Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London Sport podcast 16:18 - Sep 21 with 4816 viewsconnell10

They love Ainsworth ....I don't think!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

West London Sport podcast on 09:33 - Sep 22 with 1252 viewsWegerles_Stairs

West London Sport podcast on 09:17 - Sep 22 by Esox_Lucius

In my mind, Gallen and Ian remind me a lot of some of the fans we have, they fell in love with QPR many years ago and can't cope with the current team not being the team they fell in love with so resort to undermining the current regime at every opportunity.
If todays team isn't one you can get behind because they are not the team you fell in love with, perhaps it's time to find a club that you CAN fall in love with and support as life is too short and unpredictable to waste your emotions on negativity and toxicity.

Yes, I agree. Just like people who consistently downvote people on fan forums, wasting their emotions on negativity and toxicity.
West London Sport podcast on 09:44 - Sep 22 with 1230 viewsGaryBannister86

In my mind, Gallen and Ian remind me a lot of some of the fans we have, they fell in love with QPR many years ago and can't cope with the current team not being the team they fell in love with so resort to undermining the current regime at every opportunity.
If todays team isn't one you can get behind because they are not the team you fell in love with, perhaps it's time to find a club that you CAN fall in love with and support as life is too short and unpredictable to waste your emotions on negativity and toxicity.

That's one way of looking at it - the other is that they / we know that QPR can be so much better, is not some backwater minnow or plucky underdog that GA is so desperate to portray and demand higher standards than the slop that has been served up for quite some time now.

And, in my view, there is nothing wrong with that.
West London Sport podcast on 09:56 - Sep 22 with 1205 viewsPhilmyRs

Think that’s unfair. Every fan has a right to voice an opinion. If you’ve been involved in football your whole life as Gallen has, and even played alongside the Manager, he has some credibility when he speaks.

Since he’s taken over there have been a lot of times where the Manager has been a factor, not the only factor granted, but a factor nonetheless, in some of the cr@p we’ve dished out. I think we’ve made some progress in recent weeks and been quite pleased with some of what I’ve seen so happy to praise him – think you’ll find Gallen and Ian have done the same. But, if we start reverting to some of the football from last season (which there were glimpses of recently), and if we fail to change our approach when playing at home to retain the ball a bit more and continue with the regular keeper (long) punts, I’ll criticise the Manager. That’s not me being stuck in the past dreaming of the great Rangers side of the 1990s that I grew up with, that’s just expecting some basics to be executed, and this team being good enough to do it.
West London Sport podcast on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 1134 viewsEsox_Lucius

West London Sport podcast on 09:56 - Sep 22 by PhilmyRs

Think that’s unfair. Every fan has a right to voice an opinion. If you’ve been involved in football your whole life as Gallen has, and even played alongside the Manager, he has some credibility when he speaks.

Since he’s taken over there have been a lot of times where the Manager has been a factor, not the only factor granted, but a factor nonetheless, in some of the cr@p we’ve dished out. I think we’ve made some progress in recent weeks and been quite pleased with some of what I’ve seen so happy to praise him – think you’ll find Gallen and Ian have done the same. But, if we start reverting to some of the football from last season (which there were glimpses of recently), and if we fail to change our approach when playing at home to retain the ball a bit more and continue with the regular keeper (long) punts, I’ll criticise the Manager. That’s not me being stuck in the past dreaming of the great Rangers side of the 1990s that I grew up with, that’s just expecting some basics to be executed, and this team being good enough to do it.

It's the snidey comments on SM, especially from Gallen, that destroy any credibility as a pundit he may claim to have. I don't view games through rose tinted glasses and harbour dark thoughts soon after some games about what I have just seen but it passes and I will never be convinced that publicly slating anyone ever made them do their job better.
People have often expressed derision towards Steve McClaren but I had a long chat with Paul Smyth just as he had been informed about being let out on loan and was asking him what he thought was needed to have done better at the club. He made a couple of comments regarding that subject but emphasised that in his opinion, Steve McClaren was the best manager he had ever worked under by a long way. That doesn't gel with the fans opinion in most cases but only demonstrates the banality of some opinions on SM by people who aren't directly involved in the situation.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but there is now need for the vitriol and bitter invective aimed at the players and club that is seen so often on here; usually by the same people I highlighted in my earlier post.

The grass is always greener.

West London Sport podcast on 10:36 - Sep 22 with 1113 viewsconnell10

West London Sport podcast on 09:44 - Sep 22 by GaryBannister86

That's one way of looking at it - the other is that they / we know that QPR can be so much better, is not some backwater minnow or plucky underdog that GA is so desperate to portray and demand higher standards than the slop that has been served up for quite some time now.

And, in my view, there is nothing wrong with that.

Good morning Ian

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

West London Sport podcast on 11:29 - Sep 22 with 1017 viewsBAWHoops

My issue with the WLS podcast (which for the most part is a decent listen) is that yes, there is certainly an agenda when it comes to Ainsworth (and that's true across all of the WLS output which is often tinged with a look down their nose at Ainsworth, but then the editor Dave Mc isn't a fan).
I also just don't have any time for Kevin Gallen really. The bloke is a right wing nutter on Twitter and his football philosophy seems to be stuck in what people were doing 20 years ago.
His solution for everything remains 'sign a striker'.

I've been negative there, but for the most part it's a decent little podcast but probably needs a third voice on there (Kosky, Jim Frayling, Dan bennett).

Also think WLS for the most part is fantastic and we are lucky to have committed reporters who have QPR's best intrests at heart.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

West London Sport podcast on 11:43 - Sep 22 with 990 viewssystemsguy

WLS and Ian in particular was really chummy with our manager at the start of last season often hosting one to one interviews... even half defended him when he left for Scotland (didn't go down to well)

The podcast is not the same since the departure of Dan Bennett as his neutrality being a Blackpool fan helped mediate the obvious bias of Ian and Kevin....

The interviews of Ainsworth on WLS are now part of the general media pieces he does after a game or a match preview

Can't be bothered to listen to any of the podcasts at the moment as Finney is not my cup of tea either...

2024/2025.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

West London Sport podcast on 12:09 - Sep 22 with 917 viewsNorthernr

It's been under consideration for a while but maybe a monthly review, three or four guests, recorded for our Patreon...
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport podcast on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 844 viewsBlue_Castello

West London Sport podcast on 23:42 - Sep 21 by sdm1508

In some ways I don't care what Cook said but the fact he was backing his manager and his team. Showed a level of leadership and quite liked him coming out and showing some fight

Agreed I want to see our players supporting our Manager, that's what was missing last season a bunch of players only interested in their own agendas and not wanting to play for the club.

Ainsworth took on a very difficult job with a squad with very low morale, he is slowly but surely turning it around, this Season has seen some improved performances and finally some team spirit, people need to lower their expectations otherwise they are going to be very disappointed.

Ainsworth for me has come across far more of a thinking mans Manager than I was expecting, he has a great handle on team building having listened to some of his comments.In spite of some still bemoaning that we signed the experienced players they are exactly what was needed to help build the team, there are definitely positive signs of improvements, we can't run before we can walk.

Certainly don't have a problem with people questioning any Managers, team selections, tactics or substitutions we've been doing that with every Manager for decades but let's not confuse that with intelligence....
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 12:56]
West London Sport podcast on 13:01 - Sep 22 with 824 viewsTheChef

Yes I get the impression IM is not an Ainsworth fan.

Shame how Ainsworth is seriously dividing our fan base (and in fairness I don't really listen to his pre or post match interviews) but I do trust him and the coaching staff to get the team going in the right direction.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West London Sport podcast on 16:17 - Sep 22 with 676 viewscharmr

Have to agree that Ainsworth is not the most erudite or articulate. I can’t listen to any pre or post match interviews. Lot being said but nothing being said. The student of the game seems to be his assistant. Teams off the field with their own strengths and weaknesses etc.

Wish him well just hope it doesn’t go all bark, bollock and bite pub league football mentality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024