Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays 19:11 - Feb 16 with 1364 viewsGRIM

I hope I'm wrong but I worry about team for tonight against WBA.
It appears that neither FD or CA are fit so RM has had to find a solution.
He's shoehorned Jack Stephen's in tonight, can only assume he'll play at Right Back switching KWP to left back.
If we get anything from this game it'll be a bonus.
Mara leading the front line makes it look lightweight but RM is limited for choice in the position (as we have been for the last few years).
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:17 - Feb 16 with 1322 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Stephens playing, that does make me nervous considering WBA’s direct style.
Really hoped Downes would be back. Fingers crossed
COYS

[Post edited 16 Feb 19:24]
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:29 - Feb 16 with 1253 viewsButty101

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:17 - Feb 16 by InTimeAddedOn

Stephens playing, that does make me nervous considering WBA’s direct style.
Really hoped Downes would be back. Fingers crossed
COYS

[Post edited 16 Feb 19:24]

Really don’t like the look of that line up. Hope I’m wrong but if you are dropping Maning bring in the nipper meg that played in the cup rather than shoe horn Stephens in. He’s not a right back and never had been. As for a the midfield not one of them can tackle.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:44 - Feb 16 with 1185 viewsdirk_doone

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:29 - Feb 16 by Butty101

Really don’t like the look of that line up. Hope I’m wrong but if you are dropping Maning bring in the nipper meg that played in the cup rather than shoe horn Stephens in. He’s not a right back and never had been. As for a the midfield not one of them can tackle.

I think we'll be all right if the West Brom players don't run towards our goal.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:44 - Feb 16 with 1181 viewsGRIM

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:29 - Feb 16 by Butty101

Only one defensive player on the bench & that is Manning, very worrying.
I thought we had a stronger squad than this.
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:45 - Feb 16 with 1178 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Seconded re Meghoma
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 21:06 - Feb 16 with 1082 viewsGRIM

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 19:45 - Feb 16 by InTimeAddedOn

Seconded re Meghoma

Meghoma is not even on the bench.
WHY ?.
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 22:21 - Feb 16 with 1013 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 21:06 - Feb 16 by GRIM

Meghoma is not even on the bench.
WHY ?.

No idea, he looked solid.
All worked out OK in the end though…
As I said in another thread, we won tonight despite Stephens not because of him.
Leeds playing Leicester soon 😁⚽️😁
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 05:00 - Feb 17 with 865 viewssledger

think youre being really harsh on jack stephens thought he was solid and dependable and made a brilliant goal line clearance
Login to get fewer ads

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 08:40 - Feb 17 with 785 viewsCenturion

OP...You were wrong.
But I am sure that you are pleased to be proven so!
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 09:18 - Feb 17 with 745 views1ASIN12

Personally I thought Stephen’s played very well last night. One cracking goal line clearance in the 1st half.
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 09:31 - Feb 17 with 712 viewsGRIM

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 08:40 - Feb 17 by Centurion

OP...You were wrong.
But I am sure that you are pleased to be proven so!

Of course I'm pleased to be wrong, I just love Humble Pie.
That's why RM is the manager & I'm not.
But I still don't rate JS, he did OK last night but he's a liability.
But if he's the best we've got then he has to play.
I really wish we had kept Perraud, he'd have looked good in this team.
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 10:21 - Feb 17 with 661 viewsfelly1

Everyone seems quick to highlight Stephen's failings.
We can all see hes not better at CB than our current pairing.
But I do find it strange that many fellow supporters cant see his strengths.
Two of our more recent better seasons in the Prem under Puel and Hassenhuttl regularly featured Stephen's in the line up.
Martin must of made him Skipper for a reason and clearly Martin is a manager that I would presume knows his players better than we will.
Also we went down without him last season whilst his loan spell at Bournemouth seemed to work out quite well .
He cost 150k , he clearly loves this club and hes got some character about him.
Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 11:23 - Feb 17 with 609 viewsPatfromPoole

Super Jack played very well last night.

Superb clearance in the first-half from by the goal-line.

The sort of own goal Wesley Hoedt would have scored with some aplomb.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 12:29 - Feb 17 with 540 viewscocklebreath

He was excellent last night, the goal line clearance was superb

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Oh Dear. no Downes, no Che Adams but Stephen's plays on 13:05 - Feb 17 with 507 viewsTimSaint

Captain Jack, as my daughter calls him, I thought did quite well last night.
Got lucky with the hand ball, but I remember Fonte getting away with 1 like that away to Newcastle.
Great goal line clearance, especially considering the angles.

Like Baz and a couple of others, there was some dodgy passing around that back, that had me in a panic at time :-)
Like Manning, he has a tendency to drift into a more central position and leave the right winger in acres. Unlike Manning, you can partly see why with Stephens, as he is right footed.

Either way, he is not our LB solution

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024