Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays 23:48 - Jul 29 with 7194 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60526
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:36 - Jul 30 with 1966 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:38 - Jul 30 by hubble

You know what this sounds like.... despite the insane amount of positive spin Gazza puts out, the players ain't playing for him.

I'm just trying to imagine what's it's like for them: starting last season with hyper-modern yet matey approach Beale who turns out to be an eel; start all over as winter bites with modern-approach coach Critch, who's so overwhelmed he can't resist a bitch; ditch him and replace with Cro-Magnon man. Maybe they're suffering some kind of football equivalent of PTSD?

You're right, they are not playing for him, just like they didnt play for Critchley.
They have never been a team for high pressing, never did it under Warburton, but I just dont think they can do it, or want to do it.

But the tactics are just plain weird. Why split Chair and Willock out wide when they work best next to each other more central.
Dykes still isolated due to Chair and Willock being split.
Aimless balls behind the opposition full backs, for Willocck and Chair to chase, neither of whom are speed demons.

There is no structure or patterns of play. Gareth has already got that 1000 yard stare.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 1896 viewsLblock

FFP means we can’t add to the squad

I’m calling that out.
Yes the rules MIGHT mean we can’t but I think the club is wilfully hiding behind it

We’ve seen breaches result in suspended points deductions, paltry 3 or 6 points removed and/or embargo’s and EFL plans
For me I’d take the risk and invest in the squad if I’m a committed owner as without it you’re basically saying you’re imposing a 24 point deduction to start the season in any case. Get players in to amass 60 points minimum and then drag out the hearing to the summer anyway if you can. You’ve then at least got a gelled squad for next year and safe this.
Then youve got the scenario where let’s say the club puts five mill on the table to invest in the playing squad. Is there a man jack in the building you’d trust to make correct transfer targets? It’s a no from me

Bungle has fled and I’d say Ruben has had enough.
The death spin looks like it’s going into acceleration this year.

Sad state of affairs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 16:11 - Jul 30 with 1876 viewsQPROslo

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:59 - Jul 30 by Lblock

FFP means we can’t add to the squad

I’m calling that out.
Yes the rules MIGHT mean we can’t but I think the club is wilfully hiding behind it

We’ve seen breaches result in suspended points deductions, paltry 3 or 6 points removed and/or embargo’s and EFL plans
For me I’d take the risk and invest in the squad if I’m a committed owner as without it you’re basically saying you’re imposing a 24 point deduction to start the season in any case. Get players in to amass 60 points minimum and then drag out the hearing to the summer anyway if you can. You’ve then at least got a gelled squad for next year and safe this.
Then youve got the scenario where let’s say the club puts five mill on the table to invest in the playing squad. Is there a man jack in the building you’d trust to make correct transfer targets? It’s a no from me

Bungle has fled and I’d say Ruben has had enough.
The death spin looks like it’s going into acceleration this year.

Sad state of affairs

You may be right. But the obvious problem is with our Previous in the eyes of the EFL, the penalty probably won't be Paltry so the Risk would be huge.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 17:15 - Jul 30 with 1762 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Well I guess the prediction league should be a bit easier this season in theory at least.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 17:52 - Jul 30 with 1660 viewsBushRanger82

Two words.

Bloody hell.

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 20:05 - Jul 30 with 1464 viewsngbqpr

Thanks as per Clive.

I typed a massive contribution to this thread, straight from the heart, then managed to delete it just before posting.

So if the players can't be bothered, well neither can I, so you're all saved my emotional outpouring.

I'm a happy clapper as a rule...and whatever the opposite of a knee jerk reaction is, that's where I normally sit...but given how the manager always gets sacked not the players cos it's cheaper, especially when you're skint...I'd seriously consider a managerial change now. I love Gaz, but everything really does scream "this ain't working"...and tho the squad is paper thin, there surely must be someone who could get enough of a tune out of Chair, Willock, Dykes, Field, Paal, Dunne and Begovic (while juggling the supporting cast) to make us just a tad more competitive?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 22:20 - Jul 30 with 1335 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 20:05 - Jul 30 by ngbqpr

Thanks as per Clive.

I typed a massive contribution to this thread, straight from the heart, then managed to delete it just before posting.

So if the players can't be bothered, well neither can I, so you're all saved my emotional outpouring.

I'm a happy clapper as a rule...and whatever the opposite of a knee jerk reaction is, that's where I normally sit...but given how the manager always gets sacked not the players cos it's cheaper, especially when you're skint...I'd seriously consider a managerial change now. I love Gaz, but everything really does scream "this ain't working"...and tho the squad is paper thin, there surely must be someone who could get enough of a tune out of Chair, Willock, Dykes, Field, Paal, Dunne and Begovic (while juggling the supporting cast) to make us just a tad more competitive?

Apart from the fortuitous goal, I dont think we had a meaningful shot against Wimbledon, and now nothing against Oxford.
No shape, or structure to speak of. It is painful to watch.

Pull the trigger now, because as u said, this ain't working.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:28 - Jul 31 with 1058 viewsTeddRanger

Superb writing Clive -again.
Login to get fewer ads

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:41 - Jul 31 with 1045 viewsmonners1969

A brilliant piece as ever, Ive said it before and I'll say it again but we are lucky to have you.

Before even mentioning the football - I wanted to focus on the Childhood stuff.

I was lucky, kept both my parents well in to my 30s, both were irish teachers and so we packed off to dublin every July and spent the summers in the dirty old town that used to be Dublin.

I enjoyed school life - still got 3 idiot mates from my time there, so not having that enjoyment must have been brutally tough.

Your Dad sounds like a top bloke (delivering opening season tickets to school was a nice touch) and Im sure you miss him.

My point of this ramble, is that I wish someone at the club would print that article out and stick it over the newly smelling vinyl logos at thre training ground.

Because QPR is nothing without you and all the mad rabble on this forum board - and from top to bottom it feels like everyone has forgotten that. Maybe it was the COVID disconnect, Maybe its a Social MEdia thing or maybe its that this new age of FIFA/I want your shirt signs/which player is up for Sexual allegations this month Football which has set an ever increasing divide between players clubs and fans.

All I can say is that I'm a fair weather fan who gets in between 3 and 10 games a season depending on Rugby Coaching commitments and who we have mid week at home, and I am in utter awe of you and the mad rabble that continue to support this club with all your breath.

I hope that the latest debacle will fire them in to some action, I hope GA succeeds in restoring some pride, I hope that 3 or 4 of the Youth players will step up in the next 18 months, but most of all I hope you stay in love with what you do for this forum - because frankly it feels like it all weve got to look forward to at the moment.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 10:43]
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 1030 viewsNorthernr

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:41 - Jul 31 by monners1969

A brilliant piece as ever, Ive said it before and I'll say it again but we are lucky to have you.

Before even mentioning the football - I wanted to focus on the Childhood stuff.

I was lucky, kept both my parents well in to my 30s, both were irish teachers and so we packed off to dublin every July and spent the summers in the dirty old town that used to be Dublin.

I enjoyed school life - still got 3 idiot mates from my time there, so not having that enjoyment must have been brutally tough.

Your Dad sounds like a top bloke (delivering opening season tickets to school was a nice touch) and Im sure you miss him.

My point of this ramble, is that I wish someone at the club would print that article out and stick it over the newly smelling vinyl logos at thre training ground.

Because QPR is nothing without you and all the mad rabble on this forum board - and from top to bottom it feels like everyone has forgotten that. Maybe it was the COVID disconnect, Maybe its a Social MEdia thing or maybe its that this new age of FIFA/I want your shirt signs/which player is up for Sexual allegations this month Football which has set an ever increasing divide between players clubs and fans.

All I can say is that I'm a fair weather fan who gets in between 3 and 10 games a season depending on Rugby Coaching commitments and who we have mid week at home, and I am in utter awe of you and the mad rabble that continue to support this club with all your breath.

I hope that the latest debacle will fire them in to some action, I hope GA succeeds in restoring some pride, I hope that 3 or 4 of the Youth players will step up in the next 18 months, but most of all I hope you stay in love with what you do for this forum - because frankly it feels like it all weve got to look forward to at the moment.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 10:43]

Thanks mate, I'll keep the Union barbs to a minimum this season
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:03 - Jul 31 with 989 viewsmonners1969

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:44 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Thanks mate, I'll keep the Union barbs to a minimum this season

Im allowing you open season on Union barbs - you need all the respite you can get
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:57 - Jul 31 with 951 viewsMedwayR

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:02 - Jul 30 by SK_hoops

It's that line about Oxford getting that Notts County player who is really good that gets me. We just don't seem to be aware of players like this existing at the minute. Other than that Fulham defender, we've signed Begovic who every man and his dog knows, Smyth who literally used to play for us, Fox who plays in the same division as us and we've got a Wycombe player on trial (and were after Lewis Wing). Just seems like lazy recruitment.

I think our recruitment has been lazy for years. Surely our strategy should be to pick up the best young players from non-league, lower league, and those released by prem academies, in addition to promoting our own youth players. Bar the odd exception, we've not done a lot of that over the years. Relied on expensive loans instead...

I also think a lot of championship level players don't want to play for GA.

Poll: Who’s better?

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 12:28 - Jul 31 with 915 viewswestberksr

farking hell its going to be a long season {or done by about mid January!}

great writing Clive and confirms my decision to decline an invite into a box with an Oxford Utd mate was the right one.

are there 2 or 3 emergency signings in the offing after this? if not we are doomed!

can't believe that with GA's L1 & 2 knowledge that we've only managed to hook 2 released players for the championship or higher.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 842 viewsHayesender

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:57 - Jul 31 by MedwayR

I think our recruitment has been lazy for years. Surely our strategy should be to pick up the best young players from non-league, lower league, and those released by prem academies, in addition to promoting our own youth players. Bar the odd exception, we've not done a lot of that over the years. Relied on expensive loans instead...

I also think a lot of championship level players don't want to play for GA.

I don't wanna start another debate about Andy Belk, but what the hell does he do?

There's no way his stats computer told him to have a look at Dominic Gape

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 16:52 - Jul 31 with 706 viewstkqpr

Superb writing, being a 70's child growing up with one parent - then none, no heating, barely any food or a good winter coat that fitted and in Lincolnshire as well it painted a picture similiar to mine. It stimulated a purge of emotions in me and can only hope this was cathartic for you.

Anyway you tart - you say Ruben Rodrigues was superb and availble on a free and also i believe Branagan was at the end of his contract and availble on a free yet decided to resign for the club. A couple of missed opportunities perhaps? Still lets hope Dozzell can justify the £1m we paid for him this season eh??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024