Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin talks . 16:59 - Aug 30 with 985 views1teeminants

Martin expects that Saints could sign upwards of three or four players before the transfer window closes on Friday, but recruiting someone to fill Tella’s void is a priority.

“I think there will probably be quite a bit going on between now and Friday,” he said ahead of his side’s away fixture against Sunderland this weekend.

“I don’t know exactly what is going to go on because some of it will depend on people leaving.

“Some of it will be trying to replace people who have already left. We will have to wait and see, I’m open to anything really.

“There is time pressure now to get things done and I’m sure that we will. Replacing Nathan (Tella) is definitely high on the priority list.

“We have a few options there currently and we will have to wait and see which one lands.

“I couldn’t tell you what is going to happen between now and then, I guess that’s why people find it exciting.

“Before all of that, we have a game to focus on. The window should have been shut weeks ago, but it’s not. It’s going to be shut on Friday, thankfully.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Russell Martin talks . on 17:10 - Aug 30 with 932 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well he’s also confirmed that Everton have lost interest in Che now which is good, so just gotta hope that we can hold out and keep him for the next 31 hours or so.

But I think the number of signings will simply depend on whether or not Che, ABK and Sulemana do go, and getting in replacements for those 3 if so. As I’d of thought that Wood and Stewart look to be the two that are almost certain to happen from what’s being said, and then we’ll also be getting in someone to replace Tella. It’s just the question that I don’t think anyone’s too certain on yet, is whether or not Stewart is a replacement for Che, or just adding strength up front, as well as if any of the other 2 went, would we be getting in replacements for those 2 or not?…

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Russell Martin talks . on 17:18 - Aug 30 with 904 viewskingslandstand1

Clearly the biggest issue is whether Che stays or not, as well as a possible replacement for Tella who by going to Germany probably realises he's not good enough for the Prem. Does the manager not have at least SOME clout in talking to the guy to persuade him to stay at least until Jan and to see how we are doing?

What's the offer he's been given by the club? Pi55 take or realistic for what he could give us in the Championship? Unfortunately he has already proved he's not good enough for the Prem last season but maybe he (sorry, his agent) doesn't seem to think that
Russell Martin talks . on 18:23 - Aug 30 with 800 viewsTimSaint

Russell Martin talks . on 17:18 - Aug 30 by kingslandstand1

Clearly the biggest issue is whether Che stays or not, as well as a possible replacement for Tella who by going to Germany probably realises he's not good enough for the Prem. Does the manager not have at least SOME clout in talking to the guy to persuade him to stay at least until Jan and to see how we are doing?

What's the offer he's been given by the club? Pi55 take or realistic for what he could give us in the Championship? Unfortunately he has already proved he's not good enough for the Prem last season but maybe he (sorry, his agent) doesn't seem to think that

Che has been offered a new contract - I'm sure it was decent enough considering his contribution last season and the division we are currently in.

I think he thinks there are clubs queuing up for him, but now Everton has signed someone else and Forest have gone elsewhere, he really only has Palace as an option, but as they didn't sell Mateta and still have Ayew, Edouard and a few others, they probably don't need to buy him.

He may as well sign, or wait til Jan, or even see out his contract and leave for free in June.

As for Tella's replacement, Sulemana should be that person. He hasn't featured yet this season, so he would be like a new signing. RM should be speaking to him and convincing him to give it a year with us - shine and we will be promoted and if we aren't, do enough to get yourself a move to the Prem. Simples !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024