Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table for the last 50 years 09:23 - Feb 15 with 7881 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting, Sky have put together a league table from the last 50 years of the game and have us at 11th in the list.

Weirdly given they're such a MASSSSIVE club and clearly the biggest, hugeest, most pashooonist club in the world the skates are 37th.

This surely can't be right given that would make them perennial lower league fodder and not the glaticos of the south coast that we are so often told they are?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 14:44 - Feb 15 with 1112 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 14:34 - Feb 15 by InTimeAddedOn

I have simply added 130 to the ‘Ignored Members/Posts’ list, so I don’t have to encounter any of the numpty’s drivel as I have zero interest in anything any Sk8 has to say on this forum. So, at the click of an icon 130 is consigned to digital oblivion down in the UI dungeons beneath the website. So easy to do

A sensible strategy tbf.

It avoids having to face up to facts, which if we are being honest can be tough for Soton fans

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League table for the last 50 years on 14:48 - Feb 15 with 1112 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 14:32 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

Good afternoon mr 130

The choice of an arbitrary number of 45 did not in anyway hurt me, what it showed to me was that your innate insecurity meant you felt the need to change the topic of conversation away from the facts being presented.

It would feel to me that the repeated efforts on your part to change the topic so you could avoid historical facts that show your club have been persistently below us in the league lends us to think that you understand the reality.

It would also suggest that this reality creates deep rooted insecurity in you and therefore you need to change the topic to make yourself feel better, and not have to confront the reality you know is true deep in your heart.

Anyway i'd suggest perhaps that avoidance counselling could help you here? You could face your demons, accept your insecurity and move on with life in a more productive and less scarred way.

In anticipation of your coming breakthrough

FT

Not sue i understand

I acknowledged and stated the 27th on the list and the -313 goal difference which were both on tables presented by yourself. Yet you haven't acknowledged those facts yourself.

Also, I seem to remember you saying that you werent old enough to know anything about the FA cup win, so I tried adjusting the timescales for you ie firstly this centrury, then 40 years, then 45 year. But you just seem to want to go back to 50 years some for unknown reason.

League table for the last 50 years on 15:10 - Feb 15 with 1098 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 14:48 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Not sue i understand

I acknowledged and stated the 27th on the list and the -313 goal difference which were both on tables presented by yourself. Yet you haven't acknowledged those facts yourself.

Also, I seem to remember you saying that you werent old enough to know anything about the FA cup win, so I tried adjusting the timescales for you ie firstly this centrury, then 40 years, then 45 year. But you just seem to want to go back to 50 years some for unknown reason.

Best wishes mr 130

I am frankly not surprised that you fail to understand that the conversation being had was one based on the original table produced by the television company Sky Sports, it does seem you have some difficulties with understanding things.

Perhaps these cognitive dissonances are the reason that you keep trying to change the subject?

Could i perhaps suggest you look into reading lessons? It would save you so much time in your day and stop you feeling the need to set up new straw men.

I'm eager to hear of your progress, both on this front and the counselling for your insecurities.

I can’t wait to see what you accomplish next,

FT
League table for the last 50 years on 15:14 - Feb 15 with 1085 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:52 - Feb 15 by franniesTache

let's give him the benefit of the doubt and go for the all time league table, the combined table of every division one and post premier league season ever played.

I'm sure he'll be more reasonable about that...

Oh, wait, well i guess those stats are wrong too.

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/eng-premier-league/

It certainly does look like you put this table up.

Were you just trying to change the subject from your opening post?

League table for the last 50 years on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 1083 viewsHollywood56

League table for the last 50 years on 11:55 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The thing is, and this has been said before. Do you want to just pootle along not winning much, or actually win stuff now and again?

Pompey has been one of the worst run clubs in the country, and we all know this. yet, despite all this, we get behind the club and push it on and win stuff at the critical times. This is a fundamental difference between the two clubs.

To use your terminilogy : Soton fans need to get some proper pahion mush.

Maybe next year you could win the Championship, cos if you go up this year via the play-offs, you will be struggling again and will probably end up another yoyo club.

What does pahion mean please?
League table for the last 50 years on 15:24 - Feb 15 with 1073 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 15:21 - Feb 15 by Hollywood56

Type in

"pahion meaning" into a search engine, and it will lead to the answer you desire

League table for the last 50 years on 18:40 - Feb 15 with 982 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 15:21 - Feb 15 by Hollywood56

It means that the level of education in Portsmouth is very low.
League table for the last 50 years on 18:57 - Feb 15 with 970 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 14:44 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

A sensible strategy tbf.

It avoids having to face up to facts, which if we are being honest can be tough for Soton fans

So basically 130, to sum up briefly, over the last 50 years (or anyone alive today) Pompey have mainly been lower league fodder, playing generally in front of a half full stadiums and have won (cheated) the the same amount of domestic honours as their neighbours who have spent most seasons playing the top teams in the country in the best league in the World. Correct?
Login to get fewer ads

League table for the last 50 years on 21:34 - Feb 15 with 887 viewscocklebreath

I’ve been alive for 48 years and over 40 of them saints have finished above Pompey and had a higher attendance. Argument finished you fishfvvkng c&nt

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

League table for the last 50 years on 23:18 - Feb 15 with 838 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 21:34 - Feb 15 by cocklebreath

I’ve been alive for 48 years and over 40 of them saints have finished above Pompey and had a higher attendance. Argument finished you fishfvvkng c&nt

Have you been really angry for 48 years as well?

League table for the last 50 years on 23:24 - Feb 15 with 837 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 18:57 - Feb 15 by hedgeend61

So basically 130, to sum up briefly, over the last 50 years (or anyone alive today) Pompey have mainly been lower league fodder, playing generally in front of a half full stadiums and have won (cheated) the the same amount of domestic honours as their neighbours who have spent most seasons playing the top teams in the country in the best league in the World. Correct?

So, basically in the most successful part of your history ie the last 50 years, we have spent around half of the time in the Championship level, but crucially have won one FA cup, just like your club

Of course, we also won the Championship, so we have outdone you on trophies.

So, we have out-performed you on trophies in the least successful part of our clubs history. I think that says a lot

League table for the last 50 years on 00:06 - Feb 16 with 822 viewscocklebreath

League table for the last 50 years on 23:18 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Have you been really angry for 48 years as well?

Case closed you fish f&cking c£nt.
Why are all Pompey fans either ginger or look like David Dickinson? a weird area full of London wannabes.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

League table for the last 50 years on 09:45 - Feb 16 with 765 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 23:24 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, basically in the most successful part of your history ie the last 50 years, we have spent around half of the time in the Championship level, but crucially have won one FA cup, just like your club

So, we have out-performed you on trophies in the least successful part of our clubs history. I think that says a lot

Winning the championship means a year spent not being in the top division, I guess in that case you have had a lot more opportunities to win the championship/lower divisions than we have.
If you are counting competitions that really don’t matter we won the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, but I think we have a bit too much pride to celebrate that, guess you have to be a mediocre club from a crap place to celebrate the small wins.
League table for the last 50 years on 11:00 - Feb 16 with 719 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 09:45 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

Winning the championship means a year spent not being in the top division, I guess in that case you have had a lot more opportunities to win the championship/lower divisions than we have.
If you are counting competitions that really don’t matter we won the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, but I think we have a bit too much pride to celebrate that, guess you have to be a mediocre club from a crap place to celebrate the small wins.

" I guess in that case you have had a lot more opportunities to win"

Well, this is hilarious, and not thought out

Soton
Top two divisions = 86 years - No championships
3rd division = 11 years - 2 Championships

League table for the last 50 years on 11:28 - Feb 16 with 681 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 23:24 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Gotta be in it to win it I guess, 1 Championship win from 25 pokes, you never counted winning the 3rd and 4th divs in the 18 seasons in the bottom 2 leagues, same tinpot?

Open Top bus parade for winning the second Division
Only in Pompey, embarrassing.
League table for the last 50 years on 11:39 - Feb 16 with 658 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 15:24 - Feb 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Type in

"pahion meaning" into a search engine, and it will lead to the answer you desire

I followed the instructions to the letter, desired answer?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/gaffer-fratton-park-ha
League table for the last 50 years on 11:44 - Feb 16 with 647 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 11:00 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

" I guess in that case you have had a lot more opportunities to win"

Well, this is hilarious, and not thought out

Soton
Top two divisions = 86 years - No championships
3rd division = 11 years - 2 Championships

Not very good at keeping on the topic are you. My response was to your comment about the last fifty years and this page is about the last fifty years but you change it to a far larger period.

In the last fifty years Saints have spent:
38 years in the top division
10 years in the second
2 years in the third

In that time you have spent:
8 years in the top division
23 years in the second
13 years in the third
6 years in the fourth.

So yes you have had over double the opportunities to win a division that in order to win you have had to not been good enough to be in the division above before! Not much of an achievement, the season you won the championship we were in the division above so your supposed moment of glory was a title that shows you were worse than us!

Now you might not to get a few of your friends heads together to do this maths (I know they smell but just hold your nose) but you have not spent as many years in the top two divisions as we have in the top division in the last 50 years. Little bit of a hint but 23 plus 8 is less than 38, even giving you a whole extra league to try and even the numbers and you are behind us!
League table for the last 50 years on 11:56 - Feb 16 with 614 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:44 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

Not very good at keeping on the topic are you. My response was to your comment about the last fifty years and this page is about the last fifty years but you change it to a far larger period.

In the last fifty years Saints have spent:
38 years in the top division
10 years in the second
2 years in the third

In that time you have spent:
8 years in the top division
23 years in the second
13 years in the third
6 years in the fourth.

So yes you have had over double the opportunities to win a division that in order to win you have had to not been good enough to be in the division above before! Not much of an achievement, the season you won the championship we were in the division above so your supposed moment of glory was a title that shows you were worse than us!

Now you might not to get a few of your friends heads together to do this maths (I know they smell but just hold your nose) but you have not spent as many years in the top two divisions as we have in the top division in the last 50 years. Little bit of a hint but 23 plus 8 is less than 38, even giving you a whole extra league to try and even the numbers and you are behind us!

Well, lets just hope you don't get promoted this season, cos there is no way you will ever win the PL ie you had 38 attempts, and they were all failures.

Best concentrate on the 2nd tier, and be successful

BTW - We only ever had 33 top flight opportunities, but we took two of them

League table for the last 50 years on 11:58 - Feb 16 with 612 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 00:06 - Feb 16 by cocklebreath

Case closed you fish f&cking c£nt.
Why are all Pompey fans either ginger or look like David Dickinson? a weird area full of London wannabes.

Get some vitamin B inside you eh fella. It might cool you down a bit

League table for the last 50 years on 12:00 - Feb 16 with 606 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:28 - Feb 16 by hedgeend61

Gotta be in it to win it I guess, 1 Championship win from 25 pokes, you never counted winning the 3rd and 4th divs in the 18 seasons in the bottom 2 leagues, same tinpot?

Open Top bus parade for winning the second Division
Only in Pompey, embarrassing.

I guess your club never had the opportunity to decide to celebrate a 2nd tier championship. I bet you would

League table for the last 50 years on 12:02 - Feb 16 with 604 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 11:39 - Feb 16 by hedgeend61

I followed the instructions to the letter, desired answer?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/gaffer-fratton-park-ha

LOL,

If only the retard picking me up on my 'spelling' mistake had read back to see how FT 'mispelled' the word.

League table for the last 50 years on 12:19 - Feb 16 with 580 viewsPaleRider

League table for the last 50 years on 12:02 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

LOL,

If only the retard picking me up on my 'spelling' mistake had read back to see how FT 'mispelled' the word.

Shame you have to resort to using an offensive term ("retard") to describe someone - you've really lost the argument.

[Post edited 16 Feb 12:23]
League table for the last 50 years on 12:59 - Feb 16 with 557 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 12:19 - Feb 16 by PaleRider

Shame you have to resort to using an offensive term ("retard") to describe someone - you've really lost the argument.

[Post edited 16 Feb 12:23]

Picking people up on spelling misakes is always a bit weak, especially if the accuser hasn't been on the thread previously.

If he had only looked at the OP, he would have seen that FT 'mispelled' this word with exageration, and if he had bothered to check - I was answering FT with my 'mispelling' ie the accuser has been a bit slow ie retarded

You now, have come on this thread with your holier than though/ woke accusation without understanding the thread or the context. Well done

League table for the last 50 years on 13:17 - Feb 16 with 550 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 11:56 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Well, lets just hope you don't get promoted this season, cos there is no way you will ever win the PL ie you had 38 attempts, and they were all failures.

Best concentrate on the 2nd tier, and be successful

BTW - We only ever had 33 top flight opportunities, but we took two of them

Your logic is incredibly flawed, explains why you guys regularly drop to the third and fourth tiers, you seem to think winning those are more impressive than playing in the top tier. Maybe you guys should go yo-yo between National league and national league south and then you could be rivals with Eastleigh? More your sort of level and you could get all those glorious league titles!
League table for the last 50 years on 13:25 - Feb 16 with 532 viewsPaleRider

League table for the last 50 years on 12:59 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Picking people up on spelling misakes is always a bit weak, especially if the accuser hasn't been on the thread previously.

If he had only looked at the OP, he would have seen that FT 'mispelled' this word with exageration, and if he had bothered to check - I was answering FT with my 'mispelling' ie the accuser has been a bit slow ie retarded

You now, have come on this thread with your holier than though/ woke accusation without understanding the thread or the context. Well done

Absolutely understand the context of the thread.

According to the Cambridge Dictionary the term "retard" is "a word for a person with a learning disability (= a condition that can have an effect on someone's ability to learn easily), which was used by doctors in the past but is now extremely offensive". It's not holier than thou or woke to pick someone up on that - it's just decent.

You've clearly been a bit agitated by this criticism because your last sentence has one grammatical error (no comma after now) and one spelling mistake (though for thou). Maybe try to understand the modern usage of language and calm down a bit before posting?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024