Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same old same old 17:13 - Aug 12 with 4753 viewsMeonsaint

Well that's the Russell Martin bounce back feel good factor over ! Same problems as the previous seasons. We just can't defend.
When are our managers ever going to learn ? You can't win any football matches without a decent defence.
In over 50 years of watching the Saints, Bazuna has to be the worst goal keeper ever to don the number 1 jersey. He is absolutely bloody useless. Same as last season, nearly every shot on target seems to go in.
A lucky draw. A pat on the back to the players for a battling draw but goodness me, shocking defending. As Souness would say too many defenders going to sleep at crucial times of the game, Manning especially for the 4th. As a pro footballer not being able to control the ball with his right foot in a dangerous defending situation is unacceptable. I suppose this is the standards and levels of performances that we have to get used to ?
Rant over.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 17:15]
Same old same old on 09:00 - Aug 13 with 961 viewsbarry_sanchez

People are forgetting or not knowing it will be by virtue of not having the quality of a higher leagues players it will be more exciting as there'll be more mistakes, but our mistakes at the back are f***ing criminal, it will be this season more back and forth as the players won't to be able to retain the ball in higher positions as they'll be chased down, sure we can have in our own half for fifa stats but we don't have the players for tika taka in the final 3rd but neither does any other team, the premier league you need footballers, this league we need more athletic players who can get up and down for 90 minutes.
We need a goal keeper and two centre backs also massively, ours are shite.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Same old same old on 09:34 - Aug 13 with 917 viewsRon11

Same old same old on 19:51 - Aug 12 by Heisenberg

3 games in. Unbeaten in the league and some seem to have written off RM forgetting he has taken over a poor side that is going to take time to turn around. The Gillingham game was used to assess the squad which he soon found is lacking in both quality and commitment. Add to that losing JWP, Lavia and others likely to leave I honestly have no idea what people expect. Give the guy a chance at least.

'Unbeaten in the league'
Two games in . With that defence we know it's coming. Let's hope they bring in an experienced keeper and two more defenders. Stephens as captain is a bad joke, allegedly he had a good season at Bournemouth but he had better defenders round him there.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 9:38]
Same old same old on 09:39 - Aug 13 with 908 viewsRon11

Absolutely. Get that done and things will look a whole lot better.
Same old same old on 10:16 - Aug 13 with 852 viewscocklebreath

Same old same old on 18:18 - Aug 12 by saint22

Cracking game and entertaining maybe
Conceding 4 at home with poor defending again isn’t good
Don’t dress it up any other way if we want promotion we need a new keeper and a leader or two at the back NOW

F&ck off you c()nt I walked away from the game happy it was fun, we just need a keeper who saves shots

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Same old same old on 10:24 - Aug 13 with 838 viewsdirk_doone

Same old same old on 22:28 - Aug 12 by Chesham_Saint

Entertaining? Yes - to a degree if you don’t mind seeing SFC let in goals like a schoolboy team. But I need to see wins and that defence is an absolute crock of shit. Get Perraud back in for starters.

I see no reason yet to rejoice at the appointment of RM.

The mediocre Championship full backs we have brought in, Bree and Manning, are not as good as Perraud, The early signs of our transfer activity are that it involves replacing our better first team players with worse ones, just good enough for a mid-table Championship team, like Swansea, which is perhaps why we got their manager, while the owners get on with their main business of buying and selling teenagers from the big clubs' academies.

So far, there is little evidence that SR are that bothered about building a team capable of winning the Championship and, to be fair, neither are many of our fans. So, we look set to become an established mid-table Championship team, like Stoke, Birmingham or Swansea. Ask any of their fans and they will tell you the novelty of that wears off quite quickly.

Ask our optimistic fans where they think we will finish this season and they will say mid-table with an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs and they are happy with that; ask our pessimistic fans where they think we will finish and they will say mid-table with an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs and they are unhappy with that.

As for the entertainment of a 4-4 home draw with Norwich, it was a big step down from our last home game, a 4-4 draw with Liverpool.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Same old same old on 10:27 - Aug 13 with 834 viewscocklebreath

Same old same old on 10:24 - Aug 13 by dirk_doone

The mediocre Championship full backs we have brought in, Bree and Manning, are not as good as Perraud, The early signs of our transfer activity are that it involves replacing our better first team players with worse ones, just good enough for a mid-table Championship team, like Swansea, which is perhaps why we got their manager, while the owners get on with their main business of buying and selling teenagers from the big clubs' academies.

So far, there is little evidence that SR are that bothered about building a team capable of winning the Championship and, to be fair, neither are many of our fans. So, we look set to become an established mid-table Championship team, like Stoke, Birmingham or Swansea. Ask any of their fans and they will tell you the novelty of that wears off quite quickly.

Ask our optimistic fans where they think we will finish this season and they will say mid-table with an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs and they are happy with that; ask our pessimistic fans where they think we will finish and they will say mid-table with an outside chance of scraping into the play-offs and they are unhappy with that.

As for the entertainment of a 4-4 home draw with Norwich, it was a big step down from our last home game, a 4-4 draw with Liverpool.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:26]

Or ask me and I’d say too 6 as long as we sack Bazanu useless cooont

Same old same old on 10:37 - Aug 13 with 826 viewsdirk_doone

Same old same old on 10:27 - Aug 13 by cocklebreath

Or ask me and I’d say too 6 as long as we sack Bazanu useless cooont

But, he would only be replaced by McCarthy, who is worse, or another one of the mediocre Championship players we've brought in, Lumley. That's my point: there is no upgrading to become a top team. It's all about downgrading to a comfortable mid-table squad.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:38]

Same old same old on 10:48 - Aug 13 with 803 viewscocklebreath

Same old same old on 10:37 - Aug 13 by dirk_doone

But, he would only be replaced by McCarthy, who is worse, or another one of the mediocre Championship players we've brought in, Lumley. That's my point: there is no upgrading to become a top team. It's all about downgrading to a comfortable mid-table squad.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:38]

You’re wrong Dirk, a decent champ keeper makes a big difference

Login to get fewer ads

Same old same old on 10:54 - Aug 13 with 795 viewsdirk_doone

Same old same old on 10:48 - Aug 13 by cocklebreath

You’re wrong Dirk, a decent champ keeper makes a big difference

Yes, he does, but we're not getting one. We got Lumley instead. Leaking goals like a sieve, as long as we also score a similar number, will still see us finish mid-table. Ask Swansea, who also have 2 dodgy goalkeepers.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 10:57]

Same old same old on 10:57 - Aug 13 with 791 viewsChesham_Saint

Same old same old on 10:16 - Aug 13 by cocklebreath

F&ck off you c()nt I walked away from the game happy it was fun, we just need a keeper who saves shots

Wow, Cocks, I assume you know this guy? “Coont” is a bit strong for a perfectly valid opinion. Yes it was entertaining, but we were shit at the back (not just the keeper) and we won’t succeed with that.

I want Saints to win games consistently - if I want to watch happy clappy goal fests I’ll walk to my local park and watch a kickabout.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Same old same old on 11:03 - Aug 13 with 774 viewscocklebreath

Same old same old on 10:57 - Aug 13 by Chesham_Saint

Wow, Cocks, I assume you know this guy? “Coont” is a bit strong for a perfectly valid opinion. Yes it was entertaining, but we were shit at the back (not just the keeper) and we won’t succeed with that.

I want Saints to win games consistently - if I want to watch happy clappy goal fests I’ll walk to my local park and watch a kickabout.

Maybe a bit strong but after 2/3 years of utter sh!te I enjoyed that and yes every time Norwich had the ball I thought a goal was coming. This season we’ll score 90 and concede 70. Fun times

Same old same old on 16:55 - Aug 13 with 681 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I enjoyed the game too and left happy, especially with us scoring late rather than the endless times we seem to leave the stadium with the away support in full voice after a late goal or two at the Northam end.
All that said we conceded one awful plus two poor goals and even the cracking shot by the Brazilian lad should have been closed down.
Jack Stephens made a terrific saving tackle in the 1st half when a goal seemed a certainty and there were a couple of other occasions when the defence was split open.
Two of our goals came from penalties which were not definitely not goal threatening opportunities.
Mind you wouldnt it have been great if Alcarez's fizzer right had the death gone in rather than narrowly missing the goal?
Same old same old on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 608 viewssaint22

That’s the problem isn’t it
We were entertaining but we were awful at the back again as we have been for 2 or 3 years and that’s why I am bored of it
We never learn and scoring loads is no good if you concede loads too
Anyone with half a brain knows defending well and having a great keeper to stop goals and is what every winning team needs
Same old same old on 22:35 - Aug 13 with 562 views1ASIN12

I agree I want to see Saints win games, I want to see Saints in the highest league possible and I want to see Saints win a cup .

However we are now a mid table championship club ( team) so have to see the positives in a point at home to a team that will be pushing the playoffs a good result , especially as we were losing until 2 minutes from the end .

Norwich will see it as 2 points dropped where we should see it as a point gained .

Unfortunately with our current owners that’s the way it is .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024