Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking 18:05 - Mar 11 with 7097 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/62123/tvos-preview-rochdale

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 10:55 - Mar 12 with 4752 viewsDareToCalvin

Fingers crossed for a much better performance tonight and a big win to move us further clear of the bottom 4, in front of WSH!
Wonder if Sassi will play again to rest Nevett? Other than that, I'd maybe give Jez a rest and hopefully take home a big 3 points.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 19:04 - Mar 12 with 4547 viewsEdindale

Need a quick aggressive start.

Would like to see Henderson Keohane and Clayton in the starting line up and hope that Brooks confidence has improved.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 19:16 - Mar 12 with 4492 viewsRodingdale

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 19:04 - Mar 12 by Edindale

Need a quick aggressive start.

Would like to see Henderson Keohane and Clayton in the starting line up and hope that Brooks confidence has improved.

All three on the bench. Let’s hope you get your fourth wish.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 21:55 - Mar 12 with 4060 viewsrichfoad32

Phew! A hugely welcome but undeserved three points as we were second best for much of the game, even after they were down to 10 men. Dug in at the end though and another bit of quality from Hayes. There's was a definite red, awful challenge, didn't see what Hendo did.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:04 - Mar 12 with 3920 viewsBarrowdale

Dont let the very welcome 3 points mask an awful performance. Without Hayes doubt we’d have a shot let alone a goal. Only shot in 2nd half was the goal. For 15 mins after their sending off we never got out of our half. And Henderson you stupid fool!
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:06 - Mar 12 with 3888 viewsEdindale

Great result - shocking performance. Woking must be wondering how they lost.

We look like a tired team of strangers. Aside from two bits of quality for our goals their keeper did not have a save to make.

We defended additional time like a pub team and invited pressure.

Despite our predicament remarkably team spirit still looks good.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:12 - Mar 12 with 3801 viewsShun

Absolutely bonkers match. A classic English football game for our new American friends. Terrible football, lively away fans, two red cards, awful challenges, a late goal, a late disallowed goal, ballboys throwing a ball back on the pitch just as play’s about to resume and a buffoon running onto the pitch for absolutely no reason. Loved it!
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:28 - Mar 12 with 3591 viewsJames1980

Why was Henderson sent of I was AdderHuuhdering at the time

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:33 - Mar 12 with 3543 viewsShun

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:28 - Mar 12 by James1980

Why was Henderson sent of I was AdderHuuhdering at the time

The referee’s report will say elbow, but in reality it was one of those schoolboy incidents where you’d be embarrassed if you were the lad on the floor. Henderson rushed to get the ball to prevent them getting to it. Woking player tussles with him. Henderson slides his arm up at the speed of a yawning sloth and their player goes down clutching his face.

One of those where it’s the correct decision by the letter of the law, but the law is absolutely stupid. There were about ten non-red-card tackles that took place tonight that were far more likely to cause serious harm than what Henderson did. But he should still know better.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:37 - Mar 12 with 3496 viewsJames1980

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:33 - Mar 12 by Shun

The referee’s report will say elbow, but in reality it was one of those schoolboy incidents where you’d be embarrassed if you were the lad on the floor. Henderson rushed to get the ball to prevent them getting to it. Woking player tussles with him. Henderson slides his arm up at the speed of a yawning sloth and their player goes down clutching his face.

One of those where it’s the correct decision by the letter of the law, but the law is absolutely stupid. There were about ten non-red-card tackles that took place tonight that were far more likely to cause serious harm than what Henderson did. But he should still know better.

Thank you

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:51 - Mar 12 with 3342 viewsdingdangblue

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:33 - Mar 12 by Shun

I think the ref gives him a yellow if they hadn't been down to 10 men. It was an easy red after that. No way the lino or the ref saw anything other than their player acting on the floor.
Awful,Awful performance. Their keeper had 2 shots to deal with and somehow they both found the net. We were dreadful.
[Post edited 12 Mar 23:08]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 22:51 - Mar 12 with 3347 viewsJimmyRustler

That was shit. But a wins a win.

Rodney and the players went celebrating with BJ after his goal suggesting the players are still with him.

If that’s the case then they need to do much more than they presently are doing otherwise their mate will be out of a job very soon.

Woking were on good form and look a decent side so on paper, it was a credible win. But we were gash and Hayes’ impetus is once again papering over the cracks
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 23:00 - Mar 12 with 3265 viewsDaleFan7

We're very much a one man team at the moment. If Hayes doesn't perform then neither do we.

He should be filing reports for assault the way some of the Woking players we're going in on him.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 23:38 - Mar 12 with 3041 viewsSandyman

Will take the 3 points all day long, but for the fourth game in a row, Dale were abysmal.
Unorganised, lightweight in the challenge, inept on the ball and generally clueless. It has been awful to watch of late and the finger points firmly at the manager's inability to train, set up and organise a team of professionals. Again. You can't moan about the tactics because there aren't any. Well done Rodney and Hayes, as individuals.
A win's a win
[Post edited 12 Mar 23:39]
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 00:19 - Mar 13 with 2912 viewsdingdangblue

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 23:38 - Mar 12 by Sandyman

Will take the 3 points all day long, but for the fourth game in a row, Dale were abysmal.
Unorganised, lightweight in the challenge, inept on the ball and generally clueless. It has been awful to watch of late and the finger points firmly at the manager's inability to train, set up and organise a team of professionals. Again. You can't moan about the tactics because there aren't any. Well done Rodney and Hayes, as individuals.
A win's a win
[Post edited 12 Mar 23:39]

It truly was pitiful. Regardless of the win I'd definitely have it in my bottom 10 Dale home performances (and my god we've seen some shite down the years).
Can someone please explain when they were down to 10 men and had a corner and left 2 men back on the halfway line we STILL HAD EVERY PLAYER BACK IN OUR BOX!!!!!!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 00:54 - Mar 13 with 2857 viewssxdale

It was pretty shocking although I did quite enjoy the atmosphere for about 10 minutes after Dave's goal and their disallowed one. What I could not understand was the double substitution before they took the corner, I thought everyone knows you never fo that- apparently not Jim
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 01:02 - Mar 13 with 2845 viewsSandyman

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 00:19 - Mar 13 by dingdangblue

It truly was pitiful. Regardless of the win I'd definitely have it in my bottom 10 Dale home performances (and my god we've seen some shite down the years).
Can someone please explain when they were down to 10 men and had a corner and left 2 men back on the halfway line we STILL HAD EVERY PLAYER BACK IN OUR BOX!!!!!!!

That was inexplicable. Utterly gormless game management by the "head coach".

Almost every game, he NEVER leaves a man up as an outlet when we're defending a corner to take advantage of a long clearance or to hold the ball up whilst others run (walk, sorry) up to counter attack. Daft.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 01:27 - Mar 13 with 2814 viewsdalefertcup2

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 01:02 - Mar 13 by Sandyman

Almost every game, he NEVER leaves a man up as an outlet when we're defending a corner to take advantage of a long clearance or to hold the ball up whilst others run (walk, sorry) up to counter attack. Daft.

Maybe the Pep influence. Noticed in the game on Sunday v Liverpool City didn’t leave an outlet from corners n that …..
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 08:02 - Mar 13 with 2463 viewsnordenblue

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 01:02 - Mar 13 by Sandyman

It seems its part of the "new" coaching classes they all attend, seem to remember BBM did exactly the same, works wonders when the best case scenario you clear the opposition corner for the ball to just keep coming back at you inviting pressure in your own box.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 08:28 - Mar 13 with 2364 viewsdingdangblue

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 08:02 - Mar 13 by nordenblue

It seems its part of the "new" coaching classes they all attend, seem to remember BBM did exactly the same, works wonders when the best case scenario you clear the opposition corner for the ball to just keep coming back at you inviting pressure in your own box.

Yeah they explained it at one forum once saying statistically you concede less when everyone is back defending (except when you dont). Last night was barmy though when we had an extra man advantage. At least leave Hayes upfield for a quick counter. Pathetic.

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 08:34 - Mar 13 with 2344 viewsDale_4_Life

A very welcome 3 points..

Woking must be gutted, they dominated even with 10 men for long periods.

I really want Big Jim to succeed and take the Club forward on the pitch.. Two home games on the bounce in 4 days.. Dour, boring, slow, huge slices of luck, misplaced easy passes and generally a lack of any wow factor (Hayes aside)..

Big Jim will quite rightly point to 4 valuable points and a two game unbeaten run..

Oh for the off field sage to be completed ASAP so the club can take a deep breath, stabilse and clear out the unwanted and prepare for 24/25 season properly.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 10:15 - Mar 13 with 2043 viewsBainesy15

Probably the most flat I've felt after a win - how we won it, I will never know. I love Jim, I don't want to question his position but if (as he seems to have shown) he can't adapt, what choice will we have? Passes weren't finding our own players, most were aimless and we didn't appear to have a plan. Yes we won, but keep playing like that and we will be fully mired in a relegation battle.

Woking were a proper vile little team weren't they, dirty fouls but dropping like flies over nothing.

Two great goals though!
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 10:49 - Mar 13 with 1911 viewsYouTubeDale

YES, clear out the unwanted....Jim has to go !!!
Most of the above comments explain why.
Until now I was a big fan of Jim but I can't take any more. The problem is we can't afford to sack him and we probably need about 4 more points for safety. Like managers before him he seems incapable of changing his tactics and that is by far the greatest obstacle in our way. The team are good enough, apart from Jesu, so it comes down to our leader, who has demonstrated too many times he is not up to the job.
Messing about at the back cost us a goal for the THIRD game in a row!!! Woking get a free kick well into their own half. They send all their big men forward and attack us. They did this quite a few times; exciting to watch...for them. What would we have done? We all know the answer...pass it about at the back, then pass it about at the back...it gets monotonous and excruciatingly boring and unexciting.
We create a set piece from a corner at the Sandy...the ball is passed back a few yards to Gordon. He crosses the ball...out of play!!!! Recently, I have seen Gordon cross the ball out of play more than once. He is incapable of crossing the ball so why involve him in this "set piece" ??

I could go on and on.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 1748 viewssnuffler

I’m going to say it now McNulty out, he appears to be a nice guy and the players appear to like him, but his tactics are absolutely abysmal, so much passing about along the back line without any thought of moving it through the midfield. It’s so frustrating to watch and will never bring any new faces in to watch this tripe, although I’ll be there next week.
TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 12:25 - Mar 13 with 1639 viewsD_Alien

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Woking on 11:43 - Mar 13 by snuffler

I’m going to say it now McNulty out, he appears to be a nice guy and the players appear to like him, but his tactics are absolutely abysmal, so much passing about along the back line without any thought of moving it through the midfield. It’s so frustrating to watch and will never bring any new faces in to watch this tripe, although I’ll be there next week.

It took a while for him to even start to win me round, and recognition of our circumstances played a part in that, but my initial concerns appear to have been realised

He'll be here till the end of the season (which i posted 3 games ago couldn't come quick enough) but if new owners have anything about them in terms of sporting acumen, he'll then be gone

It's been laughable reading from those who can't attend because they don't live in the UK bigging him up, but no-one's laughing now...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024