Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. 08:07 - Apr 2 with 920 viewssaintmark1976

With Russell Martin in charge our last eight games have resulted in us dropping fourteen points from twenty four available, proving that at the business end of the season he failed to obtain automatic promotion for us.

With his tippy tappy style of play, no plan B, constant tinkering with team selection and ridiculous use of substitutes it’s now obvious to every man and his dog that he will not succeed in getting us back to the Premiership through the Playoffs either.

There are eight games remaining in nearly a month and plenty of matches and time to hire someone who has a proven track record of successfully negotiating the Playoffs. Someone who will install a different method of play altogether and reinstate some discipline and belief in the players.

Jason Willcox has departed and now is the time for Russell Martin to go also.

With a late season fresh start and given the quality of our squad we can be playing Premiership football in August if decisive action is taken now.
ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 08:43 - Apr 2 with 823 viewsPatfromPoole

Steve Cooper ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Insanity of Forest to sack him, may well cost them their Prem place.

Knows what it takes to get promoted from this League.

Builds teams with a solid base from the back, which is the exact opposite of our current management.

I have heard far worse ideas.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 08:50 - Apr 2 with 810 viewsPatfromPoole

Not one of Ankersen’s types though, I fear.

I think Liam Rosenior is a far more likely bet.

Young, and plays exactly the same tippy tappy stuff as us, albeit on a much smaller budget.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 10:34 - Apr 2 with 734 viewsIfonly

Oh how I wish that we would do what you say here. But it ain't going to happen. As I've said since the start, we've got RM for the long term unless we end up in the relegation zone.
ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 12:11 - Apr 2 with 644 viewsWestEndBoy

The tippy tappy model is all geared up to show case our players to get decent transfer fees.us going direct long ball won’t happen when the club is being run as a business to get big transfer fees. We are just a showroom
ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 13:24 - Apr 2 with 595 viewsTripleNiemi

ROLL THE DICE SPORTS REPUBLIC, SACK MARTIN AND HIRE STEVE COOPER NOW. on 12:11 - Apr 2 by WestEndBoy

The tippy tappy model is all geared up to show case our players to get decent transfer fees.us going direct long ball won’t happen when the club is being run as a business to get big transfer fees. We are just a showroom

Whilst I am not bothered on RM as a manager, I don’t think binning off another is the answer (even if we could afford it).

Said it at during the ‘boro game the other day, say, just say we get promoted, does Martin really think this style is gonna bode well against PL oppo? It’s ok when you have the likes of Stones and Walker in your defensive unit, but those players are few and far between.
[Post edited 2 Apr 13:27]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024