Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets £10 Offer !! 19:01 - Apr 20 with 8028 viewsrkershaw

Dale season ticket holders can watch any of the Hornets home games until the start of National League 2024 /25 campaign for a mere tenner......bargain!! ;)
[Post edited 20 Apr 19:06]
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 22:28 - Apr 20 with 4032 viewskel

And sit beside people like that Tyrone fella on this link?

I’ll pass ta…

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/378909-dale%E2%80%99s-relegation
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 01:50 - Apr 21 with 3893 views_Windydale

I like a bit of rugby league, having played for a local side, never watched it, a fan of warrington wolves cos I work over there, but If hornets have a decent competitive side I'll be there to support the town team for a tenner.
[Post edited 21 Apr 1:57]
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 02:54 - Apr 21 with 3867 viewsrickyprickles

Does anyone have any idea why some of the Rugby lot are annoyed by the alleged bad behaviour towards them by the Football club?
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:03 - Apr 21 with 3737 viewsDalenet

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 02:54 - Apr 21 by rickyprickles

Does anyone have any idea why some of the Rugby lot are annoyed by the alleged bad behaviour towards them by the Football club?

The story goes on and on.....and has done for decades

But more recently, they were miffed that Simon started to define what they could have for their annual rent and it was a lot less than they used to have. Could only use half of the main stand, lost their trophy cabinet, lost their shop/office facilities, and had their sign above the front door taken down. The relationship between their previous CEO and the football club had broken down. They have a new one now and the relationship has improved. As part of the deal to buy the RFL share of Spotland the football club agreed to a long term rental deal for hornets at c£18k a year. When we were struggling last year the football club looked at this and said it wasn't sustainable. The Hornets fans you refer to wind the clock back 30 years and remind us that we wouldn't have survived without the money they put into Spotland when they sold their ground to Morrisons and began sharing with us. I am sure there is more to it than that.....but you get the idea.

They have about 8 regular posters on their fans messageboard that hate the football club - but won't think of moving out. They wish us ill - one even said he would laugh if we went bust - without realising it would be the end of them too. Very bitter and horrid people. Even their own Chairman posts under a name to have a go at them. But the majority of their fans are decent people and don't get involved.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:21]
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:35 - Apr 21 with 3662 viewskel

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:03 - Apr 21 by Dalenet

The story goes on and on.....and has done for decades

But more recently, they were miffed that Simon started to define what they could have for their annual rent and it was a lot less than they used to have. Could only use half of the main stand, lost their trophy cabinet, lost their shop/office facilities, and had their sign above the front door taken down. The relationship between their previous CEO and the football club had broken down. They have a new one now and the relationship has improved. As part of the deal to buy the RFL share of Spotland the football club agreed to a long term rental deal for hornets at c£18k a year. When we were struggling last year the football club looked at this and said it wasn't sustainable. The Hornets fans you refer to wind the clock back 30 years and remind us that we wouldn't have survived without the money they put into Spotland when they sold their ground to Morrisons and began sharing with us. I am sure there is more to it than that.....but you get the idea.

They have about 8 regular posters on their fans messageboard that hate the football club - but won't think of moving out. They wish us ill - one even said he would laugh if we went bust - without realising it would be the end of them too. Very bitter and horrid people. Even their own Chairman posts under a name to have a go at them. But the majority of their fans are decent people and don't get involved.
[Post edited 21 Apr 10:21]

The ones on Twitter that took great delight in our relegation should be added to that list too. I think two were parents of a player (Nixon?). The others off the top of my head are the one who bangs a drum at their games and the pest control bloke. I’d rather nail my testicles to the floor than put a single penny in the direction of that club. I’m getting less bitter as I age 😀 but not where that lot are concerned.

Agree that they have a few decent ones though and I’m always happy to bump into one in particular in the main stand at our games. The vindictive ones have caused the issues and they know who they are.

Up “The AFC”
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:36 - Apr 21 with 3660 viewsEllDale

The chairman wasn’t totally blameless at the time but, to be fair, he has changed his tone somewhat and stopped some of the inflammatory tweets that he used to indulge in.
The animosity goes back a lot further though. There are several examples in Chris Dunphy’s book about open hostility at board level going back 10/15 years or so.
What Hornets fans tend to forget is that, yes, they put money into Spotland when they moved in but they spent the majority of the Morrisons money on expensive players who got them promoted but then couldn’t hack it in the top division.
And I’ve lost track of the number of times in the last 30 years when they’ve gone bust. They can’t operate sustainably on their gates.
But I’ll leave it at that as I keep getting b0llocked for mentioning Hornets on this board.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:52 - Apr 21 with 3579 viewskel

I’ll also add that one of their posters named me specifically on their forum when I challenged his stirring on here. A lot of people know my full name anyway so that doesn’t particularly bother me, but for someone in such a position of ‘power’ to do so won’t be forgotten.

Him going full circle to do things like sponsor Dale games might fool some people but not me and others who had him worked out early doors. He never does anything unless it benefits himself and his horrible club. More fool those who fall for it.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:59 - Apr 21 with 3394 viewsnordenblue

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:52 - Apr 21 by kel

I’ll also add that one of their posters named me specifically on their forum when I challenged his stirring on here. A lot of people know my full name anyway so that doesn’t particularly bother me, but for someone in such a position of ‘power’ to do so won’t be forgotten.

Him going full circle to do things like sponsor Dale games might fool some people but not me and others who had him worked out early doors. He never does anything unless it benefits himself and his horrible club. More fool those who fall for it.

The guys an absolute balloon, his rants after a few too many shandys are hilarious, ive still got a fair few wild conversations screen shot for future reference should the need arise 👍
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 12:00 - Apr 21 with 3389 viewskel

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:59 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

The guys an absolute balloon, his rants after a few too many shandys are hilarious, ive still got a fair few wild conversations screen shot for future reference should the need arise 👍

As have I 😂
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 18:51 - Apr 21 with 3163 viewsrkershaw

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 12:00 - Apr 21 by kel

As have I 😂

Great away win by the Hornets this afternoon v North Wales Crusaders......a very difficult place to come away with the W !! Keighley Cougars at home next Sunday 3pm KO.....£10 admission for Dale season card holders!! ;)
[Post edited 21 Apr 19:15]
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:08 - Apr 23 with 2726 viewsrickyprickles

Interesting, thanks for that.
Hornets £10 Offer !! (n/t) on 14:25 - Apr 23 with 2580 viewshammerdale

Hornets £10 Offer !! (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 23 with 2446 viewsrkershaw

Hornets £10 Offer !! (n/t) on 14:25 - Apr 23 by hammerdale

10% off ALL tickets for this Sunday v Keighley Cougars (Home 3pm KO) purchased online using the code DOUBLEDALE .....Dale season card holders £10 admission!! ;)
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 23:38 - Apr 23 with 2268 viewshammerdale

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:59 - Apr 21 by nordenblue

Under what circumstances would the need arise? ....The present CEO has done a massive job to improve relations..Every game has a match sponsor, boxes are full on Sunday's and the Foundation involving the kids in the Town is a credit to the club. All this with virtually no financial assistance from the Rugby League. I think the Chairman will regret some of his rants..and it is correct that Hornets pay their way..but the pathetic schoolboy actions in removing their memorabilia from the display cabinets really did hit a nerve...along with the absolutely massive own goal in not staging the England Fiji match.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 00:44 - Apr 24 with 2231 viewsSandyman

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 23:38 - Apr 23 by hammerdale

Under what circumstances would the need arise? ....The present CEO has done a massive job to improve relations..Every game has a match sponsor, boxes are full on Sunday's and the Foundation involving the kids in the Town is a credit to the club. All this with virtually no financial assistance from the Rugby League. I think the Chairman will regret some of his rants..and it is correct that Hornets pay their way..but the pathetic schoolboy actions in removing their memorabilia from the display cabinets really did hit a nerve...along with the absolutely massive own goal in not staging the England Fiji match.

Digging up the Fiji game - oh dear. The reasons why that game wasn't held at Spotland have been in the public domain for a long time. For the nth time, this was not the fault of the RAFC chair. Hornets legal action against RAFC failed on lack of evidence. Also, Hornets could not give assurance that the requirements of the safety certificate at the ground (held by RAFC) could be satisfied nor were they prepared to pay the necessary costs to comply with said certificate. Hosting the game under those circumstances would be illegal.

Hornets pay a peppercorn rent to use the COA, but still wanted free external hoardings (they still have one at least!), free offices, free trophy cabinet, free this and that as well. Would they get these things for free anywhere else? No. Commercial reality - you get what you pay for. If you don't pay the going rate, you don't get. Demanding freebies from someone else's business as though you are entitled to these things as of right is just bonkers. It seems that reality has hit home in the Hornets boardroom, but not amongst their most militant followers.

Great to see a thawing of relations between Dale and Hornets, but if you are going to dig up old gripes from the past, expect a response.

No doubt both clubs can work together in the future for the benefit of the town, but this constant whining from a few Hornets fans makes me think those fans would be happier at another venue rather than a cheap rent deal at the COA. Off you pop then.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 01:46 - Apr 24 with 2203 viewsnordenblue

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 23:38 - Apr 23 by hammerdale

Whenever he starts running his mouth off again on social media after a few shandys, I can always bring back the previous ill thought out shite he's previously cried about, a few attempts to smooth things over knowing hes previously fooked up countless times won't wash with some folk I'm afraid....the guy's thicker than fog bless him.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:31 - Apr 24 with 2075 viewsrkershaw

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 01:46 - Apr 24 by nordenblue

Whenever he starts running his mouth off again on social media after a few shandys, I can always bring back the previous ill thought out shite he's previously cried about, a few attempts to smooth things over knowing hes previously fooked up countless times won't wash with some folk I'm afraid....the guy's thicker than fog bless him.

I'm under the impression that the Ogden's are investing not solely in the football club but.....and MORE importantly in my humble opinion......in the wider community of Rochdale. The success of either / both the towns' football / rugby club will naturally bolster the community....bringing that feel good factor. Can we simply not let bygones be bygones and look to the future for the sake of our floundering local COMMUNITY??
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:35 - Apr 24 with 2073 viewsDuckegg

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 00:44 - Apr 24 by Sandyman

Digging up the Fiji game - oh dear. The reasons why that game wasn't held at Spotland have been in the public domain for a long time. For the nth time, this was not the fault of the RAFC chair. Hornets legal action against RAFC failed on lack of evidence. Also, Hornets could not give assurance that the requirements of the safety certificate at the ground (held by RAFC) could be satisfied nor were they prepared to pay the necessary costs to comply with said certificate. Hosting the game under those circumstances would be illegal.

Hornets pay a peppercorn rent to use the COA, but still wanted free external hoardings (they still have one at least!), free offices, free trophy cabinet, free this and that as well. Would they get these things for free anywhere else? No. Commercial reality - you get what you pay for. If you don't pay the going rate, you don't get. Demanding freebies from someone else's business as though you are entitled to these things as of right is just bonkers. It seems that reality has hit home in the Hornets boardroom, but not amongst their most militant followers.

Great to see a thawing of relations between Dale and Hornets, but if you are going to dig up old gripes from the past, expect a response.

No doubt both clubs can work together in the future for the benefit of the town, but this constant whining from a few Hornets fans makes me think those fans would be happier at another venue rather than a cheap rent deal at the COA. Off you pop then.

So while Dale virtually didnt have a pot to pi55 and nearly went under and the Hornets get virtually everything gratis..

Well it is about time they started contributing towards everything.....
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 10:38 - Apr 24 with 1970 viewsrkershaw

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 09:35 - Apr 24 by Duckegg

So while Dale virtually didnt have a pot to pi55 and nearly went under and the Hornets get virtually everything gratis..

Well it is about time they started contributing towards everything.....

Is the PI55 the same as a P45?? :)
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:16 - Apr 24 with 1900 viewshammerdale

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 00:44 - Apr 24 by Sandyman

Rent for a display cabinet that showed the history of the Fijians in Rochdale, along with old programmes, season tickets, historic team photos....subjects that even football fans were interested in..and trophies in memory of deceased players, they were removed in spite..nothing else.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 11:32 - Apr 24 with 1854 viewshammerdale

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 01:46 - Apr 24 by nordenblue

I think there has been about 15 months of smoothing things over...and relations are running smoothly😊😊..also the peppercorn rent constantly brought up was an agreement done well before his time as Chairman.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 15:28 - Apr 24 with 1689 viewssxdale

I have always supported both teams in this town. The pecking order for me is Dale, Belle Vue speedway then Hornets. I hope that new ownership can bring both clubs closer together. I get the impression that Sir Peter Ogden wants to see the town flourish and both professional sports teams doing well would help. Maybe new training facilities could be used for the benefit of both. I can't argue that Hornets owner has behaved like an utter cockwomble in the past especially after a few scoops but there are many on here (myself included) that would level that same accusation at our current chairman as well with his threats to pull the plug, maybe now would be a good time for reconciliation even though I feel there are fans on both sides for who this will prove impossible.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 20:47 - Apr 24 with 1475 viewspioneer

Apologies, my fat finger seems to have voted down hammerdale and rkershaw posts. when I intended to vote the up. No idea how to correct this.
Hornets £10 Offer !! on 20:48 - Apr 24 with 1445 viewsD_Alien

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 20:47 - Apr 24 by pioneer

Apologies, my fat finger seems to have voted down hammerdale and rkershaw posts. when I intended to vote the up. No idea how to correct this.

Just vote "up" which at least balances the downvote

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 07:08 - Apr 28 with 1056 viewsrkershaw

Hornets £10 Offer !! on 20:48 - Apr 24 by D_Alien

Just vote "up" which at least balances the downvote

28/04/2024......Today's agenda.....
Get dragged around Morrisons by your naggin' missus and kids? NAH!!
Go and sit for 3 hours with the inlaws watching repeats of Gardener's World? NAH!!
Powerwash the driveway and valet the cars? NAH!!
OR......SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SPORTING COMMUNITY.....Have a swig or x3 in The Radcliffe (with all proceeds going to the football club) and watch Hornets for a tenner (with your Dale season card 2023/24)? CHECK !! ......3pm KO @ COA.....see you there!! ;)
[Post edited 28 Apr 7:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024