Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kicking off in Strady 18:53 - Aug 14 with 14054 viewsshingle

Watching a live stream video of it now Police inciting things by the look of it four of them forcefully grabbing and arresting an old man who has to be in his seventies and now they have realised he was the wrong guy and let the poor sod go crazy times.
Kicking off in Strady on 14:56 - Sep 3 with 832 viewsWhiterockin

Kicking off in Strady on 14:19 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Tbf I don’t think churches are closing due to immigration. It’s rapidly falling numbers over a long period of time.

There are schools that don’t do the nativity but it’s not the norm. I don’t they the Christmas is under threat thing rings true. Not at a national level anyway.

Gwyn it's been the norm in schools in several areas of Swansea for a while, mostly those with a high percentage of non white children.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Kicking off in Strady on 15:01 - Sep 3 with 824 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 13:03 - Sep 3 by howenjack

Getting closer OHL .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12469425/Our-sleepy-village-streets-ove

Nearer fireboy
The river helps us here

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kicking off in Strady on 15:05 - Sep 3 with 814 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 14:56 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

Gwyn it's been the norm in schools in several areas of Swansea for a while, mostly those with a high percentage of non white children.

I kinda get that, if that’s the community that’s being served.

I don’t think that those in more predominantly white areas are stopping.

Interestingly in my experience it’s not Muslims, Sikhs etc that have an issue and withdraw their children from Christmas, by far the most fundamentalist are Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Kicking off in Strady on 15:09 - Sep 3 with 803 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 13:03 - Sep 3 by howenjack

Getting closer OHL .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12469425/Our-sleepy-village-streets-ove

I’m not downplaying concerns but I don’t like this 4 star hotel narrative.

They’re not going to have a concierge and continental breakfast served to them are they?

It’s a room.
Kicking off in Strady on 15:13 - Sep 3 with 804 viewsWhiterockin

Kicking off in Strady on 15:05 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Interestingly in my experience it’s not Muslims, Sikhs etc that have an issue and withdraw their children from Christmas, by far the most fundamentalist are Jehovah’s Witnesses.

I was first aware of it about 2004. A girl working for me explained about the Christmas nativity issue, I'm pretty sure it was a school in the sand fields. It has become much more predominant since then with some schools becoming totally "non Christian" if that is the correct term. I can understand it, but it make inclusiveness difficult.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Kicking off in Strady on 15:17 - Sep 3 with 785 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 15:13 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

I was first aware of it about 2004. A girl working for me explained about the Christmas nativity issue, I'm pretty sure it was a school in the sand fields. It has become much more predominant since then with some schools becoming totally "non Christian" if that is the correct term. I can understand it, but it make inclusiveness difficult.

Depends where you are in the country too.

About a quarter of our school are faith based and some are in very multicultural areas.

My last school was about 60% Bangladeshi, but as it was a Church of England Aided school, those children had to be involved with everything, including Anglican mass.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:52]
Kicking off in Strady on 17:34 - Sep 3 with 755 viewshowenjack

Kicking off in Strady on 15:01 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Nearer fireboy
The river helps us here

They said the about the English channel
Kicking off in Strady on 18:41 - Sep 3 with 729 viewsshingle

Kicking off in Strady on 20:17 - Sep 2 by Kilkennyjack

No.

So what you think then if, this small island of ours becomes overcrowded due to countless thousands from other cultures and countries continuing to arrive in there droves to you think there will be no impact on our services etc and everything will be fine, what you reckon the conclusion will be.
Login to get fewer ads

Kicking off in Strady on 21:04 - Sep 3 with 683 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 15:17 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Depends where you are in the country too.

About a quarter of our school are faith based and some are in very multicultural areas.

My last school was about 60% Bangladeshi, but as it was a Church of England Aided school, those children had to be involved with everything, including Anglican mass.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 17:52]

The people that run faith schools, parents that support faith schools and teachers in faith schools I have a low opinion of, they only allow certain pupils in, those from a disadvantaged background they don't let in, which I think is awful.
There are some faiths that don't do this but some of the more well known faith's discriminate against disadvantaged children, there should be a law against it in this day and age but as we know England has a state religion and that country is often medieval in its outlook.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:05]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Kicking off in Strady on 21:08 - Sep 3 with 675 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 14:55 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Apologies if it’s came across like that - not my intention 👍

no need to apologise but thanks all the same .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kicking off in Strady on 21:21 - Sep 3 with 665 viewsTogg

Kicking off in Strady on 21:04 - Sep 3 by trampie

The people that run faith schools, parents that support faith schools and teachers in faith schools I have a low opinion of, they only allow certain pupils in, those from a disadvantaged background they don't let in, which I think is awful.
There are some faiths that don't do this but some of the more well known faith's discriminate against disadvantaged children, there should be a law against it in this day and age but as we know England has a state religion and that country is often medieval in its outlook.

'England has a state religion and the country is often medieval in its outlook '. We have the ' Church in Wales'. Chapel which I was Christened in to. We did have some draconian drinking regulations mind you. The Methodists in Wales were very much anti alcohol because there were loads of cases of men blowing their wages on booze and then abusing their spouses.The UK including England have some of the most tolerant laws when it comes to religion. Look at the mad mulah preachers who got away with violent anti Western vitriol you would ever hear. Try doing similar in Saudi , Iran, Pakistan etc .. good luck there. Remember we are joined at the hip with England. Many of us have relatives, friends, work colleagues and do business across the border You really need to reign in your xenophobic views.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:24 - Sep 3 with 662 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 21:04 - Sep 3 by trampie

Brilliant.

You literally couldn’t have written more incorrect things in a single paragraph.

I’m not going to bother with your opinions. They’re yours and that’s fine.

However, the massive majority of faith schools do not have any kind of religious requirement to their admissions. From a Christianity point of view it’s only really catholic schools. Same rules apply to staffing.

The point you make on disadvantaged children is simply wrong. No school which receives taxpayer money can apply any kind of admissions block for financial reasons.

Stop being a troll.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:32 - Sep 3 with 649 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 21:24 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Brilliant.

You literally couldn’t have written more incorrect things in a single paragraph.

I’m not going to bother with your opinions. They’re yours and that’s fine.

However, the massive majority of faith schools do not have any kind of religious requirement to their admissions. From a Christianity point of view it’s only really catholic schools. Same rules apply to staffing.

The point you make on disadvantaged children is simply wrong. No school which receives taxpayer money can apply any kind of admissions block for financial reasons.

Stop being a troll.

https://humanists.uk/2021/08/06/children-in-care-excluded-from-76-of-catholic-an

It seems that children in-care/been in-care are excluded from 76% of Catholic and 100% of Jewish secondary schools in England through their admissions policies according to research.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:39]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Kicking off in Strady on 21:40 - Sep 3 with 637 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 21:32 - Sep 3 by trampie

https://humanists.uk/2021/08/06/children-in-care-excluded-from-76-of-catholic-an

It seems that children in-care/been in-care are excluded from 76% of Catholic and 100% of Jewish secondary schools in England through their admissions policies according to research.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 21:39]

Yes. Exactly as I said. Catholic schools. (And the tiny amount of Jewish school).

I said any school that is centrally funded by the taxpayer cannot discriminate. This is the massive majority of faith schools.

Off you go.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:48 - Sep 3 with 621 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 21:40 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Yes. Exactly as I said. Catholic schools. (And the tiny amount of Jewish school).

I said any school that is centrally funded by the taxpayer cannot discriminate. This is the massive majority of faith schools.

Off you go.

I'm not wrong then am I, unless you think the article is wrong, perhaps you have been a teacher in Ingerland too long butt, troll my a*se, it's a disgrace that disadvantaged children in care in England (or anywhere else for that matter) are discriminated against by religious people running schools.

Kicking off in Strady on 21:56 - Sep 3 with 612 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 21:48 - Sep 3 by trampie

I'm not wrong then am I, unless you think the article is wrong, perhaps you have been a teacher in Ingerland too long butt, troll my a*se, it's a disgrace that disadvantaged children in care in England (or anywhere else for that matter) are discriminated against by religious people running schools.

Yes it’s trolling.

You take a tiny number pretend it represents the whole. Which it doesn’t.

I agree that faith based admission is wrong, but to suggest it’s the norm in faith school is just a lie.

Or trolling.
Kicking off in Strady on 21:57 - Sep 3 with 609 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 21:21 - Sep 3 by Togg

'England has a state religion and the country is often medieval in its outlook '. We have the ' Church in Wales'. Chapel which I was Christened in to. We did have some draconian drinking regulations mind you. The Methodists in Wales were very much anti alcohol because there were loads of cases of men blowing their wages on booze and then abusing their spouses.The UK including England have some of the most tolerant laws when it comes to religion. Look at the mad mulah preachers who got away with violent anti Western vitriol you would ever hear. Try doing similar in Saudi , Iran, Pakistan etc .. good luck there. Remember we are joined at the hip with England. Many of us have relatives, friends, work colleagues and do business across the border You really need to reign in your xenophobic views.

Any country like England that has a Monarchy, a state religion and an unelected chamber of Government (House of Lords) is medieval in outlook and that is not being xenophobic it's a fact England has a Monarchy, a state religion and an unelected chamber of Government.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 22:02]

Kicking off in Strady on 22:00 - Sep 3 with 600 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 21:56 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Yes it’s trolling.

You take a tiny number pretend it represents the whole. Which it doesn’t.

I agree that faith based admission is wrong, but to suggest it’s the norm in faith school is just a lie.

Or trolling.

I didn't suggest it was the norm I said some faiths that have faith schools don't do it, you are not very good at reading posts in their entirety for a teacher are you.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 22:01]

Kicking off in Strady on 22:03 - Sep 3 with 591 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 22:00 - Sep 3 by trampie

I didn't suggest it was the norm I said some faiths that have faith schools don't do it, you are not very good at reading posts in their entirety for a teacher are you.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 22:01]

Dress it up as you want.

You’re just being disingenuous.

That’s me out.
Kicking off in Strady on 22:13 - Sep 3 with 575 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 22:03 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

Dress it up as you want.

You’re just being disingenuous.

That’s me out.

What I said was fair enough (backed up by the article) and you tried to say I said something else.

The truth hurts sometimes Gwyn, I see unfairness and I don't like it, I will speak up for those that don't have much of a voice.

Kicking off in Strady on 22:18 - Sep 3 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 21:21 - Sep 3 by Togg

My mother,a Sandfield girl,used to go to Christ Church,by the jail.
This was Church offEngkand - in Wales

Church………of ………England

Welsh non conformism is synonymous with racism,sexisism,homophobia and sexual abuse although not as bad as Catholic Ireland .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kicking off in Strady on 22:57 - Sep 3 with 533 viewsTogg

Kicking off in Strady on 21:48 - Sep 3 by trampie

Not very articulate that post.. Ingerland a*se. . You've either been drinking or you're not that bright.
Kicking off in Strady on 22:58 - Sep 3 with 528 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kicking off in Strady on 15:13 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

So they should. Schools should be secular. If they want to believe in mumbo jumbo sky fairy nonsense creating the world by clicking their fingers then they can do it in their own time.

Education should be about facts.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Kicking off in Strady on 23:01 - Sep 3 with 521 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kicking off in Strady on 15:05 - Sep 3 by Gwyn737

That would be an ecumenical matter.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Kicking off in Strady on 23:02 - Sep 3 with 520 viewsTogg

Kicking off in Strady on 21:57 - Sep 3 by trampie

Any country like England that has a Monarchy, a state religion and an unelected chamber of Government (House of Lords) is medieval in outlook and that is not being xenophobic it's a fact England has a Monarchy, a state religion and an unelected chamber of Government.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 22:02]

I believe the whole of the UK (that includes Wales)has a monarchy. So do the Netherlands, Sweden and Spain. Honestly if you represent Welsh Nationalism , I want nothing to do with it and so do the majority of level headed Welsh people. Troll on mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024