Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton James : His own football revolution 20:00 - Apr 20 with 1159 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62363/leighton-james-his

Take some time out and click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:02 - Apr 20 with 1156 viewsKeithHaynes

I really hope you enjoy this feature ❤️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:43 - Apr 20 with 1083 viewsThrasher6

Fantastic piece....you know for me he was a West Walian at heart. Loved his roots...when his talent took him to other places...you knew he would gravitate back here. He was a great winger...we were blessed with two top notch classic wingers.. Tommy Hutchinson and Leighton...(Tommy would rightly say who was the best..). He was very very good...
[Post edited 20 Apr 20:44]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:44 - Apr 20 with 1079 viewsbuilthjack

People say about Greats. He truly was one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:54 - Apr 20 with 1062 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nice article, just wish I could see that goal against Liverpool again, because in my mind it was probably the best goal I've ever seen, but doesn't seem to be saved for posterity anywhere.
Leighton James : His own football revolution on 23:17 - Apr 20 with 937 viewsJust_Dave

Lovely article. If only we had a nation newspaper that could articulate as well as that.
I'm so grateful I was blessed to have seen the likes of Leighton, Robbie , Kennedy, Thompson, Robinson etc in the flesh.
All great players for us in a golden period, sadly missed
Leighton James : His own football revolution on 07:42 - Apr 21 with 839 viewsBoundy

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:44 - Apr 20 by builthjack

People say about Greats. He truly was one.

I did and thanks

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 11:42 - Apr 21 with 769 viewsWingstandwood

He saw himself first and foremost as a feeder of goal opportunities for others, he had a good goal scoring record and scored some truly spectacular goals.

He scored some absolute humdinger goals that sadly I cannot find/relive on video, but at least I had the priveledge to see them up close and personal like a long range shot against Bolton at home and against Sunderland away for example.

I reckon that he could have played as a direct out and out striker and bagged even more, but he saw the role of wing-play provider as his main duty.

Wasn't Jefferson Montero (78 Swansea apps 1 goal) described as a 'winger'? Compare the two folks! Sh1t and sugar stuff hey!

Argus!

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 12:43 - Apr 21 with 737 viewsKeithHaynes

v Liverpool away

v Liverpool home

v Arsenal

v Manchester United

v Nottingham Forest

v Leeds United

v Newcastle United

v Stoke City

v Cardiff City

v Tottenham Hotspur

v Manchester City

v Ipswich Town

v Everton

Collection

Login to get fewer ads

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 13:01 - Apr 21 with 727 viewsWingstandwood

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 12:43 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

v Liverpool away

v Liverpool home

v Arsenal

v Manchester United

v Nottingham Forest

v Leeds United

v Newcastle United

v Stoke City

v Cardiff City

v Tottenham Hotspur

v Manchester City

v Ipswich Town

v Everton

Collection

Great stuff! It's sad that it was a day and age when a lot of his other goals were not video'd to be forever shown in all full glory. The one's against Sunderland and Bolton I cannot find. I would also love to see his goal against Liverpool at home at The Vetch during a night game that he scored on his birthday.

I did happen to come across a Robbie James spectacular 1:51s against West Ham that (thought it was forever lost!) cropped up out of the blue only a short while back,. These video's are brill for sentimental purposes!

Argus!

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:22 - Apr 21 with 627 viewsKeithHaynes

James ripping England a new one.

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:58 - Apr 21 with 597 viewsKeithHaynes

And may I add.

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 23:44 - Apr 21 with 512 viewsReslovenSwan1

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:58 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

And may I add.

One for Kilkenny. Note the anthem. England players peeled away. The Welsh players sang "Mae hen Wlad... " on their own as the FA declined to play the Welsh anthem. Ted Crocker the FA chairman decided it was not necessary. You will note Union Jacks in the crowd not so many St. George's flags.

Things had changed by 1996 and the Euros where the Jack had been ditched by the Saes.
[Post edited 21 Apr 23:45]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:25 - Apr 22 with 422 viewsEagleEye

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 20:54 - Apr 20 by Treforys_Jack

Nice article, just wish I could see that goal against Liverpool again, because in my mind it was probably the best goal I've ever seen, but doesn't seem to be saved for posterity anywhere.

If you are referring to a free kick that he scored in a night match against Liverpool at the Vetch, I too have been unable to find it. It was a direct free kick at the Double Decker end about 25-30 yards out. Leighton started his run up on the half way line - what a strike that was - think we won that one 2-0
Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:49 - Apr 22 with 416 viewsKeithHaynes

Leighton James : His own football revolution on 17:25 - Apr 22 by EagleEye

If you are referring to a free kick that he scored in a night match against Liverpool at the Vetch, I too have been unable to find it. It was a direct free kick at the Double Decker end about 25-30 yards out. Leighton started his run up on the half way line - what a strike that was - think we won that one 2-0

He loved a long run up, that penalty to beat England at Wembley a fine example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024