Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of this season - and next 10:11 - Apr 22 with 794 viewssaint901

Short of an unlikely series of results, we're in play offs and stating the bleeding obvious, we will get promoted or stay in the Champ.

If we get promoted, we'll have enjoyed a day out at Wembley and be looking forward to some good teams coming to SMS. My feeling is that the club has no money for serious recruitment and that a stay in the PL will see us lose more games than we win and survival may be all we can hope for.

Perversely if we do get promoted the style RM likes to play will be better suited to that league but again, I think teams already there play it better than we do and we will need something a little different. I am no confident that RM can provide "different".

If we stay in the Champ (and arguably we are perhaps a year or two ahead of the plan anyway) then I fear that many of the teams mid table this season will be real contenders. At least three of them Coventry, Boro and Hull have teams that are rebuilds from previous seasons and if they are kept they will be contenders. Add in the three relegated teams and promotion next season is not a guarantee.

I cannot see the owners asking RM to move on and I can't see him departing for "better opportunities" elsewhere. We are the best opportunity he's ever had!

I would hope that the obvious shortcomings of this season are addressed. We lack players of sufficient quality in some areas and I think the game management needs to be improved. If we accept that that we will make a lot of chance, score few of them, then we need to stop letting goals in. That speaks to needing a new CB and a new system. Personally I'd like to go 3-4-3 but again, not the RM way.

I'd also like to see less BS from the manager. Absolutely understand that he has to say one thing to the media and a different thing on the training pitch but some of his statements are embarrassing. Saying we've outplayed the opposition but lost 2-1 is utterly pointless. He knows why we lost - not enough shots or shots on target - and that's what needs some honesty.

My view is that promoted or not, RM is here to stay and whilst I hope some new players will arrive, unless they do, we'll be here again next season.
The rest of this season - and next on 13:17 - Apr 22 with 674 viewsNickSO19

Looking forward to us mucking up the first semi final, heroic defeat in the next, no promotion, players leaving, Martin leaving as he realises the club is skint, the owners leaving, Northam wall being left half finished, The block our lot are in being empty apart from us singing about JFK to the sea gulls.

I am renewing my season ticket tomorrow. Up The Saints.
The rest of this season - and next on 13:24 - Apr 22 with 656 viewsPatfromPoole

The rest of this season - and next on 13:17 - Apr 22 by NickSO19

Looking forward to us mucking up the first semi final, heroic defeat in the next, no promotion, players leaving, Martin leaving as he realises the club is skint, the owners leaving, Northam wall being left half finished, The block our lot are in being empty apart from us singing about JFK to the sea gulls.

I am renewing my season ticket tomorrow. Up The Saints.

We may be the best gig in town for Martin, even if it is a skint gig.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The rest of this season - and next on 21:37 - Apr 22 with 450 viewssledger

take the loanees and the out of contract players from the side there will be very little left if we do not get promoted,rm will then have his next swansea/milton keynes
The rest of this season - and next on 08:45 - Apr 23 with 278 viewsFlamingbankers

The rest of this season - and next on 21:37 - Apr 22 by sledger

take the loanees and the out of contract players from the side there will be very little left if we do not get promoted,rm will then have his next swansea/milton keynes

Looks most likely at this point. Hope we're wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024