Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jim’ll Fix It 09:36 - Jul 17 with 10950 viewsIOMDale

UTDNFS

Jim’ll Fix It on 10:47 - Jul 17 with 7526 viewselectricblue

Interesting i will have to listen on catch up...
I wonder if somebody will ask why is he continuing with the same tactics that got Dale relegated twice.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jim’ll Fix It on 12:13 - Jul 17 with 7295 viewskel

Jim’ll Fix It on 10:47 - Jul 17 by electricblue

I wonder if somebody will ask why is he continuing with the same tactics that got Dale relegated twice.......

You can ask the question yourself on the Twitter thread as posted above.
Jim’ll Fix It on 12:49 - Jul 17 with 7172 viewsJames1980

Any plans to get Big Jim on the podcast?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jim’ll Fix It on 13:55 - Jul 17 with 6997 viewselectricblue

Jim’ll Fix It on 12:13 - Jul 17 by kel

You can ask the question yourself on the Twitter thread as posted above.

I dont have a twitter account.......

Jim’ll Fix It on 14:08 - Jul 17 with 6956 viewsChaffRAFC

Jim’ll Fix It on 10:47 - Jul 17 by electricblue

You think we got relegated last season because of playing out from the back?

Jim Bentley was in charge for 36 games last season and couldn't be further away, tactically, from BBM who took us down to League Two and Jim McNulty who was in charge for a total 8 games after Bentley was sacked and lost just two.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jim’ll Fix It on 14:13 - Jul 17 with 6929 viewsEllDale

I can think of half a dozen reasons why we got relegated last season but playing out from the back isn't one of them.
This was discussed on the Chorley match thread.
Jim’ll Fix It on 15:01 - Jul 17 with 6781 viewskel

Jim’ll Fix It on 13:55 - Jul 17 by electricblue

I dont have a twitter account.......

Takes about two minutes to set one up…
Jim’ll Fix It on 15:26 - Jul 17 with 6691 viewselectricblue

Jim’ll Fix It on 15:01 - Jul 17 by kel

Takes about two minutes to set one up…

Not interested...
Never have been..

Login to get fewer ads

Jim’ll Fix It on 18:31 - Jul 17 with 6337 viewsSuddenLad

JmC saying that we were outgunned financially for a player who has signed for Altrincham. Our budget is a problem when it comes to recruitment, but he's happy with the players he has, but accepts we are way short as a squad, and that recruitment will continue into the season.

More movement of players is expected before the first game of the season.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jim’ll Fix It on 18:40 - Jul 17 with 6293 views442Dale

He was asked about MRKT’s role and responded that he was unsure why this hasn’t been clarified.

Quite.

Really good interview and it’s something that benefits the club and supporters with real openness where possible. The manager certainly seems to believe fans deserve that.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 18:44]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim’ll Fix It on 19:02 - Jul 17 with 6168 viewsDale92

Did anyone ask if were getting more coaching staff? Hes the only contracted first team coach atm

This is the One, I've waited for

Jim’ll Fix It on 19:32 - Jul 17 with 6001 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fxk4h5

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jim’ll Fix It on 19:56 - Jul 17 with 5880 viewsBrierls

Jim’ll Fix It on 19:02 - Jul 17 by Dale92

Did anyone ask if were getting more coaching staff? Hes the only contracted first team coach atm

Has Gibbins not got a contract?
Jim’ll Fix It on 21:54 - Jul 17 with 5471 viewsTrev

Jim’ll Fix It on 19:32 - Jul 17 by 442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fxk4h5

I'd urge everyone to listen to this, it's very good and very informative.
Jim’ll Fix It on 23:52 - Jul 17 with 5206 viewsChaffRAFC

Great interview.

* Not got a top 5 budget
* Lost out to Altrincham for a player based on budget
* Admits we're way short still, wants 3/4 more yet and will have more in before season starts
* MRKT committee based recruitment based on analytics but believes fans should have it explained
* Possession based doesn't necessarily mean playing out from the back or short passing. Can keep possession with a long ball
* Played 451 going direct to a target man last season before he was in charge and were bottom of the league doing it.
* Total options, not total football, trusts his defenders to make right decisions
* Was prepared to lose Odoh and O'Donnell
* Lloyd not been back to the club and hasn't accepted contract offered, deadline been and gone and we can't wait. Offers much higher up the pyramid.
* Sam Graham had been in training but has rejected the offer of a new deal
* Obvious aim for playoffs but have to be mindful of clubs like Scunthorpe and Stockport who have gone down and down again

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jim’ll Fix It on 05:51 - Jul 18 with 5034 viewsNorthernDale

Sums it up perfectly, thank you.
Jim’ll Fix It on 07:07 - Jul 18 with 4961 viewsAtThePeake

Jim’ll Fix It on 23:52 - Jul 17 by ChaffRAFC

Great interview.

* Not got a top 5 budget
* Admits we're way short still, wants 3/4 more yet and will have more in before season starts
* MRKT committee based recruitment based on analytics but believes fans should have it explained
* Possession based doesn't necessarily mean playing out from the back or short passing. Can keep possession with a long ball
* Played 451 going direct to a target man last season before he was in charge and were bottom of the league doing it.
* Total options, not total football, trusts his defenders to make right decisions
* Lloyd not been back to the club and hasn't accepted contract offered, deadline been and gone and we can't wait. Offers much higher up the pyramid.
* Obvious aim for playoffs but have to be mindful of clubs like Scunthorpe and Stockport who have gone down and down again

"Possession based doesn't necessarily mean playing out from the back or short passing. Can keep possession with a long ball."

You can unless it's Max Taylor playing it!

Tangled up in blue.

Jim’ll Fix It on 07:11 - Jul 18 with 4955 viewsTalkingSutty

Jim’ll Fix It on 23:52 - Jul 17 by ChaffRAFC

Great interview.

* Not got a top 5 budget

Good summary that. He also mentioned that the chef has left the club so there was nobody to cook the players food, he also mentioned that two groundsman have left the club. We found out this week that two associate Directors have left and we know that Tony Ellis recently left. Everybody seems to be leaving.

I thought Jim came across really well and was honest in his answers. He admitted that we aren't going to be ready for the new season, his own words. We've had some dark days in the history of the club but I've never heard a manager admit that before. It sums up the state of the club though. If we aren't going to be ready for the new season as a non league team, why not? We've had all summer to prepare, we have the parachute payment and we won't have the smallest budget in the league..on a par with Gateshead and Eastleigh etc is what Jim said i think but not a top 5 budget. I'm assuming they won't be ready for the new season neither?

Listening to Jim's comments about MRKT also reflected badly on the leadership at the club, he was in full agreement that their role at the club and how they operate should have been fully explained to the fans...it's a fan owned club as Jim pointed out. I don't think he is comfortable with the set up neither but we will only find that out further down the line, you could detect it in his voice and he chose his words very carefully. Who are these people, what are their backgrounds in football? We know that nobody in the boardroom has a clue when it comes to selecting players so I'm assuming they just comment regarding the financial side of things, what other input could they give, none of them are football people. I think Jim is jumping to the tune of MRKT to be honest, he would have known that when he took the job though.

I wish Jim all the best because he's on a hiding to nothing, working alongside faceless people who will no doubt hang him out to dry if the results aren't forthcoming. At least Jim tried to put some meat on the bones when it came to MRKT, something that Gauge promised to do but failed to deliver, yet again. How long have we been waiting for this presentation, he seems to have forgotten that we are a fan owned club, or more likely Simon just doesn't care about that. As fans and shareholders we also need to know how much MRKT are charging the club for their services, something that Jim also seemed unaware of but admitted we should know

The manager comes out of that interview with a lot of credit but it painted a picture to me of a club in disarray and I'm now more worried than i was before i tuned in. He needs to keep being honest in his interviews because his head is on the chopping block with this lot. There was nothing positive to take away from the programme apart from the managers honesty.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 7:19]
Jim’ll Fix It on 07:20 - Jul 18 with 4925 viewsfrenzied

It was a decent enough interview.

Jim clearly needs as much support as possible both on and off the pitch..

He has no control over the actions of others in the background.

Ultimately he will pay the price if 10 games in it is looking grim.

Its a poisoned chalice and he will realise this..its up to the players to stand up and be counted,,,and its up to the fans to be unwavering in their support at all times ..before, during and after the games.

Rants on the forum boards are fine..but not in earshot of the players on match day..thats simply destructive
Jim’ll Fix It on 07:51 - Jul 18 with 4877 viewsste1

r.e. MRKT, I don't think it's any great mystery who they are and what they are doing. Their website gives info on the staff members and they say they basically take data from the likes of Statsbomb and use it to recommend players. So, stuff like this

https://statsbomb.com/articles/soccer/understand-football-radars-for-mugs-and-mu

Plus they watch a load of matches and make recommendations. It all sounds fairly sensible and the sort of data driven things that you get in modern football. Hopefully they are actually good at what they offer.

On a pale blue dot

Jim’ll Fix It on 08:06 - Jul 18 with 4829 viewsTalkingSutty

Jim’ll Fix It on 07:51 - Jul 18 by ste1

r.e. MRKT, I don't think it's any great mystery who they are and what they are doing. Their website gives info on the staff members and they say they basically take data from the likes of Statsbomb and use it to recommend players. So, stuff like this

https://statsbomb.com/articles/soccer/understand-football-radars-for-mugs-and-mu

Plus they watch a load of matches and make recommendations. It all sounds fairly sensible and the sort of data driven things that you get in modern football. Hopefully they are actually good at what they offer.

It makes you wonder why probably over 95% of clubs don't use this sort of model🤔. Anyway the proof will be in the pudding, we should be seeing a vast improvement now on what has been served up prior to MRKT becoming involved in recruitment.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 8:08]
Jim’ll Fix It on 08:07 - Jul 18 with 4827 viewsdalemark

I agree with a lot of what TS has said above... I came away from that interview last night having more faith in McNulty than before but also being more worried about behind the scenes stuff than I was. Credit to the presenters for asking difficult questions (such as "am I right in saying that, although you're not solely responsible for signings, its your head on the block if they don't work?")

On MRKT - from the latest Trust update : https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/trust-newsletter-july/

"We have previously cited the use of MRKT that needs communicating with the supporters. The Club are looking at producing a podcast early in July to give a full explanation, putting out a text version soon after."

For me we are no longer in 'early July' - the away kit launch is scheduled for late July so you'd think that takes priority in the next 13 days - so its another missed promise from the club and they risk, again, looking like they are paying lip service when challenged by fans or the trust. We were due to be told about a new catering partner last week and that also didn't materialise.

What is happening to create a situation where deadlines and promises are constantly missed, and staff / partners are choosing to leave at a rate of knots?

McNulty is clearly doing his best, and there is no doubting he cares, but last night there was a clear undertone of frustration at how things are being run, and a clear desire to point out he is responsible for getting the most out of the players he has and that is it... no sole accountability for signings, nothing on finances or negotiations, nothing behind the scenes. He will, rightly, be judged on how the 16 perform on a matchday, but we (& I'm as guilty as anyone of this) need to remember that he's on a hiding to nothing being asked to do his job with one hand tied behind his back.

*edit - fully expecting a half arsed update on MRKT to materialise in the next couple of days now that the club have been openly challenged on it... McNulty clearly was saying he thinks the fans should be getting better communication, but that isn't in his remit for most stuff.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 8:09]
Jim’ll Fix It on 08:21 - Jul 18 with 4784 viewselectricblue

We all basically knew that the BoD would cut the wages budget but cut it to deep and it will have a detrimental effect which could be disastrous in may ways...

It as become a very alarming situation at the club and the BoD are as usual invisable....
Will the chairman give the usual waffle of "we are talking to interested parties" well that as been going on so long if these so called interested parties are interested what is stopping them!

For the manager to openly admit that they are not ready that is very alarming indeed.

Jim’ll Fix It on 08:27 - Jul 18 with 4760 viewsTrev

The chairman stated that the cost of using MRKT was much less than the wage of a DoF. Would everyone be demanding to know the wages of a DoF? I'm more than happy for a rookie manager to have help in recruiting new players particularly after dropping to the NL. The board have got plenty wrong but it's hard to argue that we don't need some help with recruitment considering our recent track record, they obviously feel it's a price worth paying.
Jim’ll Fix It on 08:30 - Jul 18 with 4756 viewsTalkingSutty

Jim’ll Fix It on 08:07 - Jul 18 by dalemark

I agree with a lot of what TS has said above... I came away from that interview last night having more faith in McNulty than before but also being more worried about behind the scenes stuff than I was. Credit to the presenters for asking difficult questions (such as "am I right in saying that, although you're not solely responsible for signings, its your head on the block if they don't work?")

On MRKT - from the latest Trust update : https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/trust-newsletter-july/

"We have previously cited the use of MRKT that needs communicating with the supporters. The Club are looking at producing a podcast early in July to give a full explanation, putting out a text version soon after."

For me we are no longer in 'early July' - the away kit launch is scheduled for late July so you'd think that takes priority in the next 13 days - so its another missed promise from the club and they risk, again, looking like they are paying lip service when challenged by fans or the trust. We were due to be told about a new catering partner last week and that also didn't materialise.

What is happening to create a situation where deadlines and promises are constantly missed, and staff / partners are choosing to leave at a rate of knots?

McNulty is clearly doing his best, and there is no doubting he cares, but last night there was a clear undertone of frustration at how things are being run, and a clear desire to point out he is responsible for getting the most out of the players he has and that is it... no sole accountability for signings, nothing on finances or negotiations, nothing behind the scenes. He will, rightly, be judged on how the 16 perform on a matchday, but we (& I'm as guilty as anyone of this) need to remember that he's on a hiding to nothing being asked to do his job with one hand tied behind his back.

*edit - fully expecting a half arsed update on MRKT to materialise in the next couple of days now that the club have been openly challenged on it... McNulty clearly was saying he thinks the fans should be getting better communication, but that isn't in his remit for most stuff.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 8:09]

You are absolutely right to point out that he is on a hiding to nothing and working with one hand tied behind his back. He is also a decent man who cares, you can hear that in his voice. However the club is bigger than any individual and that needs to be the priority, we can't afford to get off to a bad start and just keep supporting the manager until relegation becomes nailed on, that's what we did with Bentley. The club is on its knees and i wouldn't be surprised if we have lost nearly a quarter of our supporters over the last twelve months, season ticket holders that we may never get back. You can't blame those fans, it's no longer enjoyable supporting the club or attending games. Life's too short to keep having your day ruined. We can't keep supporting managers that are clearly failing, we did it with BBM and we did it with Bentley, there's a argument to suggest we also did it with Stockdale. It's cost us big time on all three occasions. I agree Jim can be cut some slack but he hasn't just arrived at the club, he was caretaker manager during the back end of last season and accepted the job knowing the restrictions. It's not Jim's fault, the sooner we get new owners in who can show leadership, experience, ambition and direction the better. I genuinely feel sorry for him having to work under these circumstances. It's about time the Chairman found his voice also, show a bit of bloody leadership .
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 8:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024