Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry 09:09 - Nov 13 with 10537 viewssaint901

This morning, we see the news that we've all been expecting, i.e. Braverman gone.

Aside from holding some "extreme" views on what constitutes "hate", her crime is clearly that of trying to do a Brutus on Rishi (a bit like he did with Boris).

The Tories will forgive almost anything except their own people showing the world what their club is like from the inside. Cruella has done that and has paid the price.

Her next appearance will be a challenge for the leadership.

In the event that she wins, I will be moving abroad for a few years because even the politics in my other "official" country are not as toxic as hers.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:36 - Nov 13 with 7230 views1885_SFC

There's already a Braverman thread ffs...

Old School is Cool

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:46 - Nov 13 with 7217 viewskingslandstand1

She's only been saying what most are thinking but the woke brigade have won again, but as you have said, she'll go for the leadership as I'm afraid Rishi is just not strong enough, but best of a bad lot

Trouble is, what are the alternatives in politics now. God help us if U turn with absolutely no alternative ideas gets in next year
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:07 - Nov 13 with 7205 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 09:46 - Nov 13 by kingslandstand1

She's only been saying what most are thinking but the woke brigade have won again, but as you have said, she'll go for the leadership as I'm afraid Rishi is just not strong enough, but best of a bad lot

Trouble is, what are the alternatives in politics now. God help us if U turn with absolutely no alternative ideas gets in next year

Even if you agree with the sentiments behind what she has been saying, trust me you can do better in terms of finding an advocate for those views who is intelligent, has a least some dignity/decency and who actually believes what he/she is saying.

The last thing anyone needs post-Johnson is a politician whose only motivation is personal ambition.

She's a wrong'un, make no mistake about it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:28 - Nov 13 with 7177 viewsBuggalugs

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:07 - Nov 13 by DorsetIan

Even if you agree with the sentiments behind what she has been saying, trust me you can do better in terms of finding an advocate for those views who is intelligent, has a least some dignity/decency and who actually believes what he/she is saying.

The last thing anyone needs post-Johnson is a politician whose only motivation is personal ambition.

Every politician's only motivation is personal ambition/gain and I'm amazed people are still naive enough to think any of the political parties represent or care about them. It's all a complete nonsense.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:30 - Nov 13 with 7173 viewskingslandstand1

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:07 - Nov 13 by DorsetIan

Unfortunately most politicians nowadays appear to be back stabbing for their own personal gain/ambition with no mouth and all trousers, loads of promises that are not kept etc etc. Another worry is that I just heard Cameron has been in No.10 this morning!

No matter what way you voted (not you personally Dorset), and I am guessing a lot on here went Labour judging by the abuse (strong opinion) thrown against anything Tory, there really does not seem a lot of choice to get this country out of the extremist ways that are creeping in from all sides. I just can't see how a Labour Govt would make it any better, in fact probably worse

With what's happening all over the place now there just doesn't seem to be anyone who you could honestly say could get a grip of all the sh1t that's happening on our shores right now

But hey, I'm just another Joe Bloggs on the street with no real clout and no wish to get on the soap box and shout from the rafters
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:31 - Nov 13 with 7169 viewskingslandstand1

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:28 - Nov 13 by Buggalugs

Every politician's only motivation is personal ambition/gain and I'm amazed people are still naive enough to think any of the political parties represent or care about them. It's all a complete nonsense.

I think I just said that but not so succinctly
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:54 - Nov 13 with 7146 viewskentsouthampton

The majority of people in this country are kind, caring and compassionate, the complete opposite of Braverman, to claim she speaks for us is doing this country a great disservice.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:12 - Nov 13 with 7134 viewsDorsetIan

It's healthy to be mistrustful of politicians, but the idea that they are all as bad as each other is just wrong.

Everybody in life looks out for themselves, but most people have some decency about them too and are not solely self-motivated. Many politicians - on both sides - are also driven by a commitment to trying to improve things.

Johnson and Braverman are egomaniacs who, like Trump, serve no one but themselves.

We can spot people like this in real life. Spotting them politically ain't really that difficult.

Login to get fewer ads

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:53 - Nov 13 with 7099 viewssaint901

Braverman is toxic and either believes what she says - in which case she is a dangerous person to have around and not somebody I want representing me - or she is saying things for effect and to position herself for running for leader - in which case she is a total hypocrite and fraud.

Either way she is not somebody who should be in in mainstream public life and probably belongs with the far right nutters who would be planting land mines on the beaches of Dover if they could.

Bringing back Cameron - who may blame for Brexit - is designed to create splits and divisions in any opposition to Rishi for leader once there is a general election and we remove this useless crew.

I like to think of my own politics as perhaps centrist with a slight lean to the left (I really don't trust that the Corbynistas are all removed from Labour) but all I really want is people willing to serve country first and not Party.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:38 - Nov 13 with 7047 viewssaint22

thank god although her replacement will be just as incompetent

Cameron as Foreign Secretary??? The man who championed Brexit?? Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️

This lot go from bad to farcical
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:43 - Nov 13 with 7045 viewssaintmark1976

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:53 - Nov 13 by saint901

Braverman is toxic and either believes what she says - in which case she is a dangerous person to have around and not somebody I want representing me - or she is saying things for effect and to position herself for running for leader - in which case she is a total hypocrite and fraud.

Either way she is not somebody who should be in in mainstream public life and probably belongs with the far right nutters who would be planting land mines on the beaches of Dover if they could.

Bringing back Cameron - who may blame for Brexit - is designed to create splits and divisions in any opposition to Rishi for leader once there is a general election and we remove this useless crew.

I like to think of my own politics as perhaps centrist with a slight lean to the left (I really don't trust that the Corbynistas are all removed from Labour) but all I really want is people willing to serve country first and not Party.

Ah, David Cameron the man who gave in to the right wing nutters in his party by granting them a referendum on our membership of Europe. Telling us that whatever the outcome he would remain as Prime Minister and see the result through to a conclusion. Did he hell as like, he resigned and ran away within 48 hours.

Having run away he then got found out lobbying the government he had just left by asking for favourable treatment toward a business that he represented.

Not forgetting of course that were it not for the late intervention of The Queen and Gordon Brown he would in all likelihood have lost the Scottish Independence Referendum.

David Cameron as the answer to the country’s problems? Absolutely no chance.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:47 - Nov 13 with 7039 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:38 - Nov 13 by saint22

I'm sure the Globalist cabal have some very important role for their man to play - they don't even try to hide anything these days!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:06 - Nov 13 with 7031 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:47 - Nov 13 by Jellybaby

I'm sure the Globalist cabal have some very important role for their man to play - they don't even try to hide anything these days!

Do you actually believe that? Not a dig but genuinely interested
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:10 - Nov 13 with 7027 viewskentsouthampton

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:10 - Nov 13 with 6874 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:47 - Nov 13 by Jellybaby

What’s the word in conspiracy corner, Jelly?

What fiendish plan do the cabal have for the has-been pig-headed referendum lover?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 19:14 - Nov 13 with 6869 viewsDorsetIan

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:38 - Nov 13 by saint22

Cleverly has been measured and at least appeared half-competent as Foreign Sec.

That said, I know someone who was at school with him, who has described him then as a ‘Grade A tool’

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 20:23 - Nov 13 with 6830 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:06 - Nov 13 by franniesTache

Do you actually believe that? Not a dig but genuinely interested

Do you actually not believe that our government is doing the business of those above them? Isn't that why people have given up on party politics because the MPs have as well, as even they know there is little to no point in what they do, which is why they are leaving in their droves?

When was the last time our government acted like a democracy - it was when Liz Truss was democratically elected via the party system - what happened then? The powers that be ousted her as she wasn't their choice.

Rishi was their choice, the MP who appeared from nowhere with billions to his name was put in power, completely unelected.

Now, pig shagger Dave (what else do they have on him to lure him out of retirement) is back and he's not even an MP - where is the democracy here? Parachuted in, because there are wars to wage and people to die - this depopulation agenda won't happen on it's own.

And now there are rumours of Tony warmonger Blair playing a role as an humanitarian ambassador in Gaza, which is akin to Harrold Shipman becoming the chief medical officer!

How can you not smell a rat?

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 10:05 - Nov 14 with 6711 viewsdirk_doone

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 20:23 - Nov 13 by Jellybaby

Do you actually not believe that our government is doing the business of those above them? Isn't that why people have given up on party politics because the MPs have as well, as even they know there is little to no point in what they do, which is why they are leaving in their droves?

When was the last time our government acted like a democracy - it was when Liz Truss was democratically elected via the party system - what happened then? The powers that be ousted her as she wasn't their choice.

Rishi was their choice, the MP who appeared from nowhere with billions to his name was put in power, completely unelected.

Now, pig shagger Dave (what else do they have on him to lure him out of retirement) is back and he's not even an MP - where is the democracy here? Parachuted in, because there are wars to wage and people to die - this depopulation agenda won't happen on it's own.

And now there are rumours of Tony warmonger Blair playing a role as an humanitarian ambassador in Gaza, which is akin to Harrold Shipman becoming the chief medical officer!

There must have been a global conspiracy of idiots for Liz Truss to become Prime Minister.

These global conspiracists do seem to be attracted to moronic leaders like Trump and Truss.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2023 10:08]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:03 - Nov 14 with 6692 viewsfranniesTache

Do i believe that governments are working national, supranational and global bodies to come to policy agreements?

Yes of course i do, because that's how diplomacy and economics work.

Do i think it's a nefarious plan?

No i think it's boring admin that most of the world - and industry - relies on to function.

Liz Truss did not fail because of a conspiracy, she failed because in 10 days she broke the bonds systems, crashed the economy, raised interest rates and was in real danger of wiping out pensions.

Her party removed her because the political damage she caused would've potentially destroyed the party forever.

As for Rishi being put in power as someone unelected, that's actually more the norm than the difference in the UK in the last 50 years.

And David Cameron in government as a lord is also not a particularly unique thing, most departments have sitting ministers from the lords, and the culture secretary under Johnson - Nicky Morgan - was actually in the lords for a period.

In terms of a foreign secretary in the upper chamber, even that has happened before, Peter Carington was a herditary peer who was foreign sectary under Thatcher (during the Falkands), and Peter Mandelson was business secretary from the Lords under Gordon Brown.

Generally most of what's going on in parliament is relatively dull and boring, and almost nothing that you suggest is a global conspiracy is out of character of uk constitutional politics, and most has examples of it happening previously.

On a side note have worked in both central governemnt and industry at a level where i'm dealing with board members of global countries i'll tell you the main reason i don't believe in a theory of global conspiracy, and it's actually very simple.

The mechanisms of power and change are boring, slow and remarkably disorganised, the idea a small group could affect change across countries, governments and industry efficiently and effectively bears no relationship to the reality i've seen in the slightest, and the idea that they could achieve it without a huge amount of people - normal people like you and me - knowing about it and being involved in it is impossible.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 12:15 - Nov 14 with 6662 viewssaint901

Reality check.

1. Who is "above them"? Who is "them"? We see a lot of conspiracy theories mentioning "them" but never any identity or proof of who they are, what they want or how they are achieving that.

2. Who is "leaving in droves"? Do you mean MPs? It is quite usual for MPs to leave Parliament when a GE is in the offing either because they think they have done enough or that their party is unlikely to win. Can't see that as having anything to do with the state of politics in general - again proof otherwise will always be considered.

3. Don't confuse "Government" and "democracy". Two very different things. We use a democratic system to elect a Gov't. Once elected, the Gov't acts in accordance with law and practice of the HoC.

4. Truss was an idiot with a set of ideas that would never have worked and which she sprung upon an economic market without notice or explanation. What did she expect the reaction to be? If somebody was out to destroy the livelihood and wealth of millions of people, they need to be stopped and that's what happened. Democracy in action perhaps?

5. Rishi does not have "billions". He probably has "millions" from his time working in finance. His wife is super wealthy but that is hers and is largely tied to her father's company.

6. And yes he is unelected as leader but of elected as an MP. No different from Gordon Brown when he became leader.

7. Cameron is a peer. The lords and ladies are part of the Parliamentary system and it's not unusual for a peer to be part of cabinet or to hold high office. It's been done before.

8. What depopulation agenda? Proof?

9. Blair I have no time for because he is a cynical and callous person hiding behind a political philosophy that was convenient at the time. I have heard no news about him being injected into the Gaza situation and cannot comment further.

Nothing here is proof of any over arching strategy from "them". It's just the last twitches of a dying Gov't led by a party tearing itself to ribbons through its inability to reconcile a number of massive egos. Part of the usual cycle of political parties since Roman times.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:26 - Nov 14 with 6642 viewssaintmark1976

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:03 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

Do i believe that governments are working national, supranational and global bodies to come to policy agreements?

No i think it's boring admin that most of the world - and industry - relies on to function.

Liz Truss did not fail because of a conspiracy, she failed because in 10 days she broke the bonds systems, crashed the economy, raised interest rates and was in real danger of wiping out pensions.

Her party removed her because the political damage she caused would've potentially destroyed the party forever.

As for Rishi being put in power as someone unelected, that's actually more the norm than the difference in the UK in the last 50 years.

And David Cameron in government as a lord is also not a particularly unique thing, most departments have sitting ministers from the lords, and the culture secretary under Johnson - Nicky Morgan - was actually in the lords for a period.

In terms of a foreign secretary in the upper chamber, even that has happened before, Peter Carington was a herditary peer who was foreign sectary under Thatcher (during the Falkands), and Peter Mandelson was business secretary from the Lords under Gordon Brown.

Generally most of what's going on in parliament is relatively dull and boring, and almost nothing that you suggest is a global conspiracy is out of character of uk constitutional politics, and most has examples of it happening previously.

On a side note have worked in both central governemnt and industry at a level where i'm dealing with board members of global countries i'll tell you the main reason i don't believe in a theory of global conspiracy, and it's actually very simple.

The mechanisms of power and change are boring, slow and remarkably disorganised, the idea a small group could affect change across countries, governments and industry efficiently and effectively bears no relationship to the reality i've seen in the slightest, and the idea that they could achieve it without a huge amount of people - normal people like you and me - knowing about it and being involved in it is impossible.

franniesTache and saint901, obviously neither of you have heard of The Bilderberg Group.
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:32 - Nov 14 with 6635 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:26 - Nov 14 by saintmark1976

franniesTache and saint901, obviously neither of you have heard of The Bilderberg Group.

yeah i've read about the conspiracy theories about them, but other than having an obvious ability to speak to people in power because of their wealth they have no influence whatsoever.

Honestly people need to chill out, there's no great conspiracy running the world, in fact the truth is way more depressing, humans just aren't very good at their jobs
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:40 - Nov 14 with 6633 viewsJellybaby

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 11:03 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

If you believe there are supranational and global bodies like WHO, WEF, Trilateral Commission (where Keir Starmer served for 2 years whilst an MP!), Bilderberg, Club of Rome et al involved in national politics and you don't think that their agendas with their massively superior budgets will trump those of the individual countries, then I find that surprising.

During the so called pandemic, countries acted in lockstep because they did not have the power not to. Boris was supposed to be a libertarian and his text messages show that he did not believe the propaganda, but he was impotent against the global powers.

You can rationalise a whole list of unlikely events if you wish, but at some point you have to say, hold on this doesn't feel right - that tipping point will come at different times for different people, but it will come, as we are pushed into poverty and state reliance through plandemics, wars, climate scaremongering and whatever other catastrophes they have planned for us.

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:54 - Nov 14 with 6627 viewsfranniesTache

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:40 - Nov 14 by Jellybaby

If you believe there are supranational and global bodies like WHO, WEF, Trilateral Commission (where Keir Starmer served for 2 years whilst an MP!), Bilderberg, Club of Rome et al involved in national politics and you don't think that their agendas with their massively superior budgets will trump those of the individual countries, then I find that surprising.

During the so called pandemic, countries acted in lockstep because they did not have the power not to. Boris was supposed to be a libertarian and his text messages show that he did not believe the propaganda, but he was impotent against the global powers.

You can rationalise a whole list of unlikely events if you wish, but at some point you have to say, hold on this doesn't feel right - that tipping point will come at different times for different people, but it will come, as we are pushed into poverty and state reliance through plandemics, wars, climate scaremongering and whatever other catastrophes they have planned for us.

"If you believe there are supranational and global bodies like WHO, WEF, Trilateral Commission (where Keir Starmer served for 2 years whilst an MP!), Bilderberg, Club of Rome et al involved in national politics and you don't think that their agendas with their massively superior budgets will trump those of the individual countries, then I find that surprising."

Let's take the first couple here because they perhaps have just cause for influence, the WHO and WEF will of course have some influence on national policy decisions, mainly because they're bodies set up with members of all nations that do research and strategy that is intended to inform it.

In much the same way that car makers have industry bodies, these are the industry bodies of government, they do an important job in the world, probably don't always get everything right but have no sinister ulterior motive.

There is an argument that the WEF is an organisation that looks at every problem through the lens of capitalism, which is a fair arguement, but then that's true of most governments too.

Groups like the Trilateral Commission, Bilderberg, Club of Rome etc. are merely lobby groups, they may influence some policy makers - much the same way the tufton club does - but they have no way of pushing an agenda on every government in the world, in fact they have real agenda to influence political parties.

"During the so called pandemic, countries acted in lockstep because they did not have the power not to. Boris was supposed to be a libertarian and his text messages show that he did not believe the propaganda, but he was impotent against the global powers."

I'm not sure there's any answer to this, not because you're right, but because if that's your viewpoint it's not worth a conversation, nothing I or anyone else says will change your mind.

"You can rationalise a whole list of unlikely events if you wish, but at some point you have to say, hold on this doesn't feel right - that tipping point will come at different times for different people, but it will come, as we are pushed into poverty and state reliance through plandemics, wars, climate scaremongering and whatever other catastrophes they have planned for us."

Honestly mush i think you're giving people far too much credit, there is nothing planned for us, most politics and state building is boring and even more is fairly inconsequential.

The truth is there is no global conspiracy, just a lot of generic group think and badly thought out policy, coupled with the limitations of humans at jobs far too difficult for most to solve
Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:58 - Nov 14 with 6624 viewssaintmark1976

Braverman gone - and I suspect nobody is sorry on 13:32 - Nov 14 by franniesTache

yeah i've read about the conspiracy theories about them, but other than having an obvious ability to speak to people in power because of their wealth they have no influence whatsoever.

Honestly people need to chill out, there's no great conspiracy running the world, in fact the truth is way more depressing, humans just aren't very good at their jobs

Well at least you admit to their existence so that’s a start I suppose.

Your comment “ they have no influence whatsoever” borders on the risible.

Have a look at Wikipedia for some background as to their history and details of previous attendees.

Maybe then you will form a more enlightened opinion as to their objectives and understand why their members are sworn to secrecy as to what they discuss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024