Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Effing P!ssed Off!! 21:46 - Apr 20 with 2028 viewsSouthamptonfan

Just got back, what a ridiculous result against Cardiff reserves. Just spent £160 on Leeds tickets for myself and family members because the team gave us hope with 3 home wins, we didn't want to miss possible celebrations of promotion at Elland Road, then they f@cking lose to Cardiff reserves and miss about 10 open goals! Are they just teasing us. I wouldn't have bothered spending all that money for Leeds for a meaningless game and saved it for the play offs. Lost to Ipswich, automatics gone, fine accepted, then they give us hope again and then crashing back down again!!!

If they were going to not turn up today, and players who have played in the PL were going to miss open goals from 2 yards, why did they bother beating Watford in the 99th minute? Why didn't they settle for a play off place a few games ago and save us a whole lot of money, stress and hope? Why give us all hope, to f@ck up yet again? We didn't even get out of 2nd gear today. So soft, so lame, no aggressive play.

I've now got to go to Leeds, probably watch all their fans celebrate promotion in our faces and then spend a whole load of more money on play off tickets and then a possible day at Wembley. When we then probably f@ck it up anyway, they will then want another £600 each for season tickets, unless I move to the Northam.

Cue all the blame on RM, and he has to take his fair share of the blame but honestly can professional players not just tap the ball into an empty net in a big game against Cardiff's reserves?

Yours Sincerely

Thoroughly P!ssed Off Southamptonfan.
[Post edited 20 Apr 21:52]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 22:10 - Apr 20 with 1908 viewssaint22

It’s Saints it’s what we do every year

That said you have a point, so so silly and predictable

There is an argument for refunding tix
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 22:18 - Apr 20 with 1895 viewsfelly1

Hi SouthamptonFan,

Like you I just back home with my very disappointed 11 year old.
It's been our achillies heel all season in not capitalising on our domination.
People will say we are the second top scorers in the league and Armstrong has 20, Che 15.
But they both miss absolutely tonnes of great chances in games.
Brooks decided to make a treble team of goal fluffers today.
You could sense everyone thinking and saying the same thing..... Here we go again when is the equaliser coming.

You are right this isn't Martin's fault.
He can't make them better finishers.

But his decision to bring on both Fraser and Edozie at the same time was frankly ridiculous.
They ended up both on the same wing and in each other's way.. It was so bizarre.

We always miss Downes when he doesn't play and if we were playing a half decent side instead of an injury hit mid table side, they would have ruthlessly exposed Smallbone's failings in this position...he's s just neither strong or quick enough to play here.

Why was Stuey Armstrong still playing as everyone can see he's spent by 70 mins.. That injury has now ruined his Euros.. Gutted for him.

I thought our fans were excellent upto their equaliser.
After it went in everyone just basically gave up...

I blame Jack Stephens.

Brooks today
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 22:24 - Apr 20 with 1881 viewssaintmark1976

Every sympathy with you Southamptonfan together with all the others who travelled to Cardiff and have also supported the team around the country this season.

Small consolation though it may be but I very much suspect that buying Wembley tickets is not going to trouble your bank balance this season.

Russell Martin’s tippy tappy sideways and backwards football isn’t the recipe for playoff success and as has been proved all season long, he has no plan B. Hopefully he will be off to Brighton in the close season.
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 00:29 - Apr 21 with 1668 viewscocklebreath

I now get to spend £50 on 2 memberships for me and my son to garauntee play off tickets, been to most home games and a few away but not a member, can’t miss out on play offs so time to waste some more money on these c£nts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 01:59 - Apr 21 with 1603 viewssaint22

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 22:18 - Apr 20 by felly1

Hi SouthamptonFan,

Like you I just back home with my very disappointed 11 year old.
It's been our achillies heel all season in not capitalising on our domination.
People will say we are the second top scorers in the league and Armstrong has 20, Che 15.
But they both miss absolutely tonnes of great chances in games.
Brooks decided to make a treble team of goal fluffers today.
You could sense everyone thinking and saying the same thing..... Here we go again when is the equaliser coming.

You are right this isn't Martin's fault.
He can't make them better finishers.

But his decision to bring on both Fraser and Edozie at the same time was frankly ridiculous.
They ended up both on the same wing and in each other's way.. It was so bizarre.

We always miss Downes when he doesn't play and if we were playing a half decent side instead of an injury hit mid table side, they would have ruthlessly exposed Smallbone's failings in this position...he's s just neither strong or quick enough to play here.

Why was Stuey Armstrong still playing as everyone can see he's spent by 70 mins.. That injury has now ruined his Euros.. Gutted for him.

I thought our fans were excellent upto their equaliser.
After it went in everyone just basically gave up...

I blame Jack Stephens.

Brooks today

As I posted elsewhere total lunacy leaving Stuey on for that long and now look, ruined his summer and likely his last game for us
The subs again killed us, how many times
And as for Smallbone well he just isn’t up too it
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 06:13 - Apr 21 with 1514 viewsRipleys_revenge

Of all the galling results we have had this season from games we dominated and either drew or lost, this has to be the worst. Absolutely abysmal and gutless performances from our strikers. Ponderous and lackadaisical in goal scoring positions, lack of touch or presence of mind, zero composure. Complete lack of heart to go for it instead of f@ck about in crucial situations. While Brooks's miss was horrendous, Che Adams should also not escape scrutiny. His miss when he skewed it wide was absolutely appalling.

Everyone knew it was coming when we failed to add to our 1 goal lead. The failure to address this has been a long term problem. I see no route to promotion via the play offs, other teams will shred us on application and commitment alone. This was the worst result of the season for me. f@ck off the lot of them
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 10:29 - Apr 21 with 1172 viewsBLEEDRED

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 00:29 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

I now get to spend £50 on 2 memberships for me and my son to garauntee play off tickets, been to most home games and a few away but not a member, can’t miss out on play offs so time to waste some more money on these c£nts

Would not waste your money, whoever we play will give us the minium tickets allowed and all will more than likely go to S/T holders
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 11:47 - Apr 21 with 1045 viewscocklebreath

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 10:29 - Apr 21 by BLEEDRED

Would not waste your money, whoever we play will give us the minium tickets allowed and all will more than likely go to S/T holders

I was thinking more about the home leg and I know unlikely the final

Login to get fewer ads

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 12:05 - Apr 21 with 1012 viewsSouthamptonfan

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 06:13 - Apr 21 by Ripleys_revenge

Of all the galling results we have had this season from games we dominated and either drew or lost, this has to be the worst. Absolutely abysmal and gutless performances from our strikers. Ponderous and lackadaisical in goal scoring positions, lack of touch or presence of mind, zero composure. Complete lack of heart to go for it instead of f@ck about in crucial situations. While Brooks's miss was horrendous, Che Adams should also not escape scrutiny. His miss when he skewed it wide was absolutely appalling.

Everyone knew it was coming when we failed to add to our 1 goal lead. The failure to address this has been a long term problem. I see no route to promotion via the play offs, other teams will shred us on application and commitment alone. This was the worst result of the season for me. f@ck off the lot of them

Worst performance, result and most gutting for me too. Ipswich away was gutting, but they are a good side in this league. We gave it a go there and got beat, it happens.

But in a must win game against a very average side yesterday, they had 12 players out injured. Totally unacceptable. You wouldn't want to go into battle with this lot. A bunch of weak bottlers.

I don't blame RM yesterday. If Brooks scores from 2 yards into an open goal, we win the game. If Adams doesn't miss an easy chance (yet again) we win the game. It comes down to the club not having good enough players (yet again).

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 12:07 - Apr 21 with 1006 viewsSouthamptonfan

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 11:47 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

Yeah, I'm assuming you would need to be a member to get tickets for the home leg, as it won't go to general sale like most other games do. I wonder how many members we have.

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 13:55 - Apr 21 with 901 viewsBLEEDRED

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 11:47 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

I would check with the club first, as they may well have a cut-off point so that memberships taken out now will not qualify . Having said that, the club is just as likely to take your money then say no!!
The final (if we get there) should be easier, I believe both clubs get 35000
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 14:45 - Apr 21 with 863 viewssaint22

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 12:05 - Apr 21 by Southamptonfan

Worst performance, result and most gutting for me too. Ipswich away was gutting, but they are a good side in this league. We gave it a go there and got beat, it happens.

But in a must win game against a very average side yesterday, they had 12 players out injured. Totally unacceptable. You wouldn't want to go into battle with this lot. A bunch of weak bottlers.

I don't blame RM yesterday. If Brooks scores from 2 yards into an open goal, we win the game. If Adams doesn't miss an easy chance (yet again) we win the game. It comes down to the club not having good enough players (yet again).

Wussell gets the blame for yesterday too
I still maintain we don’t have a finishing coach and that we don’t practise finishing enough
It’s been the same all season which says to me it hasn’t been worked on
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 14:57 - Apr 21 with 825 viewsSouthamptonfan

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 14:45 - Apr 21 by saint22

Wussell gets the blame for yesterday too
I still maintain we don’t have a finishing coach and that we don’t practise finishing enough
It’s been the same all season which says to me it hasn’t been worked on

You would think players like Brooks who have played in the Premier league would know how to score from 2 yards? I mean, I have had no training at all, and I could shoot at a target a few centimeters away from me. Players on the pitch need to do their job, regardless of tactics and training. You're saying professional players need guidance on how to score into an open goal from a few yards out?

It's like a surgeon blaming his training because he operated on the liver instead of the lungs. Oops, wrong organ, better ask my manager for more training. "I'm a surgeon, I have studied for 10 years but don't know how to tell the organs apart, need more training." Sorry, I don't accept that. A striker should know how to score from 2 yards. The misses yesterday were pathetic. It wasn't tactics, just do your job and score easy chances.
[Post edited 21 Apr 15:04]

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 15:19 - Apr 21 with 796 viewscocklebreath

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 13:55 - Apr 21 by BLEEDRED

I would check with the club first, as they may well have a cut-off point so that memberships taken out now will not qualify . Having said that, the club is just as likely to take your money then say no!!
The final (if we get there) should be easier, I believe both clubs get 35000

Too late I’ve got them, hopefully not wasted money.

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 15:57 - Apr 21 with 752 viewsIfonly

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 14:57 - Apr 21 by Southamptonfan

You would think players like Brooks who have played in the Premier league would know how to score from 2 yards? I mean, I have had no training at all, and I could shoot at a target a few centimeters away from me. Players on the pitch need to do their job, regardless of tactics and training. You're saying professional players need guidance on how to score into an open goal from a few yards out?

It's like a surgeon blaming his training because he operated on the liver instead of the lungs. Oops, wrong organ, better ask my manager for more training. "I'm a surgeon, I have studied for 10 years but don't know how to tell the organs apart, need more training." Sorry, I don't accept that. A striker should know how to score from 2 yards. The misses yesterday were pathetic. It wasn't tactics, just do your job and score easy chances.
[Post edited 21 Apr 15:04]

You're being far too hard on Brooks. Watch the replay, the defender and goalkeeper recover really well. His one chance to shoot was when he had his 3rd touch but, having rounded the keeper the ball wasn't sitting well on his left foot. If he'd shot then he'd either have hit the defender or skied it because the ball was too far left. He had to open up to shoot into the right hand side of the goal, which he did, but the keeper nicked it off his toe.
So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 722 viewsBLEEDRED

So Effing P!ssed Off!! on 15:19 - Apr 21 by cocklebreath

Too late I’ve got them, hopefully not wasted money.

Good Luck
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024