Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who the heck do we vote for 18:34 - Aug 31 with 6136 viewsshingle

Had a discussion on this with my mates and we all agreed that voting for the Tories is a no no after the mess they have caused and what has happened to the country under them, and Labour seem like a disaster waiting to happen with there rudderless policies it seems they cannot explain how they will carry out everything they propose if you think the immigration situation is bad now just wait to see how bad it gets under them, we have been told just how bad the Lib Dems have been in the past and Plaid are also of no benefit either, the younger generations futures look bleak as fcuk under either of those lot so just who can we vote for.
Who the heck do we vote for on 18:46 - Aug 31 with 3114 viewsFlashberryjack

Take a look at how Wales is run, also take a look at how Scotland is governed, compare them to the Westminster government, then choose between the best of a bad bunch.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:35 - Aug 31 with 3080 viewsSullutaCreturned

That's why I've been saying for ages not to vote for them. Fill Westminster with independent MP's. Let other people sort it out, let them re-write the ruebook so MP's cannot be so self serving and duplicitous.
Who the heck do we vote for on 20:18 - Aug 31 with 3060 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I will read the CV of all the candidates I have an option to vote for and pick the best person for the job based on their experience relevant to making complex strategic decisions. We are as you say fooked.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2023 20:19]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 3050 viewscontroversial_jack

I’ve always voted Labour, but their war on motorists is pissing me off. The Tories are destroying our NHS , and Plaid have similar policies to Labour.It’s a hard one
Who the heck do we vote for on 20:47 - Aug 31 with 3032 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who the heck do we vote for on 18:46 - Aug 31 by Flashberryjack

Take a look at how Wales is run, also take a look at how Scotland is governed, compare them to the Westminster government, then choose between the best of a bad bunch.

Saves me a trip to the polling booth.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:09 - Aug 31 with 2980 viewsKilkennyjack

Who the heck do we vote for on 19:35 - Aug 31 by SullutaCreturned

That's why I've been saying for ages not to vote for them. Fill Westminster with independent MP's. Let other people sort it out, let them re-write the ruebook so MP's cannot be so self serving and duplicitous.

Nonsense.

Beware of the Risen People

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:13 - Aug 31 with 2976 viewsKilkennyjack

Vote to get Englands Tory party out.

Depends where you live, but vote tactically and end the large scale plundering of the public purse.
We are not in the middle of a cost of living crises, we are in the middle of a robbery.

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 2969 viewsKilkennyjack

Who the heck do we vote for on 20:22 - Aug 31 by controversial_jack

I’ve always voted Labour, but their war on motorists is pissing me off. The Tories are destroying our NHS , and Plaid have similar policies to Labour.It’s a hard one

The war on motorists is fake news.
It was Johnson’s idea as London mayor.

Login to get fewer ads

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:34 - Aug 31 with 2968 viewsmajorraglan

I’m not a Labour voter, but the current government are the worst I can ever recall. I think they are manifestly dishonest and incompetent. I can’t think of anything that’s improved under their watch.

I’ve got some serious issues with Welsh Labour, especially with regards to their transport policy. I totally understand they have legal obligations with regards to pollution and improving air quality, but this 20mph speed limit is mental as is the lack of a solution to the Brynglas tunnel problem. I just can’t believe we’ve not had mass protests at the 20mph issue. I think Keir Starmer is different gravy and I think he’ll sort out Welsh Labour going forward. I don’t blame KS for keeping his powder dry on policy, the Conservatives have stolen or adopted some of them in the past and I wouldn’t give them any ideas this far out from a GE.
Who the heck do we vote for on 22:36 - Aug 31 with 2967 viewsraynor94

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:27 - Aug 31 by Kilkennyjack

And a good idea it is, children are dying from polluted air in the capital.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Who the heck do we vote for on 23:02 - Aug 31 with 2945 viewsmajorraglan

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:36 - Aug 31 by raynor94

And a good idea it is, children are dying from polluted air in the capital.

Absolutely, it’s a bit ironic that the Conservatives are kicking off against ULEZ when a lot of this started under Boris.

My view is that things like ULEZ are good, but they need to be subject to a sensible long term strategy/approach because as sure as eggs are eggs, it’s the people with the least are going to be affected the most.
One of my kids has an old diesel car, it’s really good on fuel, costs £30 to tax but he can’t take it in to the centre of the city where lives as it doesn’t satisfy the emission criteria. He’s a young man starting out in life and can’t afford a car which meets the standards.
Who the heck do we vote for on 23:27 - Aug 31 with 2933 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who the heck do we vote for on 23:02 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

Absolutely, it’s a bit ironic that the Conservatives are kicking off against ULEZ when a lot of this started under Boris.

My view is that things like ULEZ are good, but they need to be subject to a sensible long term strategy/approach because as sure as eggs are eggs, it’s the people with the least are going to be affected the most.
One of my kids has an old diesel car, it’s really good on fuel, costs £30 to tax but he can’t take it in to the centre of the city where lives as it doesn’t satisfy the emission criteria. He’s a young man starting out in life and can’t afford a car which meets the standards.

12 quid a day that’s nearly 5k extra a year people will have to pay when belts are already tight. It’s just a cash cow. No matter how much they argue it’s to protect the ickle babies and lovely little kittens it’s just another regressive and insidious tax.

The scrappage scheme is also a joke. What is it? 2k? How do you buy a car that fulfils the criteria in London for anything less than 25k?

It’s strange that every response to climate change and the environment is just making people pay more.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Who the heck do we vote for on 00:56 - Sep 1 with 2914 viewsRobbie

Read a news article recently stating the potentially good officials are backing away from standing as MP s due to online abuse , personal threats , and maybe horrific loss of life .

No support for any Political Party , but there must be some good candidates out there fighting for their constituants , are they rewarded financially for the hassle £ 80k a year .
Footballers today laugh at that amount .

The current Prime Minister is a mega millionaire , the good old Welshman who was a Labour Leader and Cardiff City Supporter was last heard of on the gravy train in Brussels .
Who the heck do we vote for on 08:13 - Sep 1 with 2856 viewsSullutaCreturned

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:09 - Aug 31 by Kilkennyjack

Nonsense.

Are you saying the rules are fine so let the MP's carry on as they are?

Are you saying our three main parties have been anything besides an abject failure?

Are you saying we don't need change?

If we do need chqnge how do you expect that to happen when the cause of the problem are the people we'd expect to make the changes?
Who the heck do we vote for on 09:26 - Sep 1 with 2825 viewsScotia

Good to see a thread like this.

The current party and first past the post system has to change, I've nothing against political parties but we end up with a government most people don't want, even in Wales where we have some form of proportional representation.

People blindly vote for their party with no thought behind it whatsoever - as demonstrated by Contro Jack. He has always voted labour but doesn't like "the war on motorists", well guess what? It was explicitly stated in the Welsh Labour manifesto for the last Senedd elections. If you don't like it but voted Labour you're a Turkey voting for Christmas.

A simple form of proportional representation and compulsory registration of your voting intention would at least give us a democratic and accountable government.
Who the heck do we vote for on 09:40 - Sep 1 with 2797 viewsWhiterockin

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:26 - Sep 1 by Scotia

Good to see a thread like this.

The current party and first past the post system has to change, I've nothing against political parties but we end up with a government most people don't want, even in Wales where we have some form of proportional representation.

People blindly vote for their party with no thought behind it whatsoever - as demonstrated by Contro Jack. He has always voted labour but doesn't like "the war on motorists", well guess what? It was explicitly stated in the Welsh Labour manifesto for the last Senedd elections. If you don't like it but voted Labour you're a Turkey voting for Christmas.

A simple form of proportional representation and compulsory registration of your voting intention would at least give us a democratic and accountable government.

If compulsory voting was brought in, I would vote for the party that promised to throw it out.
Who the heck do we vote for on 09:41 - Sep 1 with 2789 viewsBoundy

Who the heck do we vote for on 22:34 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

I’m not a Labour voter, but the current government are the worst I can ever recall. I think they are manifestly dishonest and incompetent. I can’t think of anything that’s improved under their watch.

I’ve got some serious issues with Welsh Labour, especially with regards to their transport policy. I totally understand they have legal obligations with regards to pollution and improving air quality, but this 20mph speed limit is mental as is the lack of a solution to the Brynglas tunnel problem. I just can’t believe we’ve not had mass protests at the 20mph issue. I think Keir Starmer is different gravy and I think he’ll sort out Welsh Labour going forward. I don’t blame KS for keeping his powder dry on policy, the Conservatives have stolen or adopted some of them in the past and I wouldn’t give them any ideas this far out from a GE.

I think that one of many reasons as to why we haven't had protests is that the majority will ignore the new limits , taking a chance that they wont be spotted or plead ignorant . I wonder how long before counting lamp posts will become the new no no on par with texting . At the moment if caught speeding you can appeal, asking to see the speed guns calibration certificate , with the new legislation its going to be a case of a measuring device to check the spacing between each lamp post.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:43 - Sep 1 with 2785 viewsBoundy

Who the heck do we vote for on 08:13 - Sep 1 by SullutaCreturned

Are you saying the rules are fine so let the MP's carry on as they are?

Are you saying our three main parties have been anything besides an abject failure?

Are you saying we don't need change?

If we do need chqnge how do you expect that to happen when the cause of the problem are the people we'd expect to make the changes?

whistle down the wind , he'll never answer

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:58 - Sep 1 with 2770 viewsWingstandwood

Who the heck do we vote for on 23:02 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

I am getting vibe's that ULEZ is going to end up like Maggie's Poll Tax. So much rebellion and anger making it an absolute nightmare to enforce and to continue with. Impossible situation?

Argus!

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:28 - Sep 1 with 2755 viewscontroversial_jack

Yes, i know it was a Tory idea, but Labour has expanded it, not to mention this forthcoming 20 mpg limit
Who the heck do we vote for on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 2744 viewsBoundy

You need to review Labour and The Tory transport policies before coming out with yet more pure unadulterated rubbish

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:47 - Sep 1 with 2728 viewscontroversial_jack

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:44 - Sep 1 by Boundy

You need to review Labour and The Tory transport policies before coming out with yet more pure unadulterated rubbish

He's correct though , it was originally a Tory idea
Who the heck do we vote for on 11:10 - Sep 1 with 2722 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:47 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

He's correct though , it was originally a Tory idea

The moral of the story is that if you do something that is unfair and unpopular you can justify it on the basis that it was someone else's idea that you nicked.
There are some crazy mixed up people around.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Who the heck do we vote for on 11:11 - Sep 1 with 2719 viewsScotia

Who the heck do we vote for on 09:40 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

If compulsory voting was brought in, I would vote for the party that promised to throw it out.

Why is that?
Who the heck do we vote for on 11:14 - Sep 1 with 2715 viewsScotia

Who the heck do we vote for on 10:28 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

Yes, i know it was a Tory idea, but Labour has expanded it, not to mention this forthcoming 20 mpg limit

The 20mph speed limit was in the last Labour manifesto that you voted for.

Well done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024