Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kicking off in Strady 18:53 - Aug 14 with 14168 viewsshingle

Watching a live stream video of it now Police inciting things by the look of it four of them forcefully grabbing and arresting an old man who has to be in his seventies and now they have realised he was the wrong guy and let the poor sod go crazy times.
Kicking off in Strady on 18:24 - Aug 18 with 1652 viewsAnotherJohn

Kicking off in Strady on 14:27 - Aug 18 by Badgeman

Both the acceptance rates for asylum seekers and net migration were lower when Labour were last in charge. Your “little doubt” is founded on ignorance and a lack of understanding of numbers. Better luck next time.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01403/#:~:text=As%20of

The issue I mentioned came up recently when Yvette Cooper outlined Labour's current thinking on the problem, which centred on a successor to the Dublin Regulation. The situation regarding mobility across borders and numbers seeking to enter the UK illegally has changed a great deal since Labour was last in power in 2010. Rather than attempting any logical argument you go for the ad hominem dig. The numbers I mentioned come from the Home Office. Where did I go wrong in suggesting that they hardly show a scheme that was working well?
Kicking off in Strady on 19:13 - Aug 18 with 1598 viewsBadgeman

Kicking off in Strady on 18:24 - Aug 18 by AnotherJohn

The issue I mentioned came up recently when Yvette Cooper outlined Labour's current thinking on the problem, which centred on a successor to the Dublin Regulation. The situation regarding mobility across borders and numbers seeking to enter the UK illegally has changed a great deal since Labour was last in power in 2010. Rather than attempting any logical argument you go for the ad hominem dig. The numbers I mentioned come from the Home Office. Where did I go wrong in suggesting that they hardly show a scheme that was working well?

You said that you thought the problem would be worse under Labour. I pointed out that history demonstrates the opposite would be true using figures from the House of Commons library so yeah pure ad hominem 🙄

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Kicking off in Strady on 20:08 - Aug 18 with 1569 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 19:13 - Aug 18 by Badgeman

You said that you thought the problem would be worse under Labour. I pointed out that history demonstrates the opposite would be true using figures from the House of Commons library so yeah pure ad hominem 🙄

I get the impression you vote LBour.Always

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kicking off in Strady on 02:12 - Aug 19 with 1521 viewsswan65split

seen similar action when picketing, pick out the older quieter ones,just to start a incident.
Kicking off in Strady on 19:00 - Aug 19 with 1450 viewsshingle

Kicking off in Strady on 10:12 - Aug 18 by Whiterockin

There was an interesting piece on the news yesterday evening regarding the work being done on the French coast. This is quite successful by stopping migrants entering the water, slashing boats arrests ect but clearly not successful enough. Jointly funded by the UK with night surveillance helicopters and ground forces, this is where IMO we need to concentrate the financial resources. 70 miles of coastline is hard to manage, but it has to be done.

But it will not be Karma for our Grandchildren or there children because they will be the ones fighting to stop the British people having to kneel down and pray to Allah, do people honestly believe if this influx continues that everyone will get along in perfect harmony and these people abide by our laws and rules it is more of a case of a perfect storm brewing and slowly building.
Kicking off in Strady on 13:36 - Aug 20 with 1357 viewsBadgeman

Kicking off in Strady on 20:08 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

I get the impression you vote LBour.Always

F**k me, were you a detective?

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Kicking off in Strady on 13:42 - Aug 20 with 1352 viewsonehunglow

Kicking off in Strady on 13:36 - Aug 20 by Badgeman

F**k me, were you a detective?

I ll pass on the offer thanks Champ
Young people read this site ,y know .
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 13:43]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Kicking off in Strady on 20:34 - Aug 22 with 1210 viewsWingstandwood

Today’s ITV news headline....QUOTE: “250,000 families homeless as councils run out of temporary accommodation”.

That truly hits home the catastrophic situation that exists regarding the U.K housing shortage that’s affecting the U.K’s own population. ITV News blames successive U.K governments.

ALL grown-up’s with common sense, critical thinking ability and savvy to appraise the bleeding-bloody-obvious realises that there is a current and extremely serious existential crisis affecting all aspects of U.K infrastructure.

Two day ambulance waits, people pulling their own teeth out with pliers and G.P triage lines repeatedly closing into 5 minutes of their allocated 2 hour operating timeframe hey!

Housing? There are approx 1.2 million households on social housing waiting lists in England alone. Add to that the fact that there are approx 250,000 households experiencing homelessness including rough sleeping, sofa-surfing and B&B stays.

And add to that even further i.e. the fact that 85% of English councils report an increase in the number of homeless families needing support. 97% of councils are struggling to find rental properties for homeless British families

And what do the cloud-cuckoo-land idiots want? Yep! They want the Government (get HMS Bulwark out of the dock and start up the propeller's on the C130’s folks?) to open the floodgates by providing assisted/easier “official route” passage for yet more unsustainable numbers.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Kicking off in Strady on 21:28 - Aug 22 with 1171 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 20:34 - Aug 22 by Wingstandwood

Today’s ITV news headline....QUOTE: “250,000 families homeless as councils run out of temporary accommodation”.

That truly hits home the catastrophic situation that exists regarding the U.K housing shortage that’s affecting the U.K’s own population. ITV News blames successive U.K governments.

ALL grown-up’s with common sense, critical thinking ability and savvy to appraise the bleeding-bloody-obvious realises that there is a current and extremely serious existential crisis affecting all aspects of U.K infrastructure.

Two day ambulance waits, people pulling their own teeth out with pliers and G.P triage lines repeatedly closing into 5 minutes of their allocated 2 hour operating timeframe hey!

Housing? There are approx 1.2 million households on social housing waiting lists in England alone. Add to that the fact that there are approx 250,000 households experiencing homelessness including rough sleeping, sofa-surfing and B&B stays.

And add to that even further i.e. the fact that 85% of English councils report an increase in the number of homeless families needing support. 97% of councils are struggling to find rental properties for homeless British families

And what do the cloud-cuckoo-land idiots want? Yep! They want the Government (get HMS Bulwark out of the dock and start up the propeller's on the C130’s folks?) to open the floodgates by providing assisted/easier “official route” passage for yet more unsustainable numbers.

No one care to comment ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Kicking off in Strady on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 1158 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 20:34 - Aug 22 by Wingstandwood

Is there a way to control overpopulation ?.......hmm, I wonder if that will become a moral question the country and World will have to look at at some point in time
[Post edited 22 Aug 2023 21:50]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Kicking off in Strady on 21:51 - Aug 22 with 1142 viewstrampie

What is the saying age before beauty.....cough cough

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Kicking off in Strady on 22:21 - Aug 22 with 1112 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 21:28 - Aug 22 by Boundy

No one care to comment ?

It’s very sad and obviously asylum seekers are going to put pressure on living space capacity.

However, as a causal issue I’d say it’s down the list behind:

- Inflation
- A stagnant economy
- Low wages
- Cost of housing
- Lack of house building by successive governments
- Families with multi-generational unemployment
- Mortgage rates
- Landlords leaving the market
- The boom in student accommodation
- Energy prices
- Fuel prices

I’m sure there are more, the above are just quickly off the top of my head.
Kicking off in Strady on 07:05 - Aug 23 with 1049 viewsAnotherJohn

One of the young men who arrived on our shores recently posted a Tik Tok video recording his journey. Is he one of those desperate people who meet the 1951 UN Convention definition of refugee?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12433333/TikTok-Channel-migrant-films-j

I know this is from the Mail but the video comes from the young man himself. Click on that link within the article.
Kicking off in Strady on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 999 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 22:21 - Aug 22 by Gwyn737

It’s very sad and obviously asylum seekers are going to put pressure on living space capacity.

However, as a causal issue I’d say it’s down the list behind:

- Inflation
- A stagnant economy
- Low wages
- Cost of housing
- Lack of house building by successive governments
- Families with multi-generational unemployment
- Mortgage rates
- Landlords leaving the market
- The boom in student accommodation
- Energy prices
- Fuel prices

I’m sure there are more, the above are just quickly off the top of my head.

A rise in the population of 3.4 million in ten years ( England's figures which has impacted on the movement into Wales etc) and with it a decline in birth rates of the indigenous population may than indicates that asylum seekers have and are having far more impact on the housing market than your list shows . in fact all are intrinsically linked and to use for example the cost of living crisis only compounds the issue further which incidentally we were not experiencing when the Blair government created an open door policy to immigration .
Ireland is also struggling with its illegal immigration an which is having proportionally a huge impact on its population and with it a mirror of what local communities are experiencing here .

Kicking off in Strady on 09:15 - Aug 23 with 997 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 09:11 - Aug 23 by Boundy

A rise in the population of 3.4 million in ten years ( England's figures which has impacted on the movement into Wales etc) and with it a decline in birth rates of the indigenous population may than indicates that asylum seekers have and are having far more impact on the housing market than your list shows . in fact all are intrinsically linked and to use for example the cost of living crisis only compounds the issue further which incidentally we were not experiencing when the Blair government created an open door policy to immigration .
Ireland is also struggling with its illegal immigration an which is having proportionally a huge impact on its population and with it a mirror of what local communities are experiencing here .

There’s definitely truth in your points.

Bearing in mind that the vast majority of immigrants are economic migrants who’ve propped up the economy on one hand, but kept wages low on the other.

I’m not denying the impact of immigration for one second. I just feel the wrong people are blamed a lot of the time.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 9:16]
Kicking off in Strady on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 981 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 09:11 - Aug 23 by Boundy

Yes all are intrinsically linked.

Kicking off in Strady on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 933 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Kicking off in Strady on 09:15 - Aug 23 by Gwyn737

There’s definitely truth in your points.

Bearing in mind that the vast majority of immigrants are economic migrants who’ve propped up the economy on one hand, but kept wages low on the other.

I’m not denying the impact of immigration for one second. I just feel the wrong people are blamed a lot of the time.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 9:16]

Here’s a question. London is undoubtedly one of the most expensive places to live in the world, whether it’s spiralling rent or council tax bills or shopping costs etc. To buy a property is almost impossible, a box room can go for close to a million in some areas.

Yet 40% of the population there is foreign born. Do they themselves have the means to support themselves on anrrival? Are they paying the same rent or costs as the rest of us would have to pay? If not, who is paying for it? Why are British people essentially being priced out of their own capital city when people coming from abroad get it for free immediately on arrival.

It’s a similar story in big cities up and down the country. There seems to be an inherent unfairness to it all which is a huge reason why it is such an emotive subject.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Kicking off in Strady on 12:44 - Aug 23 with 918 viewsSuperjan

Kicking off in Strady on 12:22 - Aug 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Here’s a question. London is undoubtedly one of the most expensive places to live in the world, whether it’s spiralling rent or council tax bills or shopping costs etc. To buy a property is almost impossible, a box room can go for close to a million in some areas.

Yet 40% of the population there is foreign born. Do they themselves have the means to support themselves on anrrival? Are they paying the same rent or costs as the rest of us would have to pay? If not, who is paying for it? Why are British people essentially being priced out of their own capital city when people coming from abroad get it for free immediately on arrival.

It’s a similar story in big cities up and down the country. There seems to be an inherent unfairness to it all which is a huge reason why it is such an emotive subject.

Your second paragraph contains some sweeping generalisations as to the how that 40% is made up . There is foreign wealth in London that is off the scale , Russians in particular have been welcomed into the capital with open arms and even into the House of Lords ! So have persons born in the Gulf States , China , India . The list goes on and on ... They clearly have the means to support themselves , although how they achieved the means is highly contentious in some instances . They buy or rent in a way that mere mortals can only dream of . They have driven up prices in one sector of the market . But at the extreme you have landlords exploiting the foreign nationals who work , if they can , in low paid poor quality jobs , in some cases having entered illegally on an illegal basis . My daughter and her boyfriend live in a one bed flat in South London , they are from Swansea , the rent is astronomical but in particular my daughter can only do the job she does in London . In effect she is an economic migrant !
Kicking off in Strady on 13:38 - Aug 23 with 881 viewsGwyn737

Kicking off in Strady on 12:44 - Aug 23 by Superjan

Your second paragraph contains some sweeping generalisations as to the how that 40% is made up . There is foreign wealth in London that is off the scale , Russians in particular have been welcomed into the capital with open arms and even into the House of Lords ! So have persons born in the Gulf States , China , India . The list goes on and on ... They clearly have the means to support themselves , although how they achieved the means is highly contentious in some instances . They buy or rent in a way that mere mortals can only dream of . They have driven up prices in one sector of the market . But at the extreme you have landlords exploiting the foreign nationals who work , if they can , in low paid poor quality jobs , in some cases having entered illegally on an illegal basis . My daughter and her boyfriend live in a one bed flat in South London , they are from Swansea , the rent is astronomical but in particular my daughter can only do the job she does in London . In effect she is an economic migrant !

Spot on.

The only thing I’d add really is the capital has been multicultural for some time there’s a lot of passing down of properties and in turn wealth as well.

The bit on the Russians et al is important too. London has become THE place to launder money through property.

Immigrants are such an easy target pin everything on.

Perhaps it will change. Previously it was all about benefits scrounges. They seem to get a pass now as we can blame foreigners.

I made this point last week when it was A level results. GCSEs out tomorrow- have a look at. Oth groups and geographical areas perform then think about how our economy is being harmed.

40% of Londoners are foreign born. Have a look at London academic performance.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 14:03]
Kicking off in Strady on 14:40 - Aug 23 with 834 viewstrampie

Kicking off in Strady on 13:38 - Aug 23 by Gwyn737

Spot on.

The only thing I’d add really is the capital has been multicultural for some time there’s a lot of passing down of properties and in turn wealth as well.

The bit on the Russians et al is important too. London has become THE place to launder money through property.

Immigrants are such an easy target pin everything on.

Perhaps it will change. Previously it was all about benefits scrounges. They seem to get a pass now as we can blame foreigners.

I made this point last week when it was A level results. GCSEs out tomorrow- have a look at. Oth groups and geographical areas perform then think about how our economy is being harmed.

40% of Londoners are foreign born. Have a look at London academic performance.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2023 14:03]

Disparity of wealth leads to disparity of education standards, heath standards, opportunities.
Too much money invested in London and the South East not enough invested elsewhere.

Kicking off in Strady on 18:36 - Aug 23 with 786 viewscontroversial_jack

Kicking off in Strady on 14:40 - Aug 23 by trampie

Disparity of wealth leads to disparity of education standards, heath standards, opportunities.
Too much money invested in London and the South East not enough invested elsewhere.

Education is great, but it can also be very divisive to society in the way it's dispensed
Kicking off in Strady on 20:11 - Aug 23 with 755 viewsraynor94

Kicking off in Strady on 14:40 - Aug 23 by trampie

You could say the same about Cardiff

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kicking off in Strady on 00:21 - Aug 24 with 709 viewsReslovenSwan1

Immigration what is the issue for British people ?

a) Too Muslim
b) Too male
c) Too gay
d) Too old / too young
e) Too dark skinned
f) Too poorly educated
g) Too well educated
h) Too slow to integrate
i) Too poor
j) Too exploitative of loopholes to abetter funded life.

None of these things? . Is it just about resources?.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kicking off in Strady on 00:42 - Aug 24 with 707 viewsRobbie

Back to The Stradey Park Hotel , knowing the Turks having worked down there for years , this idea is a bad error of decision making for migrants .

They will be housed in Llanelli , it was tough enough being a Jack crossing Loughor Bridge daily .

Without sounding like a NIMBY , surely there must be better options , or as mentioned earlier the Contract hand outs come into play .
Kicking off in Strady on 09:31 - Aug 24 with 655 viewsBoundy

Kicking off in Strady on 00:21 - Aug 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Immigration what is the issue for British people ?

a) Too Muslim
b) Too male
c) Too gay
d) Too old / too young
e) Too dark skinned
f) Too poorly educated
g) Too well educated
h) Too slow to integrate
i) Too poor
j) Too exploitative of loopholes to abetter funded life.

None of these things? . Is it just about resources?.

you conveniently missed out in your opening sentence , illegal .Now ask again

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024