Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saudi League 07:54 - Aug 4 with 2489 viewsHeisenberg

Lots of discussion leading to the Saudi clubs being allowed into the Champions League and that the next round of TV rights will be led by the Middle East calling the shots. The big clubs finally getting a world league possibly with the US clubs as well. Liverpool v Miami and Man Utd v Saudi club double bill super special. All yours for £50. Featuring Messi, Ronaldo and MBappe.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Saudi League on 07:58 - Aug 4 with 2455 viewsPatfromPoole

Bring it on.

Sooner they all sod off, the better.

They will soon get bored with it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saudi League on 08:04 - Aug 4 with 2449 viewsHeisenberg

Saudi League on 07:58 - Aug 4 by PatfromPoole

Bring it on.

Sooner they all sod off, the better.

They will soon get bored with it.

Let’s hope so. I can see a world league or a wider Champions League. The Yanks and the Saudis will want a big slice of the soccer pie as they call it. Money will go to those leagues alongside global TV rights. Let’s hope the big clubs here follow it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'

Saudi League on 07:15 - Aug 5 with 2270 viewsSaintRiyadh

There is a real appetite here in Saudi to improve the quality of the league, and they have the cash to support a continuous quality drive.

The grounds / pitches, are not at the level that these players are used to, its not like the stadiums in Qatar world Cup quality. If the investment in infrastructure comes it will be a different level.

1.5 hours away from Dubai on a plane (Private Jet) these players love the Dubai lifestyle

Saudi is changing, this is not going away. The people are very knowledgeable on the western players and game, this will become a threat to the Premiership.

What is happening is a very tiny part of a plan, in 5 years time we will be watching the Saudi League as we do the Spanish, and Italian.

I have lived in Riyadh for 15 years there is great excitement over what is happening and its not going to go away.
Saudi League on 07:33 - Aug 5 with 2252 viewsDellbert_Wilkins

Saudi League on 07:15 - Aug 5 by SaintRiyadh

There is a real appetite here in Saudi to improve the quality of the league, and they have the cash to support a continuous quality drive.

The grounds / pitches, are not at the level that these players are used to, its not like the stadiums in Qatar world Cup quality. If the investment in infrastructure comes it will be a different level.

1.5 hours away from Dubai on a plane (Private Jet) these players love the Dubai lifestyle

Saudi is changing, this is not going away. The people are very knowledgeable on the western players and game, this will become a threat to the Premiership.

What is happening is a very tiny part of a plan, in 5 years time we will be watching the Saudi League as we do the Spanish, and Italian.

I have lived in Riyadh for 15 years there is great excitement over what is happening and its not going to go away.

That's what was said about China's brief foray into football.
Saudi League on 09:46 - Aug 5 with 2153 viewsChesham_Saint

I’m no fan of those just stop oil tvvats, but this Saudi and world league is utterly appalling from a green perspective. Millions and millions of miles of unnecessary air travel.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saudi League on 10:31 - Aug 5 with 2111 viewsHeisenberg

‘In 5 years time we will be watching the Saudi league’. No we won’t. Why would anyone want to watch it ?

Saudi League on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 1997 viewssolent_toffee

Saudi League on 10:31 - Aug 5 by Heisenberg

‘In 5 years time we will be watching the Saudi league’. No we won’t. Why would anyone want to watch it ?

Telly clapping foreigners will love it as will kids with no affiliation to their local clubs and follow players. Let them have it and leave the game to get back to the real clubs and fans.
Saudi League on 08:26 - Aug 6 with 1865 viewskingolaf

Absolute horsesh*t
Login to get fewer ads

Saudi League on 07:06 - Aug 7 with 1794 viewsCity_boy

It will be interesting to see how many of these players actually see out their contracts and stay for 3 years, especially those who are still good enough to play in the top European sides.

Yes, they are earning bucket loads of money, on top of the wealth they already have, but will they be able to sustain the life style, heat, culture and laws out there ?

I really don't see the appeal of watching a bunch of players in their twilight years together with players of Div 1 standard. I say Div 1, as I don't recall many Saudi players making a living in Europe. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it either.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 7:10]
Saudi League on 07:22 - Aug 7 with 1781 viewsPatfromPoole

Saudi League on 07:06 - Aug 7 by City_boy

It will be interesting to see how many of these players actually see out their contracts and stay for 3 years, especially those who are still good enough to play in the top European sides.

Yes, they are earning bucket loads of money, on top of the wealth they already have, but will they be able to sustain the life style, heat, culture and laws out there ?

I really don't see the appeal of watching a bunch of players in their twilight years together with players of Div 1 standard. I say Div 1, as I don't recall many Saudi players making a living in Europe. I certainly wouldn't pay to watch it either.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2023 7:10]

They’ll probably just go for 1 year and make ridiculous riches, before negotiating a move back to wherever they came from.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saudi League on 15:17 - Aug 7 with 1718 viewssaint901

I'd love to see all those has been mercenaries stand up and highlight some of the human rights abuses, suppression of women, strangling of a free press, and countless other abuses.

Will never happen (or not until their contracts end and they discover a conscience at the bottom of their cash pile).

If you're a bad regime, then trying to buy a clean image is literally endlessly expensive.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024