Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top of the League - For now 14:32 - Aug 19 with 1635 viewsSouthamptonfan

Great win. Top of the league with a depleted squad. We aren't polished yet. I don't see what there is to complain about. Lots of uncertainty and we still win. Two away wins, exciting football. Love the way we have forced the victory at Sheff Wed and Plymouth. We will only get better. RM is doing an impressive job in my opinion. I said this, gut feeling a while back, that RM will be good did I not?
QPR at home next with Alcaraz and Smallbone to return.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 14:38]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Top of the League - For now on 14:52 - Aug 19 with 1565 viewssaint22

And that’s great BUT
If Tella AND Adams leave this week we have big problems
I damn well hope RM has ready made replacements walking thru that door at the same time, he has had plenty of warning
Top of the League - For now on 14:57 - Aug 19 with 1558 viewsSouthamptonfan

Top of the League - For now on 14:52 - Aug 19 by saint22

And that’s great BUT
I damn well hope RM has ready made replacements walking thru that door at the same time, he has had plenty of warning

Just heard Russel Martin's interview.

"I'd love Adams to stay, but if not, we will have to replace him, simple as that".

Top of the League - For now on 15:00 - Aug 19 with 1544 viewssaint22

Top of the League - For now on 14:57 - Aug 19 by Southamptonfan

Just heard Russel Martin's interview.

"I'd love Adams to stay, but if not, we will have to replace him, simple as that".

No sh1t
How about you already know who that is
Not like we don’t need another striker anyway
You honestly couldn’t make it up
Top of the League - For now on 15:00 - Aug 19 with 1543 viewsHeisenberg

Top of the League - For now on 14:52 - Aug 19 by saint22

And that’s great BUT

Adams contract is up next summer. We can’t afford to throw away £15m if someone comes in for him. As for Tella let’s see. There are lots of positives and rebuilding such a poor side will take time. Downes coming in will be good and if Che leaves this Pirloe bloke could fit in. Who knows but enjoy it. 3 games in. 7 points. Top of the League.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Top of the League - For now on 15:05 - Aug 19 with 1527 viewsSouthamptonfan

Top of the League - For now on 15:00 - Aug 19 by Heisenberg

Adams contract is up next summer. We can’t afford to throw away £15m if someone comes in for him. As for Tella let’s see. There are lots of positives and rebuilding such a poor side will take time. Downes coming in will be good and if Che leaves this Pirloe bloke could fit in. Who knows but enjoy it. 3 games in. 7 points. Top of the League.

It's very promising. If Adams leaves, we replace him with a top player, like Piroe. RM is motivating and all the players are playing for him. I like him.

Top of the League - For now on 15:19 - Aug 19 with 1481 viewssaint22

Top of the League - For now on 15:05 - Aug 19 by Southamptonfan

It's very promising. If Adams leaves, we replace him with a top player, like Piroe. RM is motivating and all the players are playing for him. I like him.

Yes but is Piroe coming?? That’s ppl putting the Swansea connection together I have heard nothing of the sort
Top of the League - For now on 15:50 - Aug 19 with 1424 viewsButty101

It might be a depleted squad, but it’s still cost more to assembled than every other clubs squad in the league. So it should be beating the likes of Plymouth.

I thought Charles , Tella and both Armstrongs were really good .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Top of the League - For now on 17:20 - Aug 19 with 1337 viewsSouthamptonfan

The fans who go to the games, are really happy. Enjoyment at last. RM's strong praise of his players and the fans is intelligent. He will lead us to promotion.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 17:25]

Login to get fewer ads

Top of the League - For now on 17:41 - Aug 19 with 1268 viewsA1079

Excellent win today Saints and a satisfactory start to the season.
Top of the League - For now on 17:59 - Aug 19 with 1219 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well should be a good game, and hopefully we’ll only be seeing players join us by then rather than any more heading out!
Still todays result was a good one, as other than the odd few, I thought most of the players out there put on a good performance, and other than the few minutes after we scored, were all over them in that second half.

As Charles was yet again great, but I also thought the both Stephens and Bazunu played well, and did well to shut up a few of their critics on here. And I was also impressed by Ameyaw, who I thought did make a decent change to the game when he came on.
Although I like I said on the game day thread, I am partically worried about Manning, as he was good against Wednesdays, but in both the Norwich and Plymouth games hasn’t been the best and has cost us goals. And also I do hope that Bednerak and Edozie improve, as Bednerak also could’ve done better on their goal and Edozie always did great up to the last decisions he made, whether it was taking one shot too many, the shot, cross, pass etc…, and if he can sort that out, could still be one hell of a player.

But still nothing major to complain about whatsoever and many more pro’s than con’s for this game, and with us HOPEFULLY only getting in new players rather than loosing any more key ones, we can only make this squad even better than what it currently is!

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Top of the League - For now on 18:04 - Aug 19 with 1216 viewsTimSaint

Top of the League - For now on 15:00 - Aug 19 by saint22

No sh1t
How about you already know who that is
Not like we don’t need another striker anyway
You honestly couldn’t make it up

As we have the following:

Adams, A Armstrong, Mara and Tall Paul as strikers, plus Tella and Alcaraz who can play up top, plus the youngsters like Ballard etc

It is highly likely that we will need to get rid of a couple before we recruit.

I think we all expected the likes of Tall Paul, Adams and maybe 1 or 2 others to leave, so if and when they do, I'm sure we will sign at least 1 replacement.

I'm also sure that they know exactly who they want to sign, but probably can't do so until we sell. It's not like RM is going to announce who we want to sign is he ?

TimSaint

Top of the League - For now on 19:47 - Aug 19 with 1106 viewscotswoldsaint

Top of the League - For now on 17:41 - Aug 19 by A1079

Excellent win today Saints and a satisfactory start to the season.

...and the icing on the cake is a text I've just had from a mate who's a season ticket holder at Cheltenham, and the end of the game there today, the home fans massively turned on their team and booed them off the pitch! Oh, did I mention it was Portsmuff? Deep, deep joy!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 22:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024