Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. 14:31 - Apr 4 with 2576 viewsReslovenSwan1

Newport County accounts are out and they have lost £2m over two seasons, A good time to negotiate a new deal with the Dragons for the hovel that is Rodney Parade.

I take my hat of the the man who puts his money where his mouth is and does not need to worry about armchair critics. Start form -£2m and lets see what the laughable so called "failed roofer" can do.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2024/april/club-update--from-chairman-huw-

If Swansea want a muscular strong and explosive athlete at WB or forward then WilL Evans would be available I would think. Get one or two of Congreve Cotterill Thomas and Loyd over there on loan full season including preseason.
[Post edited 4 Apr 16:59]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:41 - Apr 5 with 727 viewsswancity

It’s an interesting discussion

We must not forget that Jenkins also got lucky. At important times.

Let’s be honest. Intelligent he is not. Charismatic he is not. He was a fan and took a punt so credit to him for that and he made some good decisions. We had a couple of really good seasons in the Premier League. It was good to see local people run our club. His understanding of running a club improved and the move to the new stadium was a big part of the success.

But we must realise that he made some huge mistakes. Costly ones. He was out of his depth as a Premier league chairman. And then the sale of the club business which has left a bad taste. He got away with that somehow but the people will not forget …

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:12 - Apr 5 with 691 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 20:01 - Apr 5 by Dr_Winston

Whether he was being paid or not is irrelevant. He was doing an important job, and it's only right that he was held to account for his failures as much as he was lauded for his achievements.

There were plenty of friction points between him and the Trust long before takeover time.

The Trust are and were irrelevant. They are irrelevant because they have no money and no real football experience and knowledge. The fact that they were supposedly hard done by is of no importance,

They threatened to sue but their case was not strong enough. They and their followers were keen to harm the club and the other owners to shovel money to their funders and themselves who have no skill in handling money.

The won the lottery and declined to turn up with their ticket at the award day. Very poor work. Why did the members not demand the board to cash in?

With £15m in the bank they would have influence and clout. They missed their chance to be big players.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:14 - Apr 5 with 687 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:10 - Apr 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Why include them? They had said they would NEVER sell their shares and told the sellers that very clearly. No one in the Trust contradicted this position as far as I know. The only thing the Trust could do is chase the buyers away. There was no point including them.

I have been on a selling course and tried it myself. Selling is not easy. if you do not want to sell buyers will walk away. They did. The seller had a right to sell their shares after 14 years of stewardship. The fans only got one side of the story which i never believed.

History will treat Huw kindly with the caveat that "some sections of the fans were unhappy how he handled the sale". The actual value of the 5% undilutable shares will be found out in the future. I hope it is not a mirage. I find it hard to believe the US people were so generous.
[Post edited 4 Apr 21:40]

misinformation.

You rely on a couple of stories from WalesOnline who didn't follow the Swansea sale closely.

Were you part of the conversations with the owners or the Trust in 2015-2016?

Lots of conversations probably happened and only those in the conversations would know the real story. Legally the Trust should have been included at the sale stage irrespective of what someone may or may not have said about selling shares.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 23:54 - Apr 5 with 657 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 21:14 - Apr 5 by QJumpingJack

misinformation.

You rely on a couple of stories from WalesOnline who didn't follow the Swansea sale closely.

Were you part of the conversations with the owners or the Trust in 2015-2016?

Lots of conversations probably happened and only those in the conversations would know the real story. Legally the Trust should have been included at the sale stage irrespective of what someone may or may not have said about selling shares.

The Trust were included at the sale stage. The US people were having a good look at the Swansea operation in 2015 and early 2016 and at some point agreed to buy some controlling shares. The Trust had told everyone one they were not interested in selling.

The Trust were introduced to them in March 2016 and the sale was completed around July 2016. Four months later. Plenty of time to cut a deal.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 11:54 - Apr 6 with 579 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 23:54 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust were included at the sale stage. The US people were having a good look at the Swansea operation in 2015 and early 2016 and at some point agreed to buy some controlling shares. The Trust had told everyone one they were not interested in selling.

The Trust were introduced to them in March 2016 and the sale was completed around July 2016. Four months later. Plenty of time to cut a deal.

Did you start this thread purely so you could turn it back to the trust?

It's pitiful. We all know the trust were deliberately kept out of the loop, were not made any offer by our new owners. No matter what else is true, the trust could not sell their shares without an offer first.

The end.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:33 - Apr 6 with 543 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 11:54 - Apr 6 by SullutaCreturned

It's pitiful. We all know the trust were deliberately kept out of the loop, were not made any offer by our new owners. No matter what else is true, the trust could not sell their shares without an offer first.

The end.

No I did it to point out Huw is a driver. He does not say much but he invests and grafts and believes in himself. One of the very few Welsh people to invest in football.

My gripe against the Trust is their lack of gratitude to him. He gave them a 10,000% return on their investment and put two US potential buyers on table in front of them.

He should have a statue at Landore perhaps.
[Post edited 6 Apr 13:35]

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:07 - Apr 6 with 531 viewsTreforys_Jack

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 11:54 - Apr 6 by SullutaCreturned

The end.

Why people keep taking Resolven's bait is beyond me.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:55 - Apr 6 with 501 viewsQJumpingJack

It sounds to me you are very confused about the Trust and the club in 2015-2016.
You are getting mixed up with Moore and Noell in 2015.
See articleh

ttps://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2015/12/23/10657526/why-swansea-city-turned-down-moores-and-noell-everton-takeover

And agree HJ should get a statue but do you think the current ownership group would agree to it?
Maybe they would say yes and do a u-turn.....?
Login to get fewer ads

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:51 - Apr 6 with 479 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:55 - Apr 6 by QJumpingJack

It sounds to me you are very confused about the Trust and the club in 2015-2016.
You are getting mixed up with Moore and Noell in 2015.
See articleh

ttps://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2015/12/23/10657526/why-swansea-city-turned-down-moores-and-noell-everton-takeover

And agree HJ should get a statue but do you think the current ownership group would agree to it?
Maybe they would say yes and do a u-turn.....?

I am not confused at all. Moore and Noell were in talks and wanted shares in Swansea city and up to 30% ownership it was reported. This could be by buying shares of others or preferably buying newly issued shares.( Investment). This meant dilution. The Trust seemingly objected to dilution so there was no benefit to the club and the shares were underpriced as far as the others were considered.
[Post edited 6 Apr 15:53]

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:12 - Apr 7 with 371 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:33 - Apr 6 by ReslovenSwan1

No I did it to point out Huw is a driver. He does not say much but he invests and grafts and believes in himself. One of the very few Welsh people to invest in football.

My gripe against the Trust is their lack of gratitude to him. He gave them a 10,000% return on their investment and put two US potential buyers on table in front of them.

He should have a statue at Landore perhaps.
[Post edited 6 Apr 13:35]

My response to that was a good belly laugh, it's a parody of yourself. Surely even you can see you've gone too far, it's so ridiculous even Terry Pratchett couldn't have written it.

You definitely need to get a hobby, leave the keyboard, heck leave the house, there are other things to do besides looking foolish on here you know.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:36 - Apr 7 with 346 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 13:12 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

My response to that was a good belly laugh, it's a parody of yourself. Surely even you can see you've gone too far, it's so ridiculous even Terry Pratchett couldn't have written it.

You definitely need to get a hobby, leave the keyboard, heck leave the house, there are other things to do besides looking foolish on here you know.

It is good I have given you a laugh. Laughing is good. The majority is often correct but not in this case. I am comfortable going against the well briefed majority who have been gaslighted for years by forums like this.

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:39 - Apr 7 with 314 viewsBillyChong

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 23:54 - Apr 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The sellouts struck a deal with the yanks in December 2015 without informing the trust. The Trust were ‘introduced’ on the day the sale announcement was being released to the press. Too late at that point to ‘cut a deal’ or class as being included at the point of sale.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 15:42 - Apr 7 with 313 viewsSullutaCreturned

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:36 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

It is good I have given you a laugh. Laughing is good. The majority is often correct but not in this case. I am comfortable going against the well briefed majority who have been gaslighted for years by forums like this.

You claim we've been gaslighted? Only by you, you are the one making absurd claims that we know are not true. You are the one that makes up false scenarios to back up your claims. You even spread mistruths about Wrexham to try and justify your opinions.

Some things you have said I agree with but when it's about the trust and the owners all you do is try to gaslight us.
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:35 - Apr 7 with 269 viewsQJumpingJack

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 14:36 - Apr 7 by ReslovenSwan1

who is your source who has connections to the club?
Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 248 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huw has taken on a real big challenge. on 17:35 - Apr 7 by QJumpingJack

who is your source who has connections to the club?

I have read a lot of statement from the Trust the club and the press. From that I have deduced that the Trust did not sell their shares because they did not want to.

I thank Mr Silverstein for getting a deal. The 5% non dilution seems over generous to me but I not have seen the small print.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024