Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways 15:25 - May 4 with 1288 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62438/swansea-city-grime

How annoying ! Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 16:30 - May 4 with 1169 viewsFlashberryjack

Awful game with players that have no pride in their work.
I'm looking forward to next season.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 16:39 - May 4 with 1150 viewsBoundy

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 16:30 - May 4 by Flashberryjack

Awful game with players that have no pride in their work.
I'm looking forward to next season.

I'm looking forward to not having to watch that lot again ,some forever hopefully.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 17:48 - May 4 with 1037 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 16:39 - May 4 by Boundy

I'm looking forward to not having to watch that lot again ,some forever hopefully.

Absolutely none of them would be missed if sold.
For me,getting rid of Grimes is key. That way, we can @ctually move forward and not have to rely around one player,who starts or tries to ,everything .
Bottom line is about ownership and football decisions .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:10 - May 4 with 1009 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 17:48 - May 4 by onehunglow

For me,getting rid of Grimes is key. That way, we can @ctually move forward and not have to rely around one player,who starts or tries to ,everything .

More chance of Grimes signing for Cardiff. Nil.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:19 - May 4 with 987 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:10 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

More chance of Grimes signing for Cardiff. Nil.

Believe !
I read Epiticus on holiday

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:29 - May 4 with 960 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 17:48 - May 4 by onehunglow

Grimes was one of the few who played well today. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but in general his play was good, particularly the covering. He's not the only player to miss a penalty for us this season.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 19:57 - May 4 with 849 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:29 - May 4 by Whiterockin

Grimes was one of the few who played well today. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but in general his play was good, particularly the covering. He's not the only player to miss a penalty for us this season.

I just don’t see it Whitey.
Opinions

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:08 - May 4 with 828 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 18:29 - May 4 by Whiterockin

He’s a better player when he goes forwards. It’s just not in his make up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:08 - May 4 with 827 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 19:57 - May 4 by onehunglow

I just don’t see it Whitey.
Opinions

Not a problem. You were telling us for 6 months we were going down, I didn't see it and we finished mid table. Opinions.

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:12 - May 4 with 807 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:08 - May 4 by KeithHaynes

He’s a better player when he goes forwards. It’s just not in his make up.

I would like to see him as AM instead of DM. He could break defences but as you say its not in his make up.

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:21 - May 4 with 781 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:08 - May 4 by Whiterockin

Not a problem. You were telling us for 6 months we were going down, I didn't see it and we finished mid table. Opinions.

Yeah and thinking back, it was on the cards
This league is very open and to be safe is not as simple as it appears
Moreover, we have played like drains
We stayed up
I'm pleased
You're pleased
We move on and hopefully see a new season
Take nowt for granted
Nowt

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 00:32 - May 5 with 638 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea is losing £340,000 a week on one of the most boring squads have seen for two decades, Most of that loss is on account of the players.

One has to ask about the academy as well costing £200k a month. Cullen who was entirely anonymous today is the best striker the CoE ad Academy for 20 years and is frankly not very good. Barely any movement or "showing up" for the ball. Other long term prospects are not showing up at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:07 - May 5 with 446 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 20:08 - May 4 by Whiterockin

The positin isn't important, the points difference is, we could have gone down this season with just 3 or 4 more bad results. If things continue on this trajectory next season could be a real problem, things have to change, to improve.

Yesterday was a return to the kind of performance all of us are unhappy with, no desire, no effort, slipshod.
It was the last game and we were safe, if things don't change then will we be happy this time next season?
Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:18 - May 5 with 436 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:07 - May 5 by SullutaCreturned

The positin isn't important, the points difference is, we could have gone down this season with just 3 or 4 more bad results. If things continue on this trajectory next season could be a real problem, things have to change, to improve.

Yesterday was a return to the kind of performance all of us are unhappy with, no desire, no effort, slipshod.
It was the last game and we were safe, if things don't change then will we be happy this time next season?

I make comments as of the time.
This season,we really did look like relegation material
I fail to understand how anyone could be genuinely sanguine and confident we were “ safe”. We were nothing of the kind
We have been mainly appalling save from a few isolated games .
We have seen ludicrous praise for bang average players .
Worst aspect however has been Yates,a stand out shyt house of a player yet one chosen to wear our shirt .
Tymon has been he only bright light of a very dull season,exemplified by yesterday
‘ s return to crap, when both players and manager said they would be aiming to end on a high.
Now,that trash talk gets up my nose so hang me high if it offends sone petals out there

We deserve better than this . It doesn’t have to be this way ,folks . Honest .

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:41 - May 5 with 408 viewsjack247

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:07 - May 5 by SullutaCreturned

The position was important at the time some people were worried about relegation because there were five or six teams between us and the bottom three and we were running out of games. One or two of the bottom clubs going on a run and overtaking us was feasible. All of them doing it really wasn’t. My posts throughout said the same.

If we play like we have on general since Williams was appointed, we’ll stay up again. That’s a really low bar to set though and I agree the performances aren’t great to watch, particularly at home against teams who come to stifle us.

Happy? No I won’t be. I’m not happy now. There’s a difference between being extremely confident we’d stay up and being happy with either the league table or the performances.
Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:50 - May 5 with 395 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:41 - May 5 by jack247

The position was important at the time some people were worried about relegation because there were five or six teams between us and the bottom three and we were running out of games. One or two of the bottom clubs going on a run and overtaking us was feasible. All of them doing it really wasn’t. My posts throughout said the same.

If we play like we have on general since Williams was appointed, we’ll stay up again. That’s a really low bar to set though and I agree the performances aren’t great to watch, particularly at home against teams who come to stifle us.

Happy? No I won’t be. I’m not happy now. There’s a difference between being extremely confident we’d stay up and being happy with either the league table or the performances.

I’m happy we stayed up but disappointed with how we play,how we are run and what the immediate future looks like .
Ipswich are in a roll and good luck to them.
We know what it’s like
Happy days weren’t they .

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 15:22 - May 5 with 371 viewsjack247

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 14:50 - May 5 by onehunglow

I’m happy we stayed up but disappointed with how we play,how we are run and what the immediate future looks like .
Ipswich are in a roll and good luck to them.
We know what it’s like
Happy days weren’t they .

Those are separate things. I was never concerned about relegation.

But I agree with you. I haven’t enjoyed this season. We’ve had too many games like yesterday. Huffing and puffing while organised opponents nullify us effectively.

Staying up doesn’t make it an acceptable season.

I do enjoy watching us when teams attack us like Norwich did, but we’re easy to set up against and stifle.

I’m also a bit concerned about this summer. I don’t know what kind of funds are available and if we spend them as badly as we did last year we could be in trouble.
Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 17:54 - May 5 with 313 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : Grimes misses a penalty in a return to bad old ways on 15:22 - May 5 by jack247

Those are separate things. I was never concerned about relegation.

But I agree with you. I haven’t enjoyed this season. We’ve had too many games like yesterday. Huffing and puffing while organised opponents nullify us effectively.

Staying up doesn’t make it an acceptable season.

I do enjoy watching us when teams attack us like Norwich did, but we’re easy to set up against and stifle.

I’m also a bit concerned about this summer. I don’t know what kind of funds are available and if we spend them as badly as we did last year we could be in trouble.

Firstly I haven't enjoyed this season at all, the only bright spot was the performance against Cardiff, not only for who it was against but the commitment and effort that was displayed. The rest of the season was terrible and dare I say it boring.

As for next season I fear for the club in general. We have a bunch of football novices in charge who are making horrendous mistakes. We probably only have Wood who will generate decent funds, but it will be nothing near the £10M originally stated. We have quite a few players in contract who we need to offload at a considerable loss, some after less than 12 months, it really has been a waste of our limited funds. Then there is the reported aim to cut the wage bill. Obviously we are living beyond our means, but how much of this is down to major mistakes by senior management, particularly player acquisition. If we are to offer players less money to come, surely we will end up with a squad of inferior quality unless we get the balance youth and senior players right. Get this summer wrong and I really worry for our future.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024