Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both 16:43 - Apr 17 with 713 viewsIfonly

RM decided that Baz should be in goal last night with Lumley on the bench. So, he'd decided that if Baz was injured after 30 seconds, Lumley was the right man to come on. Then, because Baz was injured in the warm-up, he decides AM should come on instead. In what world is that logical decision making?!? It doesn't make any sense, but then some of his other decisions have been pretty weird too.

The only alternative explanation that does make sense is that RM just didn't think about it beforehand. Despite the fact that he's had all season to think this through, the evidence suggests he hasn't really thought about it at all. Only when he's forced to think about it does he decide what he really wants and then he just decides on a whim. This is just unprofessional.

It must be one of those 2 things right? What other explanation is there?

We won, which is great and credit to all involved, but I do wonder what is going on inside RM's head, if anything much at all.
[Post edited 17 Apr 16:45]
Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 16:58 - Apr 17 with 646 viewsPatfromPoole

I just wonder if Joe Lumley is in the squad for "good bloke" value.

When you see some of the drivel that the Club release on social media with behind the scenes footage etc, Lumley often seems to be in on a lot of the "bantz".

Whereas it could be that McCarthy is more aloof and perhaps not as popular within the squad. And is perhaps more opinionated in questioning why he isn't in ahead of Bazunu (justifiably so IMO).

But when it comes down to it, who would you rather have in goal when Bazunu is injured and it comes to the crunch?

Somebody who has been selected by England and has won a player of the season award at Saints, or somebody who has played no higher than the Championship?

Southgate often does this with England; he would rather have players as reserves who are good blokes and won't upset the squad dynamic (e.g. Conor Coady) rather than outspoken types. But he'll rarely actually use them.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 17:31 - Apr 17 with 571 viewsA1079

There have been many times I have questioned RM's decisions but to be honest, I am basking in what was a good all round professional performance and outcome last night. Though there won't be a single fan that does not have a view on who should or shouldn't be picked I have to assume that the manager knows alot more about the players than I ever will and entrust that the decisions he makes will by and large be for the right reason(s).

From an outside perspective it does feel harsh on Lumley but I assume there is a good reason why RM felt he was not the man for the job on this particular occasion.

At the end of the day, I am not too bothered who plays if they perform like they did last night and get a good result. It is a team game and as a team they did what they had to do, albeit against a largely supine opposition. AM was largely a bystander last night and many of us regulars are aware of his frailties. If he is the (preferred) person between the sticks in the coming games he will undoubtedly be tested alot more. How he performs, whether it is good or bad will determine to some extent whether RM has made a sound or questionable decision - but that is what being a manager is all about and what they are paid for.
Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 17:41 - Apr 17 with 542 viewsSpitMk9

Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 17:31 - Apr 17 by A1079

There have been many times I have questioned RM's decisions but to be honest, I am basking in what was a good all round professional performance and outcome last night. Though there won't be a single fan that does not have a view on who should or shouldn't be picked I have to assume that the manager knows alot more about the players than I ever will and entrust that the decisions he makes will by and large be for the right reason(s).

From an outside perspective it does feel harsh on Lumley but I assume there is a good reason why RM felt he was not the man for the job on this particular occasion.

At the end of the day, I am not too bothered who plays if they perform like they did last night and get a good result. It is a team game and as a team they did what they had to do, albeit against a largely supine opposition. AM was largely a bystander last night and many of us regulars are aware of his frailties. If he is the (preferred) person between the sticks in the coming games he will undoubtedly be tested alot more. How he performs, whether it is good or bad will determine to some extent whether RM has made a sound or questionable decision - but that is what being a manager is all about and what they are paid for.

Well said
Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 17:55 - Apr 17 with 526 viewsIfonly

Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 17:31 - Apr 17 by A1079

"it does feel harsh on Lumley but I assume there is a good reason why RM felt he was not the man for the job on this particular occasion."

Fine, so why pick him as sub in the first place? Why did RM pick a man as sub who he didn't feel was up to the job and leave out a man that he thought was up to it? It's either irrational or unprofessional, simple as that.
Sorry but Russell must be either irrational or unprofessional or both on 08:35 - Apr 18 with 254 viewssledger

it will be interesting who plays saturday,surely macarthy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024