Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18 games in 17:11 - Nov 25 with 3211 viewsblackpooljack

And our season is effectively over. We are drifting to a mid table finish. Injuries have hit us hard but its game over as far as i'm concerned
18 games in on 17:14 - Nov 25 with 2554 viewsonehunglow

It’s not.
We will have to fight to stay up.
Mid table in no way guaranteed
We can score but cannot defend at crucial times

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

18 games in on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 2542 viewsunion_jack

18 games in on 17:14 - Nov 25 by onehunglow

It’s not.
We will have to fight to stay up.
Mid table in no way guaranteed
We can score but cannot defend at crucial times

Absolutely. Thinking we are drifting into mid table is not only delusional but a dangerous mindset!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

18 games in on 17:32 - Nov 25 with 2536 viewsChippy69

18 games in on 17:29 - Nov 25 by union_jack

Absolutely. Thinking we are drifting into mid table is not only delusional but a dangerous mindset!

Yea your right
I'm locked on to a bottom half end of season

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

18 games in on 18:13 - Nov 25 with 2460 viewsshingle

Mid table ??? your an optimistic guy fair play.
18 games in on 19:21 - Nov 25 with 2349 viewsvetchonian

we are just 7 points off the playoffs the Championship is
a strange league.....Coventry play off finalists last season are below us currently, Rotherham held the mighty Leeds to a draw....
I really don't understand our fan base though I appreciate a huge section had inly been around since the Liberty days....I struggle with the long term supporters whocan remember the good old 4th division days yet are negative about where we find ourselves today.

Good sides are usually settled and been together a while just as we were when Tosh arrived and when Martinez took the reins. Paolo and Brendan inherited sides with a high had been together a long time ( core of players with the odd addition).
We have had injury and suspension disruption most of the seasonal only 50% of todays outfield played here last season and Cooper wasn't a regular

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

18 games in on 19:33 - Nov 25 with 2325 viewsWhiterockin

18 games in on 19:21 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

a strange league.....Coventry play off finalists last season are below us currently, Rotherham held the mighty Leeds to a draw....
I really don't understand our fan base though I appreciate a huge section had inly been around since the Liberty days....I struggle with the long term supporters whocan remember the good old 4th division days yet are negative about where we find ourselves today.

Good sides are usually settled and been together a while just as we were when Tosh arrived and when Martinez took the reins. Paolo and Brendan inherited sides with a high had been together a long time ( core of players with the odd addition).
We have had injury and suspension disruption most of the seasonal only 50% of todays outfield played here last season and Cooper wasn't a regular

If this season was supposed to be an improvement on last season so far it's failed. Yes I remember the days of division 4 and the rundown vetch, but times and football have changed dramatically. We are now spending more on non football management than any time in the past, including the Premier League and what have we got to show for it. Yes there is time to turn it around this season, but so far it has been a shitshow, don't try and dress it up any other way.
18 games in on 19:50 - Nov 25 with 2291 viewsChippy69

Mate were sh it

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

18 games in on 19:52 - Nov 25 with 2286 viewsvetchonian

18 games in on 19:33 - Nov 25 by Whiterockin

If this season was supposed to be an improvement on last season so far it's failed. Yes I remember the days of division 4 and the rundown vetch, but times and football have changed dramatically. We are now spending more on non football management than any time in the past, including the Premier League and what have we got to show for it. Yes there is time to turn it around this season, but so far it has been a shitshow, don't try and dress it up any other way.

it's all about opinions
I don't disagree about the off field situation but my points about the disruption to the team is valid
Back in Tosh's day we had cb partnerships we had the Jimmy and Leighton Curt and Robbie Partnerships...like the Rangel and Dyer links these need time to develop our squad has been disrupted.
Maybe if Ginneley hadn't been injured Piroe and or Atcham stayed with less injuries at the back things may be different...this all I am trying to point out.
I.get it some folks don't like Duff but give him the same time his predecessor had....whisefootball would not have delivered a fame like today's and we might even had lost

Login to get fewer ads

18 games in on 20:04 - Nov 25 with 2266 viewsWhiterockin

18 games in on 19:52 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

it's all about opinions
I don't disagree about the off field situation but my points about the disruption to the team is valid
Back in Tosh's day we had cb partnerships we had the Jimmy and Leighton Curt and Robbie Partnerships...like the Rangel and Dyer links these need time to develop our squad has been disrupted.
Maybe if Ginneley hadn't been injured Piroe and or Atcham stayed with less injuries at the back things may be different...this all I am trying to point out.
I.get it some folks don't like Duff but give him the same time his predecessor had....whisefootball would not have delivered a fame like today's and we might even had lost

We can't live on maybes, yes we have had rotten luck with injurys but balance that against the good luck we have had with the loans, 5 being regular starters. In general we have been very poor and gate's dropping through the floor (what was the attendance today?) Is a true reflection of where we are. For several games now every time the opposition attack they look like scoring and if it wasn't for Rushworth they probably would. Set that against us looking toothless up front, without Lowe we would be struggling even more. IMO we expect and deserve better.
18 games in on 20:09 - Nov 25 with 2253 viewsKeithHaynes

The fans are losing faith, but after Leeds there’s opportunity to at least get it right.
Can’t be a season over in November.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

18 games in on 20:12 - Nov 25 with 2243 viewsWhiterockin

18 games in on 20:09 - Nov 25 by KeithHaynes

The fans are losing faith, but after Leeds there’s opportunity to at least get it right.
Can’t be a season over in November.

Wednesday is what they say a free hit, but next Saturday is a big one, a game we should and must win.
18 games in on 20:13 - Nov 25 with 2243 viewsvetchonian

18 games in on 20:04 - Nov 25 by Whiterockin

We can't live on maybes, yes we have had rotten luck with injurys but balance that against the good luck we have had with the loans, 5 being regular starters. In general we have been very poor and gate's dropping through the floor (what was the attendance today?) Is a true reflection of where we are. For several games now every time the opposition attack they look like scoring and if it wasn't for Rushworth they probably would. Set that against us looking toothless up front, without Lowe we would be struggling even more. IMO we expect and deserve better.

I believed we deserved better in Martins first season but that wasn't the case or last season either...
I m sure as season ticket holder I was included in the count today even though I wasn't there I was stuck on a train delayed on a trip to London.....
Forget the madness but it can't be denied the loss of Ginelly hasn't affected us.
WeavIn are in transition...until we get a stable side we will not progress

18 games in on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 2226 viewsWhiterockin

18 games in on 20:13 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

I believed we deserved better in Martins first season but that wasn't the case or last season either...
I m sure as season ticket holder I was included in the count today even though I wasn't there I was stuck on a train delayed on a trip to London.....
Forget the madness but it can't be denied the loss of Ginelly hasn't affected us.
WeavIn are in transition...until we get a stable side we will not progress

Listen mate we both love the Swans but have different options, that's fine. But for most of the game today it was like a morgue, the supporters are losing faith two wins at home is just not good enough.
18 games in on 20:23 - Nov 25 with 2215 viewsGwyn737

I’m not a real old timer (started properly in 1991) so I do remember some really low times, but I’ve never felt so distanced from the club.

What is there to get excited about at the mo?

Even in the dark days we had players who could excite, who you’d look forward to watching, who could give a chink of light in the most turgid of games.

When I watch now there is not one player I think any of these things about.

For someone who is very much an optimist it’s quite depressing.
18 games in on 20:37 - Nov 25 with 2180 viewsvetchonian

18 games in on 20:23 - Nov 25 by Gwyn737

I’m not a real old timer (started properly in 1991) so I do remember some really low times, but I’ve never felt so distanced from the club.

Even in the dark days we had players who could excite, who you’d look forward to watching, who could give a chink of light in the most turgid of games.

I go back to the 70s so maybe that's why I have a different "tolerance " level.
I agree about players I think Ginelly would be such a player to get us off our feet but he is injured....If Marti hasn't toyed with him Whittaker could have been the same too.
Unfortunately we don't have the income to buy the exciting players and given the tough demands in the championship Managers are reluctant to give Promising youngsters a start sometimes. The issue is these days Sky has given access to "better" football to be seen unlike back in the good old days when only the FA cup could be seen....as a result f as have different expectations of their local side....and the konry Sky has vrought has increased the gaps I quality

18 games in on 20:50 - Nov 25 with 2144 viewsWhiterockin

I tend to agree, normally you won't find a more half full person than me but I'm getting disillusioned with the whole club at the moment. I've had a season ticket since before the old division one days and always renewed as soon as they went on sale. But I will not be renewing when they go on sale in a couple of weeks. I will have to make a decision before I lose my seat, but it won't be the end of the world, most of my mates who sit by me and have done since the stadium opened feel the same. So if things change we could always sit together somewhere else, we will just have to wait and see how it pans out.
18 games in on 20:58 - Nov 25 with 2122 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

18 games in on 20:50 - Nov 25 by Whiterockin

I tend to agree, normally you won't find a more half full person than me but I'm getting disillusioned with the whole club at the moment. I've had a season ticket since before the old division one days and always renewed as soon as they went on sale. But I will not be renewing when they go on sale in a couple of weeks. I will have to make a decision before I lose my seat, but it won't be the end of the world, most of my mates who sit by me and have done since the stadium opened feel the same. So if things change we could always sit together somewhere else, we will just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Thought it was a decent game. They were slightly better than us. Had a couple of threatening players which we don’t.
2-2 if anything was a touch unfair on them.

Think our frustration is we feel we can be better but today want the game to hang anyone on

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

18 games in on 21:13 - Nov 25 with 2092 viewspembsjack

We are sleepwalking into a relegation battle under Duff, he's a clueless fraud. We set up to try and not to lose and don't offer much else. Its awful, he wont be here at the end of the season, just hope by the time they admit he's wrong, its not too late for us!
18 games in on 21:18 - Nov 25 with 2081 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The disconnect is a real thing. The Duff chants feel forced. We don’t have any X factor (which every other team seems to have at least one), but the effort is definitly there.

It’s a combination of bad recruitment and management or somewhere in between

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

18 games in on 21:27 - Nov 25 with 2070 viewsSullutaCreturned

The season isn't over. We have players to come back and when everyone is fit we could challenge the play offs BUT my disillusionment still runs deep.

The playings side has been poor, there have been positivr signs and when players return, who knows?

it's the owners, what's going on behind the scenes that irritates me, we are spending a load on people that I have to question us needing. Ths Hodge thing, why do we need him when I thought the ex Luton guy was the answer? Then there's Gude, how much does he cost?

All of this is weighing in with the fact that the Premier league really did start to put me off football entirely. The unfairness, how it is all set up to favour the top 6-7 teams, all the greed of those top clubs and the players and then there' the officials. Even after relegation the officials have been such that they are either absolutely useless or they really are cheating. Certainly Bobby Madeley is stealing a living or...I'd best not say it.

51 years in and I think I just had enough! I don't intend to renew my season ticket. My son wants to go but it's tough luck. he'll be 16 next year, he can go with his mates.

It's not really to do with us being rubbish, I've just had enough. I've watched us religiously when we were much worse. I loved watching Tommy Hutch who could still turn players inside out in his 40's, there was Sky and Chopper, Molby, , Walter Boyd, Savarese, Big Kevin "solid as a rock" Austin, Terry Phelan, even Joao Moreira. There were plenty of players who were worse than what we have today but who at least seemed committed, who gave everything if if they were gash...Paul Raynor!

The crowd today, I think I saw 14,864 but behind the Sky presenter at the game it looked really quite empty..
18 games in on 23:32 - Nov 25 with 1979 viewsReslovenSwan1

18 games in on 21:27 - Nov 25 by SullutaCreturned

The season isn't over. We have players to come back and when everyone is fit we could challenge the play offs BUT my disillusionment still runs deep.

The playings side has been poor, there have been positivr signs and when players return, who knows?

it's the owners, what's going on behind the scenes that irritates me, we are spending a load on people that I have to question us needing. Ths Hodge thing, why do we need him when I thought the ex Luton guy was the answer? Then there's Gude, how much does he cost?

All of this is weighing in with the fact that the Premier league really did start to put me off football entirely. The unfairness, how it is all set up to favour the top 6-7 teams, all the greed of those top clubs and the players and then there' the officials. Even after relegation the officials have been such that they are either absolutely useless or they really are cheating. Certainly Bobby Madeley is stealing a living or...I'd best not say it.

51 years in and I think I just had enough! I don't intend to renew my season ticket. My son wants to go but it's tough luck. he'll be 16 next year, he can go with his mates.

It's not really to do with us being rubbish, I've just had enough. I've watched us religiously when we were much worse. I loved watching Tommy Hutch who could still turn players inside out in his 40's, there was Sky and Chopper, Molby, , Walter Boyd, Savarese, Big Kevin "solid as a rock" Austin, Terry Phelan, even Joao Moreira. There were plenty of players who were worse than what we have today but who at least seemed committed, who gave everything if if they were gash...Paul Raynor!

The crowd today, I think I saw 14,864 but behind the Sky presenter at the game it looked really quite empty..

The team is set up to be average Coleman has come in and stated "average will not do". He has brought in a mate to make a difference so staff better shape up.

Hodge I see as an addition. An extra asset. It must be clear to all that recruitment has been at the core of most of the clubs problems over recent years. When good players have been given they have been allowed to leave. Gioykeres, Wolf? , Christie .

13 new player but 2 guys from the academy on the bench and 5 loans. 13? I am struggling to name them all. Njoe a On and Kukharevich barely had a look in. I hope they are not the new Ogbeta. Outside the loans I do not see a diamond like Carton Morris was at Luton.

Pay peanut get monkeys is the quote. Forum dwellers want to pay peanut and get the status quo.

I want Coleman Gude Watson and Hodge (if he comes) to revolutionise the club. Fletcher was hopefully just the start of the Americana prospects. Bring in high potential youngsters and bring them through the academy under Wright. Fletcher is there and Govea in the u18. Recent scouting up to now seems to be focussed on south West England with Exters at the edge of the great unknown for Swansea.

I see Hodge as good news not another mouth to feed. Swansea people are notoriously negative. Pozuelo would have been great in the Championship and did not cost a fortune.

Wise sage since Toshack era

18 games in on 07:18 - Nov 26 with 1874 viewsjackrmee

I started going to the vetch early 90s as well mate and totally agree with that post.
There is no spark on the pitch, there doesn’t seem to be much tactical nous or honesty in the dugout, and the off field management and ownership are a joke.
Not my favourite time as a Swansea City fan that’s for sure.

But what are the answers?

Chairman seems to be wanting more emphasis on youth, with more recruitment in the academy management and scouting team, but our manager doesn’t seem to want to give any kids any minutes, even after stating on numerous occasions how thin we are up top.
Bolasie may be a revelation, but what is this showing our young players?
It shows them our manager doesn’t believe they are good enough. And maybe they aren’t. But give them a chance.

I haven’t watched the u21s, but they are doing well and playing great football by all accounts. Maybe it’s more like Matrinball they are playing and Duff doesn’t like it? Puzzling. Fletcher seems like one of the standouts (especially goal wise), but Duff downplays him and says there are others ahead of him. Then doesn’t play any others.
Putting a few youngsters on the bench and never using them, is merely a token gesture imo. They may gain a little experience from being around the first team on match days, but players like Congreve seem to have gone backwards.

Maybe Duff knows what he’s doing and all this talk about stitching different good aspects together and balancing what we do well, seems like more smoke and mirrors, and an excuse for inconsistency.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

18 games in on 07:25 - Nov 26 with 1870 viewsjackrmee

Same here.
I’ve been subject of banter and more in the past due to my optimism. It’s gone. Even in the midst of bad times with Martin and Potter, there was things to feel excited about.
At the moment I just can’t see any direction or meaning in what we are trying to do. And that goes all through the club.
Dugout, senior management in wales and USA. All seems like a political campaign. No truth. No care. Just let’s make money for our mates and get yes men in to help us do it. It isn’t football and it isn’t fun.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

18 games in on 07:25 - Nov 26 with 1868 viewsSullutaCreturned

18 games in on 23:32 - Nov 25 by ReslovenSwan1

The team is set up to be average Coleman has come in and stated "average will not do". He has brought in a mate to make a difference so staff better shape up.

Hodge I see as an addition. An extra asset. It must be clear to all that recruitment has been at the core of most of the clubs problems over recent years. When good players have been given they have been allowed to leave. Gioykeres, Wolf? , Christie .

13 new player but 2 guys from the academy on the bench and 5 loans. 13? I am struggling to name them all. Njoe a On and Kukharevich barely had a look in. I hope they are not the new Ogbeta. Outside the loans I do not see a diamond like Carton Morris was at Luton.

Pay peanut get monkeys is the quote. Forum dwellers want to pay peanut and get the status quo.

I want Coleman Gude Watson and Hodge (if he comes) to revolutionise the club. Fletcher was hopefully just the start of the Americana prospects. Bring in high potential youngsters and bring them through the academy under Wright. Fletcher is there and Govea in the u18. Recent scouting up to now seems to be focussed on south West England with Exters at the edge of the great unknown for Swansea.

I see Hodge as good news not another mouth to feed. Swansea people are notoriously negative. Pozuelo would have been great in the Championship and did not cost a fortune.

Ah so it's not ok to spend peanuts on the back room staff but it's ok to constantly use the peanuts for players?

Besides which, it's not about paying a decent wage to anybody, it's about how many backroom staff we have compared to how mnay we actually need.

I don't doubt there are hidden gens out there, we've found more than a few in the past, Angel Rangel to start with. 25k from Terrassa was an all time bargain. However, we cannot keep buying the cheap option in the belief they will become Rangels, sometimes we need to get the right player and that means spending a bit. All too ften these owners have spent peanuts on mnkeys AND spent larger sums on monkeys too.

Now then, you say Forum dwellers want to pay eanuts and that is not true, it's a false narrative, what we want is honesty and nt the continual spin.

You say players were allowed to leave Gyokeres, Wolff and Christie well ok then BUT who was it who refused to oay for Christie...it was the owners, not the fans, not the manager, the American owners. Wolff may be a good player but the then manager didn't use him to his best ability.
Players can have potential, weve had plenty of them too, potential most of them have failed to live up to.

Coleman has stated "average will not do" yet all he has had us sign on the playing side IS average, or worse. Open your eyes.

How many players have we been close to signing only for our owners to step in and cancel the deal?
18 games in on 07:33 - Nov 26 with 1866 viewsjackrmee

18 games in on 23:32 - Nov 25 by ReslovenSwan1

I’m all for getting a top recruitment team. Definitely all for concentrating on the academy and bringing through young players, but we don’t seem to have a manager who cares about young players at all.
Maybe it is the case that NONE of them are good enough for an opportunity, but I don’t remember another manager who has played less youth players, and especially whilst saying how thin the squad is with injuries.
The u21s are banging goals in left right and centre, yet the manager says that the top scorer is well down the pecking order to get a first team chance, then we go try and sign a close to 40yr old winger to provide us with goals.

Just don’t get it and not enjoying it.
This is the worst I’ve felt since leaving the prem.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024