Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans in a lose lose position? 16:02 - Apr 29 with 642 viewssaints__fan__73

Promotion: Drubbed week after week 99% chance of relegation

Stay in Championship: Squad decimated but still a chance of being a playoff chasing team. Very real chance of points deduction due to HUGE losses being accumulated since SR took over.

The only ones that promotion will really benefit are SR as getting back in the PL and then having 3 new years of parachute payments will pay for their mistakes.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Fans in a lose lose position? on 16:27 - Apr 29 with 597 viewsPatfromPoole

I thought the sale of Tella (decisive though it may ultimately prove to be) was done to ensure we did not break FFP regulations.

The current year's accounts won't be pretty, though they will include the sales of Lavia, Ward Prowse, Tella, Salisu etc.....

It doesn't cost that much to build a competitive team in the Championship. There are an awful lot of bargain players out there; we just have to be smart in getting the best ones.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Fans in a lose lose position? on 17:23 - Apr 29 with 551 viewsBerber

Fans in a lose lose position? on 16:27 - Apr 29 by PatfromPoole

I thought the sale of Tella (decisive though it may ultimately prove to be) was done to ensure we did not break FFP regulations.

The current year's accounts won't be pretty, though they will include the sales of Lavia, Ward Prowse, Tella, Salisu etc.....

It doesn't cost that much to build a competitive team in the Championship. There are an awful lot of bargain players out there; we just have to be smart in getting the best ones.

Good luck with that.
Fans in a lose lose position? on 12:55 - Apr 30 with 270 viewsIfonly

Fans in a lose lose position? on 16:27 - Apr 29 by PatfromPoole

The less we spend on players, the less likely they are to be good in RM's system. You need quality players to play tippy tappy and quality players don't come cheap.

We would be better off if we decided on a different playing style and looked for players that can play that way. That's the way to find bargains. Of course we'd have to wave a sad farewell to Rusty, but I think could handle that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024