and McNulty has the ability to change the style of play, if not we could struggle.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 19:57]
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:18 - Jul 15 with 7973 viewsFrog

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:43 - Jul 15 by NorthernDale

I know it was a preseason game, but it was poor to watch, we seemed intent on playing out from the back or across the back four, but kept losing it through the inability to pass to somebody in a Dale shirt. If that is the standard or style of play that McNulty wants then we are in trouble,it was that terrible to watch.

Hopefully it was a preseason blimp and McNulty has the ability to change the style of play, if not we could struggle.

Jim has already said "The clubs possession dominant style", sounds like we'll be playing it out from the back again. Hasn't worked for the last 4 seasons, can't see it being successful in the NL. Hope I'm wrong.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:20 - Jul 15 with 7968 viewshowy10

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 19:43 - Jul 15 by NorthernDale

Why hasn't the style of play already been changed from last season's utter debacle?
It didn't work then and will never work this, or any season.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 20:22]
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:28 - Jul 15 with 7936 viewsTrev

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:20 - Jul 15 by howy10

Why hasn't the style of play already been changed from last season's utter debacle?
It didn't work then and will never work this, or any season.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2023 20:22]

As above, it's apparently the club ethos to play this way. Hopefully the players can adapt and be competitive with it, something they haven't managed for years.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:52 - Jul 15 with 7837 viewsmikehunt

Chorley could have been out of sight first half: A great diving header by Ferguson to prevent a thumping effort from going in - keeper beaten. Prior to that our keeper made a splendid save to keep them out.
The only chance of note for us, that I can remember, fell to Kelly (I think) when the ball drifted through to him, after Chorley players didn't deal with the ball. He was one on one with the keeper but sent a weak left-footed shot straight into the goalie's hands. I can't think of another clear-cut chance that we created.
Lot's of kids in the second half but they seemed to defend quite well. I need to see another couple of games before I predict a season of gloom :-)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:46 - Jul 15 with 7661 viewsJames1980

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 20:28 - Jul 15 by Trev

As above, it's apparently the club ethos to play this way. Hopefully the players can adapt and be competitive with it, something they haven't managed for years.

'Fast, attacking, possession based football'

Doesn't sound like there was much speed and offensive play on display this afternoon.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:50 - Jul 15 with 7633 viewsEllDale

It’s an ethos started by BBM although both Stockdale and Bentley dispensed with some of the short stuff from goalkicks.
It became apparent at the end of last season that BJ is a disciple of BBM though in this respect.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:57 - Jul 15 with 7600 viewsD_Alien

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:46 - Jul 15 by James1980

Doesn't sound like there was much speed and offensive play on display this afternoon.

"Fast, attacking" and "possession based" are mutually exclusive

With the latter, the emphasis is on not taking risks which might result in losing possession. That excludes speed of execution and playing speculative balls forward to players making runs

I wasn't there today but i've seen enough of it over the past 2/3 years, and if there's no change in emphasis then all the fine talk over the past couple of weeks will be wasted, since the players (old and new) will remain as confused as hell and increasingly dispirited at playing in an environment built upon illusions not reality

Despite the above, i'm not making any judgements on where we are until the season starts, and points are won or lost

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 22:15 - Jul 15 with 7531 viewsJames1980

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:57 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

"Fast, attacking" and "possession based" are mutually exclusive

With the latter, the emphasis is on not taking risks which might result in losing possession. That excludes speed of execution and playing speculative balls forward to players making runs

I wasn't there today but i've seen enough of it over the past 2/3 years, and if there's no change in emphasis then all the fine talk over the past couple of weeks will be wasted, since the players (old and new) will remain as confused as hell and increasingly dispirited at playing in an environment built upon illusions not reality

Despite the above, i'm not making any judgements on where we are until the season starts, and points are won or lost

Perhaps a better mantra would be Possession with Progression or Progressive Possession?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 22:26 - Jul 15 with 7497 viewsupthedale2403

I was there today and putting it into perspective it was a pre season friendly. However apart from being impressed with a couple of Chorley players,Tyrese Sinclair Trialist A & Dos Santos it was a terrible game to watch. I'm trying to tell myself that pre season is about getting minutes into the players legs but we should be starting to see patterns of play and partnerships forming,?

I sat in the seat directly in front James Ball & his girlfriend so that was another positive for me today, not the fact I was sat near him but the fact that he was not on the pitch or in the squad

In all fairness Chorley looked a very decent outfit and I wish them a the best this season
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 23:05 - Jul 15 with 7400 viewsseasidedale

Any ideas who the trialists today where,was one of them spence who played on tuesday
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 01:33 - Jul 16 with 7207 viewsKnowlesy

I was stood near our dugout at Radcliffe for the second half and Ball did tell Jim that he was struggling with his hamstring straight after the game.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 11:04 - Jul 16 with 6633 viewsDaleiLama

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 21:46 - Jul 15 by James1980

Sounds a lot like the manifesto Stockdale was appointed on. I know microphones are pushed into managers' faces incessantly, but empty promises are worse than saying nothing in my book. Actions speak louder than words. And that's what BJ will be judged on. Guessing here but he may not even have his preferred starting X1 in the building yet. When he does, though, I really hope he remembers this promise. We've dropped down 2 leagues playing some God-awful football. If that continues in the NL I really do fear for the future of the fanbase. I expect a noticeable contraction in numbers this year. We badly need this promise to be kept to prevent further erosion in the future.

Here's hoping.

#uptheDale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 11:29 - Jul 16 with 6577 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fair play to Exeter City who actually identify their Trialists beforehand.

I can't really see any reason why a club would need to keep the identity of a trialist hidden from fans. Agents are touting players around clubs constantly, it's hardly going to be a secret if a certain player happens to be on trial at a club.
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 12:29 - Jul 16 with 6423 viewsNorthernDale

We accept that preseason games is about giving players a run out and to get them up to match fitness. However as others have highlighted, McNulty is repeating the same old mistakes in continuing with his preferred style of football, I hope he can change, but I have my doubts that he can change. I was wondering how of those that started at Chorley will start on August 5th.

Hopefully we will see more recruitment this week, with a left back a most, but also an additional striker.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 12:42]
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 13:41 - Jul 16 with 6265 viewsfrenzied

Very few sides even at Prem level don't suffer from an abomination at some point during the season doing the playing out from back route.

City are prob the best side I've seen at this often using a midfielder to drop back to increase passing options.

City back 4 and keeper all all confident with the ball at their feet.

I cant see us opting for the big punt upfield there no one up there to receive it
Chorley (A) Match Thread - Pre-Season Friendly on 14:43 - Jul 16 with 6105 viewsAtThePeake

It's pre-season.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024