Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possession football 21:09 - Mar 29 with 884 viewskingslandstand1

When is someone with a bit of clout going to tell RM that despite averaging 60-70% possession with a 1-0 lead for majority of the season does not guarantee a win and promotion from this division!

Ok, so we are still in with a shout and surely guaranteed play-offs (if we don't get that he should walk as soon as that situation is known!), but please go on and try and kill the game off! Every team that now play us know exactly what to do, take that first half deficit, soak up the pressure then have a go at us in the 2nd half or get us on the break as we won't change our style of play at all!

Obviously there have been bright spots, we wouldn't be where we are with a decent gap below us without them, but this is just killing all of us

We'll probably go and beat the tractor boys on Monday now, but FFS, something has got to change if we want to get something out of this season
Possession football on 21:48 - Mar 29 with 804 viewsrobcoe5

Why can’t we. Shoot when we are o; the edge of the box, it will make teams think as they know we won’t shoot and just pass it around
Possession football on 22:18 - Mar 29 with 740 viewssaint22

How many points have we thrown away at home to teams well below us because we cannot fkn finish
It’s criminal and Wussell needs to tell us why
Possession football on 23:19 - Mar 29 with 668 viewsA1079

Agree Kingslandstand. It was a hugely frustrating match to watch. It was an error strewn match on both sides and with the officials. Our goal came from an error, our errors almost gifted Boro a goal they did not deserve long before they actually did score the inevitable equaliser.

Same old problems. Go up 1-0 and sit on it. Give the opposition some chances they don't deserve, when we get some clear cut chances we are almost impotent in front of goal and sooner or later we concede. Our corners are so wasteful. Today though our midfield was so flaky. They had some good moments but at times they were so sloppy and easily beaten to or brushed off the ball by a poor side. Downes, Smallbone and S Armstrong all had an indifferent game. Bazunu was his usual self - lets see how many times I can risk it in my own box.

The officials today were so inconsistent. Gave yellow cards like confetti at times but ignored clear card incidents.

Though not connected to the match itself but the club seemed to be alienating the fans today. The lack of nothing related to Chris Nicoll was a disgrace. Good for the fans for making some effort but why the bewildering silence from the club and indeed the local paper? Then there was some sort of altercation at the Northam end which I understand was some sort of clash between fans and stewards.

I am not personally that bothered about promotion because despite days like today I have enjoyed most of this season and though today was a frustrating watch it was not an awful game it was just a disappointing outcome when it could and should have been so different.
Possession football on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 406 viewsRon11

Possession football on 23:19 - Mar 29 by A1079

Agree Kingslandstand. It was a hugely frustrating match to watch. It was an error strewn match on both sides and with the officials. Our goal came from an error, our errors almost gifted Boro a goal they did not deserve long before they actually did score the inevitable equaliser.

Same old problems. Go up 1-0 and sit on it. Give the opposition some chances they don't deserve, when we get some clear cut chances we are almost impotent in front of goal and sooner or later we concede. Our corners are so wasteful. Today though our midfield was so flaky. They had some good moments but at times they were so sloppy and easily beaten to or brushed off the ball by a poor side. Downes, Smallbone and S Armstrong all had an indifferent game. Bazunu was his usual self - lets see how many times I can risk it in my own box.

The officials today were so inconsistent. Gave yellow cards like confetti at times but ignored clear card incidents.

Though not connected to the match itself but the club seemed to be alienating the fans today. The lack of nothing related to Chris Nicoll was a disgrace. Good for the fans for making some effort but why the bewildering silence from the club and indeed the local paper? Then there was some sort of altercation at the Northam end which I understand was some sort of clash between fans and stewards.

I am not personally that bothered about promotion because despite days like today I have enjoyed most of this season and though today was a frustrating watch it was not an awful game it was just a disappointing outcome when it could and should have been so different.

Russell's tactics are a busted flush.
Any team that plays us now knows they can stand on the halfway way line and watch as we fu ck about playing out from the back, trying to keep possession, hardly anything direct. Somebody called it 'cowards football' and that's exactly what it is.
Unfortunately the cowardly stuff involves making mistakes and giving the ball away in our own half. Yes I know Adams missed a couple yesterday but with Frazer and Brooks down the wings from the start far more chances would have been created. And why no Rothwell? He knows where the net is.

And Martin is 'angry' yet again. Change the record and your tactics, pal - before it's too late.
Possession football (n/t) on 11:13 - Mar 30 with 391 viewsCity_boy

[Post edited 30 Mar 11:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024