Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 18:42 - Apr 21 with 835 viewskingslandstand1

Just watching that game, and the tvvats in the Prem and even FA dare I say are trying to kill it for the lower league teams

Fk it, all lower league teams boycott the final on TV that's bound to make them change their minds

(though tbf, I'd probably avoid the bore that it will be anyway )
[Post edited 21 Apr 18:43]
FA Cup on 11:40 - Apr 22 with 510 viewssaint901

I've only seen FA cup games this season that feature Saints.

The rest of the games mean nothing to me.

the football calendar could be cleared in a stroke by just selecting two PL teams at random and saying that they will be in the final - we don't need the games.

Also with two Manc clubs in the final, why not have it at Anfield or Goodson or Villa PArk? Why clog up the rail lines to London, move the game to suit TV and leave a lot of "happy" fans out, late at night, in London?
FA Cup on 13:30 - Apr 22 with 448 viewsCity_boy

FA Cup on 11:40 - Apr 22 by saint901

the football calendar could be cleared in a stroke by just selecting two PL teams at random and saying that they will be in the final - we don't need the games.

Also with two Manc clubs in the final, why not have it at Anfield or Goodson or Villa PArk? Why clog up the rail lines to London, move the game to suit TV and leave a lot of "happy" fans out, late at night, in London?

I can see the logic holding it near Manchester, but it comes down to capacity. Both sides will undoubtedly moan about their allocation of tickets, after corporates etc, so keeping it at Wembley makes sense, given that is has nearly 30k more capacity.

Plus, most of the Man U supporters will be from Home Counties and not Manchester, so helps them with travel.
FA Cup on 14:20 - Apr 22 with 423 viewsLondonSaint76

FA Cup on 11:40 - Apr 22 by saint901

Clog up the rail lines? Engineering works will probably put paid to that!! They’ve done it before a couple of seasons ago where the West Coast main line was part shut the weekend of the Final. Thing is the FA still take a considerable volume of Cup Final tickets, although not quite as many as they used to, so even an extended Anfield would not be big enough. The allocation the FA take don’t go to the two competing Clubs. There really should be a second national stadium in either the NW or Yorkshire to cater for the all northern semi finals / finals and as a northern base for some England games to be played at as an alternative to Wembley. Saw England at Old Trafford and Sunderland when Wembley was being rebuilt and the atmosphere was arguably better than Wembley.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

FA Cup on 14:38 - Apr 22 with 414 viewsGRIM

FA Cup on 13:30 - Apr 22 by City_boy

I can see the logic holding it near Manchester, but it comes down to capacity. Both sides will undoubtedly moan about their allocation of tickets, after corporates etc, so keeping it at Wembley makes sense, given that is has nearly 30k more capacity.

Plus, most of the Man U supporters will be from Home Counties and not Manchester, so helps them with travel.

Never understood how you can be born & bred in Southampton but end up supporting Man U or others.
FA Cup on 23:57 - Apr 22 with 285 viewssledger

Bad parental upbringing and the fact you cant give an errant child a correctional slap,it never did my generation any harm,saints born and bred.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024