Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict 09:20 - Jul 23 with 1484 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60496/southampton-at-rea

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 10:13 - Jul 23 with 1375 viewsRon11

Nice to see Adam Armstrong positioned where he's supposed to be.
Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 10:27 - Jul 23 with 1347 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 10:13 - Jul 23 by Ron11

Nice to see Adam Armstrong positioned where he's supposed to be.

He looked good, he was pivotal in much of the passing and also had several good chances that produced good saves from the Reading keeper

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 10:54 - Jul 23 with 1314 viewsfelly1

Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 10:27 - Jul 23 by SaintNick

He looked good, he was pivotal in much of the passing and also had several good chances that produced good saves from the Reading keeper

Armstrong is showing real signs of being the player we hoped he'd be.. Abeit at the level where he can thrive and hell get that extra split second to get his shots off.
Smallbone, Alceraz and Tella playing around him looks promising.
Bednerek, Stephens and Caleta Carr (if they all stay) could be top class at this level... If one of them goes I'd bring in a battle hardened Championship player from one of the better clubs.
Bazunu worries me. Pre season he's made two top saves but also two big errors. This could cost us big time next season.
Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 12:53 - Jul 23 with 1202 viewscocklebreath

Smallbone played well, he’ll prove a few on here wrong this season, it’s also a bonus he supports saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 12:58 - Jul 23 with 1194 viewsA1079

It was a good entertaining game with some good goals and some good passing but whichever keeper we use we look vulnerable to conceding an easy goal or two each game and at times our defence was less than convincing and we have to remember this was against fairly poor opposition.

When Fulham and Burnley went down they kept the core of their team, started the season really well scoring alot and not conceding and they largely maintained that momentum throughout. As things stand, whilst I think we will get some good results and some entertainment I don't see us being ready enough to do a Fulham or a Burnley.
Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 13:32 - Jul 23 with 1158 viewspjt50

Southampton At Reading The Pre Season Verdict on 12:58 - Jul 23 by A1079

It was a good entertaining game with some good goals and some good passing but whichever keeper we use we look vulnerable to conceding an easy goal or two each game and at times our defence was less than convincing and we have to remember this was against fairly poor opposition.

When Fulham and Burnley went down they kept the core of their team, started the season really well scoring alot and not conceding and they largely maintained that momentum throughout. As things stand, whilst I think we will get some good results and some entertainment I don't see us being ready enough to do a Fulham or a Burnley.

Burnley didn't start brilliantly. They only won one of their first 5 and 4 of their first 12 - although they did draw a lot. It wasn't until mid October that they really hit their stride. It will take Saints time to adjust.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024