Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palestine invading Israel 11:22 - Oct 7 with 9527 viewsraynor94

It's kicking off big time, expect an overwhelming response from Israel

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Palestine invading Israel on 14:21 - Oct 8 with 897 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 13:57 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Do you believe Hamas are the embodiment of fair play and equality? Be honest if you were a gay man or a woman which of the two regimes would you prefer to live under?

Hamas are not left wing they are right wing, like the Conservative party over here, Erdogans party in Turkey, the Taliban in Afghanistan etc.
They are anti communist.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Palestine invading Israel on 14:27 - Oct 8 with 905 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Palestine invading Israel on 14:21 - Oct 8 by trampie

Hamas are not left wing they are right wing, like the Conservative party over here, Erdogans party in Turkey, the Taliban in Afghanistan etc.
They are anti communist.

At least they have one sensible policy I suppose.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Palestine invading Israel on 14:37 - Oct 8 with 863 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 14:27 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

At least they have one sensible policy I suppose.

I forgot to say they are like Israel's ruling party, right wing, Benny net and his gang.
The elites across the World are right wing and the right wing rules the World, that is why the World is in such a mess, greed is their God, ordinary people are to be exploited, the future for ordinary people does not look good.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Palestine invading Israel on 14:49 - Oct 8 with 868 viewsRobbie

Palestine invading Israel on 08:20 - Oct 8 by Boundy

Contrary to a common misconception that Jews returned to Palestine demanding their country back, the reality states otherwise. Jewish people have based their claim to the land of Israel for more than 4,000 years, dating back pre-historic period.

The Jewish people claim that God had promised the land of Israel to the patriarch Abraham. They also claim that the land that the Jewish people had developed was captured during wars and invasions.

Israel is the world’s first Jewish state in two millennia. Modern-day Israel dates back to its origin in the Zionism movement when the journalist Theodor Herzl started advocating a Jewish state as the solution for anti-Semitism.

Herzl’s attempts did not fair support from the First Zionist Congress however, later after his death in 1904, the Zionist organization under the lead of Chaim Weizmann was able to increase the population of Jews in Palestine (named given by the Romans). But these efforts could not be expanded as the Ottoman Turks ruled Palestine.

Later during World War I in 1917, the Zionists convinced the British to issue the Balfour Declaration that would facilitate Britain to establish a ‘Jewish Homeland’ in Palestine. After succeeding in getting the endorsement of declaration from the League of Nations, the British got the mandate of Palestine.

The local Arabs however, resented a Jewish state. With the fall of the Ottomans, Arabs saw this as an opportunity to revive the old Arab empire. The British government failed to bring the Zionists and Arabs on the same page and thus began the Arab Revolt of 1936-39.

In 1920, the Haganah came into being as a branch of the Jewish Agency, the organization that played a huge role in bringing Jews to Israel.

The 1930s witnessed the Great Depression and the Jews fleeing Nazi-dominated Europe during World War II. The British government, therefore, proposed the partition of Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, which was rejected by the Arabs. Hence, the British in 1939 restricted the movement of Jewish to gain the support of Arab against Italy and Germany.

In Britain, the then Prime Minister Clement Attlee in lieu of the growing violence between Jews and Arabs in Palestine decided to terminate the British Mandate over Palestine. But with the termination came the pressure by the Zionists and significantly from then-President Harry Truman in the US.

Truman asked Attlee to allow the remnant of Jews in Germany to come to Palestine while the Arabs opposed the immigration. Amidst the growing tension, the British turned towards the newly formed United Nations (UN).

Establishment of Israel
The UN on November 29, 1947, voted to partition Palestine into Jewish and Arab states, which was again opposed by the Arabs. However, the declaration of the state of Israel on May 14, 1948, fulfilled the Zionist’s dream of a Jewish homeland.

However, the armies from the states of Arabs: Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, and Egypt invaded the state of Israel immediately within a few days after the declaration. But Israel was successful at defeating Arabs. Post the exodus of Arabs, Israel became the largest home to the Jewish community.

Fast forward to 2021, the Israel-Palestinians have failed to reach a peaceful resolution. The Israel-Palestine conflict continues along the Gaza strip with protests escalating to airstrikes demolishing buildings, schools, hospitals, and commercial units.

Puts my rather simplistic offering to shame , that excellent account

Good read and a basic understanding of the background without getting too deep .
Palestine invading Israel on 15:25 - Oct 8 with 827 viewscontroversial_jack

Palestine invading Israel on 13:56 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Israel has elections which are free.
You can vote for whom you want ,just like Russia really .

Not if you are in the 36% that can't vote. that's not universal suffrage, therefore not a true democracy, therefore they are not free
Palestine invading Israel on 16:07 - Oct 8 with 805 viewsonehunglow

Palestine invading Israel on 15:25 - Oct 8 by controversial_jack

Not if you are in the 36% that can't vote. that's not universal suffrage, therefore not a true democracy, therefore they are not free

In your heroes paradise ,all can vote but it makes no difference .

Arabs can and do live peacefully on Israel whereas

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Palestine invading Israel on 16:13 - Oct 8 with 802 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

https://www.electionguide.org/countries/id/106/

Looks like about 7M out of approx 9M population can vote, there are about 2M minors in Israel. Arabs in East Jerusalem declined Israeli citizenship and do not have the vote but permanent resident status.

The Arab turnout in Provincial elections is high but lower in national elections, there are Arab MPs and they have helped form a Government on the past.

"‘One seat could make the difference’: Arab parties rally for votes in Israeli election | Israel | The Guardian" https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/25/one-seat-could-make-the-difference

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Palestine invading Israel on 16:17 - Oct 8 with 793 viewsKeithHaynes

Too many posters trying to litigate the history of this conflict when the OP is very clear.
It’s about now.,

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Palestine invading Israel on 16:54 - Oct 8 with 769 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Meanwhile 0% of the population of Palestine has voted for Hamas in nigh on two decades.

Palestine invading Israel on 16:59 - Oct 8 with 763 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Palestine invading Israel on 13:11 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Russia supports the Palestinians because US@ backs Israel and also the fact Israel is a democracy which is not the case in mother Russia nor has ever been.
Now,as well as obliterating Ukrainians ,you want to do the same to Israelis. You’re a beaut.

Russia,your heroes,obliterate all enemies ,as you know .

Well said.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Palestine invading Israel on 17:10 - Oct 8 with 756 viewsSullutaCreturned

Palestine invading Israel on 09:16 - Oct 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

It is difficult to post a history of the Middle East without breaking the internet.
For example, one issue that is not included in your post and is important is that of Transjordan at the time of the Balfour Declaration. Jewish people were excluded from Transjordan as explained in this Jordanian article.
It's not this simple, but to save the internet, Jews and Arabs were dispersed around the Middle East until a Jewish state and and Arab state were created. Both Arabs and Jews were forced to move from their homelands as a result.
If people are interested in the history here and don't have months or years to study it's worth having a look at the complicated history of Jerusalem. You can build many arguments based on what time in history you select to start from!

http://www.kinghussein.gov.jo/his_transjordan.html

yeah, go back to the Greeks who called it Philistia, then the Romans and Syra Palaestina, it has always been contested. The ottomans shived their noses in.

The Judaean peoples front, or was it the peoples front....anyway, Judaea.

People have an opinion and sometimes it depends on whether you are anti islamic or anti Semitic.

For myself, neither. Or maybe both because it's religion and religion brings trouble, it has all through history.
Palestine invading Israel on 17:20 - Oct 8 with 722 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 16:17 - Oct 8 by KeithHaynes

Too many posters trying to litigate the history of this conflict when the OP is very clear.
It’s about now.,

You can't get away from the history of it though, particularly on the Jewish side , they won't let you.

Palestine invading Israel on 17:27 - Oct 8 with 732 viewsGwyn737

It’s about now.,

Spot on 👏
Palestine invading Israel on 17:50 - Oct 8 with 709 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Palestine invading Israel on 17:20 - Oct 8 by trampie

You can't get away from the history of it though, particularly on the Jewish side , they won't let you.

The jewish side of history is quite important to them though Tramp. There are people still alive today who barely survived the extermination camps of Eastern Europe. Do you think we should just forget all that?

Palestine invading Israel on 17:52 - Oct 8 with 688 viewstrampie

Complaints by some that Palestinian flags are being waved and people said to be dancing in the street in the English capital.

Palestine invading Israel on 17:54 - Oct 8 with 695 viewsAnotherJohn

What I find really shocking is the indiscriminate, up-close and personal murder of civilians by Hamas. The sight of that long line of shot-up cars full of corpses on Telegram was horrifying. From TV reports (without the same film evidence) a couple of hundred young people were massacred at the "peace party" in the desert. Some were taken alive for use as hostages, but whether people lived or died appears to be a matter of luck. It looks to me that if Hamas ever got the upper hand we would be seeing a genocide. Some seem willing to defend genocide.
Palestine invading Israel on 17:59 - Oct 8 with 676 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 17:50 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

The jewish side of history is quite important to them though Tramp. There are people still alive today who barely survived the extermination camps of Eastern Europe. Do you think we should just forget all that?

That is the my point butt glad you got it, Romans, 12 tribes, Abraham blah blah blah as well as more recent things.

Palestine invading Israel on 18:28 - Oct 8 with 669 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Palestine invading Israel on 17:50 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

As I said earlier, I worked on a Kibbutz in the 1980s in Southern Israel. I was assigned to help a man called Tal in the dairy. He looked after me from Day One, I was a teenager without a clue really, he looked about forty. He was kind, funny and thoughtful, he did lots for me.
One day we were asked to help fix the irrigation system, he rolled u his sleeves and there was his tattoo from the Concentration Camp. I did not know what to say, he looked at me, I must have been staring, he smiled at me and said one word " remember ".
I later found out that he alone in his family survived the Holocaust, the rest of his family Mother, Father, brother and two sisters died.
Tal is still alive and on the Kibbutz, I haven't seen him for 20 years, I need to remember to go back.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Palestine invading Israel on 18:35 - Oct 8 with 662 viewsAnotherJohn

Palestine invading Israel on 17:54 - Oct 8 by AnotherJohn

What I find really shocking is the indiscriminate, up-close and personal murder of civilians by Hamas. The sight of that long line of shot-up cars full of corpses on Telegram was horrifying. From TV reports (without the same film evidence) a couple of hundred young people were massacred at the "peace party" in the desert. Some were taken alive for use as hostages, but whether people lived or died appears to be a matter of luck. It looks to me that if Hamas ever got the upper hand we would be seeing a genocide. Some seem willing to defend genocide.

More info on Telegram now with horrific photographs.

https://t.me/pilotblog/7235

The current estimate is that there are about 240 fatalities at the party, Some bodies have hands tied behind their backs. The Israeli international footballer, Lior Assoulinem is among the dead party goers.
Palestine invading Israel on 20:13 - Oct 8 with 606 viewsSullutaCreturned

It’s about now.,

Yes, Keith, but as with many things, what is happening today is a direct result of the history.

They have been arguing about this territory for centuries.

That said, there is wrong on both sides but I do agree, if Hamas got the upper hand and took control there would be another genocide of the Jews.

People are very critical of Israel but can anyone in the Uk imagine living somehwere and being permanently surrounded by people who would happily destroy you?

This latest rocket attack and the deaths, there is no defence for it. it's murder pure and simple
Palestine invading Israel on 20:19 - Oct 8 with 599 viewsonehunglow

Palestine invading Israel on 20:13 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

Yes, Keith, but as with many things, what is happening today is a direct result of the history.

They have been arguing about this territory for centuries.

That said, there is wrong on both sides but I do agree, if Hamas got the upper hand and took control there would be another genocide of the Jews.

People are very critical of Israel but can anyone in the Uk imagine living somehwere and being permanently surrounded by people who would happily destroy you?

This latest rocket attack and the deaths, there is no defence for it. it's murder pure and simple

Israel is and always has been targeted by the left in this country.
Despot countries who have sent adherents to kill OUR people in the name if Palestinecand Allah.
I do not ever recall Israeli/ Jewish targeting attacks on this country .
No Arab country is the Middle East is free regarding elections and most are homophobic ,misogynistic crap holes .
Is this what Labour people like?

Palestine invading Israel on 20:26 - Oct 8 with 588 viewsSullutaCreturned

Palestine invading Israel on 20:19 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Despot countries who have sent adherents to kill OUR people in the name if Palestinecand Allah.
No Arab country is the Middle East is free regarding elections and most are homophobic ,misogynistic crap holes .

I'm fairly sure israel has and still does provide vital intelligence to NATO/Western countries.
Palestine invading Israel on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 586 viewsonehunglow

Palestine invading Israel on 20:26 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

I'm fairly sure israel has and still does provide vital intelligence to NATO/Western countries.

I agree.
It’s onevifvthecreasons to support them.
That said,their biggest issue is the way they overreact
If they didn’t ,they would have far greater support

Palestine invading Israel on 21:11 - Oct 8 with 563 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 20:19 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

The Stern gang twice attempted to form an alliance with the Nazis, they even called themselves terrorists, Jewish terrorist groups killed close to a 1000 British people including women and children, Israel is a foreign power that we need to be wary of just like any other foreign power.
You don't seem to like Russians, seen it somewhere that something like 20% of all Israelis were either born in the Soviet Union or a parent or grandparent.

Palestine invading Israel on 21:19 - Oct 8 with 549 viewstrampie

Palestine invading Israel on 20:26 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

Samson option, could we be a target ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024