Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never seen so many logged on to this site now 21:50 - Apr 23 with 912 viewsgrumpy

Are the natives angry?
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:09 - Apr 23 with 814 viewsRon11

A bit sad, really.
Especially when you see who Leicester and Leeds appointed as their managers, but yet again the clueless owners bring in yet another clown in here.
Especially sad that with the quality of players here, it should have been pretty much plain sailing with some direct football and a plan B.
The playoffs are the last chance - or most of the good players will be gone.
I hope Martin will gone too, in that case.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:24 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:09 - Apr 23 by Ron11

A bit sad, really.
Especially when you see who Leicester and Leeds appointed as their managers, but yet again the clueless owners bring in yet another clown in here.
Especially sad that with the quality of players here, it should have been pretty much plain sailing with some direct football and a plan B.

Remember Tony Barton at Aston Villa? Villa won the Europeam Cup in 1982 and the Super Cup as well but Barton didn't get the credit he deserved as he wasn't high profile and the general attitude a lot of the media experts / pundits took was Villa had such a good squad of players anyone could have managed them to EC success. In some respects with the squad we had this season I felt that the same should apply so I was not that worried when Martin was appointed. In hindsight, how wrong I was, and how right you are in what you have said above.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:34 - Apr 23 with 709 viewsRon11

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:24 - Apr 23 by InTimeAddedOn

Remember Tony Barton at Aston Villa? Villa won the Europeam Cup in 1982 and the Super Cup as well but Barton didn't get the credit he deserved as he wasn't high profile and the general attitude a lot of the media experts / pundits took was Villa had such a good squad of players anyone could have managed them to EC success. In some respects with the squad we had this season I felt that the same should apply so I was not that worried when Martin was appointed. In hindsight, how wrong I was, and how right you are in what you have said above.

Exactly how I felt.
I didn't realise that Martin would be such a stubborn arrogant waster of talent.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:35 - Apr 23 with 706 viewsGRIM

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:09 - Apr 23 by Ron11

A bit sad, really.

I'm not convinced that the quality of our squad is as good as we think it is.
There might be a lot of ex Premier players but that doesn't mean they are any good.
We were put in our place tonight by a team that will probably survive their first year back in Premier lge & we'd have no chance of surviving.
RM has had 44 games to gel a team together & look what he's achieved, we looked like a Sunday morning pub team.
At least Sunday morning Pub teams enjoy what they are doing our lot look as if they don't want to be there.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:41 - Apr 23 with 680 viewsRon11

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:35 - Apr 23 by GRIM

There might be a lot of ex Premier players but that doesn't mean they are any good.
We were put in our place tonight by a team that will probably survive their first year back in Premier lge & we'd have no chance of surviving.
RM has had 44 games to gel a team together & look what he's achieved, we looked like a Sunday morning pub team.
At least Sunday morning Pub teams enjoy what they are doing our lot look as if they don't want to be there.

Well I think the quality of the squad has not in any way been reflected or enhanced by Martin's insistence of fannying about with the ball in our own half, reactive rather proactive substitutions. Leicester just sat back and picked Saints off because they knew exactly what Martin's game plan would be.
At least West Brom went there and attacked.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:44 - Apr 23 with 668 viewsMattFinish

We need to finish the season on a winning note going into the playoffs but I can't see us beating Leeds away. In fact I can see us losing to Stoke
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:50 - Apr 23 with 654 viewsGRIM

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:44 - Apr 23 by MattFinish

We need to finish the season on a winning note going into the playoffs but I can't see us beating Leeds away. In fact I can see us losing to Stoke

I don't think we'll win another game this season.
Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:54 - Apr 23 with 637 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Never seen so many logged on to this site now on 22:35 - Apr 23 by GRIM

Re your final sentence: Add to it, and probably won't be there next season.

The performance tonight reminded me of some of the latter performances of the season offered up by the Saints team that Redkrapp took down, and that's quite a damning indictment of any Saints team but that's how it felt to me tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024