Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Way 20:02 - Feb 20 with 1570 viewsonehunglow

Views
Cliche ridden classist shite or brilliant drama
Most political play since Boys from the Black stuff but nowhere near as good

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Way on 21:58 - Feb 20 with 1528 viewsBoundy

Sheen the hypocrite , no thanks

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The Way on 23:16 - Feb 20 with 1506 viewsonehunglow

The Way on 21:58 - Feb 20 by Boundy

Proud port talbotion , mun
I watched 20 mins of it
Bitterness

The Way on 07:02 - Feb 21 with 1465 viewsjackal

I gave it 30 minutes . Only stuck with it that long because of the local setting.
Weird and arty . I just prefer a story to be told simply without all the strange stuff and odd music.
The Way on 08:16 - Feb 21 with 1451 viewsonehunglow

The Way on 07:02 - Feb 21 by jackal

I gave it 30 minutes . Only stuck with it that long because of the local setting.
Weird and arty . I just prefer a story to be told simply without all the strange stuff and odd music.

Yep,take the local interest out of it,and we d call it as many reviewers have in England

The Way on 14:29 - Feb 21 with 1403 viewshowenjack

It went from a boisterous union meeting to the equivalent of the miners strike on steroids in about 20 mins. Police riot squads and helicopters were in and then the army turned up along with what seemed like a paramilitary private security force . Add into the mix right wing agitators along with leftwing looney protestors and things are getting seriously out of hand and we're only through part 1 of 3 !
Flashing images of medieval monks randomly appearing ( Something to do with Margam abbey being on the site of the steelworks ) along with an itinerant half witted tramp uttering what appears profound pronouncements regarding the immediate fate of everyone associated with the steelworks add to the general sense of bewilderment .
I wonder what episode 2 will be like .... perhaps a Chernobyll type of incident where a huge mushroom cloud magically transforms into the smiling face of Michael Sheen looking down from above a la Teletubbies Can't wait ....
The Way on 15:40 - Feb 21 with 1372 viewsBoundy

The Way on 14:29 - Feb 21 by howenjack

It went from a boisterous union meeting to the equivalent of the miners strike on steroids in about 20 mins. Police riot squads and helicopters were in and then the army turned up along with what seemed like a paramilitary private security force . Add into the mix right wing agitators along with leftwing looney protestors and things are getting seriously out of hand and we're only through part 1 of 3 !
Flashing images of medieval monks randomly appearing ( Something to do with Margam abbey being on the site of the steelworks ) along with an itinerant half witted tramp uttering what appears profound pronouncements regarding the immediate fate of everyone associated with the steelworks add to the general sense of bewilderment .
I wonder what episode 2 will be like .... perhaps a Chernobyll type of incident where a huge mushroom cloud magically transforms into the smiling face of Michael Sheen looking down from above a la Teletubbies Can't wait ....

Its not a patch on Twin Town ,that's for sure .

The Way on 18:08 - Feb 21 with 1346 viewsshingle

The Way on 15:40 - Feb 21 by Boundy

Its not a patch on Twin Town ,that's for sure .

Give it 30 minutes then turned it off it seemed badly directed with a poor script and all over the shop.
The Way on 17:59 - Feb 22 with 1256 viewsmax936

The Way on 21:58 - Feb 20 by Boundy

Hypocrite ?

You'll have to explain that to me Boundy, I've not seen anything of The Way and I know very little of Sheen either, to be honest!

Watched the first to episodes of Breathtaking this week, missed last nights episode, watched the football, but will watch it bit later.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The Way on 23:50 - Feb 22 with 1191 viewsBoundy

The Way on 17:59 - Feb 22 by max936

Hypocrite ?

You'll have to explain that to me Boundy, I've not seen anything of The Way and I know very little of Sheen either, to be honest!

Watched the first to episodes of Breathtaking this week, missed last nights episode, watched the football, but will watch it bit later.

Nothing really major but he did state that non welsh actors shouldn't play welsh roles but seemed forget that most of his roles has had him playing an English man eg Clough for example.The Way imo is pretentious nonsense the very little of it I've seen it may turn out to be a masterpiece but I'll take others word for it 😉

The Way on 08:59 - Feb 23 with 1141 viewsonehunglow

The Way on 23:50 - Feb 22 by Boundy

Nothing really major but he did state that non welsh actors shouldn't play welsh roles but seemed forget that most of his roles has had him playing an English man eg Clough for example.The Way imo is pretentious nonsense the very little of it I've seen it may turn out to be a masterpiece but I'll take others word for it 😉

True enough.
I’d like to like Sheen as he’s a great actor .

The Way on 10:22 - Feb 23 with 1119 viewsYrAlarch

The Way on 08:59 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

True enough.
I’d like to like Sheen as he’s a great actor .

He has never forgotten his roots. You have to admire him for that.
The Way on 10:28 - Feb 23 with 1110 viewsBoundy

The Way on 10:22 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

He is a great actor indeed , not many could carry the roles he has but spoilt it for me with his comment .

The Way on 16:31 - Feb 23 with 1085 viewsmax936

He's got to earn a living to eat mun a jobs a job, I agree on his view that only Welsh actors should play Welsh roles, English actors haven't got the Welsh accent, even the wonderful Stephen Graham couldn't carry the accent off, when he played the Detective in White House Farm.

Not seen anything of the Way to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Way on 16:46 - Feb 23 with 1066 viewsSullutaCreturned

Yes, Sheen did say that the utter twonk. He is a hypocrite.

We're watching it now, the steelworks just went dark, we'll see.
The Way on 16:49 - Feb 23 with 1066 viewsJumpingJackFlash

"Sheen is a patron of British charities including Scene & Heard,[246] NSPCC's Child's Voice Appeal,[247] Healing the Wounds,[248][249] The Relationships Centre,[250] WGCADA (West Glamorgan Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse)[251] and Adferiad Recovery, a new organisation providing support for vulnerable people in Wales and their families and carers.[252] He has taken part in a number of charity football matches, including captaining the winning Soccer Aid 2010 team at Wembley Stadium,[253] as well as appearing in the 2012 and 2014 matches. He is a patron of the British Independent Film Awards,[254] an ambassador for the Dylan Thomas Prize[255] and vice-president of Port Talbot Town F.C.[256] In October 2018, Sheen sponsored a women's football team in Wales.[257]

In 2014, Sheen designed a Shakespeare-themed Paddington Bear statue. Placed outside Shakespeare's Globe, it was one of fifty statues of Paddington located around London prior to the release of the film Paddington, which were auctioned to raise funds for the NSPCC.[258] In 2017 Sheen founded the End High Cost Credit Alliance working to promote more affordable ways to borrow money.[259] That same year Sheen became a Patron of Social Enterprise UK, a charity which supports social projects which benefit local, environmental and co-operative causes.[260] In October 2018 Sheen and Natasha Kaplinsky became vice-presidents (an ambassadorial role) of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).[261] Sheen is a fundraising partner with the non-profit organization, The White Curl, which supports Welsh charities.[262] In December 2021, Sheen announced that he would be giving all of his future earnings to charities, declaring himself a "not-for-profit actor""
The Way on 20:33 - Feb 23 with 1017 viewsBoundy

The Way on 16:49 - Feb 23 by JumpingJackFlash

"Sheen is a patron of British charities including Scene & Heard,[246] NSPCC's Child's Voice Appeal,[247] Healing the Wounds,[248][249] The Relationships Centre,[250] WGCADA (West Glamorgan Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse)[251] and Adferiad Recovery, a new organisation providing support for vulnerable people in Wales and their families and carers.[252] He has taken part in a number of charity football matches, including captaining the winning Soccer Aid 2010 team at Wembley Stadium,[253] as well as appearing in the 2012 and 2014 matches. He is a patron of the British Independent Film Awards,[254] an ambassador for the Dylan Thomas Prize[255] and vice-president of Port Talbot Town F.C.[256] In October 2018, Sheen sponsored a women's football team in Wales.[257]

In 2014, Sheen designed a Shakespeare-themed Paddington Bear statue. Placed outside Shakespeare's Globe, it was one of fifty statues of Paddington located around London prior to the release of the film Paddington, which were auctioned to raise funds for the NSPCC.[258] In 2017 Sheen founded the End High Cost Credit Alliance working to promote more affordable ways to borrow money.[259] That same year Sheen became a Patron of Social Enterprise UK, a charity which supports social projects which benefit local, environmental and co-operative causes.[260] In October 2018 Sheen and Natasha Kaplinsky became vice-presidents (an ambassadorial role) of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).[261] Sheen is a fundraising partner with the non-profit organization, The White Curl, which supports Welsh charities.[262] In December 2021, Sheen announced that he would be giving all of his future earnings to charities, declaring himself a "not-for-profit actor""

And ?

The Way on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 944 viewsonehunglow

I haven’t forgotten my roots either.
My father thought I was simply stupid to think that way.
Roots can strangle and have to be cut for a new life

The Way on 09:19 - Feb 24 with 939 viewsnantywatcher

The Way on 20:33 - Feb 23 by Boundy

And ?

You cannot educate pork.
The Way on 10:16 - Feb 24 with 923 viewsSullutaCreturned

I bumped into him recently in the boots on Morfa park, he looed a right scruffy twunt, if I hadn't recognised him I'd have thought he was homeless.
The Way on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 921 viewsSullutaCreturned

The Way on 07:02 - Feb 21 by jackal

This, far too pretentious with it. I lasted longer than 30 mins but not much.
The Way on 09:00 - Feb 27 with 788 viewsunion_jack

I too lasted just the 30 minutes. “Self indulgent” crap. Not heard one good thing about it. Sheen is an @rse😒. Good article below from The Grauniad.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/feb/25/the-week-in-tv-the-way-brea

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Way on 20:14 - Feb 27 with 696 viewsBoundy

The Way on 09:19 - Feb 24 by nantywatcher

You cannot educate pork.

And you are whom exactly ,some non entity who has nothing to contribute other than an abusive comment.Sensitive soul that you seem to be .

The Way on 05:59 - Feb 29 with 574 viewsjackal

It was puzzling to say the least.

At one point the camera zoomed into a penguin-shaped litter bin on Aberavon beach.
Then a Teddy Bear, painted on a wall, winked at the camera. That was the point at which I
turned it off.

I have great respect for Sheen as an actor, but he should leave the directing to others.
The Way on 07:31 - Mar 6 with 410 viewsDr_Winston

Less than 700,000 viewers for the finale. In Prime time. On BBC1.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024