Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League table for the last 50 years 09:23 - Feb 15 with 7882 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting, Sky have put together a league table from the last 50 years of the game and have us at 11th in the list.

Weirdly given they're such a MASSSSIVE club and clearly the biggest, hugeest, most pashooonist club in the world the skates are 37th.

This surely can't be right given that would make them perennial lower league fodder and not the glaticos of the south coast that we are so often told they are?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 13:26 - Feb 16 with 1082 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:17 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

Your logic is incredibly flawed, explains why you guys regularly drop to the third and fourth tiers, you seem to think winning those are more impressive than playing in the top tier. Maybe you guys should go yo-yo between National league and national league south and then you could be rivals with Eastleigh? More your sort of level and you could get all those glorious league titles!

We've only got 4 lower league titles. Yes, I know its double your tally, but you really shouldn't be lecturing Pompey fans on winning higher league titles, when you haven't won any at all; despite having eighty six years to accomplish the feat.

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:36 - Feb 16 with 1069 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:25 - Feb 16 by PaleRider

Absolutely understand the context of the thread.

According to the Cambridge Dictionary the term "retard" is "a word for a person with a learning disability (= a condition that can have an effect on someone's ability to learn easily), which was used by doctors in the past but is now extremely offensive". It's not holier than thou or woke to pick someone up on that - it's just decent.

You've clearly been a bit agitated by this criticism because your last sentence has one grammatical error (no comma after now) and one spelling mistake (though for thou). Maybe try to understand the modern usage of language and calm down a bit before posting?

If you had really been bothered, you would have done a bit more searching ie the Oxford dictionary describes 7 different meanings

This one has 3
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/retard

Of course, you choose the worst meaning because you are woke central. I've been called a few things on this thread, but I notice you haven't picked up on any of those, which means that you are being either naiive or hypocritical, or you just can't handle a Pompey fan on your site - and you are agitated, something you have just accused me of.

If you had understood the context, you wouldn't have bothered coming onto the thread.

League table for the last 50 years on 13:59 - Feb 16 with 1042 viewsPaleRider

League table for the last 50 years on 13:36 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

If you had really been bothered, you would have done a bit more searching ie the Oxford dictionary describes 7 different meanings

This one has 3
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/retard

Of course, you choose the worst meaning because you are woke central. I've been called a few things on this thread, but I notice you haven't picked up on any of those, which means that you are being either naiive or hypocritical, or you just can't handle a Pompey fan on your site - and you are agitated, something you have just accused me of.

If you had understood the context, you wouldn't have bothered coming onto the thread.

I fully realise that retard has multiple meanings. However, the use depends on the context. So I'm interested in which use of retard did you mean then?

BTW, not being naïve (note the correct spelling) or woke or anti a so-called Pompey "fan" being on here. I'm not even agitated - just pointing out that you used a term that is now generally considered as offensive. The context is clear - it's just that you seem to have a problem being called out for something.

If you're not obsessed about Saints why do you bother stalking and coming on a Saints forum?
League table for the last 50 years on 14:10 - Feb 16 with 1013 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:59 - Feb 16 by PaleRider

I fully realise that retard has multiple meanings. However, the use depends on the context. So I'm interested in which use of retard did you mean then?

BTW, not being naïve (note the correct spelling) or woke or anti a so-called Pompey "fan" being on here. I'm not even agitated - just pointing out that you used a term that is now generally considered as offensive. The context is clear - it's just that you seem to have a problem being called out for something.

If you're not obsessed about Saints why do you bother stalking and coming on a Saints forum?

Oh dear, it looks like you have been found out, and its not really about you getting on your high horse, its just a little Pompey-Soton spat going on.

I'm sure, if I'm wrong you will trawl through the whole thread and lecture your fellow fans on them using naughty lanaguage as well.

League table for the last 50 years on 14:37 - Feb 16 with 986 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 11:46 - Feb 15 by dirk_doone

He's getting more and more upset. He'll be in a right state by the end of the day.

https://www.1sports1.com/the-biggest-club-in-each-english-county-named/

Page 2, 22 Isle Of wight- Newport County, from South Wales

https://www.1sports1.com/the-biggest-club-in-each-english-county-named/2/

Newport County v Newcastle United - Carabao Cup Fourth Round
NEWPORT, WALES - SEPTEMBER 30: Tristan Abrahams of Newport County celebrates after scoring his sides first goal during the Carabao Cup fourth round match between Newport County and Newcastle United at Rodney Parade on September 30, 2020 in Newport, Wales. Football Stadiums around United Kingdom remain empty due to the Coronavirus Pandemic as Government social distancing laws prohibit fans inside venues resulting in fixtures being played behind closed doors. (Photo by Nick Potts - Pool/Getty Images)

https://www.niowfc.com/
Maybe?
League table for the last 50 years on 15:00 - Feb 16 with 965 viewsfranniesTache

I see people have successful let 130 change the topic completely so he doesn't have to face the fact that the league table never lies.

It's ok though 130 we can bring you back to the original point you've been trying to ignore,

Saints 11th
Skates 37th

FACTS

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/13041555/sky-sports-ultimate-leagu
League table for the last 50 years on 15:12 - Feb 16 with 952 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 13:26 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

We've only got 4 lower league titles. Yes, I know its double your tally, but you really shouldn't be lecturing Pompey fans on winning higher league titles, when you haven't won any at all; despite having eighty six years to accomplish the feat.

What league titles have you witnessed Portsmouth win yourself?
My great grandad saw a British empire that spanned 23% of the world, doesn’t really give me much bragging rights though based on where we sit in the world order now. Congrats your ancestors would have seen Pompey doing really well, but you yourself have watched Portsmouth play out of the top division most of your life, I on the other hand have watched Saints play in the top division most of my life!
League table for the last 50 years on 15:46 - Feb 16 with 920 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 15:12 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

What league titles have you witnessed Portsmouth win yourself?
My great grandad saw a British empire that spanned 23% of the world, doesn’t really give me much bragging rights though based on where we sit in the world order now. Congrats your ancestors would have seen Pompey doing really well, but you yourself have watched Portsmouth play out of the top division most of your life, I on the other hand have watched Saints play in the top division most of my life!

Can't remember the dates, but I think its 3 No in total

probably a few more than you can remember with SFC though

Login to get fewer ads

League table for the last 50 years on 15:56 - Feb 16 with 912 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 15:46 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Three league titles?

Well you've only won two. And they were in 1949 and 1950. So lets assume to remember it you'd have to be five years old at the youngers.

So 130 you're 80 years old? Blimey
League table for the last 50 years on 16:04 - Feb 16 with 905 viewshedgeend61

You know what he meant, the 2 just after the war nobody alive today would have seen or remembered.

Did you have Open Top Bus Parades for the 3rd and 4th Div titles?,
League table for the last 50 years on 16:15 - Feb 16 with 888 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 16:04 - Feb 16 by hedgeend61

You know what he meant, the 2 just after the war nobody alive today would have seen or remembered.

Did you have Open Top Bus Parades for the 3rd and 4th Div titles?,

What a lovely little video. Sponsored by the Ugly Inside I believe

OMG, it is all rather tinpot isn't it

League table for the last 50 years on 16:51 - Feb 16 with 871 viewssaintsfanbrock

So you have got to watch your team win the second tier, third tier and fourth tier! Wow quite the set. Almost makes up for having to watch your team steal from charities, god I’m getting quite jealous over here. Wish I hadn’t had to watch us win games in Europe and hundreds of games in the top league in the world so that I could have seen that moment when a Saints player lifted a fourth tier league trophy!
League table for the last 50 years on 17:06 - Feb 16 with 853 viewsfranniesTache

League table for the last 50 years on 16:51 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

So you have got to watch your team win the second tier, third tier and fourth tier! Wow quite the set. Almost makes up for having to watch your team steal from charities, god I’m getting quite jealous over here. Wish I hadn’t had to watch us win games in Europe and hundreds of games in the top league in the world so that I could have seen that moment when a Saints player lifted a fourth tier league trophy!

When the blue few stand there and proudly tell you they've seen their side win trophies you don't even want to be competing in it always makes me laugh.

Like a kid at school at school who's been given an award for not pissing themselves in a lessons boasting they have a trophy and you don't
League table for the last 50 years on 17:12 - Feb 16 with 849 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 17:06 - Feb 16 by franniesTache

When the blue few stand there and proudly tell you they've seen their side win trophies you don't even want to be competing in it always makes me laugh.

Like a kid at school at school who's been given an award for not pissing themselves in a lessons boasting they have a trophy and you don't

Or in more Pompey terms, when one of them takes a STD test and is finally clear of Chlamydia! Well great for them but I never had it in the first place so I won’t shake their hand (just in case I catch it/have to touch a Pompey fan)
League table for the last 50 years on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 844 viewsNumber_58

Tomorrow apparently they are poised to record a 20,000-plus attendance for the first time in more than 13 years. Massive club, truly massive. Bless their little red cotton socks.
League table for the last 50 years on 17:36 - Feb 16 with 837 viewssaintsfanbrock

League table for the last 50 years on 17:19 - Feb 16 by Number_58

Tomorrow apparently they are poised to record a 20,000-plus attendance for the first time in more than 13 years. Massive club, truly massive. Bless their little red cotton socks.

Probably about then since a manager who has managed in the premier league before has been in their ground! Wonder if a lot of the fans are there to get Ruben Selles’s autograph
League table for the last 50 years on 18:46 - Feb 16 with 776 viewshedgeend61

League table for the last 50 years on 16:15 - Feb 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

What a lovely little video. Sponsored by the Ugly Inside I believe

OMG, it is all rather tinpot isn't it

Recognising the achievements of players who have won the only major honour in a clubs history is hardly tinpot.

It won't happen in Pompey in 2048 to celebrate the only major honour any Pompey fan alive can remember cos most of the players from 2008 still haven't been paid. Cheats.

Only a tinpot club would have an open top bus for winning the 2nd division, could be havin another one this season for the 3rd tier

How come you can fill Southsea common but not Fratton, unless we come down.
League table for the last 50 years on 13:54 - Feb 17 with 636 views1teeminants

Ask 130 about their 8 to 9000 average crowds in the 70’s / 80’s apparently that never happened either. Can you imagine Saints regularly getting 8000 to 9000 average .

Just wouldn’t happen. 130 knows this.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

League table for the last 50 years on 13:59 - Feb 17 with 629 views1teeminants

League table for the last 50 years on 16:51 - Feb 16 by saintsfanbrock

The only time skates have been to Europe is on their summer holidays apart from one year. They must have been so excited bless them.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

League table for the last 50 years on 11:01 - Feb 18 with 541 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 17:06 - Feb 16 by franniesTache

'competing' ?

How many times have you actually competed in the top flight??

Is it more than once?

League table for the last 50 years on 11:02 - Feb 18 with 540 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:54 - Feb 17 by 1teeminants

Ask 130 about their 8 to 9000 average crowds in the 70’s / 80’s apparently that never happened either. Can you imagine Saints regularly getting 8000 to 9000 average .

Just wouldn’t happen. 130 knows this.

'Can you imagine Saints regularly getting 8000 to 9000 average' ?

Yep

League table for the last 50 years on 11:05 - Feb 18 with 539 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 18:46 - Feb 16 by hedgeend61

Recognising the achievements of players who have won the only major honour in a clubs history is hardly tinpot.

It won't happen in Pompey in 2048 to celebrate the only major honour any Pompey fan alive can remember cos most of the players from 2008 still haven't been paid. Cheats.

Only a tinpot club would have an open top bus for winning the 2nd division, could be havin another one this season for the 3rd tier

How come you can fill Southsea common but not Fratton, unless we come down.

Your 40th anniversary of your cup win is 100 x more tinpot than any club celebrating a 2n tier championship. I think you know this, and do realise that your celbration was tinpot central

League table for the last 50 years on 11:06 - Feb 18 with 538 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Maybe thats because the capacity has been reduced to under that figure since then.

A bit like your says in the top flight with all those 14, 15k average attendances
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:06]

League table for the last 50 years on 11:08 - Feb 18 with 534 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

League table for the last 50 years on 13:59 - Feb 17 by 1teeminants

The only time skates have been to Europe is on their summer holidays apart from one year. They must have been so excited bless them.

Been in Europe several times, and even been banned from competing in Europe (something your club has never achieved)

League table for the last 50 years on 11:15 - Feb 18 with 514 viewsdirk_doone

This will upset him even more. Stoke are going to overtake them this year:

https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/stats/totalavegate.html

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024