Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alrtrincham (A) 22:48 - Feb 10 with 3995 viewsShun

Apologies if I’m just being blind, but is there no match thread? Any comments about the game for those who went? Nice to see Hayes, Mitchell and Nevett back. Did anyone play well?
Alrtrincham (A) on 23:00 - Feb 10 with 3948 viewsJames1980

Must be that Mandela effect, I'm sure there was a thread about the match.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Alrtrincham (A) on 23:09 - Feb 10 with 3907 viewsdingdangblue

There was...
Then there wasn't...
🤔

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Alrtrincham (A) on 00:20 - Feb 11 with 3742 viewsKingstdale

There was,,I started it. No ideas where it's gone.
Can I have an explanation please?
Alrtrincham (A) on 06:54 - Feb 11 with 3575 viewsChaffRAFC

I got rid of it after a couple of complaints about the contents of it and rather than sift through 6 pages of posts, I got rid of it late last night so apologies for that.as there will have been some good posts within it as well lost in the nonsense.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Alrtrincham (A) on 10:59 - Feb 11 with 3191 viewsrealisticdale33

Alrtrincham (A) on 06:54 - Feb 11 by ChaffRAFC

I got rid of it after a couple of complaints about the contents of it and rather than sift through 6 pages of posts, I got rid of it late last night so apologies for that.as there will have been some good posts within it as well lost in the nonsense.

As McNulty said context is really important. Yes it was an awful performance but for our first season in the league with the budget we have we are doing very well. Trust the process
Alrtrincham (A) on 11:05 - Feb 11 with 3177 viewsEllDale

Didn’t go myself but could anyone clarify how the team was setup please?
I can see that East and Gilmour presumably started in midfield but were they the only two?
Struggle to see how Hayes, Sinclair, Mitchell and Mellor all play anywhere but upfront?
Probably the strongest squad of 16 players we’ve assembled since November?
Alrtrincham (A) on 11:31 - Feb 11 with 3113 viewsNorthernDale

I attended the game, it was a normal back four, I cannot understand why Gordon is starting in front of Keohane.

Hayes and Sinclair seemed to operate on the wings, with East and Gilmour in midfield, up front you had Mitchell, I am not sure what position Mellor played in, because was so ineffectual, I presumed he was up front.

We seem to dominate in terms of possession, without creating anything of note.
[Post edited 11 Feb 11:36]
Alrtrincham (A) on 11:36 - Feb 11 with 3086 views442Dale

Alrtrincham (A) on 11:31 - Feb 11 by NorthernDale

I attended the game, it was a normal back four, I cannot understand why Gordon is starting in front of Keohane.

Hayes and Sinclair seemed to operate on the wings, with East and Gilmour in midfield, up front you had Mitchell, I am not sure what position Mellor played in, because was so ineffectual, I presumed he was up front.

We seem to dominate in terms of possession, without creating anything of note.
[Post edited 11 Feb 11:36]

Gordon has done ok so far, it was not utilising Keohane at LB allowing John to play midfield and East in a position where he’s more effective behind the centre forward which was McNulty’s biggest mistake.

It’s as if having more players available has clouded the thinking about the versatility of our players.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Alrtrincham (A) on 12:00 - Feb 11 with 3001 viewsDrigdale

Alrtrincham (A) on 11:05 - Feb 11 by EllDale

Didn’t go myself but could anyone clarify how the team was setup please?
I can see that East and Gilmour presumably started in midfield but were they the only two?
Struggle to see how Hayes, Sinclair, Mitchell and Mellor all play anywhere but upfront?
Probably the strongest squad of 16 players we’ve assembled since November?

Agree about the strongest 16 comment. Its just the correct 11 in my opinion were not in the starting line up.
In addition we also have the 2 players from Man Utd waiting in the wings. Is there any likelihood that they will make an appearance? Surely they are more than good enough to play at this level.
Alrtrincham (A) on 12:27 - Feb 11 with 2891 viewsEdindale

Yesterday feels like a significant watershed. It would take a major effort to make the play offs now and there is also little realistic chance of relegation.

BJ and the Board need to reflect and start planning positively for next year now. This includes getting rid of those that do not want to represent the club in a professional manner. We should be cutting costs wherever possible and thinking of giving young players experience once we are safe.

Part of this obviously revolves around our playing style and the need for fans to be entertained especially at home. The National League is not the Football League and there appears to be less reward for possession based tactics. As he acknowledged we need a cutting edge in the final third.

The future of George Nevett and Tyrese Sinclair will possibly be a catalyst for the scale of change required.

Do Altrincham have a bigger budget than us? They have a player (Newby) who was prominent for them but deemed not good enough for us? Team selection seemed incoherent? Their defence was resolute.

The next few months will be a major test of BJs contacts and prowess in terms of recruitment for his 'project'. Lets hope he uses the time wisely and leaves the coaching manual to one side for a while.
Alrtrincham (A) on 12:57 - Feb 11 with 2796 viewsChaffRAFC

Alrtrincham (A) on 12:00 - Feb 11 by Drigdale

Agree about the strongest 16 comment. Its just the correct 11 in my opinion were not in the starting line up.
In addition we also have the 2 players from Man Utd waiting in the wings. Is there any likelihood that they will make an appearance? Surely they are more than good enough to play at this level.

They are but it's United choice and I very much doubt United will want them playing on awful pitches, especially ones covered in sand. Suspect we'll see them maybe a handful of times.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Alrtrincham (A) on 12:59 - Feb 11 with 2795 viewsHopwoodblue

Alrtrincham (A) on 12:27 - Feb 11 by Edindale

Yesterday feels like a significant watershed. It would take a major effort to make the play offs now and there is also little realistic chance of relegation.

BJ and the Board need to reflect and start planning positively for next year now. This includes getting rid of those that do not want to represent the club in a professional manner. We should be cutting costs wherever possible and thinking of giving young players experience once we are safe.

Part of this obviously revolves around our playing style and the need for fans to be entertained especially at home. The National League is not the Football League and there appears to be less reward for possession based tactics. As he acknowledged we need a cutting edge in the final third.

The future of George Nevett and Tyrese Sinclair will possibly be a catalyst for the scale of change required.

Do Altrincham have a bigger budget than us? They have a player (Newby) who was prominent for them but deemed not good enough for us? Team selection seemed incoherent? Their defence was resolute.

The next few months will be a major test of BJs contacts and prowess in terms of recruitment for his 'project'. Lets hope he uses the time wisely and leaves the coaching manual to one side for a while.

I think planning for next season is impossible at the moment due to
A. Not knowing who might own the club and would they want their own man in as manager ?

B. Will we still be here in August and if so what level might we be playing at ?

Finances will be stretched more than ever once the season ends.
[Post edited 11 Feb 12:59]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Alrtrincham (A) on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 2699 viewsTVOS1907

Alrtrincham (A) on 12:27 - Feb 11 by Edindale

I don't understand the Newby comment.

At the time of his release, over 18 months ago, he hadn't been good enough for us for the majority of the 2021/22 season, in particular his performance and refusal to get 'stuck in' during a game at Crawley. He scored one goal his final 22 appearances for the club.

He has since struggled to establish himself at Colchester and is now playing at a level arguably more suited to his abilities.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Alrtrincham (A) on 14:21 - Feb 11 with 2542 viewsturnthescrew

Alrtrincham (A) on 13:23 - Feb 11 by TVOS1907

I don't understand the Newby comment.

At the time of his release, over 18 months ago, he hadn't been good enough for us for the majority of the 2021/22 season, in particular his performance and refusal to get 'stuck in' during a game at Crawley. He scored one goal his final 22 appearances for the club.

He has since struggled to establish himself at Colchester and is now playing at a level arguably more suited to his abilities.

He was crap at Spotland, crap at Colchester and he's still crap. I was glad to see the back of him, because he was a waste of a wage.
Alrtrincham (A) on 15:35 - Feb 11 with 2335 viewsTVOS1907

Alrtrincham (A) on 14:21 - Feb 11 by turnthescrew

He was crap at Spotland, crap at Colchester and he's still crap. I was glad to see the back of him, because he was a waste of a wage.

I think we are saying the same thing in different tones!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Alrtrincham (A) on 20:28 - Feb 11 with 1923 viewsnordenblue

If anyone wants to watch the good and the bad side from (over) playing it out from the back watch the Spurs v Brighton game and even more so the post match analysis on MOTD is interesting too.

Spurs conceded a penalty being caught over playing it at the back, they also got caught out numerous times during the game, but they also scored the winner on the counter from it too in injury time.
Alrtrincham (A) on 20:33 - Feb 11 with 1910 views49thseason

Alrtrincham (A) on 20:28 - Feb 11 by nordenblue

If anyone wants to watch the good and the bad side from (over) playing it out from the back watch the Spurs v Brighton game and even more so the post match analysis on MOTD is interesting too.

Spurs conceded a penalty being caught over playing it at the back, they also got caught out numerous times during the game, but they also scored the winner on the counter from it too in injury time.

Thing is, Spurs counter at the speed of light, we counter at the speed of frozen mud.
Alrtrincham (A) on 20:38 - Feb 11 with 1890 viewsnordenblue

Alrtrincham (A) on 20:33 - Feb 11 by 49thseason

Thing is, Spurs counter at the speed of light, we counter at the speed of frozen mud.

Couldn't agree with you any more, even with the quality of their defenders and keeper they still get caught out countless times too, so what chance have we got, but when it works it really works for them.
Alrtrincham (A) on 21:23 - Feb 11 with 1809 viewsShun

Alrtrincham (A) on 20:33 - Feb 11 by 49thseason

We’ve actually had some impressive counterattacks this season. The trouble is, they all began with Moulden.
Alrtrincham (A) on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 1794 viewsnordenblue

Alrtrincham (A) on 21:23 - Feb 11 by Shun

We’ve actually had some impressive counterattacks this season. The trouble is, they all began with Moulden.

and all ended with Moulden too it seems......
Alrtrincham (A) on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 1765 views49thseason

Perhaps if the two centre backs weren't in some sort of competition to break the world record for passing each other and they looked up occasionally to see wingers cutting inside and others making runs into spaces, we would make more progress.?
Alrtrincham (A) on 08:50 - Feb 12 with 1439 viewsrealisticdale33

He’s definitely been a big miss. As a keeper he had a massive impact in the way we played aswell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024