Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ralph Hasenhuttl 16:48 - Dec 5 with 1662 viewsgrumpy

On this day 5 years ago he was appointed Saints Manager.
I liked Ralph but those two 9-0 defeats.....................
You should never lose 9-0 at Home in my opinion.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2023 16:50]
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:41 - Dec 5 with 1605 viewsJellybaby

I know, 9-0 away is fine, but 9-0 at Home, completely unacceptable!

Seriously, I really liked Ralph, but sadly his lasting legacy will be, not one, but two 9-0 embarrassments. It's quite the stat.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 20:45 - Dec 5 with 1509 viewsSaintNick

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:41 - Dec 5 by Jellybaby

I know, 9-0 away is fine, but 9-0 at Home, completely unacceptable!

Seriously, I really liked Ralph, but sadly his lasting legacy will be, not one, but two 9-0 embarrassments. It's quite the stat.

In fairness. there were mitigating circumstances in both, sendings off and VAR decisions

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:16 - Dec 5 with 1431 viewsSouthamptonfan

It can't be argued that two nine nil defeats for a premier league team are unacceptable. But put those defeats aside, I like the guy and he has many qualities. He mostly did a good job for us, under difficult circumstances during the cash strapped Gao years. All water under the bridge now. He is a manager I would clap if he ever managed again and made an appearance at St Mary's. He clearly cared about SFC and I value that.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 08:59 - Dec 6 with 1327 viewsSaintNick

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 22:16 - Dec 5 by Southamptonfan

It can't be argued that two nine nil defeats for a premier league team are unacceptable. But put those defeats aside, I like the guy and he has many qualities. He mostly did a good job for us, under difficult circumstances during the cash strapped Gao years. All water under the bridge now. He is a manager I would clap if he ever managed again and made an appearance at St Mary's. He clearly cared about SFC and I value that.

I second that, once a Saints always a Saint is a phrase bandied about on some forums, but he is one who deserves to be remembered fondly

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:38 - Dec 6 with 1232 viewssaint901

For me Ralph was not about a couple of 9-0 hammerings but rather his clueless response to the obvious problems we had on the pitch.

His period with us was marked by good runs of results and (too many) poor runs of results and he didn't seem able to deal with either.

He was always on the pitch at the end of the game if we had won and always missing if we had lost. He often stood in a come when we were being battered and could not bring himself to ask his assistants for help even then.

Finally, he could (and in my view, should) have stood up to the owners and told them what he wanted to arrest the poor results. He didn't, stayed and we got relegated.

Like most managers he failed to see the cliff edge approaching and hung oin too long.
Ralph Hasenhuttl on 19:12 - Dec 6 with 1194 viewssaintwizzler

Ralph Hasenhuttl on 17:38 - Dec 6 by saint901

For me Ralph was not about a couple of 9-0 hammerings but rather his clueless response to the obvious problems we had on the pitch.

His period with us was marked by good runs of results and (too many) poor runs of results and he didn't seem able to deal with either.

He was always on the pitch at the end of the game if we had won and always missing if we had lost. He often stood in a come when we were being battered and could not bring himself to ask his assistants for help even then.

Finally, he could (and in my view, should) have stood up to the owners and told them what he wanted to arrest the poor results. He didn't, stayed and we got relegated.

Like most managers he failed to see the cliff edge approaching and hung oin too long.

Like other managers why worry if you get the sack?
He’s still being paid handsomely until next June.

He was great when he first came to the club, but the season after Covid when I sat in the Itchen watching him hands in pockets, staring at the ground, looking disinterested put me off him.

In hindsight we might as well of gone down with him instead of appointing two clowns as managers who followed him.
Sports Republic fúcked up big time.

So thanks Ralph and enjoy your retirement on Southampton Football Club.

WE NEED TO GO UP THIS SEASON OR NEXT ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024