Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ULEZ passes 10:19 - Jul 28 with 9735 viewsRangersDave

how many peeps are going to be fcu'kd up now?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

ULEZ passes on 11:38 - Jul 28 with 5843 viewsizlingtonhoop

Aaaaand again....

The delete switch is poised...
ULEZ passes on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 5708 viewsCateLeBonR

You can say what you like about about Mr Khan (and most people do) but he does get things done.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 12:14]
ULEZ passes on 12:47 - Jul 28 with 5601 viewsRs_Holy

ULEZ passes on 12:14 - Jul 28 by CateLeBonR

You can say what you like about about Mr Khan (and most people do) but he does get things done.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 12:14]

until May 2nd next year
ULEZ passes on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 5590 viewsChrisNW6

I guess anyone, who falls outside of this 🤷

Diesel cars and vans: 2015 models and newer
Petrol cars and vans: 2006 models or newer
For motorbikes, it's 2007 and up
ULEZ passes on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 5518 viewsthemodfather

clean air is a great idea, but clean the dust and crap from the TUBES first , some stations you can see the smog of dust hanging in the "air". horrible.
and secondly couldn't get why one area of london is meant to pay and not all of it, one or the other and lastly this is a BOJO original idea and sadiq is being made to finish it .
ULEZ passes on 13:05 - Jul 28 with 5513 viewsHAYESBOY

ULEZ passes on 12:50 - Jul 28 by ChrisNW6

I guess anyone, who falls outside of this 🤷

Diesel cars and vans: 2015 models and newer
Petrol cars and vans: 2006 models or newer
For motorbikes, it's 2007 and up

Its 10 percent of cars that this will affect.

Smells like a trout farm in here

ULEZ passes on 13:15 - Jul 28 with 5448 viewsLblock

In a repetition from the electric cars thread......

This is absolutely about peoples health and the........ pay attention at the back whilst I restate this with my deadpan expression Khanstyle.......... "4,000 premature deaths of Londoners each year"

It is absolutely not about grabbing money and rolling out a CCTV network of control by stealth under this guise.

But listen, if you've got £12.50 a day to spend you can just continue killing Londoners.
Zero irony.

There will be a procession of people saying their lycra isn't full of soot each morning as they cycle into work and their Tai Soya Milk Frappacino tastes soooooooooo much better. All for it.
Then their pockets will start to slowly have more space in them when the delivery driver charges more, the window cleaner can't get to them and a pricier fella is needed, when the builder whacks on extra ££££'s due to transport costs and then there will be tears of anguish in that Frappacino citing "cost of living crisis"

I long for the utopia where everybody just stops driving - the place will grind to an absolute standstill and Khant and the rest will be in a mess looking for something else to tax

London is becoming an increasingly difficult city to live in.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

ULEZ passes on 13:16 - Jul 28 with 5443 viewsLblock

ULEZ passes on 13:05 - Jul 28 by HAYESBOY

Its 10 percent of cars that this will affect.

At the moment

Login to get fewer ads

ULEZ passes on 13:17 - Jul 28 with 5439 viewsG_Ottershaw

Think the whole thing is one big con because TFL are fundamentally bankrupt!

Does anyone have a 'ball park' figure of how many vehicles this is likely to affect? Is it now actually quite a small number of vehicles?
ULEZ passes on 13:25 - Jul 28 with 5412 viewsLblock

ULEZ passes on 13:04 - Jul 28 by themodfather

clean air is a great idea, but clean the dust and crap from the TUBES first , some stations you can see the smog of dust hanging in the "air". horrible.
and secondly couldn't get why one area of london is meant to pay and not all of it, one or the other and lastly this is a BOJO original idea and sadiq is being made to finish it .

Just to add -- that tube dust is 32% asbestos in some cases.

Also -- that tw@t Boris did start it but I don't think he was looking to do tis expansion. Far from it

ULEZ passes on 13:30 - Jul 28 with 5398 viewsQPR_Jim

ULEZ passes on 13:15 - Jul 28 by Lblock

This is absolutely about peoples health and the........ pay attention at the back whilst I restate this with my deadpan expression Khanstyle.......... "4,000 premature deaths of Londoners each year"

It is absolutely not about grabbing money and rolling out a CCTV network of control by stealth under this guise.

But listen, if you've got £12.50 a day to spend you can just continue killing Londoners.
Zero irony.

There will be a procession of people saying their lycra isn't full of soot each morning as they cycle into work and their Tai Soya Milk Frappacino tastes soooooooooo much better. All for it.
Then their pockets will start to slowly have more space in them when the delivery driver charges more, the window cleaner can't get to them and a pricier fella is needed, when the builder whacks on extra ££££'s due to transport costs and then there will be tears of anguish in that Frappacino citing "cost of living crisis"

I long for the utopia where everybody just stops driving - the place will grind to an absolute standstill and Khant and the rest will be in a mess looking for something else to tax

Also in repetition of the electric car thread - The taxation approach to air pollution is in keeping with our stance on other potentially deadly activities. We are all still free to drink or smoke ourselves into an early grave, merely taxed for the pleasure, so I'm not sure why you'd expect them to take a harsher line with cars. Pollution wise you can still use 100's of bags a year for your shopping if you want but you'll have to pay for it.

It genuinely is no different approach than they take with any other thing that's bad for your health or the environment, so not sure what all the fuss and name calling is about.
ULEZ passes on 13:32 - Jul 28 with 5379 viewsMick_S

Zero irony.

I’m with you there, lb. and I hate that because I’m so proud of where I’m from and where I live, albeit on the outskirts of west London. We’ll be off soon.

The tradespeople I know and grew up with are now sticking that extra charge, and the rest, on their daily and weekly rate, as you know.

Of course, I can see the bigger picture-sorry about that one; goodness knows how this situation can be dealt with, but it seems to me that there are so many that are going to be clobbered by this.

Mate of mine - who is on his way out of London now, said he feels he’s being forced out of the place he loves.

I do get what’s going on, but far too many hard working people are going to get a kicking here - and it’s going on your daily rate when you need someone in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

ULEZ passes on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 5331 viewsizlingtonhoop

On the other hand, re the Olympics, Ken did all the work, and Alex grabbed, actually grabbed the credit.

What an operator.
ULEZ passes on 14:07 - Jul 28 with 5245 viewsderbyhoop

ULEZ passes on 13:17 - Jul 28 by G_Ottershaw

Think the whole thing is one big con because TFL are fundamentally bankrupt!

Does anyone have a 'ball park' figure of how many vehicles this is likely to affect? Is it now actually quite a small number of vehicles?

I saw a report (RAC??) that 700k vehicles would be affected in Outer London.

Very few petrol cars will be affected, but diesel vehicles much more.
What"s needed is an improved exchange scheme. Public transport is not going to get any better outside of Zone 2.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

ULEZ passes on 14:20 - Jul 28 with 5201 viewsHAYESBOY

ULEZ passes on 13:16 - Jul 28 by Lblock

At the moment

That's correct.

It will get smaller as the older cars are fazed out.

Smells like a trout farm in here

ULEZ passes on 14:37 - Jul 28 with 5146 viewsswisscottage

Zero irony.

I moved 'out' of London ( Royal Docks area) to Rickmansworth 11 years ago and its the best single decision I've ever made. the only time I ever go into London now is for football and about 6 visits to family in SE London .. all of which are far easier on train and tube than driving at 20 miles an hour increasing my risk of an accident as I spend more like looking at my speedometer that paying attention to what's on the frickin road. The only time I drive through London now is on Christmas day. Thankfully Hertfordshire is not covered by the ULEZ.

The only annoyance is my 'quick route' to White City ( Drive to Ruislip Gardens and Central Line in) is now ULEZED... However as I've upped my walking as exercise, I now treat going to the Rs as an opportunity for two 4 mile walks to and from Marylebone... so thank you Mr Khan for the added incentive.
ULEZ passes on 15:02 - Jul 28 with 5051 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ULEZ passes on 13:16 - Jul 28 by Lblock

At the moment

Yes, if he's re-elected next year expect him to move the goalposts for petrol cars, like he did for diesel cars when the ULEZ zone was initially expanded to Hangar Lane.
ULEZ passes on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 5035 viewsRamseyR

First they came for the diesels.....
ULEZ passes on 15:27 - Jul 28 with 4969 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ULEZ passes on 14:20 - Jul 28 by HAYESBOY

That's correct.

It will get smaller as the older cars are fazed out.

On the contrary, it'll get larger because Khan will alter the threshold for petrol cars. Then once he's done that, he'll find reasons to target Hybrids.

At the moment, the current ULEZ standard for diesel cars is Euro 6 but it's only Euro 4 for petrol cars. If he raises this standard to Euro 6, overnight millions of petrol cars registered between 2006 and 2015 will become liable to the charge.

Khan's got form for this. Prior to the extension to Hangar Lane, most diesel cars registered from 2012 were compliant. When the extension came in, Khan raised the threshold for diesel cars to 2015.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2023 15:37]
ULEZ passes on 15:39 - Jul 28 with 4939 viewsLazyFan

This happens when people don't target corporations for their mess; the working person has to pay for it. Doing that through the government means they don't even have to front it.

I am sure if it has not been done already, it will be outsourced to a private company to collect and then this will be sold to an energy company who then claim they offsite their fossil fuels by financing green tax like this.

zzzzzzzzzz

ULEZ passes on 15:54 - Jul 28 with 4883 viewsdutch

Don't normally contribute to political debates on here, stick to football, but there's lots of piffle being repeated here. Quite how you turn cleaner air for our kids to breathe into a bad/evil thing I've no idea. Should we go back to coal fired smogs? Pollution fed pea-soupers? How about pouring our human waste out of windows again.

Sorry but this is a party politically motivated campaign by right wing outer London boroughs (remember fares fair?) to try and overturn the mandate of a Labour Mayor who has won majorities twice. I live in inner London and the air quality is better, it works.
ULEZ passes on 15:54 - Jul 28 with 4878 viewscolinallcars

I had a mate who worked on the underground. He said they had a team of workers called “fluffers” that went into the tunnels at about 1am to do the cleaning.
Notta lotta people know that.
ULEZ passes on 15:59 - Jul 28 with 4847 viewsswisscottage

ULEZ passes on 15:54 - Jul 28 by colinallcars

I had a mate who worked on the underground. He said they had a team of workers called “fluffers” that went into the tunnels at about 1am to do the cleaning.
Notta lotta people know that.

The only fluffers I know do a different sort of cleaning.
ULEZ passes on 17:25 - Jul 28 with 4701 viewsBenny_the_Ball

ULEZ passes on 15:54 - Jul 28 by dutch

Don't normally contribute to political debates on here, stick to football, but there's lots of piffle being repeated here. Quite how you turn cleaner air for our kids to breathe into a bad/evil thing I've no idea. Should we go back to coal fired smogs? Pollution fed pea-soupers? How about pouring our human waste out of windows again.

Sorry but this is a party politically motivated campaign by right wing outer London boroughs (remember fares fair?) to try and overturn the mandate of a Labour Mayor who has won majorities twice. I live in inner London and the air quality is better, it works.

Inner London, I agree. Traffic is slow and this results in more emissions. It's the extension to Greater London that is debateable. Khan's own studies showed that extending the zone will make little to no difference to air quality in Outer London.

Moreover, if you look at policies in general, they're at odds with each other. For example, schemes like LTNs and 20mph zones result in more pollution. ICE cars are dirtier when running at low speed, in a low gear. Forcing them to drive through particular routes only increases congestion and, therefore, emissions.

This lack of supporting evidence and joined up approach demonstrates overwhelmingly that the extension to Outer London is little more than a cash grab.
ULEZ passes on 18:27 - Jul 28 with 4570 viewsArty

ULEZ passes on 13:30 - Jul 28 by QPR_Jim

Also in repetition of the electric car thread - The taxation approach to air pollution is in keeping with our stance on other potentially deadly activities. We are all still free to drink or smoke ourselves into an early grave, merely taxed for the pleasure, so I'm not sure why you'd expect them to take a harsher line with cars. Pollution wise you can still use 100's of bags a year for your shopping if you want but you'll have to pay for it.

It genuinely is no different approach than they take with any other thing that's bad for your health or the environment, so not sure what all the fuss and name calling is about.

Shame he cannot tax knife crime as that is just as much of a threat to young people's lives in London.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024