Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question 10:58 - Apr 11 with 762 viewsgrumpy

Who played for Everton as league champions and went on to play for Saints 191 times?
Question on 11:03 - Apr 11 with 756 viewsPatfromPoole

Jimmy Gabriel???

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Question on 11:29 - Apr 11 with 709 viewssaintmark1976

Question on 11:03 - Apr 11 by PatfromPoole

Jimmy Gabriel???

He won an F A Cup winner’s medal I remember. Everton 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday.
Question on 11:29 - Apr 11 with 709 viewsgrumpy

Question on 11:03 - Apr 11 by PatfromPoole

Jimmy Gabriel???

That didn’t last long. Well done,Pat.
Question on 12:58 - Apr 11 with 637 viewsPatfromPoole

Question on 11:29 - Apr 11 by grumpy

That didn’t last long. Well done,Pat.

Sorry.

Was a guess, honestly.

Question on 17:00 - Apr 11 with 539 viewssaintmark1976

Question on 12:58 - Apr 11 by PatfromPoole

Sorry.

Was a guess, honestly.

Many years back around 1974ish if I recall correctly, I was playing tennis with a mate on the public courts adjacent to Bournemouth’s ground which was then called Dean Court.

The court next to ours became vacant and Jimmy Gabriel and Harry Redknap came and played on it. At the time they were both Bournemouth players and had just finished training for the day. Prior to the start of their game we had a very pleasant chat with them both.Neither had any “ edge”to them and were quite happy to give us their time. I also remember that their tennis skills were far in excess of ours.

Footballers and the times they played in then were much happier then. Very few agents, security guards, press photographers, hangers on and no ridiculous tattoos.
Question on 00:11 - Apr 12 with 384 viewsChesham_Saint

Question on 17:00 - Apr 11 by saintmark1976

Many years back around 1974ish if I recall correctly, I was playing tennis with a mate on the public courts adjacent to Bournemouth’s ground which was then called Dean Court.

The court next to ours became vacant and Jimmy Gabriel and Harry Redknap came and played on it. At the time they were both Bournemouth players and had just finished training for the day. Prior to the start of their game we had a very pleasant chat with them both.Neither had any “ edge”to them and were quite happy to give us their time. I also remember that their tennis skills were far in excess of ours.

Footballers and the times they played in then were much happier then. Very few agents, security guards, press photographers, hangers on and no ridiculous tattoos.

I wonder where old saggy chops learned the dark arts then….? I despise him.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Question on 06:24 - Apr 12 with 336 viewsPatfromPoole

Question on 00:11 - Apr 12 by Chesham_Saint

You can take the man out of West Ham, but you can never take etc etc……

Question on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 247 viewssaintmark1976

Question on 00:11 - Apr 12 by Chesham_Saint

Probably when vast amounts of money came into the game. When I first met him the difference between the average man’s wage and that of a pro footballer was not that great compared to the vast gulf now.

Out of interest, I met him in a professional capacity much later in life and suffice to say he certainly was a different person then compared to our initial meeting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024