Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. 16:07 - May 5 with 2423 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why do I find them so unsatisfying?

Brighton just took one, with a bonus no look, and initially missed.

I just don’t get what advantage is to be gained?
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:04 - May 5 with 1969 viewsNorthernr

I know I'm only basing this on a life of 5-6-7 a side amateur football goalkeeping, but as soon as somebody starts pissing about like that my belief I'm about to save the thing goes up about 3000%.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:22 - May 5 with 1892 viewsstevec

It’s ungentlemanly conduct. Firmly believe that goalkeepers should be allowed to run out and kick them in the balls if they do this.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:35 - May 5 with 1867 viewseastside_r

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:22 - May 5 by stevec

It’s ungentlemanly conduct. Firmly believe that goalkeepers should be allowed to run out and kick them in the balls if they do this.

Absolutely. Should be a yellow for ungentlemanly conduct.

If they also incorporate a hop in the air like ManU’s Fernandez and that C***sea bloke, they should be taken out by a sniper.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 19:44 - May 5 with 1733 viewsloftboy

Penalties were very rarely missed when they were taken properly, seems to be a lot more missed taken this way.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 19:49 - May 5 with 1726 viewsEsox_Lucius

Eberechi Eze joins the conversation.

The grass is always greener.

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 20:32 - May 5 with 1641 viewsBluce_Ree

Stalled penalties are bullshit. You're just making it more likely you'll miss. It cost England in the final. Fannying around.

I'm a fan of the Patrick Berger style. Pick a place in the goal and then fking WANG IT.

And fk off Gavin Peacock in particular.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 21:33 - May 5 with 1532 viewsKonk

Good to see you back, mate.

Why would you complicate a stressful process. Get a target fixed in your head, do not deviate, larrup the cun t and 90% of the time, happy days. Ray Stewart style. Don't be a smart arse. Keep it simple.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 04:43 - May 6 with 1396 viewsSydneyRs

Reckon they should stop this nonsense and also keepers dancing about on the line waving their arms.
Login to get fewer ads

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 07:47 - May 6 with 1297 viewsLandshark

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 04:43 - May 6 by SydneyRs

Reckon they should stop this nonsense and also keepers dancing about on the line waving their arms.

I'm more bothered by the keepers that approach the penalty spot to put the kicker off. They should be made to stay on their line. We've seen it twice lately in penalty shootouts that the keepers who act up end up on the winning team, Onana vs Coventry and Emi Martinez vs Lille. Both keepers got booked in the shootout but the refs didn't have the balls to send them off for further antics.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 09:57 - May 6 with 1220 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 04:43 - May 6 by SydneyRs

Now this I like!
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 12:12 - May 6 with 1132 viewsLazyFan

The science was done, and Kevin Gallen was involved.

As they say in the video, if the penalty is taken properly, then it's unsavable, even if the keeper knows which corner it's going in out of the four.

Source here:

Also, I noticed that the best pen takers, the ones who have the highest score ratios, all hammer their pens. Ray Stewart a player from West Ham in the 80s/90s always hit them in the same place every time, but it was hit hard and so fast that even though all the keepers knew it was going there, they could not save it.

This shuffle is trying to get the keeper to dive early, and then somehow, using your amazing skill, you put it the other way. If I was a keeper and saw certain players doing this, I would start faking my dive early and then go the other way, also gives them time to possibly save the one down the middle.

I am waiting for a keeper in like the World Cup to save a pen down the middle by booting it straight back out in contempt to really make the taker look foolish.

zzzzzzzzzz

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 12:15 - May 6 with 1131 viewsGroveR

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 19:49 - May 5 by Esox_Lucius

Eberechi Eze joins the conversation.

I'm going to say I love the way Eze doess the drop-step for a penalty. Hull away, Preston at home - you can almost see the keeper going "must not get sat down, must not get sat down, must not...ahh shìt"
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 12:37 - May 6 with 1124 viewsEsox_Lucius

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 12:12 - May 6 by LazyFan

The science was done, and Kevin Gallen was involved.

As they say in the video, if the penalty is taken properly, then it's unsavable, even if the keeper knows which corner it's going in out of the four.

Source here:

Also, I noticed that the best pen takers, the ones who have the highest score ratios, all hammer their pens. Ray Stewart a player from West Ham in the 80s/90s always hit them in the same place every time, but it was hit hard and so fast that even though all the keepers knew it was going there, they could not save it.

This shuffle is trying to get the keeper to dive early, and then somehow, using your amazing skill, you put it the other way. If I was a keeper and saw certain players doing this, I would start faking my dive early and then go the other way, also gives them time to possibly save the one down the middle.

I am waiting for a keeper in like the World Cup to save a pen down the middle by booting it straight back out in contempt to really make the taker look foolish.

Isn't Eze 100% ?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:05 - May 6 with 1095 viewskensalriser

I couldn't care less if they did a pirouette, a hop, skip and jump and a somersault as long as they score the damn thing (Rs players only, obviously).

Someone must have done the numbers on nonsense vs no nonsense run ups.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:23 - May 6 with 1060 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 07:47 - May 6 by Landshark

I'm more bothered by the keepers that approach the penalty spot to put the kicker off. They should be made to stay on their line. We've seen it twice lately in penalty shootouts that the keepers who act up end up on the winning team, Onana vs Coventry and Emi Martinez vs Lille. Both keepers got booked in the shootout but the refs didn't have the balls to send them off for further antics.

You are talking about 2 of the biggest wan*ers in World football there Landsharp but Martizez has a WC medal doing his bullsh*t mind games .
That keeper from the African cup of nations who we are supposedly looking at is almost a worst culprit .(sorry cannot find his name ).
Haaland has the best approch IMO. As soon as the ball is placed and the whistle blown he is off at full speed and normally buries it in either corner .
I am old school but if a shooter stops,stalls or hops and scores it should be a retake and if he does it again chalk it off
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:27 - May 6 with 1050 viewsHoopsie

This hop, skip, stall, jump and shoot nonsense, should it even be allowed?

Once the whistle is blown, either for a free kick or penalty, shouldn’t the kick be duly despatched? Dancing around a penalty is time wasting isn’t it?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:56 - May 6 with 1004 viewspaulparker

Not a fan I recall John Aldridge started this trend playing for Real Sociedad about 30 years ago , I’m pretty sure some were re taken as it was classed as ungentlemanly conduct it now seems all players do this now , whilst on the subject im not a fan of the old Socrates 2 yard run up like Saka does just do a Ray Stewart and smash it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 15:39 - May 6 with 957 viewskensalriser

If we going to change the laws, how about no run up? That would sort the men from the boys.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 16:47 - May 6 with 911 viewsCamberleyR

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 21:33 - May 5 by Konk

Good to see you back, mate.

Why would you complicate a stressful process. Get a target fixed in your head, do not deviate, larrup the cun t and 90% of the time, happy days. Ray Stewart style. Don't be a smart arse. Keep it simple.

Or Julian Dicks. Might be misremembering but I don't think he missed too many.

[Post edited 6 May 16:54]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 16:52 - May 6 with 897 viewsCamberleyR

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:56 - May 6 by paulparker

Not a fan I recall John Aldridge started this trend playing for Real Sociedad about 30 years ago , I’m pretty sure some were re taken as it was classed as ungentlemanly conduct it now seems all players do this now , whilst on the subject im not a fan of the old Socrates 2 yard run up like Saka does just do a Ray Stewart and smash it

Think it was earlier than that mate. His missed penalty in the 1988 Cup Final he did a stutter in his run up and IIRC he'd been taking them like that all that season and hadn't missed until that point.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 19:30 - May 6 with 798 viewsGroveR

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:56 - May 6 by paulparker

Socrates smoked 60 Marlboro Red a day so 2 yards was probably as much run up as he could manage.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 19:33 - May 6 with 788 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 16:47 - May 6 by CamberleyR

Or Julian Dicks. Might be misremembering but I don't think he missed too many.

[Post edited 6 May 16:54]

That gives me the horn. As long as it’s on target 99% it’s going in.
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:48 - May 7 with 613 viewsHarbour

What’s the worst penalty you have seen at Loftus Road …the Nanki Wells in the 4-3 loss for me …bloody awful pen that spoil the chance of a memorable come back…
Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 14:41 - May 7 with 571 viewsEsox_Lucius

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:48 - May 7 by Harbour

What’s the worst penalty you have seen at Loftus Road …the Nanki Wells in the 4-3 loss for me …bloody awful pen that spoil the chance of a memorable come back…

Kerry Dixon by a mile... that's what he missed it by.

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 17:05 - May 7 with 500 viewsloftboy

Slow, Stalled, Penalty Run Ups. on 13:48 - May 7 by Harbour

Not at Loftus Road but Simon Barker in the last minute up at Goodison circa 1990, virtually passed the ball to Southall.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024